Shrooooms

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hey Devo - congrats on your cold turkey quits! I do believe in the power of suggestion ;)

Oh man... I haven't done shrooms since.... Ummm, I think it was summer of 1989 but I always enjoyed the trips! Did way too many that summer though and haven't looked back!

Edited by the grammar police!

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
lo said:
Hey Devo - congrats on your cold turkey quits! I do believe in the power of suggestion ;)

Oh man... I haven't done shrooms since.... Ummm, I think it was summer of 1989 but I always enjoyed the trips! Did way too many that summer though and haven't looked back!

Edited by the grammar police!
thanks. its was actually my 3 year anniversary two days ago. I was a total raging alcoholic... hundreds of dollars thrown down the drain each week...
wish i had discovered the weed before the booze.. i didnt try weed until I was diagnosed with glaucoma. Before that I was very anti weed.
but surprisingly I was all for doing shrooms back then.
the fact that shrooms helped me with my two biggest addictions has kind of giving it an almost sacred status in my eyes.

DevoTheStrange,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
how do you know which ones are safe to eat or even give you an effect?

DeepFried,

Frickr

DeepFried said:
how do you know which ones are safe to eat or even give you an effect?
thats a good question, lots of places have books of the types of fungis in your area. you have to know what your looking for, some varieties can be very posionous, others are editable, while a few are hucigenic. the best way to know what your getting, and ensure safety is to grow them yourself with a syringe or spore print obtainable many places.

if you are chooosing to go pick your own, i would research heavily on the topic, find out what ones you have in your area, or if you know someone that is smart with these things, ask them to show you the differances and what to look for.

mushrooms arent something to be taken lightly, if you eat the wrong ones you will get very sick. so know what to look for before you go hunting, theres alot of material online if your intrested in finding out more.

Frickr,

VapoFish

Chubba said:
when you walk into your kitchen and the toaster is 5x the size of the fridge, all the walls breathing, the entire floor is a giant kaleidoscope, you can "see" the air (its more impressive then it sounds)... just all round good fun.
Interesting. I've experienced similar to this on acid, but never on shrooms.

I'm not the shroomster I once was, but every time my trips were very mellow when compared with acid. Intensified color, some distortion but mainly it was a mind bending ride. Common concepts became abstract and open for new interpretation.

:peace:

VapoFish,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
VapoFish said:
Chubba said:
when you walk into your kitchen and the toaster is 5x the size of the fridge, all the walls breathing, the entire floor is a giant kaleidoscope, you can "see" the air (its more impressive then it sounds)... just all round good fun.
Interesting. I've experienced similar to this on acid, but never on shrooms.

I'm not the shroomster I once was, but every time my trips were very mellow when compared with acid. Intensified color, some distortion but mainly it was a mind bending ride. Common concepts became abstract and open for new interpretation.

:peace:
a few years back I had some shrooms that came from south america... was the most intense trip ive ever taken, stronger than LSD. and I only took a tiny bit. the only part that sucked was puking up orange foamy stuff.

DevoTheStrange,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
VapoFish said:
DevoTheStrange said:
orange foamy stuff.
:uhoh:

Man, the things we ingest (myself included)!

Sounds like an interesting time.
hah.. sounds similar too something I said after I smoked salvia for the first time.... that stuff I don't like....

DevoTheStrange,

VapoFish

Yeah, have done some reading about salvia. I am on the fence as to whether or not I'll give it a try.

All this talk about shrooms, etc. brings me back to my early college days, when I was first introduced to Carlos Casteneda books. It's been a long time since I've read them. Don Juan is beckoning ... think I'll re-read the series.

VapoFish,

bcleez

Mush is great but no comparison to LSD. If you going to do LSD though I think it is pointless to just take 1 hit, you should always do 2 or more. If your going in, its better to go all in.

It's funny, at this point in my life you could not pay me to take a psych, but when I was younger I couldn't get enough of it. Just the thought of it brings anxiety.

Another crazy trip: 5-meo-dipt

bcleez,

VapoFish

I'm with you to a degree bcleez. Didn't touch psychs for years until my gf brought some shrooms home last year. It was a great time and something I'd like to do again on a semi-annual basis.

VapoFish,

Purple-Days

Yep, you need to know what you are looking for or you can be in deep trouble.

There is a variety of white Amanita 'The Destroying Angel" that makes you a little sick, then you start feeling better, about three days in the cell wall of your corpuscles (red blood cells) start to break down. Nothing they can do for you. You die.

That said, there are lots of edible and very tasty mushrooms out there. Chantrelles and other exotics go for good bucks and there are mushroom buyers around here who set up stands buy locally collected shrooms for cash.

The psychoactive species are pretty easy to identify if you know what you are looking at. But that includes lots of identifying points, like gill attachment, spacing, spore color and shape (microscopic inspection), and other tiny details... not just habitat, size, shape, and color. There are some species that look very similar, one pychoactive the look-alike makes you sick. Some species are very distinct and un-mistakeable. A good field guide or better, several good guides are invaluable. A mentor is even better, but bring the field guide along and learn. :2c:

Here is a link to a Shroom expert.:o
www.fungi.com

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Anyone in here see the movie Shrooms? its a horror movie about a bunch of kids who go out into the woods and dose some shrooms, and after they start too hit each one of the kids start too be killed off one by one...

DevoTheStrange,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Damn that movie sounds fucked up. Talk about a bad trip.

You can also do spore pints when identifying mushrooms. the shrooms I pick have unmistakably purple spores and I think a lot of other actives do as well. The only way to find them is going picking with someone who has before. Once you see one picked in person and know it's right you're set for life.

Tom I've heard you're supposed to cook amanitas and then they're fine to eat and trip out on.

bluntfaced,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
bluntfaced said:
Damn that movie sounds fucked up. Talk about a bad trip.

You can also do spore pints when identifying mushrooms. the shrooms I pick have unmistakably purple spores and I think a lot of other actives do as well. The only way to find them is going picking with someone who has before. Once you see one picked in person and know it's right you're set for life.

Tom I've heard you're supposed to cook amanitas and then they're fine to eat and trip out on.
yeah check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHhwiT6eedc. . . bet if no one has taken shrooms and watches this movie will think twice about experimenting with them.. heh.

DevoTheStrange,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Haha that looks so ridiculous.

I like te part where he's talking about the extreme sexual experiences :rolleyes:

bluntfaced,

Purple-Days

Please, never use the term 'I think' with mushrooms. Say 'I know' or find out for sure. :2c:

Purple (or whatever color) spore prints, along with other identifiers indicate species. A purple spore print alone does not identify a variety as psychedelic, or even safe. And varieties vary depending on region of the country. Not everybody hunts Psylocybe mushrooms to find psylocybin.

There are lots of Amanitas, some deadly, some trippy. Boiling won't change the species and if it's a deadl;y ... well.

The two varieties I can think of and there may be others, are Amanita muscaria and pantherina (check spelling) The muscaria is the variety that we all see in drawings, white stem bright red cap with white flakes on the cap (remnants of the veil, which can also be seen as a ring around the stem, called an annulus (I think... haha... find out ;) ). This is the variety the Berserkers used before battle. It contains muscarine??? and others, as the active ingredient, not psilocybin or psylocin like the 'normal' trippy shrooms. The pantherina looks similar to muscari, also called Fly Agaric, but they are a lighter yellowish fawn color. Same actives though.

Boiling is not required, they may be eaten raw or cooked, but should certainly be used with great caution. The Muscarine or one of the other actives is damaging to the liver. So don't say you were never warned !!!

Purple-Days,

bcleez

I think this should fall under the... "I am not going to die to get high" category.

There is just so much room for error when picking wild mushrooms. And that room is a horrible death, sure you may "trip" but the trip is really you dying.

I have seen the books with pictures and even if I was in the wilderness with a picture perfect match, I don't think I could do it.

I agree with Tom, if your going to go out and harvest you better have some one who knows with you. (BTW let them eat if first)

bcleez,

aero18

vaporist
bcleez said:
I think this should fall under the... "I am not going to die to get high" category.

There is just so much room for error when picking wild mushrooms. And that room is a horrible death, sure you may "trip" but the trip is really you dying.

I have seen the books with pictures and even if I was in the wilderness with a picture perfect match, I don't think I could do it.

I agree with Tom, if your going to go out and harvest you better have some one who knows with you. (BTW let them eat if first)
Hallucinating is not getting high. You can always go for certain species that are more distinct than others and feel more assured after studying it and ones that look similar to it.

aero18,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Purple-Days said:
There are lots of Amanitas, some deadly, some trippy. Boiling won't change the species and if it's a deadl;y ... well.

The two varieties I can think of and there may be others, are Amanita muscaria and pantherina (check spelling) The muscaria is the variety that we all see in drawings, white stem bright red cap with white flakes on the cap (remnants of the veil, which can also be seen as a ring around the stem, called an annulus (I think... haha... find out ;) ). This is the variety the Berserkers used before battle. It contains muscarine??? and others, as the active ingredient, not psilocybin or psylocin like the 'normal' trippy shrooms. The pantherina looks similar to muscari, also called Fly Agaric, but they are a lighter yellowish fawn color. Same actives though.

Boiling is not required, they may be eaten raw or cooked, but should certainly be used with great caution. The Muscarine or one of the other actives is damaging to the liver. So don't say you were never warned !!!
This I believe is the Amanita muscaria formosa, found in Ohio..pic by me. I'm a big shroom hunter.. with my camera. Unless it's morels, and there's lots of them- I never pick. So many look so similar. Amanita is a huge and one of the prettiest genus of shrooms.

2vjc19z.jpg

I'd grow the fun ones without hesitation. Liked LSD when I was younger, love shrooms now- as long as I can trip in a cabin, surrounded by woods, no phone.. and it has to have a hot tub. I get chilly coming down from a nice ride.

indigal,

Purple-Days

Yep, those look like the pantherina, which was likely a mis-identification at the time, or possibly the same but reclassified/better classified. I was in Ohio myself when spotting them, though that's not what I was in the forest for, never touched an Amanita.

MMMMM... morels.. the best.

Aero18 says,"Hallucinating is not getting high." I guess he will explain that, soon.

Purple-Days,

tuttle

The only mushroom I will ever pick and eat are puffballs and chanterelles (neither are here in So CA, but when I visit my folks in NH). My dad is a mushroom guy (just for the eating, not for the tripping) and he has relayed way to many horror stories of mistaken identifications for me to every branch out from my two easy finds.

tuttle,

reece

Purple-Days said:
Aero18 says,"Hallucinating is not getting high." I guess he will explain that, soon.
:lol:

I'll bet he came up with the rationale while hallucinating.

Ah, tripping balls. I miss it. Especially day trips, by myself walking around the city. Can't wait to get the kids out of the house. Only 17 years (at least) to go.

reece,

VapoFish

reece, I know where you're at. I'm free now, but put in my time. :ko:

Now it's time for trippin'.

:D

VapoFish,
Top Bottom