So how long do you keep your vapor in?

How long do you hold in your vapor?

• Total voters

martingale

I have a crazy friend. He uses a volcano, and keeps the heat @ 446° F. On top of that, he holds his hits in until he coughs violently; says that it gets him the most blazed.

Personally, i think that is a waste of good dank.

martingale,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I keep hearing this stuff about how after 5 seconds your lungs have already absorbed everything they can absorb. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I am pretty damn sure that if you blow out your hit after 5 seconds, there is still THC & etc. present that can get you more high. To test this all you have to do is exhale it into a bag, then have someone else inhale it. When they report feeling the effects from the hit, you know that there is still stuff in there.

The question is, after 5 seconds, can your lungs still absorb more of it, or does it need to be exhaled then later inhaled? I know that when my friends and I "scuba" (repeatedly inhale/exhale inside of a bag of vapor) we feel much higher.

After 5 seconds most of the oxigen has been absorbed along with the THC but if the hit is big enough there is definitly thc and other cannabinoids left in your lungs to be absorbed still. (The 5seconds are based on a study made, not just a random number someone came up with.)
What you can do, and what i do is, i exhale for a bit until a see some vapour again, and at that point i inhale "new" air full of oxigen to absorb the remainder of THC. Usually by the second time i exhale there is no visible vapor.

TOWELIE 420

After 5 seconds most of the oxigen has been absorbed along with the THC but if the hit is big enough there is definitly thc and other cannabinoids left in your lungs to be absorbed still. (The 5seconds are based on a study made, not just a random number someone came up with.)
What you can do, and what i do is, i exhale for a bit until a see some vapour again, and at that point i inhale "new" air full of oxigen to absorb the remainder of THC. Usually by the second time i exhale there is no visible vapor.
I do the same thing as well a lot of the time. Don't know for sure but I think it makes a little difference.

TOWELIE 420,
Reactions: vorrange

mscm888

Me too. Big rip then exhale a little 5 or 10 seconds then deep inhale and hold for 10 or so more seconds. Not much vapor comes out in the end and that is with big Cloud rips.

mscm888,
Reactions: vorrange

TOWELIE 420

Seems this SCUBA or re-breathing technique might increase the amount of C02 in the body and decrease oxygen. Combine that with getting really, really high and ... well, so ...

Fer Chrissakes DON'T ANYBODY PASS OUT WITH A PLASTIC BAG OVER YOUR HEAD!
Rofl. :p
I second that and props for the hilarious post buddy

11eleven11

Seems this SCUBA or re-breathing technique might increase the amount of C02 in the body and decrease oxygen. Combine that with getting really, really high and ... well, so ...

Fer Chrissakes DON'T ANYBODY PASS OUT WITH A PLASTIC BAG OVER YOUR HEAD!

Okay so basically the scuba isn't dumbass proof so dumbasses please don't participate! :buzz:

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Who ... I wasn't saying anything or anyone is dumbass, I was just joking around! No worries, mate!

And when I say, "Hate to lose a forum member that way, terrible way to go. And bad publicity for the rest of us." -- that too is my morbid sense of humor. Sorry if I offended, not my intent at all.

Olympus Mons,
Reactions: Enchantre

ou812?

Im an old man,and all my life we were always taking the largest hit you could and hold it in.Your lungs would buck but you would hold it in and eventually let it out cough your ass off and drift into kingdom of baked!. we used to think that was the best bang for the buck....Well the same is still holding true, I rip my little Solo thru a nice water piece and milk it up good and pull the stem and bam down it goes and I hold that bad boy in for at least 30 -40 seconds,when I exhale a small ghost of vapor emits and you can actually feel the rush of the THC due to it being pure and in a large quantity in your lungs(which is an instant method of getting it into the brain and blood stream,as quick as IV,maybe even quicker since 02 is processed immediately)
My girl says to just sip it easy take small rips and hold em in,no lung busters or any of that sort,yeah right!...... Old habits are hard to break, and I notice it stretches the stash when holding it in longer,YMMV:peace:

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Im an old man,and all my life we were always taking the largest hit you could and hold it in.Your lungs would buck but you would hold it in and eventually let it out cough your ass off and drift into kingdom of baked!. we used to think that was the best bang for the buck....Well the same is still holding true, I rip my little Solo thru a nice water piece and milk it up good and pull the stem and bam down it goes and I hold that bad boy in for at least 30 -40 seconds,when I exhale a small ghost of vapor emits and you can actually feel the rush of the THC due to it being pure and in a large quantity in your lungs(which is an instant method of getting it into the brain and blood stream,as quick as IV,maybe even quicker since 02 is processed immediately)
My girl says to just sip it easy take small rips and hold em in,no lung busters or any of that sort,yeah right!...... Old habits are hard to break, and I notice it stretches the stash when holding it in longer,YMMV:peace:

That was an excellent anatomy of a healthy hit.

There are also a few lung-punishing strains out there I try to avoid, just can't hack 'em, just hack 'em up. Some kids think that because it makes them cough, it must be more potent, so they start tripping on the placebo effect. Whatever the components are that rip apart my lungs like incubating aliens, I can do without.

TOWELIE 420

There are also a few lung-punishing strains out there I try to avoid, just can't hack 'em, just hack 'em up. Some kids think that because it makes them cough, it must be more potent, so they start tripping on the placebo effect. Whatever the components are that rip apart my lungs like incubating aliens, I can do without.
Amen lol. I know what you mean. Some stains can be a lot more lung expanding too and this can choke u up as well!

ou812?

You bro's are so lucky ,your in states I would guess where its legal.Im in FL,and we are best to have to believe what ever they tell us, some here in grow house areas produce some decent material, but we have no way of knowing if its infected with mold, or the % of medicine ,the true strain,etc. we who partake in this part of Fl have no TRUE knowledge,just hearsay! I love hearing how you guys know all the names of whats on the block for the time,% of T,and the prices,I'm green w/envy:nod:

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
You bro's are so lucky ,your in states I would guess where its legal.Im in FL,and we are best to have to believe what ever they tell us, some here in grow house areas produce some decent material, but we have no way of knowing if its infected with mold, or the % of medicine ,the true strain,etc. we who partake in this part of Fl have no TRUE knowledge,just hearsay! I love hearing how you guys know all the names of whats on the block for the time,% of T,and the prices,I'm green w/envy:nod:

So true. I consider myself lucky indeed, and wish only the best for others in their quest for the best buds. And yes again: moldy, poorly cured bud is murder on the lungs.

Believe me, I do know how good I have it. I'm 51, and for almost 35 years, I lived and smoked and vaped and grew pot illegally, a criminal in eyes of my state, New York - a great state that has now lost two valuable, law-abiding, tax-paying citizens, my wife and I, largely because the asshole NYS Legislature will not legalize cannabis, not even medicinally. We decided to move to greener pastures. That is what people in New York have to deal with, to this day, and it sucks balls and it's why I support re-legalization.

TOWELIE 420

So true. I consider myself lucky indeed, and wish only the best for others in their quest for the best buds. And yes again: moldy, poorly cured bud is murder on the lungs.

Believe me, I do know how good I have it. I'm 51, and for almost 35 years, I lived and smoked and vaped and grew pot illegally, a criminal in eyes of my state, New York - a great state that has now lost two valuable, law-abiding, tax-paying citizens, my wife and I, largely because the asshole NYS Legislature will not legalize cannabis, not even medicinally. We decided to move to greener pastures. That is what people in New York have to deal with, to this day, and it sucks balls and it's why I support re-legalization.
Well said man! I am jealous of everyone as well who have access to dispensaries. Id be like a little kid in a candy shop... Can you say shop until you drop? And this wouldnt be from exhaustion lmfaooo. Oh noo. Id be greened the fugg out ahaha

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Well said man! I am jealous of everyone as well who have access to dispensaries. Id be like a little kid in a candy shop... Can you say shop until you drop? And this wouldnt be from exhaustion lmfaooo. Oh noo. Id be greened the fugg out ahaha

I was just like that, my friend Towelie, I swear man, I nearly passed out, so much blood was going to the smile on my face!

TOWELIE 420

I was just like that, my friend Towelie, I swear man, I nearly passed out, so much blood was going to the smile on my face!
Ahahhaa hilarious man! I've been working on getting my medical marijuana card for awhile now. I have been diagnosed with IBS and have heard you can get the card for this but there are so many loopholes you have to jump through, and they are in the process of changing the card laws for the worse. All i have to say is, fuck harper and the political pressure from the US.
If it hadnt been for the states we would have had weed legalized a while ago in canada. Now years later who would have thought that two states would legalize it before here! Im beyond words for the way our political system works... And harpers out to make weed as bad as hard drugs. Craaaazy

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Hey there Towel Man,

I was born and lived in Buffalo, NY, for many years. Big fan of Canada, my mom lived in Ontario a while, and wife and I visited Toronto often. Always good to meet a Canadian! Most fun to party with! So...

First honey oil I ever had came from Canada! Thanks, my friends in the Great White North! Love Rush!

Not sure what the medicinal aspect is like in Canada, but the way it works here is, you go to a "pot doctor" (they are everywhere, Google is your friend), and you say, "Hey Doc, I'm a responsible adult who has a hard time in many, many ways without a legal, safe, well-vetted way to get access to cannabis, so can we just cut the bullshit and I give you some cash and you give me a 'script?" Just saying, that's what I said when I saw my Doc, I was like, "I'm 50 fucking years old, just gimme a break, I don't wanna waste either of our time," and the cute young chick doctor laughed and wrote me out my papaerwork.

Here's wishing it goes that swimmingly for you!

Peace!

Mons

TOWELIE 420

Hey there Towel Man,

I was born and lived in Buffalo, NY, for many years. Big fan of Canada, my mom lived in Ontario a while, and wife and I visited Toronto often. Always good to meet a Canadian! Most fun to party with! So...

First honey oil I ever had came from Canada! Thanks, my friends in the Great White North! Love Rush!

Not sure what the medicinal aspect is like in Canada, but the way it works here is, you go to a "pot doctor" (they are everywhere, Google is your friend), and you say, "Hey Doc, I'm a responsible adult who has a hard time in many, many ways without a legal, safe, well-vetted way to get access to cannabis, so can we just cut the bullshit and I give you some cash and you give me a 'script?" Just saying, that's what I said when I saw my Doc, I was like, "I'm 50 fucking years old, just gimme a break, I don't wanna waste either of our time," and the cute young chick doctor laughed and wrote me out my papaerwork.

Here's wishing it goes that swimmingly for you!

Peace!

Mons
Unfortunately, it is much, MUCH more difficult for us to get our cards here, unless we have a life threatening disease like AIDS. Even then patients still need to go through a lot of paperwork and likely will get there forms rejected the first time, depending on how serious it is. For the rest of us, its almost like winning the lottery I've heard. Apply multiple times, wait months just to hear if you've been accepted, and then do the whole process over. They are changing the laws so that you wont be able to grow your own bud if you want to and will be forced to buy from a government run dispensary. Our doctors here will not sign med forms for fear of being punished by their insurance, and most don't even cover cannabis. They will treat you like scum and laugh... I've already dealt with one doctor who had his head so far up his ass Im sure he smelt shit 24 7. Anyways, long winded message coming to an end, much more difficult to obtain a med card here, which is ridiculous considering how easy it is to get in cali or colorado. Also, glad to hear you like Canada! We are a great country with awesome people for the most part :) and do we ever like to enjoy ourselves! Peace and pot... Extremely jealous of anyone who has tried honey oil or any high grade hash/ concentrate. Especially solvent-less.

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Unfortunately, it is much, MUCH more difficult for us to get our cards here, unless we have a life threatening disease like AIDS. Even then patients still need to go through a lot of paperwork and likely will get there forms rejected the first time, depending on how serious it is. For the rest of us, its almost like winning the lottery I've heard. Apply multiple times, wait months just to hear if you've been accepted, and then do the whole process over. They are changing the laws so that you wont be able to grow your own bud if you want to and will be forced to buy from a government run dispensary. Our doctors here will not sign med forms for fear of being punished by their insurance, and most don't even cover cannabis. They will treat you like scum and laugh... I've already dealt with one doctor who had his head so far up his ass Im sure he smelt shit 24 7. Anyways, long winded message coming to an end, much more difficult to obtain a med card here, which is ridiculous considering how easy it is to get in cali or colorado. Also, glad to hear you like Canada! We are a great country with awesome people for the most part :) and do we ever like to enjoy ourselves! Peace and pot... Extremely jealous of anyone who has tried honey oil or any high grade hash/ concentrate. Especially solvent-less.

I'm very sorry to hear all this but have learned a lot from your post. I thought everywhere in Canada was like Montreal ... isn't it decrim'ed there??? Jesus, I had no idea it was still that bad. Sounds like the majority of the pressure is coming from the Federal level, like here in the States.

To combat this, a country really needs a LOUD national coordinated effort from as many quarters as possible, the Medicinal Quarter, the Libertarian Quarter, Law Enforcement (they will jump on the bandwagon once public opinion sways), it's an effort but a worthwhile one.

Sorry to hear Canada has gotten so conservative in its pot laws. You guys will come around again, you were always ahead of the U.S. I am ashamed to say, and will be again some day soon, I have faith.

TOWELIE 420

I'm very sorry to hear all this but have learned a lot from your post. I thought everywhere in Canada was like Montreal ... isn't it decrim'ed there??? Jesus, I had no idea it was still that bad. Sounds like the majority of the pressure is coming from the Federal level, like here in the States.

To combat this, a country really needs a LOUD national coordinated effort from as many quarters as possible, the Medicinal Quarter, the Libertarian Quarter, Law Enforcement (they will jump on the bandwagon once public opinion sways), it's an effort but a worthwhile one.

Sorry to hear Canada has gotten so conservative in its pot laws. You guys will come around again, you were always ahead of the U.S. I am ashamed to say, and will be again some day soon, I have faith.
Thanks for keeping the faith alive brotha! I know we will bounce back too once we shake up this government a little and throw out this puppet of a prime minister... I believe weed was actually decriminalized for a little, not sure but now its not. Globally, we will all win this fight for humanity. We must free the herb. Oh, just a little cool fact, back in 2005 or something the courts didnt decide on weed laws and it was perfectly legal for the duration of the summer to have possession of cannabis. That didnt last long however, and I was not even blazing at the time! Whenever I think of how corrupt out political systems are it makes me shake my head... I thought we lived under a democracy lol. More of a dictatorship! :o

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
... Whenever I think of how corrupt out political systems are it makes me shake my head... I thought we lived under a democracy lol. More of a dictatorship! :o

Absolutely, a capitalistic dictatorship where the big corporations buy whatever laws they want, like the pharmaceutical industry does to keep pot illegal. So ... to bring this thread around full circle ...

I hold my hits in just long enough to make all this world-weary bullshit go down a little easier.:spliff:

TOWELIE 420

Absolutely, a capitalistic dictatorship where the big corporations buy whatever laws they want, like the pharmaceutical industry does to keep pot illegal. So ... to bring this thread around full circle ...

I hold my hits in just long enough to make all this world-weary bullshit go down a little easier.:spliff:
Good way to recover the derailed forum. I do the same as long as its nice and tasty, smooth vapor. If my throats agitated from a big sesh, simply hold in for a couple seconds. Cheers all. Enjoy the ganja

Top Bottom