Space Case

max

Out to lunch
PurpleDazed said:
Well I got a space case 4pc aluminum mid sized without the magnet in it. Picked it up many years ago at a LHS and am curious if it might be considered a "Colletors Item" these days?
You don't see the 'no magnet' version much, but it's not obsolete. This site calls it the 'standard' version. They're doing a 20% off sale btw.
http://www.spacecasegrinders.com/standard/

Silver420Surfer said:
Damn screen came away from the sidewall due to too many close scrapings with that stupid guitar pick that comes with it.
I would avoid using that on the screen in the future. I never use anything on the screen but a brush, including a toothbrush when cleaning. Never damaged a screen even on a cheap grinder.

max,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
max said:
PurpleDazed said:
Well I got a space case 4pc aluminum mid sized without the magnet in it. Picked it up many years ago at a LHS and am curious if it might be considered a "Colletors Item" these days?
You don't see the 'no magnet' version much, but it's not obsolete. This site calls it the 'standard' version. They're doing a 20% off sale btw.
http://www.spacecasegrinders.com/standard/

Silver420Surfer said:
Damn screen came away from the sidewall due to too many close scrapings with that stupid guitar pick that comes with it.
I would avoid using that on the screen in the future. I never use anything on the screen but a brush, including a toothbrush when cleaning. Never damaged a screen even on a cheap grinder.

Well, I sent in my 4-pc med SC grinder that was spoke of above, and finally received my replacement. Seems like I received an OLD style one like Purpledazed bought several years ago...NO MAGNET. So disappointed!!! I used $5.95 to send my damaged SC by way of priority mail USPS,and it took 2 days from FL to CA. Sent $8.00 with grinder to cover return shipping which was UPS and took 6 days to get to me. $2 more on shipping gets you 4 extra days in transit??!?!!?! Not a happy camper.
I called the (949)515-9622 and spoke to a guy who told me to send back grinder and put reciepts in for shipping costs and he would reimburse my shipping and send out new grinder when they got the non-magnetic one I received in error. So that means at minimum, if I could get to post office today, I would get my grinder back in another 12 days, 2 to ship to them, 1-2 for them to process and then 6 more to get to me. Which would roughly be the 26th before I get what I should of had today. Not acceptable.
I ended up giving CC info to them and was told he'd "hold it on file", they'll send out the correct magnetized 4-pc SC now, and then I mail back the non-magnetized grinder to avoid any charges. A little more to go thru than I would like for a Lifetime Warranted item.

Silver420Surfer,

PurpleDazed

max said:

Well I was curious if i had a valuble collectors item. But even thou its not a collectible I still make regular use of it. I dont even think i got a scraper with it when I got it new ohh so long ago. :peace:

PurpleDazed,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
biojuggernaut said:
is the titanium space case really titanium?

Taken from a website:
Product Description
This Space Case TITANIUM 2 Piece Grinder brand is the highest quality grinders available.
They are precision machined from high quality aerospace aluminum, with super sharp cutting edges that will not dull.

another says:
Space Case Grinder/sifters are easily the best we have ever seen and they just got even better again with these TITANIUM versions. These brand new creations are made with a titanium alloy which makes them non-stick and keeps the teeth almost razor sharp to desecrate even the toughest, moistest herbs.

The alloy also gives this Titanium Space Case a unique colouration, probably most akin to Gunmetal,

Another claims:Both interior and exterior are CNC machined, made from titanium, anodized for a smooth finish and etched along the sides for easy grip.

Now they make a 'black" space case grinder with a deeper black color which says nothing in name or description about titanium.
From Vapeworld:
While a Titanium look was present about 6 months ago - Space Case have now changed it to Black only. The Black anodizing process increases cost of the grinder/sifter only by a little.

I noticed no major cost diff($4 more for large Ti than regular) for regular or Titanium, which leads me to believe it wasn't cut from a chunk of titanium but some kind of coating applied.

Kinda feeling like trying a mendo mulcher or mixnball, max has me interested from an earlier post in the mixnball. Anybody have/ use MM or MnB, would love to hear about your experiences. Especially if you had to use warrant and how they handled it.

Silver420Surfer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Re: the Mendo Mulcher

I have 2 large MMs. Love 'em but have never had any warranty issues, so I can't really speak to that. I've heard that their lifetime warranty is legit, and since I bought directly from the dude that makes them, I wouldn't anticipate any warranty woes.

They are fuckin' tanks and will probably outlive me. They give me the perfect grind for most of my vapes, but if I need a grind for my LB, I go old school scisser and shotglass. The MM doesn't have diamond-shaped teeth so I won't grind "really" fine, but the 88 teeth chop up your stash in 2 seconds flat.
:2c:

Stu,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Stu said:
Re: the Mendo Mulcher

I have 2 large MMs. Love 'em but have never had any warranty issues, so I can't really speak to that. I've heard that their lifetime warranty is legit, and since I bought directly from the dude that makes them, I wouldn't anticipate any warranty woes.

They are fuckin' tanks and will probably outlive me. They give me the perfect grind for most of my vapes, but if I need a grind for my LB, I go old school scisser and shotglass. The MM doesn't have diamond-shaped teeth so I won't grind "really" fine, but the 88 teeth chop up your stash in 2 seconds flat.
:2c:

Thanks for your response. I think I am gonna put a Mendo Mulcher on my Christmas list.

Silver420Surfer,

Sour Deez

I got my space case grinder sometime around 4/20, it is the black kind. I have done multiple qwiso washes and everything was fine. So i dont know if there is a coating but the iso doesnt remove anything, and i know i have heard of cheaper grinders getting their coating washed away with iso.

Sour Deez,
Just got my 2 piece, large aluminum Spacecase from the awesome contest Gratefulbuys.com runs ever months.

Wow. This thing blows away every grinder I've ever used in build quality. The teeth are just ridiculously sharp, it's huge, and it gets the job done nicely. I was really pleasantly surprised to see that the huge grinder still puts out an awesomely fine grind. I think I'll be using this alot as I tend to grind at least two days worth of servings at a time. When I hold it in my hand the 36~ dollar asking price on Gratefulbuys actually seems very, very inexpensive. This thing is a serious piece of kit, and if the anodized coating is as high quality as the construction itself, then this Spacecase will probably outlast me.

charliedontsurf,

headdoctor

A quick question: the grinders and stash cases are called "air tight." Does that really mean that contents emit no detectable odor? I'd like something for traveling that is discreet to sensitive noses.
Thanks.

headdoctor,

max

Out to lunch
Grinders aren't air tight. The containers have o-rings, so yes for those. Try Smelly Proof bags. They work well. Bag a container or double bag if it's high odor weed.

max,

Lip465

woooo
I got my space case from puffitup, I like it but use it only when I have like a 1/4 of herb.

Lip465,

Ennui Cookout

Hey, any protips on getting a 4 piece SpaceCase grinder open? I managed to really wedge it shut during a grind and while I can pull the top grinder piece off and the catch tray off (which comes off, anyway when I attempt to open it), I cannot get the middle section open. So far I've tried soaking it under hot water but no dice.

Ennui Cookout,

Kommyknocker

Put it in the freezer? I'm thinking you've sorted it by now lol
Space case grinders work an absolute dream.
Ti 4 piece.

Kommyknocker,

ilikesnacks

i've got a 4piece medium sized space case and it was worth every penny i paid for it, mega sharp teeth & it still grinds smoothly after months of daily use. i like the idea of using a brush on the screened part too, i think i'll check that out.

ilikesnacks,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Big fan, I have most of the SC models!
The only one I do not have is the 2 piece Large.
I always have preferred 2 piece grinders.
2 piece large Space Case... next on the list!

Vitolo,
Top Bottom