Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

stroh

errl enthusiast
made some lavender berry oil yesterday! it is super tasty, one of my favorite strains ever. disappointingly i over purged a bit and it turned into a dark brown sugar wax, but the consistency is actually very easy to work with and it is still extremely tasty and potent, i just prefer oil's slower degradation time.

stroh,

captainhits

Retailer
stroh said:
made some lavender berry oil yesterday! it is super tasty, one of my favorite strains ever. disappointingly i over purged a bit and it turned into a dark brown sugar wax, but the consistency is actually very easy to work with and it is still extremely tasty and potent, i just prefer oil's slower degradation time.

Lavender does make extremely fragrant and flavorfull oil. Oil color can sometimes be misleading. Although as a rule the lighter it is the better it is, usually only kind bud (as opposed to trim) will produce very light oil. If you cooked it to a wax consistency you probably maximized its potential (unless the heat was too high). (EDIT)Also unless it's very high quality, the oil will be dark in color.

captainhits,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i actually ended up melting down my product into oil again, i could tell there was still some tane left in it so i heated it up on some parchment paper, and sure enough i watched it froth like crazy. i did this until it no longer reacted to heat and put it back in my dish. it is a mostly translucent golden brown, but very dark in the
center.

edit: spread it out in the dish a little, once you dab it up it turns a much lighter golden amber

img9508g.jpg

stroh,

weedemon

enthusiast
did you put it in the oven to heat it up when it was on parchment paper?

looks tasty though! :)

weedemon,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i actually just placed the parchment paper/oil on my pyrex and set that over my oven burner on the smallest flame possible until it became viscous and started frothing like crazy haha. surprisingly the second run off that bud came out tastier than the first, i really slaughtered the terps by reheating it back to oil, but there were so many damn bubbles i felt that it was more important to make sure the last of the butane was out over preserving the terpenoids. also not as potent as i would have liked, i think i degraded a lot of the THC to CBN as well because that oil, while it got me high, mostly made me feel burnt out :/ will try another run with the last of my lavender berry sometime this week, still got the second run to plow through :D

stroh,

captainhits

Retailer
When you extract killer high grade nuggets, the wax is almost colorless to very little amber color and the flavor is so clean and pure so you can taste any impurities easily if they are present. It's extremely smooth, and you could take a half gram and drop it on a skillet and you wouldnt see a drop of reside left.

58841175.jpg

20110824234141547.jpg

20110824234251569.jpg

20110824234719365.jpg

Here are some important temperatures: At 21C (70F) the most volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending a pungent odor to the air.

At 31C (87F) the less volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending the air even more pungent odors.

At 39C (102F ) vir tually all of the terpenoids undergo evaporation fairly rapidly.

At 50C (122F) THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC.

At 66C (150F) Cannabidiol (CBD) melts and starts to evaporate.

At 185C (365F) Cannibinol (CBN) boils.

At 200C (392F) THC boils. Clear vapor from a vaporizer.

captainhits,

stroh

errl enthusiast
my initial purge was 30 minutes long at a temperature right around 150, but i could definitely taste and feel the left over tane in the wax when vaped. when i reheated the wax/budder, i did not pay attention to the temperature, and i very easily could have exceeded temps of 190, as i did not use anything to measure the heat. all the nuggets i run have given me a yield so far of at least 17%, not sure if that falls into the killer high grade category, but i can definitely taste the difference when there is some solvent left in.

stroh,

captainhits

Retailer
stroh said:
my initial purge was 30 minutes long at a temperature right around 150, but i could definitely taste and feel the left over tane in the wax when vaped. when i reheated the wax/budder, i did not pay attention to the temperature, and i very easily could have exceeded temps of 190, as i did not use anything to measure the heat. all the nuggets i run have given me a yield so far of at least 17%, not sure if that falls into the killer high grade category, but i can definitely taste the difference when there is some solvent left in.

anything above 15% and LIGHT in color to colorless (KEY) in my experience is killer. If it comes out dark it's got a lower THC to plant matter ratio.

weedmon said:
hot damn that ball of wax looks tasty! thanks for the tips and advice cptn!

7 grams Skywalker OG + 7 grams Tangerine OG. Both so sticky I could barely break it up so I could it pack in. ;)

captainhits,

stroh

errl enthusiast
about 5ish grams sounds about right for high grade/killer buds, and cap'n that is some of the best looking wax i have laid eyes upon, those pictures seemed to have evaded me the first time around. also a very nice looking rig, im hoping to pick up a water rig and curve around the holidays

stroh,

weedemon

enthusiast
aero18 said:
What is the price of oil in the NW/West Coast?

I bought a half G of BK budder for 50 bucks once, but I think i overpaid because it was an online order. :D

weedemon,

weedemon

enthusiast
thanks for the pic stroh! I was wondering what that looked like. so no water filtration in that bad boy then? because of the gg fittings you could easily put this on a bong right?

weedemon,

weedemon

enthusiast
yeah i guess so, but you can't set it down. would need some sort of stand to hold it when you are not.

have you done this yet stroh?

weedemon,

stroh

errl enthusiast
indeed i have done it both wet and dry, they are both nice though using water puts on a lot more drag. It is a tad smoother, though dry hitting is more flavorful and like weedemon mentioned, has no risk of spilling. I will probably alternate between the two, as it is a pretty small amount of water, and i'm sure i could make shift a stand pretty easily or lean it carefully haha

stroh,

weedemon

enthusiast
it's funny how noticeably the taste is diminished when you add water filtration into the equation. I mean you can still taste it, but a dry it just has more flavour!

*post 666 btw! :brow:

weedemon,

gvape

Been getting .7g off my most my first runs from 3.5g. Usually get at least another .2-.3 after on my second run. Im guessing since I'm not making much that its the reason I can barely get it to wax up? I feel I have been close, but nothing like I would like it to be. Also, do I have to purge it for it to wax or can I just mix it while the dish is sitting in a pot of warm water. I have tried so many variations of peoples advice on forums, but just cant seem to get it all the way there. Still getting amazing oil though!

gvape,

stroh

errl enthusiast
you should be able to achieve a wax consistency through higher purge temperatures, though i wouldn't exceed 190F. if you go too high, you will decarboxylate the oil and it will be runny and hard to dab.

stroh,

captainhits

Retailer
2011090423213091.jpg

Christopher Walken Kush 20% yield. So sticky even as wax I couldnt roll it into a ball without it attacking my fingers. I will have to post pics of my dry oil pipe one of these days. Its a custom glass piece with an up and down sliding nail built into the bowl.

captainhits,

stroh

errl enthusiast
mmm delicious looking wax capn, i recently made a batch of snowG (snowcap x OG) wax that i am currently dabbing :ko: your dry piece sounds quite interesting, would love to see pics

stroh,
Top Bottom