nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
Must disagree wholeheartedly.
I have both and the only similarity is a ceramic element.

The elements are the same, the analog heat control is the same ( you can even get the same glass knobs for the control for the LSV ), only difference is the casing and cord placement, besides different heater covers, I put an LSV HC on my SSV, and just invert, then it hits exactly the same, even all of the HC's are interchangeable. oh nad BTW a reverse 90 degree angle, is also a 90 degree angle. lol.
what besides the casing and HC do you find different ?
I would be willing to bet that the internals are very similar as well.

nickb,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The elements are the same, the analog heat control is the same ( you can even get the same glass knobs for the control for the LSV ), only difference is the 1-casing and 2-cord placement, besides 3-different heater covers, I put an LSV HC on my SSV, and just invert, then it hits exactly the same, even all of the HC's are interchangeable. oh nad BTW a reverse 90 degree angle, is also a 90 degree angle. lol.
what besides the casing and HC do you find different ?
I would be willing to bet that the internals are very similar as well.
You named a few for me.
What I find VERY different is the fact that my SSV can be approached easily from any angle including from below....
I also find even MORE different the fact that my SSV has been on for 3 years non stop.
I have left it at full temp for weeks on end as well..
Always ready.
Yes... yes... I know
I can build a clamp and a stand to hold my LSV as I want it.... and stabilize it on a desk.
Oh... there is one difference you and I both did not point out...
The SSV is a desktop vape
The LSV is a handheld vape

I too have juggled pieces and parts to entertain readers.....
But the vapes are not the same.

Photoon2011-10-13at0856.jpg
ssvlsv.jpg

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
You named a few for me.
What I find VERY different is the fact that my SSV can be approached easily from any angle including from below....
I also find even MORE different the fact that my SSV has been on for 3 years non stop.
Always ready.
Yes... yes... I know
I can build a clamp and a stand to hold my LSV as I want it.... and stabilize it on a desk.

ssvlsv.jpg

Well debated on both ends! Nice pics Vito!:tup:

SSVUN~YAH,

SSVUN~YAH

You named a few for me.
Always ready.
Yes... yes... I know

ssvlsv.jpg

Well debated on both ends! Nice pics Vito!:tup: Didn't mean to double post feel free to discard please.

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: Vitolo

nickb

You named a few for me.
Always ready.
Yes... yes... I know

ssvlsv.jpg

OK this is the point i was trying to make,
If you own an SSV already, what advantage would an LSV be if all i need to do is change the HC on the SSV and pick up invert and voila, same functionality,
I still believe that. If the LSV had some kind of a stand then the same holds true for it.
So i if I had one or the other I could make the functionality as far as hit quality and quantity virtually the same.
I use my SSV as a handheld unit sometimes, it is not so cumbersome that I would rather shell out an extra $175 for an LSV when I can use my SSV the same as the LSV by swapping heater covers.
& basically purely from a vapor Quality & Quantity standpoint I can't see the advantage to adding the LSV to my arsenal.
But that is just my opinion, and I dont have a lot of dough,
after house , car & bill payments so for me it wouldn't make sense for me to buy both.
And I just want to make some of the newbies to vaping that the SSV can have a dual functionality so to speak, and that it can do it all, it is actually not that hard to use the SSV as a handheld, only if the top was threaded and I could add an enclosure similar to the LSV but built to fit on top of the SSV,
OK im too high i think to be debating , but if money is an issue buy the SSV.
OMG sorry to ramble on

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
If money is an issue, and someone doesnt own either of them, the LSV is cheaper...
So I'd say if money is an issue buy the LSV ;)

7th floor vapes are awesome no matter which way you go. :tup:

nickb

I use the oil kit on my DBV and it is perfect.
I am not sure bout the angles here. The titanium nail is not straight up and down.
I think the kit good for the SSV owner that wants to convert back and forth, but if going for this as an oil kit principally, The DBV with oil rig makes more sense to me.
(and the DBV with it's oil rig is the easiest cleanest dab settup I have used to date)

How are the hits, as far as size & quantity, or denseness,
I like a lung buster like you get from a torch,
dose the ssv or dbv give huge cloudy hits like a torch and a ti nail?

nickb,

nickb

If money is an issue, and someone doesnt own either of them, the LSV is cheaper...
So I'd say if money is an issue buy the LSV ;)

7th floor vapes are awesome no matter which way you go. :tup:

I got my SSV for $180 or close to that from a seller on ebay, they had like 99% good rating, it was new, I think it was a blemished unit because there was a small i mean tiny chip in the red paint, but i dont mind it is a beast i mean a tank.
IMO buy the SSV

nickb,
Reactions: NeeChee

SSVUN~YAH

I did not say it would not be OK.
I said I preferred the setup on the DBV, as I like my Ti-Nail (the cup) to sit straight up and down, rather than at angle...
I couldbe dead wrong on this and the angle could turn out to be favorable to those that try...
I was only expressing skepticism as result of reluctance to change.

I imagine it wouldn't be hard to build or find a wedge style base to stabilize the ssv evenly...

SSVUN~YAH,

Tuck

I've been busting my lungs for about a week now. It's nice because I come home from work, turn it on, and leave it on till I go to bed. Then I just pop in, dab, and pop out. This works well for me since I already had the SSV and had no intention of buying a torch-style oil rig because it would freak the wife out. The TI cup being off-kilter is not that big of a hindrance.

You can find more info over here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/da-buddha-dab-kit-nail.8427/

Tuck,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The difference again is simple.
The LSV is a handheld vape.. that is lightweight and easy to travel with, and can be used with an inverter in a car.
It can go from room to room, with much more ease, and so is a "plug in portable"

I imagine it wouldn't be hard to build or find a wedge style base to stabilize the ssv evenly...
but then the opening for wand... and the wand are not at 90 degree angle (a MUST)
The angle on the Ti Nail will work.. I was just being a sceptic.

The hits are lung busting and dense... although they dabs vaporize a bit slower than on a red hot nail.
The safety and ease, and "togetherness' of the setup more than compensate for the nail not being glowing and torch hot.

Vitolo,
Reactions: ShipDit

SSVUN~YAH

but then the opening for wand... and the wand are not at 90 degree angle (a MUST)

Ha not very well thought out plan on my end eh? Lol good call Vito!

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: Vitolo

nickb

The difference again is simple.
The LSV is a handheld vape.. that is lightweight and easy to travel with, and can be used with an inverter in a car.
It can go from room to room, with much more ease, and so is a "plug in portable"

The hits are lung busting and dense... although they dabs vaporize a bit slower than on a red hot nail.
The safety and ease, and "togetherness' of the setup more than compensate for the nail not being glowing and torch hot.

THE SSV can also be used with an inverter in a car, I bought a $25 one at O'riley that you can plug into, works just fine though, I like to vape at my poker game on Tuesdays, which is why I got the inverter, but the owner doesn't want us using his house, so I simply turn the car on and plug in the SSV, Sit & Chill, Take a few nice drags, then back in to finish the game.
Traveling with either seems to be a bit of a pain they are both pretty big, I guess the LSV is lighter,
But for my money.
Obviously we will not agree on how close the SSV & LSV are,
IMO the SSV then would be the superior vape, because it can be used as both a handheld and Desktop,
while the LSV really dose not perform as good for a desktop since it needs to be modified.
so that being said we can conclude that i was a little more correct than you are,
and that the SSV is the superior of the 2

Vitolo

Vaporist
We will certainly not agree.. that is a fact.
using your logic, the Persei Hammer, and the bender... as well as the "herc cart" are the same also.... as they use a ceramic element and can be placed in proximity with tubing or glass.
I see how hard it is for you to admit that you made a poor comparison.
So I will concede.. you are correct.
The LSV and SSV are identical.;)
.. because it can be used as both a handheld and Desktop
The SSV I do agree is superior. Mine has not been off for years.
Watching someone use the SSV as a handheld would be humorous however... sort of like watching someone prove they could do something awkward and "out of the norm' to either show themselves it could be accomplished, or to prove a point.

Breathemetal

What is the "proper" technique for hitting the SSV?
Long and slow?
Quick?
Im assuming variation in draw speed changes temp?

Breathemetal,

SSVUN~YAH

I believe everyone has their own styles, there are many that work good, but watch your temp and how dense you pack and speed of inhalation. Those will be your keys to success, otherwise explore and enjoy ridin the wave!

Breathemetal

Thanks man, picking it up tomorrow!
Green w/ purple base.

Gonna play with it for a few days then going to order the oil kit!
Might get some extra stuff for it too...like some hoses and maybe a different mouthpiece

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
A good yard stick for getting use to it, is set the temp knob to about halfway (12 o'clock if your unit turns on at 6.30/7), and draw until you hear the air "whistling" through the intake of the heater cover.
It won't actually be a high-pitched whistle, more like a whooshing sound.
Anyways, use how loud that sounds as a guideline for your draw speed until you get a feel for it.

I found my favorite draw speed to be a little but harder than when that whoosh first becomes audible.

Once you start getting the hang of it, you can easily adjust your temp to suit your draw style.
So if you feel you're drawing too fast or slow for your own preferences, you can adjust the heat to get to the same results over an array of draw speeds.
:2c:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Tweak

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Anyone here on FC happen to own the Limited Edition Rasta SSV? I just got one sans knob and whip end and I've been scrounging the internet for pics with no luck. Trying to figure out if its worth having them make me something close or just pick up something that might fit with the color scheme better.

Zingbuddah,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Once you start getting the hang of it, you can easily adjust your temp to suit your draw style.
So if you feel you're drawing too fast or slow for your own preferences, you can adjust the heat to get to the same results over an array of draw speeds.
:2c:

+1. Draw speed is crucial in getting consistent results.

Also for consistency in temperture I have set my upper and lower temp values on my SSV, and have adopted a mirror for seeing my bubbler fill with vapor and to adjust this knob with ease. I would always bump the know when picking the SSV up to move it, so I would always have to spin it around to check, even then I wasn't sure if I had moved it. No longer, :)

dsc5740g.jpg

Rarely do I hit noon. With my screen mod (I wish more would give it a try, its keeping my wand and whip debris free) I always keep my temps low and my screen closest to the edge of my wand as I can.

dsc4989g.jpg

With this setup, I am no longer lusting for the Cloud, :D

I swear with this extra screen I am getting some more conduction than usual, giving me huge clouds.

ekulaj

I heard some rattling from inside my SSV the other day, so I took off the base and found this
mup3of4.jpg

QowoMML.jpg

It's .25" in diameter. There's still a rattle when I shake it, but it's not nearly as loud now. I'm thinking that the absence of the nut loosened something. Anybody have any advice?

ekulaj,

Breathemetal

I seem to enjoy it cranked the most so far. Massive clouds, and I am very medicated off of a very small amount of flower.
Mind you, AAA flower...but a very little amount. MUCH smaller than what i normal vape...and WAYYYY smaller than what I would combust with (which I only do once or twice a week...still love a good j)

Oh and a question:

Whats the difference between the heater cover stand? mine just has three screws and not the weird clip thing, is this the new style or the old style?

Breathemetal,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

barrydanger

Thats what i do with my screen tweak. I cant quite believe the difference in sizes with the wands . I bought three wands with my recently purchased ssv and they all vary in size by upto an inch and my friends ssv which i picked up for him has a wand half an inch shorter than my smallest one which would be perfect for me but he wont swap the meanie. I have decided to cut one of my wands down to a size suitable to smaller loads . Can anyone think of a reason why this will not be good considering i have access to all tools needed?

barrydanger,

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
i just received my ssv this morning, love it! The blemish is minimal, jut a misprint on the base, looks like the bottom half of the word giggle. haha. it ended up being gold with a red base. pretty cool as I was just expecting silver. I ordered a fatty wand with it, but it is only like a quarter inch longer than the regular wand. It seems like this could just be the normal variation in two standard wands. Isnt the fatty wand supposed to have like a bubble shaped bowl? The site says 5x the load, but this cant even do 2x.

Top Bottom