chimpybits

If you start low, the 1st toke may have little vapor more taste. after every 3-4 tokes when vapor get less, you can then increase the temp incrementally, and dont forget to stir the bowl too.
Bingo. That is exactly what I figured out just before catching this post. This is now a very nice high - it sounds like this - aaaaah niiiiice. But yeah you're all right. I was getting plenty of cool nice tasting vapour at 1 for the 1st draws. I kept trying after that and again, said f*(*^%k it and turned it up. And stir. Shit kids its easy. OK seriously tomorrow I have to work.

chimpybits,

chimpybits

My little purple devil the next day - of aftermath. scene of the crime. space case beside. would have preferred small size grinder, but the color was so close.
(Actually the spelling is colour and we speak of vapour when you're in the neighbourhood - the hood. Wankouver).
dscn0941x.jpg

dscn0946x.jpg

chimpybits,

chimpybits

Aw shucks thanks guys. The pic doesn't really pick up the purple (which is admittedly subtle) enough, but I'm no photographer and am otherwise too lazy to try. Yeah its all good now.

btw I know y'all like to discuss the merits of the taste and lack of stink, but the duff is a bit yuck smell.

chimpybits,

chimpybits

Heya no one caught onto my weed or hockey + Vancouver references. We're winning the Stanley Cup finals right now (not that I care as I don't watch hockey either - which is like verbotten to even say in this town right now). And oh yeah you must know that Vancouver and SF are the Amsterdams of N America. Bought my gear in Mark Emery's Cannabis HQ which the US DEA pressured to bust. Anyway, whatever yeah Vancouver.

chimpybits,

pwnage_

Is that the standard wand? They have three options now, the normal, the ground glass and the spherical ground glass. What does anyone know about it??

pwnage_,

chimpybits

Yep that is the standard. Vitolo has a couple of excellent links 2 pages back that will answer your questions well. I've just started this whole vape thing and knew right off I was not a GG (ground glass) type.

chimpybits,

Vitolo

Vaporist
ground glass = fits into a ground glass matching heater cover so you don't have to hold it.
spherical= a fitting like a ball and socket , to move the wand around and direct airflow.
hand held= a wand that is held, and you aim as you like toward heat. There is nothing to slide or remove, as
the wand remains in your ahnd until you set it down.

hand held has the largest capacity chamber for big loads.
All 3 can be used for small pinches.
I use only hand held. Many vaporists use the others for varying reasons.

pwnage_

Thanks for that! I knew it wasn't gg, but I hadn't heard of spherical glass before. I might go the hand held then. :D

pwnage_,

Vitolo

Vaporist
the spherical pieces are usually ground glass as well, but the chambers are traditionally smaller, and not as easy to stir between 'pulls".
I have them all here, but never use any but hand held wands (that's just me)

Vitolo,

smartrott

Well I have had my surfer for half a year now. It is my daily driver and I love it. I probably vape at least 75% of the time now. Most of the time my body wants to vape, sometimes it wants to smoke and somtimes both. About a month ago I received my custom standard wand from 7th floor. The standard wand that comes with the surfer is nice, but the custom glass is sick. Next will be a custom knob, and if they make more I would like to get a bad ass custom standard heater cover. I wish that I had found this vape years ago! Thanks to everyone here for all of the information. When I originally ordered my SSV I already knew that I was gonna love it bc of this site and paul from tokin daily. Im getting high in North Carolina. Peace!

smartrott,

pwnage_

The hardest part of the whole thing is picking the right color :/... Any suggestions. I like the rainbow zen, but it's hard to tell from just the pictures.

pwnage_,

Vitolo

Vaporist
pwnage_ said:
... Any suggestions.
I suggest you dig into your wildest color fantasy dreams. think hard and go for a couple of colors that are personally significant to you, and part of your life. You will remember that every time you vape, and will have an excellent tale to tell your friends as they get medicated with you!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
pwnage_ said:
Good response! I need to have a long hard think. Extended warrenty worth it?
IMO no. There is almost nothing that can go wrong.. and the heater cover is not covered.
7th Floor charges a low cost to do ANY repair, and are very fast. (Last I checked any repair was $30 or less)
It depends on if that would give you a feeling of added security.
On many vapes that have more circuitry, or moving parts.. I might say yes. On an SSV, I think not.
* This is my opinion only. I know many SSVs. Many are old. Many seriously abused too. Worst I have seen is a new HC which you install yourself.

Vitolo,

Bandit King

In the future where my evil is law!
I finally got mine yesterday after a not so funny series of events lol...My favorite pipe broke yesterday into a million pieces. Was this a sign of things to come?

These are quick results, I only used it briefly. Also I had a week break from the good stuff.

Set it up, plugged it in. Let it run for a bit....then started around the 10-12 position. Found a spot for me and I can say is WOW! The amount I used was so insanely tiny....it might have been the amount I use in my MFLB. The device is fantastic, I know it's still early but man....I don't know why I hadn't gotten on board with this before. I am beyond pleased so far lol.

I love it, maybe I'm feeling happy that a purchase worked out for me and I'm a little biased but goodness... it's fantastic. I can't wait to experiment more with it when I have a little more time.

I'm really impressed by how small it is and how well it works. I thought it would've taken me a while to get the breathing technique down but the vids and my previous experience with my MFLB most likely helped.

So far there are only two things I don't like:

The GonG connection is not as smooth as I believed it to be. With very little effort the tube fell out once away from the heating chamber. Thankfully I had it on a small table covered with a kind of mat. No damage but goodness I could see that breaking....I'm glad now that I'd ordered the standard connection as a back up. At least with that I won't make the mistake of thinking it's fitting snug when it's not. Was I expecting too much to think that GonG was a solid fit and would stay snug?

The other thing is the optional aroma top. I didn't get any oils from vapeworld so in order to test it out I purchased some wax melts and some scented oils from walmart. Not my lifelong plan of course but I did want to test out that part of it and I knew other stores wouldn't be open until Monday. It very well could be the quality of the stuff I used but I wasn't too impressed by it.

I actually had to turn it up higher than the temperature that I vaped at. Is that normal?

Bandit King,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The oil diffuser is supposed to diffuse VERY slowly. I would not turn it up any higher than you vape at. The oil diffuser is a very subtle scent with any oil you use. IMO it would be wise to not leave oil diffuser on at a temp much higher than at noon.
I understand fully about the gong connection. This is why I changed later for a standard HC and hand held wand.
I am stoked for you. Happy that you are happy. I think you made a great choice! :)

Vitolo,

pwnage_

Vitolo said:
pwnage_ said:
Good response! I need to have a long hard think. Extended warrenty worth it?
IMO no. There is almost nothing that can go wrong.. and the heater cover is not covered.
7th Floor charges a low cost to do ANY repair, and are very fast. (Last I checked any repair was $30 or less)
It depends on if that would give you a feeling of added security.
On many vapes that have more circuitry, or moving parts.. I might say yes. On an SSV, I think not.
* This is my opinion only. I know many SSVs. Many are old. Many seriously abused too. Worst I have seen is a new HC which you install yourself.

My thoughts exactly... It has a 3 year warrenty on it anyway. Chances are 3 years down the line I'll either be looking at a new one or not using it as much..

pwnage_,

ManFlies352

I hear mostly negative things about the gong connection because people don't like using the SSV hands-free but I ordered the spherical ground glass which, from what I can tell, you have to rotate around similar to the standard connection but just more in a circular motion. Should I be worried?

ManFlies352,

Vitolo

Vaporist
No! There is no cause for worry. You will use it, and have one more tool under your experience "belt" that you will be good at explaining.
Connections get worn. Glass connections can break. We go into it knowing this!
I think that the negative things said must be about the gong connection.... after all who could speak ill of our loyal companion SSV :ssv: ?
Tell us how the Spherical works for you!

Vitolo,
Top Bottom