Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

gvape

Sounds like a atom smasher. I have an atom smasher slide but I rarely use it, just don't think it works that great. A novelty item in my eyes. I just prefer my health stone, skillet, nail or eclipse much more.

That CW Kush wax looks killer. I think I need To make another batch tonight. Making Bho is addictive! Anyone ever use a bunch of strains mixed or do you tend to keep it 1 strain at a time. I'm thinking of trying a mix of like 5 strains. In the past I have only done 1 or 2 at a time and tend to keep it a sativa, indica, or hybrid oil.

gvape,

weedemon

enthusiast
Im going to do a bho run on my sensi star today! will post back with pictures and more info! :)

Sensi Star
2cwop36.jpg

This strains is very sweet tasting, almost has a candy like flavour to it. The stone is heavy, and if i hit too much of this strain i will be ill (has happened 2 times already lol)! Great bedtime vapor. YUM!!! :ko: 200/oz

1q3dwj.jpg
more pics later :)

New glass dish too! thx Gratefulbuys! ;)
25ahx5g.jpg

zu1q2t.jpg

First wash: 1.2g
j94pw4.jpg

e7nvyc.jpg

2a5ja5l.jpg

2nd wash: 0.4g

241o5ye.jpg

starting weight in bud: 10.7g. 1.2 grans in the first wash, and 0.4 in the 2nd. all in all 1.6g and a 15% return. I am satisfied. :) that workes out to 50 bucks a gram for the oil. i had always wondered what it was worth.

now back to my abv experiment and see what the qwiso returns are like.

weedemon,

High Sigh

SG addict
I havent posted in this thread before, but I have been reading it for months and have gotten into BHO since then and have gotten pretty good at making it. I dont have pics but I ran 7 grams of Mango yesterday yeilding 1.1 grams. Just felt like i'd share my experience and recommend anyone who hasnt made bho yet, to start making it!

High Sigh,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
every photo on this page is amazing.

what kind of cameras are you people using? crazy detailed close-ups...

akwardsauce,

weedemon

enthusiast
mine is an older 8 mp canon rebel xt but i was using a 17-85mm 2.8L lens with a set of kenko extension tubes. (the middle one more specifically)

will buy a new body later down the road once mine is totally obsolete :p

I also did a first wash on some afghan, got 10% return but not going to do a 2nd wash. i have been so busy today doing concentrates that im done for a while :p (sensi star 2 washes, 3 iso washes on abv for my experiment, and then the afghan wash too) gotta clean up and call it a night!

also, I got my curve in the mail, and it has been getting some solid use since i got it! i jsut need a better torch to heat it up with my pocket torch isn't up to snuff. it works, but takes a long time. time for another rip i think :p

weedemon,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
weedemon said:
mine is an older 8 mp canon rebel xt but i was using a 17-85mm 2.8L lens with a set of kenko extension tubes. (the middle one more specifically)

will buy a new body later down the road once mine is totally obsolete :p

I also did a first wash on some afghan, got 10% return but not going to do a 2nd wash. i have been so busy today doing concentrates that im done for a while :p (sensi star 2 washes, 3 iso washes on abv for my experiment, and then the afghan wash too) gotta clean up and call it a night!

also, I got my curve in the mail, and it has been getting some solid use since i got it! i jsut need a better torch to heat it up with my pocket torch isn't up to snuff. it works, but takes a long time. time for another rip i think :p

nice dude...its probably going to feel (like a pain in the ass to type out your results) so good when youre finally done!

since i kind of asked you to do all of this work for all of our sakes, ill try to make up a little form that may help you just fill out some data/processes & speed it up a little bit...feel free to change it up however you want to.

akwardsauce,

stroh

errl enthusiast
is the 17-85mm f2.8 an older lens? i too am a canon user and have never heard of that lens before, but the focal length and f-stop speed sound prime! i also need to get an extension tube, the macro lens i use is only a macro because the adapter spaces it out too far to focus properly to infinity :lol:

stroh,

weedemon

enthusiast
LOl my bad, it's the 24-70 2.8L LOL :p been years sonce i thought about what it was and i thought i kew it off the top of my head :p

weedemon,

High Sigh

SG addict
Got a quick question... I came home from work today to find my batch of oil bubbly and turned into budder. Any thoughts on why this happened and how I can prevent it?

High Sigh,

stroh

errl enthusiast
if it is bubbly and autobuddering, chances are there is still a decent amount of tane trapped in there. does it taste at all like butane when you take a dab? in all my experiences, oil that is quote bubbly and autobudders is usually full of butane.

stroh,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
So how do you tell if it's autobudder or earwax? There are some concentrates that are marketed as "oils" at some dispensaries - that to me look like stuff that has autobudder"d. Would you say that the wax is full of butane?

I have also heard that some strains autobudder no matter how you purge them. However, generally using heat that is too high during purging will cause an autobudder. Although I have also heard that moisture can cause autobuddering too - too much steam getting into the "oil" perhaps?

notmyrealUSERname,

weedemon

enthusiast
i remember when i used to think budder was the shit (i kind of still do :p), i didn't know other people found it less desirable.

I have a batch of bho that is more bubbly than the others and i know it could have been purged better. (i agree you can taste it) I learned though and wont make the same mistake again :p

weedemon,

stroh

errl enthusiast
notmyrealUSERname said:
So how do you tell if it's autobudder or earwax? There are some concentrates that are marketed as "oils" at some dispensaries - that to me look like stuff that has autobudder"d. Would you say that the wax is full of butane?

I have also heard that some strains autobudder no matter how you purge them. However, generally using heat that is too high during purging will cause an autobudder. Although I have also heard that moisture can cause autobuddering too - too much steam getting into the "oil" perhaps?

too much moisture can definitely cause oil to autobudder as well, this happened to me once when i was heating my oil near a tea kettle spout that was shooting out steam. Higher heat during purging does cause oil to wax or budder, but i would not consider this "auto"buddering, as higher temps will generally give you a more stable concentrate.

waxs and budder can definitely be made with a proper purge tech that is completely free of butane, but if you feel your purge time wasn't adequate and you can still taste tane in your wax/budder, it more than likely needs to purge for a bit longer, and possibly melted down a little to release trapped tane.

@weedemon, looks like that stuff was made with a tamisium extractor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAMDS8a3BFY

stroh,

High Sigh

SG addict
stroh said:
if it is bubbly and autobuddering, chances are there is still a decent amount of tane trapped in there. does it taste at all like butane when you take a dab? in all my experiences, oil that is quote bubbly and autobudders is usually full of butane.
it hasnt tasted like butane at all but i wouldnt doubt i didnt purge it enough it could also have been too high a purge temp but it didnt get wax for like 3 days

High Sigh,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
did it rain that day? i bet the humidity in the air was enough to do it. how did you store it?

also how the hell do you get a nugget like in those vids? thats awesome! i have never seen that before. do you just pour the oil onto parchment paper then vac purge it? is there anything else to it? what is the best vac system to use?

notmyrealUSERname,

stroh

errl enthusiast
a nugget like that was created with a tamisium extractor, it runs the butane through bud within the machine, and can reclaim 100% of the butane, which will also purge the oil at the same time. these things cost thousands of dollars though, so unless you are making oil for a dispensary or are just filthy rich, i wouldn't expect to ever even lay eyes on one in person.

stroh,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
the only advantage to the tasmisium extractor is that you can reclaim Almost 100% of the butane. in practise you will lose a miniscule amount of butane every run because its impossible to get all of the butane to travel through the system - unless you had a very long time and a way to keep the temps consistent for long enough.

that nugget did not come out of the tasmisium looking like that! it was either vacuumed purged or frozen, after being scaped out of the extractor. there is no way that nugget was formed in the tasmisium!!!!!!

typically you can't always get all of the product out of the bottom of the tasmisium (inventor designed it that way, in order to discourage the mmj community becoming interested, or because of the wacky us laws, or something else who knows really). anyways, if you simply made it so that you could screw the bottom plate off - it would allow you to scape everything out with very minimal loss. as it is now you can get most of it out but you will need to do an iso wash in order to reclaim everything. so next question, is which batch is that nugget from, the first pure scrape, or the second iso washed oil, which was then purged somehow?

i just realized i am probably asking these questions in the wrong place. i think i need to do some googling...

notmyrealUSERname,

StickyShisha2

i've been reading about Tamisium extractors for the past few days.
now i need to convince somebody local to get one. and let me use it ;)

StickyShisha2,
Top Bottom