Space Case

captainhits

Retailer
stonemonkey55 said:
I ended up getting the 2pc Space Case 3.5 incher monster shredder in Titanium. I bought it off of wholesalegoods on eBay which has another web presence called vapeworld.com. Pretty cool people and fast shipping. If you buy off their ebay site, you automatically get USPS priority, if you order off their website, you get free shipping but have to pay more for priority. If anyone is looking to save a little on the S&H, check out the ebay store.
...We haven't put the 2 pc in titanium up because the demand for the 2 pc is almost nonexistant. However, that item purchased at gratefulbuys.com using the 15% coupon would have been $35 including shipping which is a full $7 less. Gratefulbuys offers free shipping on ebay and on the website it's very minimal, like $2-$3.

captainhits,

max

Out to lunch
All I can tell you is that I've bought and used an assortment of grinders, from the high priced SC and Mendo, to several cheap generics. One small 4 pc. was only about $5 including shipping. So far not a single one has lost any metal during the grinding process. I've used several MixnBalls without any compromise to the anodized surface. It's pretty much scratch proof. One cheap generic has held up to me scraping the teeth with a piece of wood. I just hate to see this site to go the route with grinders that others have with vapes, where the Volcano is labeled as the only vape worth buying. I'll have no problem reporting a problem with any grinder I use (and I will continue using the cheap to mid-priced models), but I don't think it's fair to brand all the affordable models as bad just on hearsay. I'd be willing to bet that some of the bent or broken teeth are due to trying to grind stems that are too big for a grinder to deal with, and if it's not 100% CNC made, the teeth probably aren't as strong.

max,

captainhits

Retailer
I would agree not to pigeonhole the cheap ones as all bad. There's a grinder and a vaporizer for everyone. Just like cars, some people are fine with a kia, some people want a bentley or a mercedes. Besides, in all honesty a few metal flakes are probably not going to cause any health concerns. :peace:

captainhits,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
captainhits - even though demand is non existent for that product, it would still be a good idea to put it on the website for guys like me! I would have no problem giving you my business had I known you carried it, you live and you learn :/

stonemonkey55,

captainhits

Retailer
stonemonkey55 said:
captainhits - even though demand is non existent for that product, it would still be a good idea to put it on the website for guys like me! I would have no problem giving you my business had I known you carried it, you live and you learn :/
true!

captainhits,

lwien

max said:
I just hate to see this site to go the route with grinders that others have with vapes, where the Volcano is labeled as the only vape worth buying.
Yeah, I'd hate to see that happen too, but it sure seems that the level of "smarts" is a bunch higher here than just about any other cannabis site that I have ever visited. I mean it doesn't take much of a stretch to understand that for someone that wants a personal vape or a portable vape, or a stealth vape, that the Volcano would not be for them, or if they wanted a "party" vape, the PD would not be for them, but it seems that the Volcano fanboys believe that the 'Cano is the BEST for everyone, regardless of how one plans on using it.

i just don't see that ever happening here, but I think that grinders may be a different animal. What I reported about regarding metal flaking is what I have read. That is in no way to indicate that it is a widespread problem. As a matter of fact, if I were to venture a guess, I would say that it only happens to a VERY small percentage of users of those grinders. But I've NEVER seen those reports on SpaceCase OR Cosmic.

So one has to ask themselves, or at least I did when I was in the market for a grinder, "Is it worth the extra bucks for me to get a SpaceCase or Cosmic to not experience a very small chance of getting metal flakes in my bud, as well as getting a very precision made product. For me, the answer was yes..........For others, the answer may very well be no, but I "think" that my communication about this was warranted for some, and I also believe that the level of intellect here would NOT cause the same dogma that is experienced on other sites regarding various products such as the 'Cano.

But as always, it's just my :2c:, whatever that's worth:)

lwien,

captainhits

Retailer
lwien said:
...I also believe that the level of intellect here would NOT cause the same dogma that is experienced on other sites regarding various products such as the 'Cano.

But as always, it's just my :2c:, whatever that's worth:)
I think you're right, vaping does take a higher intellect. It's a much more precise method. Main thing is not to let your karma run over your dogma. :D

captainhits,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Captain - i respond to all the emails for vriptech - not sure if I saw your inquiry but I noticed your signature saying you were waiting for your VHW. Wanted to make sure you got your confirmation, tracking, etc etc

back on topic - the way i look at it, if you amortize the cost of the shredder over the amount of time that you will actually use it, you could justify getting one of the name brands like Space case - that was my rationale at least. I good analogy is toilet paper, why buy the cheap stuff when the primo stuff is just slightly more, your ass will thank you for it.

stonemonkey55,

songa

for my personal experiences, i can only talk for the aluminum and titanium space case, mix n ball double screen, sharpstone, and a cheap, $15 no name aluminum i got at venice beach a wihle back. back when i didnt think much about grinders, i got the $15 no name. i didnt treat it that bad, or put big stems in it, but the teeth touched i think and after abut a week or so, a few of the teeth broke off. my next grinder was the sharpstone. worked great for a whlie, but after a couple weeks, i started getting fairly large metal shavings in the bud. this was copmletely unacceptable. it was then when i spent the money for the aluminum space case. ive never had a problem with that. time has passsed, and so have grinders, and the MNB has also proven to be very high quality, altho not my style. so with my experiences, space case is th eonly way to go for me. but in terms of quality, the MNB is right up there too. the sharpstone and other cheaper brands work great too, and they'll probably be sufficient for most. but with my experiences, these still tend to have more problems than a space case. so i still believe u get wat u pay for.

songa,

lwien

Hey, gotta question. When you guys received your SpaceCases, did it come packed just in bubble-wrap inside the shipping box or did it come in any kind of box of it's own?

lwien,

captainhits

Retailer
They come in the bubble wrap bag and the shipping box only. No special SC box.

captainhits,

captainhits

Retailer
bsandhu said:
and btw i have the titanium spacecase 4 pc and it still gets gummed up.

but its alot better because of the anodized coating
I've never experienced 'gumming up' and I use the polished aluminum not the titanium. 10 years of daily sometimes hourly grinding with the stickiest kush money can buy. There is residue but nothing that builds up or should cause sticking.

captainhits,

lwien

The_Algebraist said:
What do you guys do with the triangular pick that comes with the SC?
Put it in the same accessory glass that I store my PD stems, stirrer, small brush, screens, lighter, etc etc etc.

I haven't done anything with it yet. Not enough keif collected.

lwien,

The_Algebraist

Haha, oh yeah, the kief. :lol:

lwien said:
Put it in the same accessory glass that I store my PD stems, stirrer, small brush, screens, lighter, etc etc etc.

I haven't done anything with it yet. Not enough keif collected.

The_Algebraist,

LordKaz420

The_Algebraist said:
What do you guys do with the triangular pick that comes with the SC?
I used to gently clean the screen with it, until it broke on me. Replaced it with the thickest guitar pick I could find, and that worked well for a while. Then I discovered that using a soft bristled tooth-brush for cleaning the screen is by far the best way to go. A quick dry scrubbing every now and then, and you'll be able to see through the screen just like the first day you got it.

The pick should be used to "gather" the kief when you've collected enough, just as lwien suggested.

LordKaz420,

The_Algebraist

Nice. Thanks man. I have a long way to go before I have enough kief in the SC to play with.

LordKaz420 said:
The pick should be used to "gather" the kief when you've collected enough, just as lwien suggested.

The_Algebraist,

lwien

Ya know what else is a great little tool to clean the screen and clean up pieces of scattered bud in your grinder? The little brush that comes with electric razors/trimmers. It works really good and nothing sticks to the bristles and it's small enough to get into those tight spaces, like between the teeth or the threads and such.

lwien,

The_Algebraist

oh man, my kitten just knocked my new space case onto the floor and knocked it around a little bit. now the top of my sc is all scratched up. darn.

The_Algebraist,

captainhits

Retailer
SpiralArchitect said:
The more grinding action that takes place before the herbs actually fall thru, the finer the grind.

With my Mendo, the action is so smooth I can grind it ultra fast, fast enough that barely anything falls thru, so after a good 30 seconds of fast twisting I slow down and everything falls through. :)
The hole size also has alot to do with the particle size it will grind to. The medium SC has 6mm holes, the small has 5mm holes and the 4 Pc Scout has 3mm holes, producing the finest grind.

captainhits,

Bananiq

I ordered 2pc Space Case Ti Medium from gratefulbuys ... cant wait to try it :)

Bananiq,
Top Bottom