Space Case

lwien

Ah...........got it. Thanks Spiral, and Bsandhu. Guess I just gotta play with it for a bit. Still considering which size to get though. I don't plan on grinding a bunch at a time. Maybe just a quarter to half a gram, so I thought the small one would be good enough. Sure wish I had both of them so I could get a feel for them.

lwien,

bsandhu

SA's got it right.

and you better beileve the spacecase is amazingly smooth.

its like butter until bud starts getting caught up on the sides and it starts sticking thats when you either iso it or scrape it

bsandhu,

lwien

That's the main reason that I'm getting the titanium. Heard that it's got some anti-stick properties.

Got another question, being that I'm a newb to grinders. Why get one with a kief catcher? After reading a bunch of threads here, it seems that most people just sprinkle a bit of kief into their herb so why separate it in the first place?

lwien,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
Great question! I ended up with a Chromium Crusher grinder and it's producing a small amount of kief. I think for those of us who vaporize, one reason is just the fun factor of consuming your dope in a little different manner. I was thinking about pressing my kief into hash, but then, really, what's the point if it all melts and vaporizes the same anyway?

Phaang,

bsandhu

lwien said:
That's the main reason that I'm getting the titanium. Heard that it's got some anti-stick properties.

Got another question, being that I'm a newb to grinders. Why get one with a kief catcher? After reading a bunch of threads here, it seems that most people just sprinkle a bit of kief into their herb so why separate it in the first place?
instead of the kief staying in the 2 pc grinder

it falls so you can acutally use it

other then it just being there gettting caked up

and btw i have the titanium spacecase 4 pc and it still gets gummed up.

but its alot better because of the anodized coating

bsandhu,

lwien

Yeah, bsandhu, that makes sense.

So the titanium STILL gets gummed up? Damn........Thought that coating would just about eliminate that problem.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Anodizing makes the surface harder. It doesn't make it 'non-stick' like a teflon coating. Might help it a little though. Seems like my MixnBall stays a little cleaner.

max,

bsandhu

well, i just bought my 2nd 4pc titatnium from gratefulbuys

so i guess ill fnid out in 2-3 weeks when it arrives

bsandhu,

lwien

BTW, you can get SpaceCases thru VaporOutlet cheaper with their 10% off coupons than at GratefulBuys. Just an FYI..........They'll also send it out Priority Shipping (2 to 3 days) for free.

lwien,

lwien

Ok, want to give you guys a heads up on my post above.

I ordered my SpaceCase from VaporOutlet on the 25th thru their site, which also indicated that the units were available and in stock. Priority shipping takes 2 to 3 days, which means that at the latest, I should have received mine on the 27th or the 28th. Didn't get it. Waited till the mail arrive today, which is 6 days after I ordered, and still no SpaceCase. Called them up today, and they told me that the units were out of stock, even though their site said that they were IN STOCK 6 days ago, and today, their site STILL says that they are in stock.

In talking with Josh in customer service, he said that in fact, they are out of stock and they are having issues in updating their servers with correct information regarding availability, and that a lot of customers have been complaining about this, but that he would call me tomorrow with an update.

Reason I'm saying all this is that I recommended VaporOutlet to you guys, but apparently, they are having some inventory and communication issues, so...................order with care.

I WANT MY SPACECASE, AND I WANT IT NOW !!!! (sounding like a JJ Wentworth TV ad.........)

lwien,

captainhits

Retailer
I'm the owner of gratefulbuys.com. After picking up a Space Case about 10 years ago I was so impressed with it that I began selling them on ebay and gratefulbuys.com. We've provided Space Case to the likes of Willie Nelson and are endorsed by Ed Rosenthal in his book Marijuana Gold, Trash To Stash. They are pricey but a work of art (see http://gratefulbuys.com/product_info.php?products_id=296&osCsid=80b9a3aeeb6384a0f86159a544c0d8f9 for manufacturing process and details) and should last a lifetime. They are also guaranteed for life by the manufacturer with normal use.

For you all on the forum a coupon code for 10% off is MASTERKUSH. We guarantee the lowest price both online and in stores, and customer satisfaction is our top priority.

Vape on :peace:

captainhits,

lwien

Thank you captainhits. That 10% off is much appreciated, BUT just about every site out there also offers free shipping for orders over 50.00. You charge for shipping. If you didn't add on shipping charges, that 10% off would be a lot more appealing.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
10% off with free shipping would be $75.60-certainly the best price I've seen for this model. But $79.80 also beats the competition from what I've seen, and that's available here, also from gratefulbuys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPACE-CASE-Grin...h=item280288843691&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

That beats the 10% off price at vaporoutlet by $5-6, for the medium 4 pc., and as we've recently found out, vaporoutlet has no stock.

And from personal experience, I can say that captainhits provides excellent customer service. Even if I had to pay a few bucks more, I'd go with gratefulbuys for that assurance.

max,

lwien

Yeah, I've had some major problems with VaporOutlet but I "think" they may be worked out. We'll see.

lwien,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Max - i need your trusted opinion, is the SC worth the extra money over a Chromium Crusher? I've read from a few other people that they noticed flakes of metal in their CCs, does this happen with the space case as well?

stonemonkey55,

lwien

Just an FYI, SM. I have seen reports of metal flaking with EVERY grinder out there except two:

SpaceCase
Cosmic

lwien,

captainhits

Retailer
lwien said:
Just an FYI, SM. I have seen reports of metal flaking with EVERY grinder out there except two:

SpaceCase
Cosmic
That's true. To prevent this Space Case uses a special nylon gasket that will never wear out and is precision machined so there will NEVER be metal on metal contact.

I've gone ahead and made a 15% coupon for this forum which will make the medium 4 pc under $74 including shipping. The coupon is 213KUSH. Enjoy!

captainhits,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
captainhits said:
lwien said:

SpaceCase
Cosmic
That's true. To prevent this Space Case uses a special nylon gasket that will never wear out and is precision machined so there will NEVER be metal on metal contact.

I've gone ahead and made a 15% coupon for this forum which will make the medium 4 pc under $74 including shipping. The coupon is 213KUSH. Enjoy!
Wow amazing service captainhits, if i didnt already own a spacecase i would buy one just to support your business!

Survivalism,

lwien

captainhits said:
lwien said:

SpaceCase
Cosmic

Very nice and a great quick response.

Salute............ !!!!

lwien,

captainhits

Retailer
captainhits,

bsandhu

what about people who already bought it from your ebay listing...?

i got a titanium 4pc medium one...

bsandhu,

captainhits

Retailer
bsandhu said:

We unfortunately cannot make a new coupon for the website retroactive on an ebay purchase, but the difference is only about $5. :2c: :)

captainhits,

max

Out to lunch
lwien said:
I have seen reports of metal flaking with EVERY grinder out there except two
That's a little over the top there lwien. You haven't even heard of every grinder out there. And some who make those kind of claims are likely to have an agenda as well. We don't have much use here for hearsay.

bsandhu said:

Same here. And if you bought from gratefulbuys, like I did, you got a great price. Let's not do business in the threads.

max,

lwien

max said:
lwien said:
I have seen reports of metal flaking with EVERY grinder out there except two
That's a little over the top there lwien. You haven't even heard of every grinder out there. And some who make those kind of claims are likely to have an agenda as well.
Yeah, you're right in that you really don't know who is making these claims, but I have seen those claims on SharpStone, Chromium Crusher, Kannastor, MendoMulcher, MixNBall, and TrueBlendz, but I have not seen one on Cosmics or SpaceCases. I think that these are the most popular brands, no?

Believe me Max, I'm not saying that these metal shaving issues don't happen with Cosmics or SpaceCases. I've just never seen any reports of it happening, and yet I have seen reports of this happening on the other grinders stated above.

All I've stated is what I've read, but in the context of the authors of these reports having a hidden agenda, than yes, my comments may have been a bit over the top.

lwien,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I ended up getting the 2pc Space Case 3.5 incher monster shredder in Titanium. I bought it off of wholesalegoods on eBay which has another web presence called vapeworld.com. Pretty cool people and fast shipping. If you buy off their ebay site, you automatically get USPS priority, if you order off their website, you get free shipping but have to pay more for priority. If anyone is looking to save a little on the S&H, check out the ebay store.

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom