Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
11g's in 1.58 out!

2011-12-06154320.jpg

JDSupreme,

weedemon

enthusiast
another fine looking chunk of oil my friend! :)

when you let it get back to room temp did the milkiness in the centre of that glob disappear? or are they just tiny bubbles?

weedemon,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
weedemon said:
another fine looking chunk of oil my friend! :)

when you let it get back to room temp did the milkiness in the centre of that glob disappear? or are they just tiny bubbles?

Just tiny bubbles. I did a heat, then vac, then freeze X2. I was going to do it a 3rd time to see if I could rid it of all bubbles but I tried a sample after 2 rounds and it was DELICIOUS. The herb looked a bit more crystallized than normal so I guess that would explain my higher yield that normal. Still gotta do a second run on the buds after grinding. I usually do that 2 days after the 1st run.

JDSupreme,

dannite

Durden's Own
Question on the vacuum filtration:

Does this simply increase your yield, or is there another reason to do this? Assuming the only issue is better filtration for high yield, I assume a french press setup (with a beter filter obviously) with high pressure would yield similar results?

dannite,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
dannite said:
Question on the vacuum filtration:

Does this simply increase your yield, or is there another reason to do this? Assuming the only issue is better filtration for high yield, I assume a french press setup (with a beter filter obviously) with high pressure would yield similar results?

The vac is done after the spraying, evaporation, and scraping is complete. The yield does not change with vac-ing. All vacuuming does is help pull the rest of the tane bubbles out for a more refined product

I have no idea how a french press would be used in the BHO making process lol you are not squeezing the tane out (that's my guess to your train of thought) :D

JDSupreme,

dannite

Durden's Own
Yah, I'm thinking french press style for a butane/iso extraction - just to get the last oily remnants of the solvant out of the ground herb as well as speed the process (I HATE waiting for stuff to make its way through a funne/filter by gravity alone). Vac makes sense for getting the tane to effervesce out of the product.

dannite,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Got some really dense, very sticky buds my friend called "blueberry". smells like what you'd expect but I mean hard to tell what it really would be. very nice, dense buds and super sticky and lots of crystals when broken up!

2m3r0bc.jpg

Anyway...

7.06g in : 1.03g out

Very nice yield I was super pleased!!!

okmt12.jpg

Blasted it directly onto parchment, oven and then water bath purged and clumped up together with a razor/freezer parchment technique.

Apologize for the low quality pics!

MarcellusWiley,

weedemon

enthusiast
blueberry is a strain that typically results in a lower yield, I think i only got about 10 or 11% return on a run i did once.

you had a great run! are you sure all the butane is out of it?

weedemon,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
You know i only did a quick 5min purge and whip in the oven at 170f and then another 5 mins in the water bath with some "less than boiling" water, could probably purge it one more time but I had something to do so I just left it as is.
So I'm not exactly sure it is "all" out but I think most of it is for the rudimentary methods I'm using.

Might throw the oil on parchment in the oven for another purge but I like the current consistency to be honest.

I was thinking of getting some sort of vacuum purging device but I don't really wanna spend more than on a handheld or something. I want something I can throw the oil clumped on the parchment in, then cover it with warm water. ( at least that's what I gather from reading these threads)
If anyone has any tips on that part I'd appreciate it.

edit:
Just got home again and put it in the oven as it warmed up to 170, whipped it around some more. It lost some of the lighter color, became more amber, but definitely lost a decent amount of butane after about 5-10minutes in there. Its now .99g and looks quite tasty! Just cleaned out my piece and giving it a go!

MarcellusWiley,

stroh

errl enthusiast
next time try razing with your torch to pop any excess bubbles instead of whipping, whipping to purge quicker tends to trap butane in your oil, while razing brings the bubbles to the top. just keep a safe distance away and gradually get closer, i like to gauge how warm the air is from the tip of the flame with my hand to get a good idea of how far i should be. whipping is okay after the final purge if budder or wax is your desired consistency, but it shouldn't be done during the purge. you should also purge all at once, its much easier to get all the tane out that way, the purge is the most important step IMHO.

i am going to be investing in a pump-n-seal soon, wont break the bank, and from what i've read, pulls a -25hg vacuum quite quickly.

stroh,

SkollIstKrieg

Does the oil in liquid form run off the parchment paper? Is any left behind? I'm still a little confused on how to claim it all off :/

SkollIstKrieg,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
SkollIstKrieg said:
Does the oil in liquid form run off the parchment paper? Is any left behind? I'm still a little confused on how to claim it all off :/

No it stays right on. This step is only needed if u are vac-ing

JDSupreme,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
2uzq8ll.jpg

7gs in : 1.11g out, and I lost a bit cause it was very shattery on the razorblade.

Great yield this time!

Has anyone else tried blasting directly onto parchment? It has been working amazingly well for me and I haven't noticed anything coming off the paper at all, as far as residue or anything.

It has taken my time to make this stuff from somewhere over an hour down to ~30 minutes because now i don't spend like 20 minutes trying to scrape as much as I can off the corners haha.

MarcellusWiley,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Nice return MW.........

Searching for a vid on BHO direct to parchment paper to see how that works (lack of vision myself, lol)

smokum,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I guess next time i can take some more pictures so you can get the idea of what i'm talking about.

Basically I just take a fairly large piece of parchment and line the pyrex dish with it, use something like string or electric tape or something on the outside and underneath to keep the parchment paper in place.

Blast the butane through the tube directly onto the parchment, put the dish lined with parchment in a water bath, it evaporates after 10-15 mins and you are left with the sticky oil right on the parchment.

you can do your purge directly from the parchment and then form it with a razor blade or sticking it to itself using cold/warm techniques.

MarcellusWiley,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Isnt the purged oil settled all over the parchment paper ? How do you get it all into one blob ?

Sorry if this is obvious in some way, but I just know I have chit loads of scraping to do from my pyrex (8x6) when purged off.

smokum,

Bouldorado

^^. Does that capture all the oil, or does some overrun into the pan? might have try this on my next run.

Bouldorado,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
If you make sure the complete pyrex is lined, it wont go anywhere near the borders as long as what you are using is large enough.

and as the butane evaporates the oil is settled on the place of the parchment where you blasted it in the center, as it is very sticky you can kind of scrape it lightly with a razor blade, not enough to rip the paper but enough to get the oil to stick to the razor blade, then stick to itself as its coming off. lightly heating the oil will help.

You can also kinda fold the paper into itself where the oil is to mush the oil together, and use the hot/cold technique to get it to stick to one side or place.

It takes a bit of getting used to and trying your own methods but I find it to be much easier and haven't found any reason NOT to do it yet.

MarcellusWiley,
Top Bottom