• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

RezBlock /Cranberry Extract

Assuming its safe, would you vape through anything other than water if it offered some benefit?

• Total voters

FrogBoy138

The reviews look good so far I guess. I need to try the Pink as well before things get to out of hand. I'm thankful to anyone that took the dive to help the masses on this one.

FrogBoy138,
wth BDV, you reading my mind or something. I totally thought you'd do almost that whole video with the DR.

Do you think you could filter out the particulate/murkiness of what's currently in your LevFC - or just better to start fresh? Also, does the Rezblock take on the spent herb flavour like water does, or are you saying the taste remains neutral? When you rinse with water, do you save the Rezblock for reuse?

I have to admit, it doesn't look so bad in vids.

edit: btw glad to hear you found your pet duck.

vape4life

Banned for life
I wonder if the rezblock reduces actives more than water? Vito says he notices a big potency difference when using water compared to dry. I'm a little undecided if it does the same for me yet.

Anyone know the best price/place to buy this stuff? Any retailers in Canada or places that ship?

vape4life,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
wth BDV, you reading my mind or something. I totally thought you'd do almost that whole video with the DR.

Do you think you could filter out the particulate/murkiness of what's currently in your LevFC - or just better to start fresh? Also, does the Rezblock take on the spent herb flavour like water does, or are you saying the taste remains neutral? When you rinse with water, do you save the Rezblock for reuse?

I have to admit, it doesn't look so bad in vids.

edit: btw glad to hear you found your pet duck.

It is all natural, so I suppose you could reclaim. The particulate is really broken down. You can see the globs of pooh forming, but then watch them breaking down. It might make for some interesting oil, or however it dries out.

Personally, I don't find it changing the taste of the vapor at all. Except, it doesn't seem to be as harsh, at the end of loads. The water doesn't really have a taste to it, on dry runs... it just feels a bit heavier on the pull. Not bothersome. Haven't had any desire to try and reuse it. Kind of pointless, its going a long way, with only 2 - 4 drops, for 2 or 3 days of use. The water will hold a bit of smell, especially after a session... but its not really noticeable when you pull it back out.

@$&# that damn duck.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: kingofnull

SD_haze

I wonder if the rezblock reduces actives more than water? Vito says he notices a big potency difference when using water compared to dry. I'm a little undecided if it does the same for me yet.

Anyone know the best price/place to buy this stuff? Any retailers in Canada or places that ship?
You can always pack a good-sized bowl so any marginal loss in the water is offset by the fact that you're getting more than enough vapor anyway :p

John Lewus

Do you have to refrigerate the new concentrate like you have to with the old stuff? My fridge is downstairs so I always found that inconvenient.

John Lewus,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Do you have to refrigerate the new concentrate like you have to with the old stuff? My fridge is downstairs so I always found that inconvenient.
I've got my "hoard" in the fridge but the "in use" bottle stays out on the counter. I left a small amount of mixed solution out on my lab counter, after a couple weeks it may have grown a little something but its hard to tell. Big improvement over the old formula.

t-dub,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Wrote 420 Science to again promote t-dub's thread (I listed the thread in the referral on purchase to), plus show them the video. Got a rapid response earlier. Thought I would share.

Hey John,

Thank you for purchasing from 420 Science. This is so awesome! Really glad to hear you & everyone on this FuckCombustion thread like the new Rez Block Concentrate. This makes us all very happy. We worked really hard on coming up with an improved formula and have gotten a lot of really great feedback so far. We love hearing from customers so thank you for your email. Thanks for sharing the video you made too, I will share it with everyone here.

Please use the coupon code thanks on your next order for a 10% discount and if you're not already a member of our email list you may want to sign up because we run specials all the time. You can sign up here: http://www.420science.com/420science_club.html

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can help you with. Also feel free to share this email address with anyone on the forum that has questions about using/purchasing/storing Rez Block Concentrate or any other 420 Science products.

One last thing I do want to make sure you're aware of & share with any of your friends who are interested in trying Rez Block but might be hesitant - we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our products when they are purchased directly from us. That means if you buy something and find you do not love it, we'll give you a full refund. You can read more about that here: http://www.420science.com/guarantee.html

Best Regards,
Sarah Todd
420 Science
help@420science.com

John Lewus

I signed up for the email list. The next time they have a 2 for 1 I will try out the concentrate.

John Lewus,

scottio19

scotty
Picnik-collage.jpg

Anyone ever thought of using this stuff? It can be used as a food grade preservative, though it has many other uses. For instance, you can gargle a glass of water with 10 drops of this stuff to treat tonsillitis, or you can use it as a daily mouthwash. You can even make a nasal spray from it! It only contains Citridicol (grapefruit seed extract from a specific company that supposedly does not adulterate its extract with synthetic preservatives-33%) and vegetable glycerin-67%.

GSE has been sold in the natural products market for decades. Seems less shady than inhaling vapors from a liquid that you don't know the full ingredients list of.

I'll be the guinea pig and try this out as soon as I get a bong for my dorm. It'd be cool if us FCers could find something to add to the water that stops resin from accumulating. DIY RezBlock!

edit: upon further research, it seems that some people even use this stuff for hydroponics

scottio19,
Reactions: Jeppy

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Seems less shady than inhaling vapors from a liquid that you don't know the full ingredients list of.

I'll be the guinea pig and try this out as soon as I get a bong for my dorm. It'd be cool if us FCers could find something to add to the water that stops resin from accumulating. DIY RezBlock!

edit: upon further research, it seems that some people even use this stuff for hydroponics
Well, we do know the ingredients if you read the thread, I figured out the active ingredient is the anti bio-adhesion properties of the cranberry PACs, type "A" IIRC . . .

The reason this stuff is used in hydro is it keeps mold and other such growth down, I use this (different brand same extract) for growing wheat grass, so my guess is the most you will get from it is a citric acid emulsification, which is cool, but please report back with your results.

t-dub,

scottio19

scotty
Ah, okay. I did read your posts, I was just under the impression that you had an educated hunch and that the manufacturers wouldn't directly list their "secret ingredient" in their research papers or brochures. I am also slightly concerned about the inactive ingredients, which I did not make clear.

please go on about the citric acid emulsification.. you're saying this could be an effect of the GSE? Or are you suggesting the use of citric acid as an emulsifier, like you tried?

scottio19,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Somebody said the 'active' ingredient was 'astro glide'. What say about that?? Is it ok to vape that stuff? :dog:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Slight modification to my findings. With the lower water volume pieces, after 3 days... the water and RezBlock have a definite nasty order to them. Not anything more severe than not changing your water for 3 days. Didn't really notice it, until I dumped the water and got a good whiff.

BigDaddyVapor,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Oh I'm thinking the GSE will be very interesting, you might even get a little bump from some of the bioflavanoids/antioxidants over what I was doing with the pure citric acid. Also, to be clear, I never said the manufacturer admitted anything. However my reading has indicated that only cranberry has the correct type PACs. I think there is a lot to like about the cranberry, I mean, if you are willing to vape through an industrially concentrated grapefruit peel extract, which I assume its made in a similar way to orange oil, then why not a scientifically selected and purified cranberry formula? It seems to me, to have few drawbacks so far, but time and more testing will tell :)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Update on testing.

Quite a learning experience, with the new RezBlock. Some good, some bad.

Bad. It definitely does develop an odor (as previously noted). I was using it in my bubblers, which are enclosed more, than a tube/beaker. Once I switched over to some tubes and smaller pieces, the smell became apparent. Especially when it comes time to clean. Smells like bong water. Ugh.

Good. This is more positive, imo. While RezBlock works... it also exposes improperly/poorly cleaned glass. It will do it rather quickly. Those spots still with a bit of buildup, the RezBlock, won't clean... it just won't allow more buildup. Still, its better than looking at pooh buildup. So the clean spots and the not-clean, still rinse off. You will still have the original stains on the glass, where it wasn't properly cleaned the 1st time.

Bad: Though understandable. I wanted to use a larger piece, for the growth test. I filled the BDV Megatube up, used it a few times... left it sitting in the glass cabinet for 4 days. 4th day... definite growth in water and some green mold/algae buildup starting on the glass. NOTE: Hot water, cleaned it right up.

Nothing that changes my mind, nor would discourage use. The smell, especially on the smaller pieces, is rank... if you stretch it out 3 days. Change it out sooner than that and you should be good.

It won't remove the need to clean your glass, but it shouldn't take more than a soak, if you're hoping to avoid the shaking part of cleaning and you won't have to clean it as often. Just make sure, after your first use with an individual piece, you check to see if spots were missed when cleaning and then give it another once over, paying attention to the spots you missed.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Awesome update BDV, thanks :) When you use regular water do you let it go 3 days? Thats one thing I love about RezBlock is it keeps my water fresh for a whole day, otherwise I must dump after every sesh, so I can quick flush and refill with the morning coffee and wake & vake and be good. I haven't had to use any PBW for almost a week now, so it looks like clean RezBlock in the morning, PBW once a week, I see a system forming . . .

t-dub,
Reactions: Roger D

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Don't ever use regular water, unless I'm at someone's house, but then its going to be tossed in a few hours.

3 days is probably going to be my max and that's only with certain pieces. The smaller volume pieces, don't seem to like more than a couple days.

BigDaddyVapor,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I'm about to test out my home made alternative

.5 cranberry powder // .5 vegetable glycerin // .25 citric acid // 1g distilled water

Edit 2: It putted it in a dropper bottle and it was too diluted. So now I mix in for each fill.

I'm also testing different water/glass temperature. For the moment the best hits I got was from a bong with water and body around 37°c. Seems physiological

EDIT:

img1382km.jpg

1g cranberry / .75 VG / .5 Acid / 160ml water - .4 cranberry / .3 VG / .2 Acid / 50ml water

Hey guys it seems to work !

For the moment the cranberry powder I have is cut with 60% maltodextrin, and is sold at 130e/kg. This is far from the best grade since I need a full gram for my main piece to be red enough for my taste ! Maybe I'm over killing it tho.

I have to call the lab again, to get my b to c transaction. They have the best cranberry extract on the market but its "only for professionals". I'm gonna hang on and call them a lot if I don't get what I want.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hey, Roger D, RD, R and D.

Research and Development! Good work, so far.

Just wanted to follow-up. My recent experiences and the learning process with the RezBlock, has not dotted my opinion. I still love this stuff. I would say, I'm at least partially culpable... as I have been diluting it a bit more, to try and stretch it out. Figured I would try and establish the minimum amount. I'm going to need quite a bit more time, with it, to get it exact.

But, I'm definitely sticking with it. Regardless, it has opened up my glass cabinet to everything, because I hated cleaning prior to this. Now I just soak a piece and grab another, when it needs to be cleaned. I use Simple Green and Purple Power (not the industrial Walmart stuff...specifically for glass this stuff is and a diff company). So its actually got me in a nice rotation now. Each piece I use now, only needs a light weekly cleaning, it appears. Much less bothersome than the old way.

So, they still get a big thumbs up, from me.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I don't think I will load my pieces with straight water again
This is night and day, condensation stains are really light and only occurs at the extremities of the piece (intake and mouthpiece end, where it is cold and water doesn't touch). I'm still on the same mixture since yesterday, I reheat it and filter it to remove particles and get a good warm experience. I has take some kind of taste over bowls but it's not bad like it can be with water.
I'm going to vape a few bowls more and I'm gonna try other proportions with the ingredients.

So far the experience is great. Thanks T-dub for the researches

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
After this discussion in another thread and talking with my dad (he's a biochemist), I've changed my clean up a bit. I asked him, how they kept their laboratory glass so clean. He responded with a combination of acids, then tap, then distilled rinse. I heard acid and said, forget it. Plus the memory of the number of holes he used to have in his Levis (I remember when my dad was still in school, they had me young)... I didn't want to mess with the stuff.

However, I noticed he said tap/distilled. Using the RezBlock has highlighted the areas of my glass, that aren't truly clean. The sediment lines, which were slight before, are accentuated by the pristine glass, from RezBlock protected areas. Switching up to a final Distilled rinse has rectified that.

BigDaddyVapor,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I thought you used distilled water anyways BDV? If I have to use bottled water it's the "high-quality" stuff like Fiji or Voss (which I find on sale all the time for ~$1-2!) and only RARELY use anything else. A gallon of distilled is a dollar or two at the store.

Anyways I'm loving all the info here, was thinking along the same lines as RD with making my own solution. What role does the citric play in the solution? Just helps slow down growths? On the topic, does anyone else thing the growths are circumstantial? Sometimes I wouldn't change my bong water for a week or so (simply because I would use it a few times and then not use it, letting it sit) and didn't notice any growths. This was both with smoking and with vaporizing. The only "growths" I saw I immediately identified as resin buildup similar to an oil rig.

kingofnull, I think it was you that asked if it should be saved/harvested... I definitely wouldn't bother saving it to try and reduce/dry/extract, it's got vegetable glycerine, fruit extract, and citric. That's the downside of it if you enjoy doing an ISO wash of your dirty vapor glass to reclaim, you're sacrificing that for a clean piece.

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom