YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Hows my favorite vapes thread been silent for a few days? Well i will see if we can push a new topic in, i picked me up a new ssv branded mouthpiece yesterday and wanted to show it off. I figured it could go here ok as its ssv branded. During my purchase of the surfer, i noticed the mouth piece was the only part i didnt get to choose, only the clear was offered. So i had been looking for a custom piece. I picked up a helix style blue piece

Check it out...

1zy8sya.jpg

Lets see some of your ssv mouthpieces...

YoGranMazPimp,

ace34

I need help desperately and I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. I have owned my SSV for 4 years now. I love it. The other day I decided though that I'd like the ground glass heater cover and wand to make it hands free. I got one from my local smoke shop. I didn't like the fit, returned it, and ordered the correct version from 7th floor. Now I went to put my original heater cover back on, and now it hardly works. The heating element gets hot, and the cover fits snugly, but for some reason, there is hardly any vapor being produced anymore. It feels like there is too much air getting in, but I can't figure out from where. Please help. I feel like I lost my best friend with this not working. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

ace34,

Qbit

cannabanana
ace34 said:
I need help desperately and I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. I have owned my SSV for 4 years now. I love it. The other day I decided though that I'd like the ground glass heater cover and wand to make it hands free. I got one from my local smoke shop. I didn't like the fit, returned it, and ordered the correct version from 7th floor. Now I went to put my original heater cover back on, and now it hardly works. The heating element gets hot, and the cover fits snugly, but for some reason, there is hardly any vapor being produced anymore. It feels like there is too much air getting in, but I can't figure out from where. Please help. I feel like I lost my best friend with this not working. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

All I can think of is that you haven't pushed the heater cover far enough down, which would mean that the air inlet on the HC is higher up on the element, and so you'd get less heating of the air. Either that, or you've broken something, but I can't imagine what if the HC still fitted fine.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
ace34 said:
How high into the cover should the heating element go? This is really driving me crazy.

As far as it will go - the heater cover should be all the way down. Just hold the HC by the long tube and give it gentle twists as you push it down.

Qbit,

ace34

Qbit said:
ace34 said:
How high into the cover should the heating element go? This is really driving me crazy.

As far as it will go - the heater cover should be pushed all the way down.

It is pushed all the way down, but how high into the glass should the ceramic element go? I think maybe mine is too low but I don't know how to raise it.

ace34,

Qbit

cannabanana
ace34 said:
Qbit said:
ace34 said:

As far as it will go - the heater cover should be pushed all the way down.

It is pushed all the way down, but how high into the glass should the ceramic element go? I think maybe mine is too low but I don't know how to raise it.

The element should at the top, short of touching the glass. If you look through the air outlet hole, you should be able to clearly see the top of the element.

On my unit the element is protruding 5.1cm, or just on 2 inches, out of the stainless steel tubing at the base, which is itself protruding by 2cm, or 0.8 inches, from the base. Ie, the top of the element is 7.1cm (2.8') above the base.

Qbit,

VaporEyeSore

ace34 said:
When i use the GG heater cover I push the cover on so that the element is touching the glass push it all the way down still touching the glass then use the marbe pick to push the element down a little so it is not touching the glass (as this will make he glass break eventualy) but about 1to2mm away.
About as close as i can get it without it touching glass.

VaporEyeSore,

Qbit

cannabanana
VaporEyeSore said:
When i use the GG heater cover I push the cover on so that the element is touching the glass push it all the way down still touching the glass then use the marbe pick to push the element down a little so it is not touching the glass (as this will make he glass break eventualy) but about 1to2mm away.

It's not the GG Ace is concerned with, but the standard HC.

Qbit,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Also make sure that the element is well centered in the HC, this makes a HUGE difference. If it isn't centered, take off the HC and gently encourage the element into place before putting the hc back on to check, repeat as necessary

SF Giant,

Heos

Qbit said:
VaporEyeSore said:

It's not the GG Ace is concerned with, but the standard HC.

The process for putting different HCs on shouldn't be different.

ace34

Thanks so much for everyone's help. I think I got it working. The heating element must have somehow gotten pushed down too far. I lifted it closer to the HC glass and now it seems to be working. Phewww.... Thanks again!

ace34,

turk

turk
...yes the ssv was/is my 1st love... it's been approx 6 weeks and this tool has changed my landscape...I also pulled the trigger on a "custom" mouthpiece...sure it will enhance my experience...

turk,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Funny story....
A friend who had combusted with my SSV on 2 consecutive visits was
determined to not com bust on his third visit.
He inhaled fast and hard to keep the wand cool!!
He got such a big hit he was about to cough.
Realizing he might "blowback" he removed the wand from the SSH HC...
but forgot to take the mouthpiece away from his lips, and coughed the "wandful" up into the air!
The funniest part was yet to come, as the "load" of meds floated up, then settled down... they made no mess... because they landed right smack dab in the center of the SSV aroma top (already filled with Patchouli!)
Photoon2011-05-25at1749.jpg

The guy owns his own SSV now, and is a real "pro"!

Vitolo,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
^^^lol good story vito. :lol: i too have a friend who has combusted in my ssv on two consecutive visits also. It seems to only happen when using the ssv with my water pieces and not with the mouthpiece. Interesting. he's getting better tho!

YoGranMazPimp,

Lowkey

So I just bought my first vape and it arrived today:). I've actually never used one before but I've done plenty of research so I have a good idea what to expect. I'd still like to hear from those of you with exp with the Silver Surfer on how to get the most out of it.

Any tips for a first timer both with the ssv and vaping in general I'd appreciate it. Like I said I've done the research but Ive always found actually talking to people and having a back and forth provides the best info.

Thanks for reading and your comments.

peace

Lowkey,

Qbit

cannabanana
Lowkey said:
So I just bought my first vape and it arrived today:). I've actually never used one before but I've done plenty of research so I have a good idea what to expect. I'd still like to hear from those of you with exp with the Silver Surfer on how to get the most out of it.

Any tips for a first timer both with the ssv and vaping in general I'd appreciate it. Like I said I've done the research but Ive always found actually talking to people and having a back and forth provides the best info.

Thanks for reading and your comments.

peace

Here's what I suggest:

Plug it in, switch it on to the lowest setting, shove a nice fat unground bud in your wand, and once the vape is hot, put the wand to the heater cover, and inhale a lungful from the mouthpiece.

Now remember, it takes a good 10-15 minutes for a hit to fully kick in, and because you don't get the kind of headrush you get when you inhale a hit of smoke, you have to be careful you don't hit too much at once.

Keep taking hits (when you're ready for them) until the vapour starts to thin out a bit, then snip up the partially-vaped bud with nail scissors or something while still in the wand, or remove the bud and grind it up. This will make it possible to vape the weed thoroughly (since air doesn't pass through solid bud).

Nudge the temperature up and keep taking hits, and stir the herb in the wand between hits. The more you brown and darken the herb, the more sedative the effects will be. But don't blacken your herb, or you're taking it too far.

Mind you, the slower you inhale, the hotter the air coming from the vape, since the air spends more time passing by the heating element. And this can be a problem if the wand gets clogged up, which tends to happen if you've got too much well-ground weed in your wand.

Just keep fiddling with the unit and you'll soon get the hang of how to use it just right. It really not that complex. But do let us know how it goes. That is, once you can manage to string the words together (since new vapourists typically disappear into the clouds for a couple of weeks when they get their first vape :D ).

Qbit,

TNK

IMO I find that first timers including myself, turned the temp up way too high. This creates combustion, brown nasty smoke and it smells like there was a fire in your bong. So I find that a dial set before 12, 11-1130 is a good setting for myself. Herb browns up but never blackens and the 1/2 filled wand last no less than 3 hours.

Stir frequently and share your thoughts

TNK,

turk

turk
...have to agree...when I 1st got it I vaped aorund 2:30, 3...it was too high...now I use less and never stray from 11:30-12...much, much, better...better taste too...

turk,

Heos

I feel lucky that I've never combusted in mine. I have vaped it too dark for my taste though.

Heos,

Qbit

cannabanana
TNK said:
IMO I find that first timers including myself, turned the temp up way too high. This creates combustion, brown nasty smoke and it smells like there was a fire in your bong. So I find that a dial set before 12, 11-1130 is a good setting for myself. Herb browns up but never blackens and the 1/2 filled wand last no less than 3 hours.

Stir frequently and share your thoughts

Yeah, there can be a psychological thing of wanting the unit cranking hot to get really smashed, or people can just underestimate the power of this vape. Which can easily lead to such accidents.

However, it's not just the risk of burning your herb that should concern first-timers, but also the effects of the vapour. One of the great novelties of vaping with a variable temperature model is the ability to experience different effects at different settings. So that's one reason why I suggest to first-timers to start low and gradually turn the knob up over your first session, to get a feel for the effects of the low temperature-boiling cannabinoids before bringing on the high-boilers (this is how I usually like to vape myself.). And if you want fat clouds you can always put more herb in your wand.

Qbit,
Top Bottom