So how long do you keep your vapor in?

How long do you hold in your vapor?

• Total voters

Ricardooayee

On my DART I only hold the hits in for 5-7 seconds then i exhale a bit and inhale again. I repeat the process until no smoke is shown

Ricardooayee,
Reactions: hoptimum

weedemon

enthusiast
I have never found out if blown out vapor is wasted vapor. I tend to hold mine in for 10 seconds, exhale slightly, then inhale and repeat until i see no visible vapor.

Maybe I will try recycling a hit with a friend and a baloon and see if that works

It totally does work, I used to do this with one of my ex's. it meant she "smoked" for free almost the whole time we were together lol ;)

as to your question, I say just do what is feels right. if you hold too long and it causes discomfort then what's the good in that? the longer you hold, the more you will absorb though (imo) and the partial exhale and re-inhaling will increase your absorption.

weedemon,

KimDracula

In my experience I don't find much difference between holding it in for about three to five seconds or holding it in for as long as you can. Surely there is a threshold where you've absorbed all you're gonna (and this seems to happen nearly instantly) and you're just holding you're breath. I do like to draw the vapor all the way into my lungs, hold for three seconds, then exhale slowly.

TOWELIE 420

I agree... Especially with those giant hits when you are inhaling tons of vapor deep into your lungs... When you hold those in you don't have enough breath to blow out all the vape from your lungs and then u go into a coughing fit aha. Thats when it gets unnecessary in my opinion. U are already inhaling so much as you Keep milking the thing up

TOWELIE 420,

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
5 seconds on average. Longer with better strains. Vaped, I hold in longer, but I still burn joints and don't hold them in as long. Now that I quit analog cigs, my lungs feel much improved.

Olympus Mons,
Reactions: Enchantre

lwien

87hc.jpg

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I voted for as long as I can. But that is about 5-10, I try to inhale at a steady rate of 20+ seconds then hold :shrug:

1_gr8_underdog,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

martingale

I try and keep the smell out of the house. When i vape (vape exhale cloud), i run downstairs and exhale it out the sliding glass door; all the while, looking to see if the neighbors are watching. Then i grab something to drink, and maybe i go back upstairs for another cycle.

After three cycles, i typically lose focus on what i was doing.

martingale,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
VaporEyes style:

10 - 20 second inhale(dependent upon the vape)
10 second retention of the vapor
Exhale

VaporEyes,

TOWELIE 420

I try and keep the smell out of the house. When i vape (vape exhale cloud), i run downstairs and exhale it out the sliding glass door; all the while, looking to see if the neighbors are watching. Then i grab something to drink, and maybe i go back upstairs for another cycle.

After three cycles, i typically lose focus on what i was doing.
Sounds very unnecessary lmaooo. Vapor doesnt really have a smell. The bud u are busting is going to stink up the room way more than some light, Wispy vapor. Unless of course you are using high temps and combusting.

TOWELIE 420,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Sounds very unnecessary lmaooo. Vapor doesnt really have a smell. The bud u are busting is going to stink up the room way more than some light, Wispy vapor. Unless of course you are using high temps and combusting.

It may be a legitimate concern. I've found the Cloud to be more odorous than other vaporizers. Mostly because it extracts more actives at one time than other vaporizers can. Smaller hits, with greater time between them, should help mitigate the issue.

VaporEyes,

TOWELIE 420

It may be a legitimate concern. I've found the Cloud to be more odorous than other vaporizers. Mostly because it extracts more actives at one time than other vaporizers can.
I don't own one and have never used one so I cant say for sure but all Im saying is it sounds unnecessary in my opinion

TOWELIE 420,
Reactions: VaporEyes

TOWELIE 420

Perhaps, but sometimes it's best to err on the side of caution when it comes to these things. Don't want any unexpected knocks on the door. :uhoh:
I feel you man, I do my best not to sketch about things, you are just putting energy into making it a possibility

TOWELIE 420,
Reactions: VaporEyes

martingale

I set the dial at the 3:00 position because i truly do not want to spend much time regrinding and revaping. The Mrs. can tell if i have been vaping just by walking in the door if i do not blow it outside or slowly into the kitchen fan.

To be honest, is there a clear advantage of vaping at lower temps that do not show clouds?

martingale,

TOWELIE 420

I set the dial at the 3:00 position because i truly do not want to spend much time regrinding and revaping. The Mrs. can tell if i have been vaping just by walking in the door if i do not blow it outside or slowly into the kitchen fan.

To be honest, is there a clear advantage of vaping at lower temps that do not show clouds?
Id say the advantage is more of a head high, while being able to taste the terpenes better since the vapors not agitating your throat as much and you are releasing more terps per cbds then if u were to start higher. Also you may get an extra hit or two from starting lower and working your way up

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Perhaps, but sometimes it's best to err on the side of caution when it comes to these things. Don't want any unexpected knocks on the door. :uhoh:

Words of wisdom, a little caution goes a long way to prevent paranoia. of course, now I'm so old and smoke and vape legally, and live in Oakland, basically one big smoke shop ... still ...

Here's a few tips for the kids: Be conscious of airflow in a room. There is usually a place where air comes in and most air goes out, and you want to be as close to the source of where most air is going out IF that air is going outside the house or building, like a roof, and not out to a hallway.

I used to blow my smoke from my bedroom into an attic trap door when I was in high school, no one ever smelled a thing, and this was way back with some very stinky skunky Mexican!

If the airflow is too much of a problem, try exhaling into a large garbage bag in your closet or something. You can puff a whole mess of breath into even a small kitchen bag. The vapor will condense and cling to the inside of the bag. Then squeeze it outside a window, or just leave it. Helps a lot.

11eleven11

I keep hearing this stuff about how after 5 seconds your lungs have already absorbed everything they can absorb. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I am pretty damn sure that if you blow out your hit after 5 seconds, there is still THC & etc. present that can get you more high. To test this all you have to do is exhale it into a bag, then have someone else inhale it. When they report feeling the effects from the hit, you know that there is still stuff in there.

The question is, after 5 seconds, can your lungs still absorb more of it, or does it need to be exhaled then later inhaled? I know that when my friends and I "scuba" (repeatedly inhale/exhale inside of a bag of vapor) we feel much higher.

TOWELIE 420

I keep hearing this stuff about how after 5 seconds your lungs have already absorbed everything they can absorb. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I am pretty damn sure that if you blow out your hit after 5 seconds, there is still THC & etc. present that can get you more high. To test this all you have to do is exhale it into a bag, then have someone else inhale it. When they report feeling the effects from the hit, you know that there is still stuff in there.

The question is, after 5 seconds, can your lungs still absorb more of it, or does it need to be exhaled then later inhaled? I know that when my friends and I "scuba" (repeatedly inhale/exhale inside of a bag of vapor) we feel much higher.
I've never tried this. Curious on the effect and taste/ smoothness

TOWELIE 420,

11eleven11

I've never tried this. Curious on the effect and taste/ smoothness

It's pretty fun and extremely vapor efficient. Whenever I get a chance to do a bag vape I always scuba. :D

There's technique to it -- every once and a while you need some fresh air so you have to exit your scuba tank. Be sure not to blow that fresh air into the bag upon re-entry.

11eleven11,

martingale

Id say the advantage is more of a head high, while being able to taste the terpenes better since the vapors not agitating your throat as much and you are releasing more terps per cbds then if u were to start higher. Also you may get an extra hit or two from starting lower and working your way up

Will be experimenting with this method over the weekend!

Top Bottom