1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by Vicki, Oct 10, 2015.

1. ChooChooCharlie

ChooChooCharlie Hobo

2. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

Art Carney's father had OCD which is how the Ed Norton character in the Honeymooners got a lot of his mannerisms that would break Ralph's patience. Just found out that a while ago.

I didn't know this factually at first, but I had a certain affinity and familiarity with this character and would imagine his handling different tasks that had to be done at my different jobs. And the comic results with the boss getting loud like Ralphie boy.

Then I thought about my OCD tendencies. :whoa: And the Ed Norton mannerisms :lmao: and smiled at my self a little. :D

3. Enchantre

Enchantre Oil Painter

Spent most of yesterday and today totally rearranging things in the apartment.
    Make it more homey.

Also made my own concentrate today. :science::leaf::o:brow:

4. Enchantre

Enchantre Oil Painter

Really? no one has had a random thought since I did, on Friday?

Anyway. I'm quitting my job.

There, I said it out loud.

5. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a rearranger.

More of a dearranger.

But wtf? That's not the 'r' word, is it?

6. Enchantre

Enchantre Oil Painter

It doesn't get much more random than this: :doh:

Click to play YouTube Video

7. ChooChooCharlie

ChooChooCharlie Hobo

@Enchantre - think you will recognize the glint in the eyes of fellow artists, the joy. Keep manifesting and healing!

Perry, the filmmaker and one of the artists was a H.S. friend, and he chose Robin's music for the background -- my first unrequited love. We combusted and drank and laughed together way back when. Just saw Robin at 40th H.S. reunion, still singing and looking lovely. Random.

GetLeft, Enchantre, Amoreena and 6 others like this.
  8. Enchantre

Enchantre Oil Painter

I love the COSM! :)

Thank you... I'm becoming more and more the ME I'm MEANT to be.

9. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

@Enchantre, when you second guessed your reference to yourself as storing energy, I immediately thought 'sure you can store energy, that's what batteries do.' Then I heard one of the artists in the @ChooChooCharlie video refer to their group as being like a battery and I said yep.

10. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

No surprise there are creative types here. :)

I did learn how to draw from life and the early version of this book. edwards-the-new-drawing-on-the-right-side-of-the-brain-viny.pdf

It helped me to unlearn a lot and develop a greater understanding of visual perception and that carried over into OH SO MANY THINGS. Like one of those 'great veil had been lifted' moments. :whoa:

To draw in Chiaroscuro without the mental shortcuts we rely on to 'see' things. The eye being a flat camera and trying to not perceive or filter. Whatever light is entered through the eye almost directly passes to the hand to a well trained 'classicaly trained' art student/artist/teacher AND most importantly to seekers like me. @Enchantre Thanks for the random 'riff'? about how you might be an energy conduit. :borg:If I'm on the same level of conversation with you.:hmm: We are talking very abstractly and perhaps internal. So the words get in the way when trying to explain the phenom. I'm a Jedi ;)and still trying to fashion a language for a lot of abstract concepts. For clarity's sake. :D

I do have another curiosity of the life structure of different artists. The whole range. Some are gregarious and self promoting while others are reclusive or need to be found to be appreciated. Some can capture the energy of a moment and all the detail. While others are brilliant and can create almost entirely abstract images and languages and interpretations. Some get credit for a few ideas with only a few pieces or examples, while others are prolific and seem driven by there artist energies. And all the examples in the range in between.:2c:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017 at 6:40 PM

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors