Shrooooms

Purple-Days

That video was a typical 'drugs are bad' pseudo documentary. Have a scientist talking about science and real research then voice-over a narration that isn't about science but about an agenda.

Compare the good vs. the bad. One word for the good... sublime.

Hundreds of words describing 'the hell' of hallucination, and the typical OD story, "I felt myself dying...".

You are supposed to feel that way dammit! ... It's called Ego Death.

What a load of pseudo-crap, but typical. More War on Drugs. :rolleyes:

Haha wrote mine while you posted that ^^^.

Purple-Days,

aero18

vaporist
Purple-Days said:
That video was a typical 'drugs are bad' pseudo documentary. Have a scientist talking about science and real research then voice-over a narration that isn't about science but about an agenda.

Compare the good vs. the bad. One word for the good... sublime.

Hundreds of words describing 'the hell' of hallucination, and the typical OD story, "I felt myself dying...".

You are supposed to feel that way dammit! ... It's called Ego Death.

What a load of pseudo-crap, but typical. More War on Drugs. :rolleyes:

Haha wrote mine while you posted that ^^^.
People take whatever they want from it. Some people just "want to get fucked up" and don't really embrace what you could get out of it.

Ego death is certainly something that can teach you a lot about life and yourself.

aero18,

Purple-Days

I've never posted against anyone getting "fucked up". I'm all for civil liberty. Some things aren't for me but, might be for you. That's fine by me and I think you should have a right to do whatever you want to your body. :2c:

But, there is so much info out there, most on the WoD side, that sorting the truth is difficult. The 'all drugs are bad' track is just so worn it's nearly laughable.

I don't recommend for or against 'shrooms' or any other 'drug'. But I will speak up and suggest someone know what he is ingesting, and what the truth is about the substance, no matter what it is.

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I know alot of it is from the drug war... part i was interested in is the research into what it does too the brain.... it does the same thing chemically too everyone exactly the same, yet each person gets a totally different experience... that is the part I found interesting.
if you remove the girl talking about a bad trip, some actual interesting information discussed

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Hmmm. I didn't really see anything new, (to me anyway) other than some colored CGI brain scans. Normal brain scans are colorful too BTW.

I've known Serotonin and neuro-transmitters were involved since 70s. And it wasn't the girl, though they used her as the springboard, who was emphasising 'the trip from hell' and 'just one dose can make you a lifetime slobbering psychotic' (sorry, para re-phrasing).

The pseudo-science/documentarys just turn me off. It had an agenda. It was National Geographic. :2c:

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
The colored brain scans are the part I am talking about. in terms of parts of brain stimulation and chemicals, each brain reacts exactly the same way... but each persons experience is not the same. Despite the fact that physically they are reacting identically to other people who have used
Forget all the stuff about the bad trip which is over half the vid.
the interesting stuff is the brain scan and the study involved in generating that brain scan.

an example of a drug where each person really has a different take on how it affects them.

when you get high off of weed you can make the assumption that others who smoke or vape get a similar experience... but when you trip, your not really sure that other people experience it the way you do from how they describe it..

however like most things, there are little nuggets hidden within the propaganda... normally overshadowed by the propaganda itself... in this case they decided to introduce some ideas and then completely move your focus off of that info with the drawn out segment on the girl having a bad trip. there is always an agenda in these kinds of films and the likes, gotta filter out the BS and lock onto the facts...

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

I believe I see what you are saying, you run program X and expect the same results out of every run of the program.

But pharmacology isn't that way. It's not simple math, or a computer program.

This isn't the first chemical to get varied results.

Seems like there are plenty of drugs, legal ones, that help lots of folks, and flat out kill others, at the same dose and expected theraputic outcome. If they spent half the time trying to freak people out about the real hazards of Pharmaceutical meds, that are prescribed by the millions of doses and kill thousands each year. That they do with relatively harmless drugs like acid, shrooms and weed...

And we won't mention alcohol or tobacco. :uhoh:

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Purple-Days said:
Seems like there are plenty of drugs, legal ones, that help lots of folks, and flat out kill others, at the same dose and expected theraputic outcome. If they spent half the time trying to freak people out about the real hazards of Pharmaceutical meds, that are prescribed by the millions of doses and kill thousands each year. That they do with relatively harmless drugs like acid, shrooms and weed...

And we won't mention alcohol or tobacco. :uhoh:
and it also seems they dont put as much effort into the harder illegal drugs as they do weed and hallucinogens.
Seems like the things that cant kill you are much worse and more evil than the ones that plague our society.....
and everything else that can kill you will be taken care later.... so much later that they havent even thought about it.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Yes. It's much easier and WAY safer to bust a weed head or tripper, than a cranked out PCP cooker with a few AKs.

And big money can buy protection. Just ask Budweiser.

Purple-Days,

Trixer

Ive always been way to scared to try picking them, I don't know really how to identify the ones that grow in my area (south bama, and im sure there's a lot of them) and I knew someone who died from eating a little brown look alike, so I just can go romping through a cow field picking lbms and eating them like they should go on my pizza... .even though I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to.

I would also recommend the PF tech, its pretty good also though if your seriously new to it, you can get them in grow bags ready to go so all you got to do is think about fruiting.

Trixer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I would agree that it is a BAD IDEA to try to hunt for LBMs (Little Brown Mushrooms) unless you are TRAINED and you get a sporeprint from the shroom and CORRECTLY identify it.

Ive had people I know that went out hunting for shrooms before and misidentified/consumed poisonous mushrooms. Needless to say they are looking for a liver transplant now... Grow em yourself, its easy and you are all but guaranteed whichever strain you are looking for.

Also - Cubes are fun, but Pan Cyans are the bees knees :brow:

AGBeer,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Getting syringes for growing, about to try my first grow project with shrooms. All P. cube, heard they are the easiest to cultivate. Going with the Cambodian's, heard they are very resistant to contaminants and pack a fair punch. Not a first time shroomer, but excited for the first time of using my own home grown :D, I'll keep an update of progress, maybe a few pics if I ever get a camera.

The_Other_Shoe,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Great the other shoe. I'm very interested in trying this, probably is going to be my next little project. Will be great to hear how you get on.

Happycamper,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
growing shrooms is simple and fun. :)

edit: i dont know if anyone has posted it yet, but there is a shit ton of good info for shroom cultivation from shroomery.org and i have always ordered my spores from ralphstersspores.com

hope this helps. :peace:

illadelph,

reece

illadelph said:
growing shrooms is simple and fun. :)

edit: i dont know if anyone has posted it yet, but there is a shit ton of good info for shroom cultivation from shroomery.org and i have always ordered my spores from ralpstersspores.com

hope this helps. :peace:
How long has it been since you ordered from there? Doesn't seem to exist anymore.

edit: OK it was a typo.

http://www.ralphstersspores.com/

reece,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Thanks for the link Illadelph, but I currently reside in CA and sites just won't ship to me, so I had to be a little crafty :p, anyways, getting 4 syringes, B+, Wollongong (australia [i believe]), Golden Teacher, and Tapalpa. Hopefully the project goes well and I can enjoy by spring break which for me is march 29 i believe if it goes awry, oh well, might just have to buy some :/.

HC, if you get yours going, we may have to swap some tips hehe.

And yes, Tek's that I have read from shroomery.org and throughout the internet have provided me with tons of knowledge, it's like buying a vape and coming here, I have been doing all my research :D.

The_Other_Shoe,
Top Bottom