• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

RezBlock /Cranberry Extract

Assuming its safe, would you vape through anything other than water if it offered some benefit?

• Total voters

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I've used distilled while vaping, for a while. Its 88c a gallon here. Not for cleaning though. Since the RezBlock is keeping the other parts continually, the water deposits are amplified by the contest. Makes them more noticeable.

BigDaddyVapor,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
img1384mv.jpg

Nothing more than water, cranberry extract, glycerin & citric acid for theses since I started the experience and they are still amazingly bright. I let you judge.
I change the solution everyday and I will continue to do so. I like it fresh. It could serve longer tho.

After some R&D I finally found a good recipe. This is for 250ml of water, what I need to fill my two pieces. Eau = Water

23660825.png

Edit : I found a sprayable solution who literally kill nasty odors inside the piece while removing up to come stains without even need for a rinse. 250 water / 10 citric acid / 10 glycerin. I may have been too generous on the glycerin tho. More to come. I do a quick spray when I smell anything bad and when I dump the solution I spray generously before rinse. It costs almost nothing and complements well the solution.
You can do the windows or the mirrors with it, even the exterior surface of your bong. It gives a nice shiny finish and prevents fog and stuff from sticking

Edit 2 : I also ordered a 300W infrared lamp so I can easily heat up my pieces to 36°C top to bottom. I already have my iso normed infrared thermometer to precisely check that and I think its the final step to completely f*ck resin. Hotter surface = less condensation. Hit a cold piece and you have a weak hit (that could earn his own topic)

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
img1384mv.jpg

Nothing more than water, cranberry extract, glycerin & citric acid for theses since I started the experience and they are still amazingly bright. I let you judge (;
I change the solution everyday and I will continue to do so. I like it fresh. It could serve longer tho.

After some R&D I finally found a good recipe. This is for 250ml of water, what I need to fill my two pieces. Eau = Water

17447736.png
Roger, fantastic research and results, ehhh . . . Cest magnifique!!! :tup: Merci beaucoup mon ami :clap:

t-dub,
Reactions: Roger D

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The microwave works by exciting water molecules, making them bump into each other, thus creating heat. Usually its the food that heats the plate in a microwave, you don't want the other actually. So microwaving empty glass would probably not be a good thing. Maybe a hair dryer or heat gun with an adapter to flush hot air through your piece?

t-dub,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I never had a microwave, I never liked these

Edit 2 : I also ordered a 300W infrared lamp so I can easily heat up my pieces to 36°C top to bottom. I already have my iso normed infrared thermometer to precisely check that and I think its the final step to completely f*ck resin. Hotter surface = less condensation. Hit a cold piece and you have a weak hit (that could earn his own topic)

I don't know if you guys saw that.

You have to think about the temperature of the whole air path as a huge variable when you talk vapor.

Actually drinking a used solution. All theses ingredients are supposed good for health so I'm giving it a try. In small quantity citric acid help dissolves kidney stones, glycerin hydrates, and cranberry protects urinary tract. Taste is acid but not bad. Like If I had sprinkled lemon juice but with cannabis cranberry taste

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Does this stuff stop the resin buildup by eliminating the resin (thus making the hits tronger) or by suspending the resin in the solution and not letting it stick to the glass?

I figure it either makes your hits better or makes drinking the leftovers better...which is it?

stickstones,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Does this stuff stop the resin buildup by eliminating the resin (thus making the hits tronger) or by suspending the resin in the solution and not letting it stick to the glass?

I figure it either makes your hits better or makes drinking the leftovers better...which is it?
Suspension I believe. I ran about 5 trenches through my little can with my LB and I noticed there was build-up of resin on the inside walls of my piece... but they wash off. I shook the water inside a bit and it didn't stick to the walls. Poured out the RezBlock, rinsed it with water, and it was impressively clean. But I did notice the resin in the water, floating around. And I don't think you want to be drinking the leftovers... the RezBlock I'm using (the green bottle non-concentrated stuff) has salt in it. About as salty as ocean water I'd say...

Also forgot to mention that the $6.99 I paid for the RezBlock is well-worth it in my case. I only need 2.5ml of it due to the small water content!

Quetzalcoatl,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The new concentrate, cranberry, works way better than the old (I did drink it btw, pre vape nice :) post vape :disgust: a definite "grassy" flavor was imparted to the solution but it didn't taste like an ashtray, that comes as more of a smell when changing really spent solution) but the primary mechanism is anti bio-adhesion, and then suspension secondary. I honestly don't think there is any loss of potency vs any other type of liquid filtration, in fact, I notice LESS vapor residue in the top of my Evolver HydraCirtc than before.

vape4life

Banned for life
The microwave works by exciting water molecules, making them bump into each other, thus creating heat. Usually its the food that heats the plate in a microwave, you don't want the other actually. So microwaving empty glass would probably not be a good thing. Maybe a hair dryer or heat gun with an adapter to flush hot air through your piece?

you're right, not sure what i was thinking lol Hmmmm, oven...?

vape4life,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
While I still get buildup, which is pretty much agitated away to a cloudy substance... its far less than without the RezBlock.

BigDaddyVapor,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The new concentrate, cranberry, works way better than the old (I did drink it btw, pre vape nice :) post vape :disgust: a definite "grassy" flavor was imparted to the solution but it didn't taste like an ashtray, that comes as more of a smell when changing really spent solution) but the primary mechanism is anti bio-adhesion, and then suspension secondary. I honestly don't think there is any loss of potency vs any other type of liquid filtration, in fact, I notice LESS vapor residue in the top of my Evolver HydraCirtc than before.

so where is it going?

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
roger...so you are of the opinion that this stuff makes the hits more potent by passing the actives through to the user and not suspending them in the solution?

stickstones,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I concur, with what Roger is saying. Wasn't looking for, nor even thinking about it. Since I've been using the RezBlock, my consumption has gone down. I haven't needed to medicate as often. Not Earth-shattering savings. But its been significant enough, for me to notice. I even setup a small test between my Box (which always gets me medicated with two good pulls). Still getting the same results with it.

My HI, I would always vape at least two tubes. Always. I wouldn't ever leave a tube unfinished. Never.

I'm not even finishing my first load, sometimes. If its later, instead of the 2 or 3, I might vape in the evening... its 1 or 2. The other day, I realized I went the entire day, only medicating twice.

I didn't say anything, because I thought my medical condition, tolerance, whatever was just acting weird. But, it definitely correlates to me using the RezBlock.

lwien

Is there ANY health concern in inhaling vapor run through plain water versus RezBlock especially if one uses very warm water?

lwien,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
As per my OP, there is a "possibility" that if we are doing a fundamental emulsification on our essential oils as we moisture condition them, it is not outside the realm of possibility, that this might, and I say might, and I have NO evidence to support this, but it just might reduce the particle size which could effect lung absorption.
Is there ANY health concern in inhaling vapor run through plain water versus RezBlock especially if one uses very warm water?
No, its scientific cranberry juice :)

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
ok my friend for you, and only you ;)

From the manufacturer's brochure of CystiCran:
Proanthocyanidins (PACs) are a class of biologically active flavonoids found throughout the plant kingdom, and are one of the most potent antioxidants in nature. Typically concentrated in the bark of trees and in the outer shells of fruits and seeds, proanthocyanidins serve to protect plants against oxidative elements such as oxygen and sunshine. PACs are the phytochemical responsible for many of the health benefits associated with cranberries. Science has shown that cranberries contain unique A-type PACs, seldom found elsewhere in nature, that provide bacterial anti-adhesive properties and help promote urinary tract, gastrointestinal, and oral health. PACs are the "power of the cranberry." Not all PACs are the same. Though many plant sources contain PACs, a recent study entitled "A-type Cranberry Proanthocyanidins and Uropathogenic Bacterial Anti-Adhesion Activity" Neto, et. al., and published in Phytochemistry (2005) has shown that North American cranberry A-link PACs are the only PACs that provide bacterial anti-adhesion activity.
http://www.decasbotanical.com/documents/CystiCran Overview Rev 3 0.pdf

As you can see, the anti bio-adhesion properties that allow cranberry to teat UI infections are being utilized here. This bio-slipperyness of the type A PACs (only found in cranberry) is what makes it possible to cure a UI infection without antibiotics. The bad guys simply flush away because they can't stick to anything. Look for all sorts of new products coming out that utilize proanthocyanidins.

http://m.newhope360.com/news/cott-beverages-licenses-rutgers-cranberry-anti-adhesion-patents

For years, cranberries have been associated with maintenance of urinary tract health, but the mechanism was thought to be due to the acidity of the fruit. The Rutgers team isolated and identified a type of condensed tannin called proanthocyanidin (PAC) from cranberries that prevents certain bacteria in the urinary tract, stomach and mouth from adhering to cells in the body. The Rutgers group discovered that this bacterial anti-adhesion effect was unique to cranberries and may be due to the presence of unusual "A-type" bonds found in their PAC molecules. Rutgers researchers have been able to isolate these Cranberry PACs from the most highly concentrated sources, resulting in a product with high potency, stability and efficacy.

According to patent co-inventor Dr. Amy B. Howell, "These natural PACs with A-type bonds found in cranberries have the ability to keep certain bacteria from sticking to cells. This inhibits the bacteria from growing and causing infection." Dr. Howell continued, "Unlike antibiotics, the PACs don't kill the bacteria so there is no build-up of bacterial-resistant populations. They work in a natural way to prevent bacterial adhesion."
Edit: So the difference between this and regular cranberry juice is this is scientifically selected, purified, concentrated, and preserved with no sugar :tup:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
*Warning: Bandwidth Hog/Detail Pictures Loading*

So two different sets of pictures, with the DR... which typically gathers a LOT of surface pooh (I'm keeping my scientific name) and also gathers the big globules in the water, floating around the perc.

The first set, was taken later in the day after 3 tubes in the morning and another 2, then... pics. The second set, 2 roasting tubes later.

First however... this is the roast I'm typically doing/like. Heat Island, 10mm roasting tube sans nipple (some 14mm GonG). Voltage 11.5VDC

20130116_164253.jpg

Onto the Build-up.

Post Roasting Tube #5

20130116_145303.jpg

20130116_145202.jpg

20130116_145116.jpg

20130116_145037.jpg

20130116_144930.jpg

Post Roasting Tube #7

20130116_163342.jpg

20130116_163558.jpg

20130116_163355.jpg

20130116_163409.jpg

20130116_163447.jpg

20130116_163503.jpg

20130116_163515.jpg

20130116_163537.jpg

That's my story... and I'm sticking to it!

BigDaddyVapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I happen to love your scientific name of vape pooh. :lol:

Do you find that there's less than there used to be? Or just that it cleans away easier?

momofthegoons,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I concur, with what Roger is saying. Wasn't looking for, nor even thinking about it. Since I've been using the RezBlock, my consumption has gone down. I haven't needed to medicate as often. Not Earth-shattering savings. But its been significant enough, for me to notice. I even setup a small test between my Box (which always gets me medicated with two good pulls). Still getting the same results with it.

My HI, I would always vape at least two tubes. Always. I wouldn't ever leave a tube unfinished. Never.

I'm not even finishing my first load, sometimes. If its later, instead of the 2 or 3, I might vape in the evening... its 1 or 2. The other day, I realized I went the entire day, only medicating twice.

I didn't say anything, because I thought my medical condition, tolerance, whatever was just acting weird. But, it definitely correlates to me using the RezBlock.

I experience the same stuff you describe with all the details :o
The vapor who doesn't stick definitely gets in our lungs

Roger D,
Top Bottom