Shrooooms

xaustinx

The_Other_Shoe said:
And yes, Tek's that I have read from shroomery.org and throughout the internet have provided me with tons of knowledge, it's like buying a vape and coming here, I have been doing all my research :D.
I read over that stuff too, looks pretty interesting, Ive got exp. with mary but this is a whole 'nother kingdom

Researching a new hobby is the most fun part of it for me, you just learn so much because its all brand new

xaustinx,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I agree 100% austin. There is nothing like trying to grow or build or do something that is completely new to oneself, at least if that person enjoys hobbies and being out of their personal comfort zone... Which sums me up pretty well hence the mind altering substances :lol:.

The_Other_Shoe,

Purple-Days

Folks, lets not get the thread canceled. But, at this point, I would be OK with that.

Please do not post Ps grow pics, or grow info here.

If MJ grow info is not welcome (though the plant is legal in some jurisdictions) how the hell is THIS OK ?

Purple-Days,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
It was only a suggestion but in light of your post that makes sense. I wouldn't even have any decent pics for about another month or more, but true, probably not smart :lol:. (Your product Tom, helped me not be in the right frame of mind when talking about those pics :ko:) Anyways, back on topic hopefully.

The_Other_Shoe,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Yes, seriously - if you want to post your grow logs and such take them to a GL friendly site. *cough*shroomery.org*cough* They would be more than happy to share that with you.

It sucks in a sense because having discovered the joys of vaping and its many benefits has desentitized a good many of us to the fact that what many of us do is still 'questionable' if not downright illegal. Having a place to discuss it here is a nice luxury, but even then the envelope gets pushed a bit. I agree with the majority that we *should* be able to run our own harvests of things natrually (hell, I brew beer) within the confines of our own homes, but its just not the way that it is. :(

AGBeer,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Well, trying to stay clear of any unwanted posts, I would just like to say my "gardening" is underway and there is no mold, yet... staying hopeful.

The_Other_Shoe,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
The_Other_Shoe said:
Well, trying to stay clear of any unwanted posts, I would just like to say my "gardening" is underway and there is no mold, yet... staying hopeful.
Another thing you can do is keep a bottle of Water/Hydrogen Peroxide near by. This comes in handy for dealing with the 'cobweb mold' that chances are you will encounter once your mycellium(sp) starts covering your trays. It wont do shit for the greenie meanies - you will basically be SOL if you see the greenies.

Good luck with your grow!

P.S. The toughest part is the wait and not 'nuking it' Nature has been doing this for EONS (or something) dont rush it, and dont stress it ;)

AGBeer,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Well, I have them at 78-80 degrees, I heard that 86 is optimum and 80 is good then diminishing returns and so forth, I didn't want it too hot so somewhere around there. How long would it take to grow mold if it were to be contaminated in the jars, that's what's worrying me the most. I can manage the wait too, I waited for a PD didn't I? :lol:.

The_Other_Shoe,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Depends - are you using the PFtek or Birdseed? PFTek it would take longer to notice as ALL of the verm/BRF needs to be consumed and you might not see an infection on the innards of it. The birdseed tek you are encouraged to shake them every few days or so (unless they are pan cyans) you can usually spot an infection on the birseed quicker.

Honestly, the ONLY infections I have seen when they are still in jars was when I did a slapstick myco transfer into a used syringe. I got a little lazy, and it came back to bite me in the form of a black mold.
Those jars were toast needless to say ;)

AGBeer,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I went with birdseed, i felt the PF was a little strange for my sense. Thanks for the advice, I boiled everything pretty well and alcohol on the needle before hand. No glove box which i didn't think I needed because when I inoculated, my jars were sealed in a sterilized bag. I'm thinking because each syringe has about half left, do a bunch of tiny jars to finish off what I have considering there is lots of room in my makeshift incubation chamber and I still have a bunch of birdseed left, the only reason it would be in smaller jars is because I would be able to sterilize more of them easier. I just want to wait and see how these ones do first. the syringes are being kept in sterile bags in the fridge at the moment. So, I am hoping for the best in the meantime, and I did read about shaking them to get the myco everywhere on all the birdseed. Honestly, this is the most excited I have been since receiving the PD. The wait, oh god, the brutal wait :ko:.

I decided I would check on them on a 3 day interval, to observe any changes and to give them a nice little love shake. Also, it keeps me from getting overly attentive to them. I do check the incubation chamber temp reading about every 3 hours when I enter or leave my room, just to make sure nothing goes haywire. Furthest deviation has been 79.1 on the low and 81.3 on the high, but I just want everything to be perfect you know?

The_Other_Shoe,

jofroxp

hey other shoe, what did you use as your light? did you use any lighting to make up for heat, or just for direction?

jofroxp,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
be generous with your fanning. at least once every 4 or so hours. that is when you're fruiting. ;)

illadelph,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Not quite to the fruiting stage yet, and my heat will probably be around a constant 70, if that is a bit low I might try to bring it up just a tad with the light, my main idea was to have a light just for directional purposes.

The_Other_Shoe,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
The_Other_Shoe said:
I went with birdseed, i felt the PF was a little strange for my sense. Thanks for the advice, I boiled everything pretty well and alcohol on the needle before hand. No glove box which i didn't think I needed because when I inoculated, my jars were sealed in a sterilized bag. I'm thinking because each syringe has about half left, do a bunch of tiny jars to finish off what I have considering there is lots of room in my makeshift incubation chamber and I still have a bunch of birdseed left, the only reason it would be in smaller jars is because I would be able to sterilize more of them easier. I just want to wait and see how these ones do first. the syringes are being kept in sterile bags in the fridge at the moment. So, I am hoping for the best in the meantime, and I did read about shaking them to get the myco everywhere on all the birdseed. Honestly, this is the most excited I have been since receiving the PD. The wait, oh god, the brutal wait :ko:.

I decided I would check on them on a 3 day interval, to observe any changes and to give them a nice little love shake. Also, it keeps me from getting overly attentive to them. I do check the incubation chamber temp reading about every 3 hours when I enter or leave my room, just to make sure nothing goes haywire. Furthest deviation has been 79.1 on the low and 81.3 on the high, but I just want everything to be perfect you know?
After your first couple it will get easier and you will find yourself camping over them less and less. I remember my first batch. Those bastards took so friggin long to FINALLY pin I thought that it was just stuck and didnt want to play nice. Once they took off it was by far one of my largest harvests altogether.

Fun fun! I think I might run another grow or so just to just my skills off. I think I might try some Pan Cyans as they are a little more delicate and harder to grow, but are WAY worth the effort ;)

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
illadelph said:
are pan cyans more potent? i want me some blue mushies.
Think of it like this -

Your regular run of the mill Cubes are comparable to the upper level Mexi-Brick that is readily available here.

Pan Cyans would be the med-grade that knocks your socks off with so much less.

(Amanita Muscaria would be like Salvia - not used for tripping as much as spirituality)

Your Pans while more potent, require a wee bit more care when growing and a tech differs a smidge.
But are well worth it.

AGBeer,

Purple-Days

I came across a pamphlet in the early '70s at a little head shop. Went there many times bought a lot of neat stuff.

It was about mass production without fruiting. Apparently you can cultivate the mycellum in a Potato / Dextrose / Yeast broth (after isolation and crossing). The mycellum is supposed to contain as much actives as the fruiting body. This method grew out the mycellum (which converts the sugars and starches in the broth) into mass and active ingredients. Harvest consisted of straining the mass, drying it, then extraction with alcohol. A sort of purple-dragon fluid (not purple but you know what I mean). Call it what you like. This stuff could then be dried (caution it's flamable) leaving a high % of the two actives as a crystal powder. This could then be...

Don't ask, I know nothing more... :cool:

Purple-Days,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
haha, very coy there Tom.

Anyways, I was just wondering about the timetables on growing. Just as an update, it has been a little over a week incubating and there is a little mycelium growth and now mold, yet, **crosses fingers**. I was just wondering for all the others out there who have participated in cultivation, what figures in how long it took after inoculation to colonize and then how long after switching to a fruiting substrate how long it took?

The_Other_Shoe,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
That depends - I would say you are looking at 3 weeks minimum before you get any fruiting bodies. You are using the birdseed tek right? You are going to have to bulk spawn your mycellum to Hpoo or straw (or some other sort of substrate) wait for that to be taken over by the mycellum, THEN case it, wait a couple more days, patch the casing and start the light/humidity regimen. For me, it got to the point of where I waited SO long I thought something was wrong. About the time I came close to giving up, those fuckers were popping up so much I didnt know what to do!

AGBeer,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
once you pop., the fun dont stop. usually takes me up to a month to colonize nice fluffy white mycelium. of course i cant find widemouth half pint jars so ive been using full pint jars which probably takes considerably longer to colonize. once colonized, you can fruit the cakes in less than a week or case (IMO more effective and efficient) which takes more time and care but it worth it for the yield.
:2c:

illadelph,
Top Bottom