Shrooooms

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Anybody else like picking the magical mushrooms in their spare time??

They're finally coming on hard in Seattle I've picked like an ounce (dry) of cyanescens in the last couple weeks.

Anybody else having any luck? I wish I had flicks but I don't have a camera at the moment.

bluntfaced,

11eleven11

I picked last season and got a ton. I think I'll check last year's patch sometime soon.

11eleven11,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
My mind prefers to stay away from psychedelics anymore. I always get to a point where I question my own sanity, and I find that uncomfortable.

To misquote Donovan: It harshes my mellow......

macbill,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Shrooms are the only psychedelic I've ever taken. I certainly don't like to do them often, like once ort twice a year. I was having some pretty insane visuals though it's interesting stuff.

I was seeing this old samuri dude like out of an old japanese painting. Then he started getting really scary and HUGE like taking up my whole field of vision like he was gonna eat me. Then it was just crazy patterns and tunnels of light and stuff. I mostly pick them because they are worth mad $$$ off season and out of their habitat

bluntfaced,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I have had the inkling to try shrooms, but am a bit scared, I have never done anything stronger than pot. Picking/growing definitely not over here. I think it would be a cool trip. Any suggestions to new people in the field of shrooms? (sorry if off topic, but I don't think there needs to be 2 shroom threads).

The_Other_Shoe,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Take them with a friend, I don't like it when my friend is not tripping too but some do. Be in a comfortable place, not in public, out in nature is best in my opinion. Make sure you are in a positive mind state and don't have any unfinished business or things that are really stressing you out. Drink lots of water, eat the shrooms with some food like in a sandwich or on pizza. Have a good time.

bluntfaced,

Frickr

im a firm believer that they can be benificial to mental help if used properly. i went through a period earlier this year of heavy shooming. was atleast once a week if not more. had them readily avaliable and free so a half 8th made into some tea was pretty intense. full 8ths were increditable. i learned alot about myself, and who i am from my experiences with them.

Frickr,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
bluntfaced said:
Be in a comfortable place, not in public, out in nature is best in my opinion. Make sure you are in a positive mind state
Truth.

macbill,

aero18

vaporist
bluntfaced said:

They're finally coming on hard in Seattle I've picked like an ounce (dry) of cyanescens in the last couple weeks.

Anybody else having any luck? I wish I had flicks but I don't have a camera at the moment.
I live in Seattle too, but I don't trust myself in picking mushrooms. When I move into my own apartment next year or the following year, I plan on growing a few strains of psilocybin.

They are easy to grow, cheap, and yield relatively quick harvests.

I do wish that I could come across some LSD though.

aero18,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
I would love to try smushrooms as well. I've have never taken any type of trip really. I've been looking on the interweb and in the UK i believe i can buy the spores and a grow kit and grow a lot of different types still. Well the growing is illegal, but i think the spores can be obtained legally. I think some of the strains are not allowed in the states even as just spores.

Has anyone ever grown them, is it difficult?

Edit: just read 'They are easy to grow, cheap, and yield relatively quick harvests.'

on a scale of 1-10 (10 the easiest) how hard to grow would people say?

Second edit: also any suggestions of a few good strains to try?

Happycamper,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
You basiclly take the spores and put them in substrate to propagate mycelium and then break that up and get it to eat up some cardboard then put that in a tank with some shit or something. Different kind of shrooms are grown different ways thourgh as they require different environments/habitats. shroomery.org is a good resource.

bluntfaced,

reece

bluntfaced said:

Do they grow in the city proper? I'm from Louisiana, now living in Oregon, and back home we had to go to fields with cows to get shrooms. Doy you have any experience with shrooms in the Portland area? Is there a certain time of year and day to pick them (back home it was spring/summer-ish before sunrise).

reece,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yeah they have psilocybin cyanescens in portland as well. They grow in the city, parks, by sidewalks. In mulchy woodchips, or dank soil with grass cover. Shady places with lots of moisture or landscaping with wood chips and irrigation. They grow everywhere

bluntfaced,

VapoFish

bluntfaced - what about the desert outside of Phoenix? Wonder if they grow out here somewhere. I know they grow in Flagstaff ... but that's a much more humid environment & it's @ about 7k feet.

VapoFish,

reece

bluntfaced said:
Yeah they have psilocybin cyanescens in portland as well. They grow in the city, parks, by sidewalks. In mulchy woodchips, or dank soil with grass cover. Shady places with lots of moisture or landscaping with wood chips and irrigation. They grow everywhere
Thanks. Time for some research.

reece,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Does peyote grow down there?

I only know about shrooms in my own locale, you gotta find a local mycologist who likes to trip balls

bluntfaced,

Beezleb

Ive lived in Tucson and never heard of anyone going to look for shrooms. I dont think the weather conditions work out. Sierra Vista is a completely different climate in comparison.

Beezleb,

VapoFish

Yep on 'yote.

Regarding 'shrooms .... we do have a season of about 2 mos. when its consistently humid (still pretty warm though). Maybe they would grow. I think I'll google it. GF keeps wanting to grow our own.

I DO know where the nearest dairy is. Hmmm. Next monsoon season think I'll pay it a visit.

VapoFish,

11eleven11

I recommend using the PF Tek for first time mushroom growers. It's easy. When I did it, I got a yield of 3 ounces from 3 syringes.

11eleven11,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I've done my time with mushrooms, dozens of lvl 4/5 trips in the 7-10g dry range.

For the cananbis users that are looking at trying for the first time, you will finally understand what "tripping out" means... pot doesn't make you trip out... pot is like someone giving you a slap, mushrooms (and psychs in general) is getting hit by a semi-trailer, the level of intensity is worlds apart.

Oh god, some of the things you experience :D:D:D

Level 5
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satori enlightenment (and other such labels).
It's been 2 years since my last trip, my mind just can't handle the intensity anymore.

Best to aim for a lvl 3 trip or so, keep your ego intact, they're the most fun... when you walk into your kitchen and the toaster is 5x the size of the fridge, all the walls breathing, the entire floor is a giant kaleidoscope, you can "see" the air (its more impressive then it sounds)... just all round good fun.

Chubba,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Frickr said:
im a firm believer that they can be benificial to mental help if used properly. i went through a period earlier this year of heavy shooming. was atleast once a week if not more. had them readily avaliable and free so a half 8th made into some tea was pretty intense. full 8ths were increditable. i learned alot about myself, and who i am from my experiences with them.
I agree with this....
its also great for using the power of suggestion on oneself. When I decided too quit drinking alcohol and cigarettes (used too be a raging alcoholic with a 2 pack a day ciggie habit). I took a nice heavy dose convinced myself I had too quit. Next day went cold turkey on both and haven't smoke or drank since.

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom