Breathemetal

^Best advice for the SSV right thurr!;) I spent months working my way up to the top of the dial until I came to realize the optimal range pretty much falls anywhere between 80 to 100%. I use mine at max all of the time now and that really helps with the vape's efficiency. Just a single massive rip and I'm good to go... so one bowl can easily last throughout the day, especially if I'm working.

That's why i prefer max temp. One-three rips and im good to go for a hour or so, but generally i pack te wand near full and vape the whole load in one session

Breathemetal,

hoorah

Can't understand how ppl vape on max, half way and mine is starting to burn .... I generally clean the screens to unblock the wand every 10 days, towards the end of 10 days I have to reduce the heat to almost nothing.

Doesn't the SSV go to like 300C? 150-200C is plenty to release all the THC.

I don't bother marking the area because it's suppose to be adjusted depending on the strain and other variables. I have rough area where I start vaping and I adjust up and down depending on the colour. If I just got it or some new bud, I would start at half way and go up or down depending on the colour. I like it dark orange / light brown, dark brown or black is starting to combust imo.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Can't understand how ppl vape on max, half way and mine is starting to burn ....

Only thing I can think of is the HC are inefficient. I have three standard HC, one of them is just perfect and will allow me to vape @ 1/4th on the dial.

My recent HCs are nowhere close, I need to turn them up to pass halfway to start getting vapor.

Breathemetal

Only thing I can think of is the HC are inefficient. I have three standard HC, one of them is just perfect and will allow me to vape @ 1/4th on the dial.

My recent HCs are nowhere close, I need to turn them up to pass halfway to start getting vapor.

That is quite interesting.
Maybe next time I order a new HC i'll ask them to make it as efficient as possible....i wonder if they could or know how to fine tune it

Breathemetal,
Can't understand how ppl vape on max, half way and mine is starting to burn .... I generally clean the screens to unblock the wand every 10 days, towards the end of 10 days I have to reduce the heat to almost nothing.

Doesn't the SSV go to like 300C? 150-200C is plenty to release all the THC.

I don't bother marking the area because it's suppose to be adjusted depending on the strain and other variables. I have rough area where I start vaping and I adjust up and down depending on the colour. If I just got it or some new bud, I would start at half way and go up or down depending on the colour. I like it dark orange / light brown, dark brown or black is starting to combust imo.
I like to get my AVB dark brown (not black) but i guess thats the stoner side of me not wanting to waste weed at all. as long as it aint ash or cherrying im cool with it.

laugingsodreamy12,

hoorah

I like to get my AVB dark brown (not black) but i guess thats the stoner side of me not wanting to waste weed at all. as long as it aint ash or cherrying im cool with it.

But remember, you save AVB and make oil with it, so it's not wasted, you're just de-carbing it ;)

I've used 80grams twice and screwed it up, but this time I'll nail it lol.

yea true i guess but what you mean oil? like hash oil? i usually just bake brownies with my AVB and honestly they never gotten me baked even with 25 grams of it, i dont like the avb to be yellow ill keep decarbing it i get more high so therefore im nmore happy :). i see edibles/oil to be kinda of a waste/too much time and effort

ill prob just start throwing my AVB away, even if im decarbing it its not burning essentially if its not ash/black

laugingsodreamy12,
I think I just shed a tear right before my head exploded...
lol ive put 25 grams of AVB in edibles and it gave me a slight buzz its not worth the tolerance uptake/effort AVB is shit, if theirs no trichomes/yellow color if its dark brown its shit, its cashed their aint no THC in it

i can see if it was slight green/yellow it would be viable but i toke it too dark brown color and literally my brother has smoked 5 grams of it with no feeling of being high what so ever. people who think avb can get you high is leaving it more yellow XD because my AVB sucks lol i swear theirs little to no actives left in the final product.

laugingsodreamy12,

DeltaNine

Here is a video showing the dome/ti nail attachment on my SSV. Just using some low quality QWISO made from AVB. It has some small amounts of combustible material in it, so that is why it kept smoking a bit after the dab..

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
lol ive put 25 grams of AVB in edibles and it gave me a slight buzz its not worth the tolerance uptake/effort AVB is shit, if theirs no trichomes/yellow color if its dark brown its shit, its cashed their aint no THC in it

i can see if it was slight green/yellow it would be viable but i toke it too dark brown color and literally my brother has smoked 5 grams of it with no feeling of being high what so ever. people who think avb can get you high is leaving it more yellow XD because my AVB sucks lol i swear theirs little to no actives left in the final product.

I disagree, the cbn's are what your after IME. So a good mix of colors works fine or even all dark brown. But if your vaping anything from decent to high quality you should get something with coconut oil and lecithin granules if not make or give it to your friends? What say friend?

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: Dreamerr

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Here is a video showing the dome/ti nail attachment on my SSV. Just using some low quality QWISO made from AVB. It has some small amounts of combustible material in it, so that is why it kept smoking a bit after the dab..

Hellz yeah sweet setup! Even a green tshirt, word! How those new mini ballz workin out for you????

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: DeltaNine

DeltaNine

I disagree, the cbn's are what your after IME. So a good mix of colors works fine or even all dark brown. But if your vaping anything from decent to high quality you should get something with coconut oil and lecithin granules if not make or give it to your friends? What say friend?

To support this, My video above is a dab made from pretty dark brown AVB. About 40 grams of AVB equates to about 1-2 grams of QWISO, IME.

SSVUN~YAH said:
Hellz yeah sweet setup! Even a green tshirt, word! How those new mini ballz workin out for you????

Thanks, and if you mean the oil slick ball, it is the absolute best container I have used for 1-3 grams of oil. It can hold more, but I like to keep it less than half full so I can squish the sides of the container and form the QWISO into a ball.

DeltaNine,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

I use mine at 11-12 and I take a medium draw 5 seconds tops, removing the wand as finishing the hit. We all have our own way as we learned the machine. It takes time so don't get frustrated and just enjoy playing and learning. Remember there will also be a slight variation in each ssv besides how a user draws, because of how the heating element is sent and how long the HC and wand are. Don't fill up your wand either, 1/3 is more then enough.

ABV being close to black doesn't mean it is extracting well. In a convection vape that shouldn't happen and you should still be getting very good extraction. I am sure vito will pop in and explain this better then I.

Let me repeat take your time and try not to get frustrated and you will be rewarded:) .

Dreamerr,

hoorah

yea true i guess but what you mean oil? like hash oil? i usually just bake brownies with my AVB and honestly they never gotten me baked even with 25 grams of it, i dont like the avb to be yellow ill keep decarbing it i get more high so therefore im nmore happy :). i see edibles/oil to be kinda of a waste/too much time and effort

ill prob just start throwing my AVB away, even if im decarbing it its not burning essentially if its not ash/black

By heating it to around 220C and not burning it you are decarbing (decarboxylate) it, removing a carbon atom from the carboxylic acid and converting THC-A to THC. Making it way more potent, so AVB is actually perfect for this because the pros decarb (vape pretty much) normal weed anyway.

Just putting ABV weed into brownies wont work, THC is soloable in fat and not water, you have to make it in oil or fat, i.e. heat it in pure fat for it to fuze. It's not that hard just tricky, I will use 80grams AVB, and lots of water in oil then put it in fridge or freezer and when the pure oil solidfys on top I will seperate them. Throw the water away and use the oil in chocolate and make it with rice crispys and smart cakes :D

I have a degree in Biochemistry but i'm not a weed chef, it's pretty hard and I screwed up twice, but i'll nail it next time.

hoorah,

hoorah

Amazing :D how did you make the oil? and what bong is that?

hoorah,

Vitolo

Vaporist
eeek i dont like that my DV dont combust at all, why would they make a heating element surpass the vaping temperature? but at least you can see/feel if its combusting, how hot does this thing get? i realize theirs no temp gauge but i mean is it easy to burn your material cause i really wouldnt like that. bt i imagine since you remove the wand after each hit tis very easy not too burn it.
Because not everyone vaporizes ONLY Mj. The vape temps of some other herbs exceed 420
Also some people use the units for Concentrates, and some of these can withstand temps of 450+
This is why they make a heating element surpass the vaping temperature.

Vitolo,

DeltaNine

Amazing :D how did you make the oil? and what bong is that?

It's just QWISO as mentioned.

I simply freeze material and bottle of ISO 99% for 24-48 hours (probably totally overkill but I wasn't in a rush).

Fill a bucket with a large flat base with cold water and ice, and while holding mason jar of frozen material partially under the water to keep material as cool as possible, pour some alcohol in there and swish it around.

It depends on how much yield vs potency you want when deciding how long your do the ISO rinse.

For AVB I do a single wash, so I do a decent length rinse. My oils quality suffers somewhat due to extra chlorophyll extracted, but i get more end product which I prefer because I don't find tiny dabs as effective even if more potent.

Anyways after 30-40 seconds I pour the mix into a metal strainer which allows the alcohol to immediately fall into a jar beneath and be separated from the AVB.

Now pour the liquid in this jar, now free of most plant material, into 2-4 layers of coffee filters suspended over a mason jar with elastics. Walk away, and return every once in a while to fill up the coffee filter.

Finally, pour last jar of liquid after filtering on a flat plate with lots of surface area (not too big if this is just a tiny batch) and let it evaporate for 48 hours. (this may also be overkill, again not really a concern to me at all).

Then I do 250F in the oven for a short time. Since this is AVB, it should already be decarbed and active, but I still do this step to convert some THC to CBD and ensure as much alcohol is removed as possible.

I use my oil for a heavier sleep type effect so I don't mind if it has higher CBD.

I would really like to do this with Everclear, or do a solventless extraction, which I plan on learning sometime soon.

The bong, is my new Everest Glass Works 10 arm bubbler. They are an american glass company, used to be on ALT but seems to be no longer. Either way, they do almost all their pieces with really well done tiny tree percs. Got it for 130$ and its supposed to be 5mm Tube, 2.2m perc, 4mm mouthpiece. I think it is relatively well made as far as glass thickness, with maybe a couple thinner spots that shouldn't be an issue though.

I have used lot's of pieces with my SSV, and I have to say, this might be my new daily driver for vaping. Still, large volume pieces can be fun if you want a massive rip.

ooj.png

Here's a vid of my SSV in use with a large volume piece, gets huge hits! And btw, I am using my flavour wand as a WPA because it offers less airflow restriction than the standard elbow WPAs. This is because the WPAs are inserted into the hose, and the flavour wand has the hose inserted into it allowing for full airflow. It also provides an extra screen in case some little bits of stuff get past my first bowl.

Also in this video I am using the SGG hands free attachment, I think it's like 6$.

My friend told me that its bad to turn the SSV off and on multiple times a day? is he just talking out his ass or is this statement true? and i mean just after every use if your not going to use it for 1-2 hours might as well turn it off right? i just want to know because i dont want to damage my unit at all.

laugingsodreamy12,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
My friend told me that its bad to turn the SSV off and on multiple times a day? is he just talking out his ass or is this statement true?

He may be right, turning it off and on could ruin the temperature adjuster thingy, as they are rated for so many "clicks". I leave mine on all day, just turn it down, not off. The heating element can handle it and it doesn't pull much electricity at low settings.

Tweak,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Leave it plugged in and on. If you so choose turn the heater all the way down right before it clicks off. Many people have had there on for years. You asked for a reliable vape and that is exactly what you bought.

The reason for this is your friend is correct. The only part that is vulnerable on this unit is the on off clicker thingy. All switches, according to the people on this site, ok the men in the know, say that switches have a lifetime. Your wall switch or any other switch including the ssv one. So for example it may be rated at 500 clicks then it will break. That was just an arbitrary number but you get the idea. This unit is always ready for you. Take a hit and keep walking. Most leave it on and just turn it down at night but not off.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
Edit: Dreamerr answered already... but I will leave my post as is to reinforce~

There is ONE functioning moving part on your SSV.
One thing that can break after long term use.
The switch.
I leave my SSV plugged in and turned on 24/7... only lowering temp at bedtime, and raising it upon wakeup.
The vape stays on and ready 18 hours a day

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Edit: Dreamerr answered already... but I will leave my post as is to reinforce~

There is ONE functioning moving part on your SSV.
One thing that can break after long term use.
The switch.
I leave my SSV plugged in and turned on 24/7... only lowering temp at bedtime, and raising it upon wakeup.
The vape stays on and ready 18 hours a day
I wonder would it be ok to leave the ssv at a set temp and just unplug unit and plug it back in when ready. This way no wear on switch or is this a bad idea?

NeeChee,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Not a bad idea, but rather a "power surge" idea.
The element would then be subject to a total power on each time, which may wear on it's life expectancy.. more than a simple temp rise would affect it.
same way that turning on a light cost more $$ in electric juice than leaving it on longer does.

DeltaNine

Not a bad idea, but rather a "power surge" idea.
The element would then be subject to a total power on each time, which may wear on it's life expectancy.. more than a simple temp rise would affect it.
same way that turning on a light cost more $$ in electric juice than leaving it on longer does.

Hey, for about 6 months of owning my SSV, I have always shut it off after use. How safe would you say it is to leave on all the time?
Sounds like you've clearly done it, what's the highest temp you would recommend for all day? How hot is min temp when you go to bed?
Could it melt something or burn cotton, say if i flung a pillow in my sleep lol?
Do you use dimmers on all your other electronics/lights with power switches or just this vaporizer?

Thanks

EDIT: Part of the reason I ask is that with my oil attachment, I use max temp and after about 1 hour the housing of the entire unit gets fairly hot. Soon the SSV will be only used for dabbing, so IDK if I could leave it on max 12-18 hrs per day/

DeltaNine,
Top Bottom