• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

RezBlock /Cranberry Extract

Assuming its safe, would you vape through anything other than water if it offered some benefit?

• Total voters

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I love moisture conditioned vapor. What I don't love is the funky taste the water quickly takes on or the wet maintenance involved in keeping everything clean and fresh. I was very excited when I first found RezBlock a while back, I mean it keeps your vape medium fresher, longer, and makes clean up easier, what could be better? It did come with a few surprises though, like the sugar in it that fueled some kind of microscopic growth . . . no bueno :disgust:

So I set about to try and understand this product. My vapor journey has connected dots from a variety of areas. First spa oxidizer, then beer & wine chemistry with PBW, and now finally to the culinary arts, at least partially, with RezBlock. So, what is happening to our precious sublimated essential oils when they go through our vape medium? Well the water, I noticed, became cloudy (loaded) with actives as RezBlock was used, a clue. The bits of resin I did see floating were "changed" somehow, kinda white in color if you subtract out the green. A couple of terms I came up with to describe what I was seeing were:

Emulsification is performed by surfactants and alkalis. It occurs when oils and fats are broken into small globules and suspended in the solution (and are thus removed via emptying and rinsing).

Suspension is the act of keeping dissolved or broken down soils in solution. This is performed by nearly every component of a cleanser although in different ways, either through charge modification, neutralization, dissolution, or emulsification. The bottom line is that suspended soils are easy to remove simply by emptying the container that you are washing and following that with a rinse.

Hmmm . . . so I know chefs do citric acid emulsifications in the kitchen, breaking down oils into smaller globules so they mix with things like water and vinegar (acetic acid) lemon juice (citric acid) they tend to turn whitish at this time, and I know a basic citric or acetic acid solution can get rid of hard water stains and would probably keep things sanitary (its a preservative) So I started vaping through citric acid solutions and got a fair result. Not RezBlock good, but, it was proof of concept.

Then the New RezBlock Concentrate came out and in the package insert I read this:
. . . certain extracts play a beneficial role in the body by creating a slippery coating that prevents bacteria from attaching to membranes . . . the slippery coating created by specific combinations of fruit and vegetable extracts . . . prevented the bacteria from sticking to each other and . . . from sticking to the glass petri dish itself.
Wow. Interesting stuff. So the new formula is quite fantastic really. Its more pleasant, works better, is more highly concentrated and convenient. It looks like someone with a food science degree got a little input into the formula. The citric acid is a huge addition and the glycerin, nice and slippery I would think. Its definitely a black cherry or sour cherry or maybe some kind of cranberry extract now . . . but it works better, mixes easier and, so far, no microbial growth :haw:

So what do you vape through and why? Is it about health, hygiene, flavor, buzz? If particle size does play a role in lung absorption, can reducing that size via an emulsification render the actives more absorbable? I dunno, but this discussion is long over due and I apologize to FC for dragging my feet for so long in bringing this topic and related science to the community.

So please chime in with your vaping medium ideas, recipes, RezBlock experiences, whatever and vape on my FC brothers and sisters :peace:

---
red1cv.jpg

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I always see the stuff (also sold out) at 7th Floor LLC here (higher elevation masterpiece productions) and everyone in there swears by it, i need to pick up some for my swagger tube, as the top of the circ dome gets gnarly by the end of the day...

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I always see the stuff (also sold out) at 7th Floor LLC here (higher elevation masterpiece productions) and everyone in there swears by it, i need to pick up some for my swagger tube, as the top of the circ dome gets gnarly by the end of the day...

Oh . . . I forgot to mention that when mixing the new concentrate in bulk, it works out perfectly to 1 drop per 10ml of fluid. So for my 100ml graduated cylinder, thats 10 drops. So if my SGW HT takes 40ml, I know 4 drops and the right fill volume will work, 6 drops for the DG and the Evolver HydraCirc :)

Edit: And how could I forget to welcome the undisputed heavyweight champion of alternate vaping mediums, Xchadb. A veteran of both juice and milk at the very least, this man is not afraid to push some boundaries :tup:

Edit: Extending the math a bit: 1 Bottle=15ml. Assuming 20 drops(CT)/ml 1 bottle=300 drops. So if (VS)=10 drops(CT)/100ml then TotalVolume of (VS) possible from 1 bottle is 3000 ml or 3 liters. If my DG takes 6 drops(CT) or 60ml(VS) then I can assume that I can change its water about 50 times with one bottle of concentrate. For the HydraTube the # increases to approximately 75.

Terms: (CT)=RezBlock Concentrate, (VS)=Finished/Mixed Vaping Solution with a relationship of 1 drop(CT)/10ml(VS)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Personally, I use distilled water, because it doesn't leave behind sediment. It also stays cleaner/fresher longer. Because there isn't any sediment, it also helps keep the glass cleaner and thus less likely for stuff to stick. I've noticed this, since I switched and formerly difficult cleaning projects, became a lot easier.

Does this stuff still have flavor? I'm not opposed to trying it... but I don't want to change the flavor of my herb and I don't really like pink. I would be a lot more inclined to try a clear solution.

EDIT: I followed your link and went to order some, because they are selling 2 for the price of 1. However, it keeps saying, its going to charge me full price for 2. If I try to change the quantity to 1, it defaults back to 2 items (I'm assuming because of the deal).

I would love to order it. But, I'm not pressing "process/pay" until I'm 100% sure I'm getting 2 for the price of 1. Their checkout process, does not make that clear. *

*correction below.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Personally, I use distilled water, because it doesn't leave behind sediment. It also stays cleaner/fresher longer. Because there isn't any sediment, it also helps keep the glass cleaner and thus less likely for stuff to stick. I've noticed this, since I switched and formerly difficult cleaning projects, became a lot easier.

Does this stuff still have flavor? I'm not opposed to trying it... but I don't want to change the flavor of my herb and I don't really like pink. I would be a lot more inclined to try a clear solution.

EDIT: I followed your link and went to order some, because they are selling 2 for the price of 1. However, it keeps saying, its going to charge me full price for 2. If I try to change the quantity to 1, it defaults back to 2 items (I'm assuming because of the deal).

I would love to order it. But, I'm not pressing "process/pay" until I'm 100% sure I'm getting 2 for the price of 1. Their checkout process, does not make that clear.

Hey BDV my brother in arms, welcome to the discussion :) I also use distilled water, yes even with RezBlock, to mix my vaping fluid. Like you say, it just does everything better, especially mix with chemicals (safety tip) I will be starting a study of using electronically restructured (ionized) water in varying PH levels here soon . . .

Flavor? Only if you are crazy and inhale and drink the stuff like I do to find out whats in it :freak: (which I did btw) When you use it, you won't notice a thing. If you hit your piece dry looking for something, you pick up a mysterious "berry"-ness . . . its fresh :tup:

Pink color . . . well my friend it has to be that color because thats the color of the active ingredient. If it was clear it wouldn't work :p

Seriously, I just figured out what the "mysterious" fruit extract is and I am reading the research papers right now, and the manufactuer's brochure, so I can present a cogent summary here. The short story is this: We are vaping through super hi-tech, highly concentrated, scientifically balanced and preserved, cranberry juice. You know how cranberry juice has been used to treat urinary tract infections? Well its the Proanthocyanidins (PACs) in the cranberries that provides the bacterial anti-adhesive properties that allows all those bad guys to be flushed away because they can't stick to anything. This is good because you get better without antibiotics. This has dental applications, its good for oral health, there are all sorts of drinks, and other products, being patented and developed right now that utilize this unique ability.

So . . . Anyone out there wanna start vaping through cranberry juice? I think I know someone who might be up for the challenge, he runs our "I'll vape through that shit!" Dept. :haw: I'm lookin' for you, Xchadb :nod:

I would love to order it. But, I'm not pressing "process/pay" until I'm 100% sure I'm getting 2 for the price of 1. Their checkout process, does not make that clear.

EDIT: How, EXACTLY, is this NOT clear? 2 bottles, $9.97 each? Normal price is $19.95 for ONE bottle :hmm:

notclearjpg.jpg

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Yeah, I saw that after I edited. I hasn't noticed the $19.95 crossed out. Just didn't get back to the computer to re-edit.

I'm going to give the stuff a try, though going to wait until I get my check this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Hmmm . . . . that sounds like a worthy quest. We know all the ingredients and basically what they do so I say go for it, see what you can source locally that might make sense. Please keep us advised when you have a result :)

t-dub,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Theses days I noticed that the potency of my medicine decreases when I use water that is too cold. More vapors stick to the cold glass. To avoid losses the best I found is boiling some water then pour it in a beaker while weighing to find the sweet spot, I started at 100g, now at 70g, still a bit too much for my piece. Too much water seems to kill the taste. I will try 60g next time

I really need to find some rezblock or a substitute, I'm tired of seeing my glass nasty in one or two sessions
Edit : Can't find any europeean retailers, like with the PBW, I'm on my own to find an alternative and fast.

Edit 2 : I just need to find my proanthocyanidins extract and I know how to get the glycerin, citric acid and purified water. I'm close lol

Seems like many plants produce proanthocyanidins.

http://www.ferco-dev.com/index.php/...activ-cranberry-extract-pac-proanthocyanidins

I'm gonna contact them as soon as possible and try to get some of that red powder

Roger D,
Reactions: Tweek

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Seems like many plants produce proanthocyanidins . . . I'm gonna contact them as soon as possible and try to get some of that red powder
Roger, that looks like a fantastic place to start. I notice the powder says its high in fiber so you might have to filter it but thats no big deal. One thing I would like to point out is not all proanthocyanidins are created equally, although your product should have plenty of the proper amount :)

From the manufacturer's brochure of CystiCran:
Proanthocyanidins (PACs) are a class of biologically active flavonoids found throughout the plant kingdom, and are one of the most potent antioxidants in nature. Typically concentrated in the bark of trees and in the outer shells of fruits and seeds, proanthocyanidins serve to protect plants against oxidative elements such as oxygen and sunshine. PACs are the phytochemical responsible for many of the health benefits associated with cranberries. Science has shown that cranberries contain unique A-type PACs, seldom found elsewhere in nature, that provide bacterial anti-adhesive properties and help promote urinary tract, gastrointestinal, and oral health. PACs are the "power of the cranberry." Not all PACs are the same. Though many plant sources contain PACs, a recent study entitled "A-type Cranberry Proanthocyanidins and Uropathogenic Bacterial Anti-Adhesion Activity" Neto, et. al., and published in Phytochemistry (2005) has shown that North American cranberry A-link PACs are the only PACs that provide bacterial anti-adhesion activity.

http://www.decasbotanical.com/documents/CystiCran Overview Rev 3 0.pdf

Edit: Oh, btw, I drank some RezBlock last night, its definitely cranberry, tastes great, even the pure concentrate tastes awesome. Next step is to drink it after I vape through it.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
The one with fibers is only 5% PACs, I will try to get

Cran'Activ® 14/18 PACs :

• Guaranteed and standardized proanthocyanidins (PACs) level (14/18%) with BL-DMAC method
  • 100 % Natural
  • Highly concentrated Cranberry Extract
  • Without anti-caking agent nor excipient (additives),
  • Cran'Activ® is the only Cranberry extract supplied on the market which contains only natural ingredients !!!
  • Exclusive FERCO process (patented) using only physical method
I don't know what is the form but it seems great

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I've gotten the same effect by using distilled/ro water and a few drops of lemon juice. Ymmv
Thats a great insight, and is why I took it a step further and was using pure citric acid in my experiments. The effect, however, is not even close to the new RezBlock. I'm finding the new formula is way more effective than the old, there is something to these proanthocyanidins, they work.

Here is a an interesting link about new beverages being patented and licensed for the use of certain Cranberry extracts for urinary tract health and support, in products such as dietary supplements, functional foods and beverages.
For years, cranberries have been associated with maintenance of urinary tract health, but the mechanism was thought to be due to the acidity of the fruit. The Rutgers team isolated and identified a type of condensed tannin called proanthocyanidin (PAC) from cranberries that prevents certain bacteria in the urinary tract, stomach and mouth from adhering to cells in the body. The Rutgers group discovered that this bacterial anti-adhesion effect was unique to cranberries and may be due to the presence of unusual "A-type" bonds found in their PAC molecules. Rutgers researchers have been able to isolate these Cranberry PACs from the most highly concentrated sources, resulting in a product with high potency, stability and efficacy.

According to patent co-inventor Dr. Amy B. Howell, "These natural PACs with A-type bonds found in cranberries have the ability to keep certain bacteria from sticking to cells. This inhibits the bacteria from growing and causing infection." Dr. Howell continued, "Unlike antibiotics, the PACs don't kill the bacteria so there is no build-up of bacterial-resistant populations. They work in a natural way to prevent bacterial adhesion."

http://m.newhope360.com/news/cott-beverages-licenses-rutgers-cranberry-anti-adhesion-patents

Bon Dog

i dont have time to read the whole thing right now (bout to pass out, but will in the morn) but i used to put a few drops of lemon or lime juice in my bong water. i helps prevent rez buildup and makes it taste fresh as hell lol

Bon Dog,
Reactions: ataxian

Hoops

I just got the new pink version earlier this week and I like it better than the green for a number of reasons. The pink color is classier and I would sometimes get some funky growth in the green solution after only a few days. Seemed to grow faster in my oil rig than with vaporizers.

Time will tell on how long the pink will hold out. I tend to change water every few days... I may let it go for a week and see what I end up with...growth or gunk wise.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I to am now following this thread. I live on a well and constantly get water stains on my glass typically from heavy mineral content in my drinking water. I tried everything from vinegar to purifying the water before putting it in my bong. The only thing I found that moved the stains was a light amount of CLR diluted in water.

Will the REZ block help with water stains?

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
t-dub...I'm down!! I just ordered some and I will start trying it in all of my glass as soon as it arrives! Thanks so much for posting this!!! So if you are using a mobius 65t (for example) what would you do? Add the distilled water first (distilled is a MUST for me) and then add the droplets of Rez??

Thanks again, I will look forward to your reply!!

*Edit: Just bought some from Amazon. Is it all pink now or could I also be getting the green color? It says it's an 8oz bottle, but has no color info...

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Hey Bluntcrush! Glad to see you are going to try the RezBlock. Just put the drops in first, then the water, then do a couple pulls to mix. Not sure of the volume in ml of the 65t, so maybe 5 or 6 drops to start?

I can't believe that after yesterday, the Fiesta Bowl (heavy usage, Go Ducks!) I was able to once again, for the second day in a row, completely bring my glass back to sparkling with just a hot water flush . . . amazing.

Top Bottom