Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I got the black bent intake from PIU and it doesn't fit in my og. It's loose and moves around. I see they have a clear one, which I'd prefer aesthetically, but both list the og as compatible so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Wrote to PIU and I'm sure it'll all be fine knowing how impeccable their customer service is. Just sharing here because it's where folks were explaining the advantages of the bent one.

shervin2

The Two-Click Bowlshevik & Sticksimus Briximus
I got the black bent intake from PIU and it doesn't fit in my og. It's loose and moves around. I see they have a clear one, which I'd prefer aesthetically, but both list the og as compatible so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Wrote to PIU and I'm sure it'll all be fine knowing how impeccable their customer service is. Just sharing here because it's where folks were explaining the advantages of the bent one.

Mine is a bit loose, not totally where it doesn't make a seal.

As long as your bent intake makes a seal with the oring, you're okay if it moves around.

Here's what I mean, it needs to seal nicely.

I'd send it back as defective if its not sealing.

6o5s6xtf.jpg

The brick is hungry for more.

IMG-20190811-200725.jpg

Seriously thinking this might be gods greatest gift to vape heads who love mastering skills.

If you get good at using this thing, it's like mastering an art or an instrument. It will reward you with the best vaping experience possible.

This is my daily driver after giving it many failures and tries at loving it. I finally got a hang of how to light it properly for the smoothest hits of pure flavor.

Last edited by a moderator:

nonamekevin

@shervin2 I agree about the brick being an absolute phenomenal vape. With that being said, my engineering side is always thinking if there is something that would improve the experience. I've been struggling to think of how the runt could be better, besides the pieces lining up naturally.

Wondering if there is anything you would change about the OG?

nonamekevin,

shervin2

Besides it being made of something semi fragile (Think a titanium sticky brick... Oh yea...), the design aspect of the og and the simplicity of it's operation is phenomenal.

It looks like you're hitting a crack pipe but it makes the thc off the flower leap into steam and go out through the end of the vape... Its that good when you master it.

This is my "getting high" desk. Came off from dynavap now all I hit is Maxx with a dhgate rattler and my og (OG waay smoother).

oa7tqcru.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nonamekevin

Was thinking about an alternative material also, and ti would be interesting as a special edition kind of thing. But if the body is metal, we would lose some efficiency since the thermal conductivity for ti is much higher than that of wood. We'd be heating the body instead of the herb. To what extent, I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

@Ramahs, do you pick it up when using or leave it on a table? Curious as to how well the Maxx handles with a tube on it.

nonamekevin,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Was thinking about an alternative material also, and ti would be interesting as a special edition kind of thing. But if the body is metal, we would lose some efficiency since the thermal conductivity for ti is much higher than that of wood. We'd be heating the body instead of the herb. To what extent, I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

@Ramahs, do you pick it up when using or leave it on a table? Curious as to how well the Maxx handles with a tube on it.

It's normally in my palm when using it, because I prefer working the carb with my finger instead of using the cork, but it could be used on the table if one wanted to.

SquanchKava

Folks with the OG and the Hydrobrick or Maxx Hydrobrick.
What has the best flavor and best cooling. As in the Hydrobrick or Maxx using the Maxx dry mouthpiece or the OG?

I love the runt and it is very smooth but I still get a lot of throat burn. Maybe because I am holding the vape in too long or taking too many hits back to back too soon. Not a bad burn like the old days of combusting but still irritating. So I am curious what the next logical step of VAS should be. Get an OG or get a hydrobrick since I already have a Maxx mouthpiece. I am wanting to mostly run it dry so I would prefer the maximum cooling of the vapor and best flavor. I read the OG is a little tougher to take apart to stir and empty the bowl compared to the Hydrobrick and maybe easier to hold in the hand. I would want to hold the hydrobrick in the hand and not leave it on a desktop if possible.
I will probably love the Runt with the Maxx dry mouthpiece if I get it to work. But I doubt I will be able to stop myself from buying other SBL models lol

Last edited:
SquanchKava,

shervin2

I ordered some ventricle whip stems with 14mm and 18mm ends. And I ordered the Maxx dry mouthpiece.
I am trying to see if I can use the Maxx dry mouthpiece mouthpiece on the Runt and my bubbler mouthpiece. Trying to get some of the OG smootheness and water use of the Hydrobrick.

Folks with the OG and the Hydrovrock or Maxx.
What has the best flavor and best cooling. As in the Hydrobrick or Maxx using the Maxx dryy mouthpiece or the OG?

I love the runt and it is very smooth but I still get a lot of throat burn, it may be that I am holding the vape in too long or taking to many hits back too soon. Not a bad burn like the old days of combusting but still irritating. So I am curious what the next logical step of VAS should be. Get an OG or get a hydrobrick since I already have a Maxx mouthpiece. I am wanting to mostly run it dry so I would prefer the maximum cooling of the vapor and best flavor. I read the OG is a little tougher to take apart to stir and empty the bowl compared to the Hydrobrick and maybe easier to hold in the hand. I would want to hold the hydrobrick in the hand and not leave it on a desktop if possible.
I will probably love the Runt with the Maxx dry mouthpiece if I get it to work. But I doubt I will be able to stop myself from buying other SBL models lol

I

The OG is the best out of the bunch, easiest to clean, best hitting and vapor path (stainless stem to glass, nice).

If its one SB to get it would be the OG. It does everything and it's the best and hardest.

If you want to get completely face melted fucked up nearly scortching your herb and want to get it done through water, the Maxx would be it.

The OG can be played by an instrument to many different levels to get extraction down perfectly, where the residue on the glass mouthpiece smells like honey.

Anyway, got my junior now, looks like I'm set for any situation.

nhi2nquy.jpg

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Here's what I mean, it needs to seal nicely.

I'd send it back as defective if its not sealing.

6o5s6xtf.jpg
It's a blessing in disguise now that I found the clear one. And of course PIU wrote me first thing Monday morning that a replacement is already shipped.

And I'm glad you're as big a proponent of the og since it's my only brick. Makes it easier to lay off the PIU sale since I have no real use for a smaller one. Nice little brick family in that last post!

shervin2

Just got the junior, hits nice, bowl size is small and the thing is a little bit fumbly, but quality vapor on the go, that's for sure. But hot, waay hotter vapor than the OG. The OG has a better cooling path, but that's the trade-off for portability.

For 90% of the time though, I'll take my OG.

5h7dujiy.jpg

nonamekevin

@SquanchKava did you see my Runt setup for around the house? Page 66 at the bottom. I do not get any burn at all through water. It might be worth checking out the wpa, since it's only like $30.

It doesn't sound like you would be disappointed going with an OG or Maxx though.

SquanchKava

@SquanchKava did you see my Runt setup for around the house? Page 66 at the bottom. I do not get any burn at all through water. It might be worth checking out the wpa, since it's only like $30.

It doesn't sound like you would be disappointed going with an OG or Maxx though.

Thanks, that is a nice set up. I do love the Runt, and it is my favorite vape so far. I just bought a Dime Bag ten inch model so I can travel with it and protect the glass. It already fits in a nice wooden box we have so getting a larger model would be a pain to store it. It really is a great size for holding and I love how easy it is to remove and stir the herb chamber.

I thought about getting the WPA like you have and getting a nice jhook to add some more glass for cooling down the vapor. Or get a nice small standing water piece like you have. I already have a nice 14mm female mouthpiece bubbler and wanted to adapt a Maxx dry mouthpiece to fit. So I wanted to try and find some veritcle adapters first.

Part of my throat burn is being greedy, CBD flower can get you in the indica ballpark when you have enough. So I usually have two or three bowl fills of the Runt in the evening but by the end of the second bowl my throat is getting pretty scratchy. So I am hoping adding more glass area or going through some water could help reduce the throat burn.

Fingers crossed those two verticle whip ends do the trick. I also put the idea out to SBL and they seemed intrigued by it. Would be cool if they start making 14mm and 18mm male veritcle mouthpieces like on the Flipbrick but made to fit the Runts and Juniors.

nonamekevin

Still fairly new to FC, but has there been a discussion between mods to combine the sticky brick posts (Jr, runt, and this one)? I love the activity of this post, and it seems like everyone posts to this one more than the others. Is there really a need to separate the three? Maybe it will drive up conversations on this one overall.

Just a thought. Keep vaping friends!

SquanchKava

I run the Runt with the restrictor disc. I read that some folks take the spare restrictor disc and put it in the mouthpiece port. I did that last night and it really did seem to make the vapor cooler.
Glad I tried it.

On a side note I keep drooling over the Paduak, Canary, and Fractal burned woods. I wonder if they will ever offer Fractal OG versions. Also wonder how a Paduak or Canary with fractal would look. But they probably don't want to add fractal to exotic woods and mess up the natural look of the exotics. All the schexy woods and looks of the different models in the SBL line sure cause extreme VAS.

SquanchKava,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I run the Runt with the restrictor disc. I read that some folks take the spare restrictor disc and put it in the mouthpiece port. I did that last night and it really did seem to make the vapor cooler.
Glad I tried it.

On a side note I keep drooling over the Paduak, Canary, and Fractal burned woods. I wonder if they will ever offer Fractal OG versions. Also wonder how a Paduak or Canary with fractal would look. But they probably don't want to add fractal to exotic woods and mess up the natural look of the exotics. All the schexy woods and looks of the different models in the SBL line sure cause extreme VAS.

I would love one in Canary. However, I've never found the fractal models attractive. It just looks like an accident happened, as if it should be sold as a discount 2nd quality damaged unit. Am I alone in this?

Ramahs,

SquanchKava

I think it is more that I am fascinated by fractals. Whenever I sit outside to vape and have some Kava ai love to see the fractal patterns of trees.

I think with the Hydobrick line it it adds a little something extra to them as they look the simplest of the models. And I dig the Junior Walnut fractal model.

But I mostly want a Paduak and a Canary with my future Sticky Brick orders.

SquanchKava

The potency and efficiency of the Runt has me wondering if there are any electric vapes that works as well. My Flowermate and Dynavaps seem so less potent now. What do you folks use for discrete, travel vapes to get in the realm of the Sticky Brick potency/efficiency?
Are the Pax3 or Healthy Rips in the ball park of potency. Trying to find something you can palm discretely but still have the Sricky Brick potency for away from home use.

SquanchKava,

shervin2

Using the brick and OG at the same time, one performs while the other is clogged and waiting to be cleaned.

nztvcwik.jpg

It's a shame this vape isn't used as much as daily drivers because of it's steep learning curve.

YayVap

@shervin2 I am completely confused by your last post...All parts of it. But it's probably just me. I was hitting my Maxx pretty hard. Nice pair of SB"s for sure. What wood is your hydro maxx? Mines purple heart.

YayVap,
Top Bottom