Random thoughts

Choughed

My area is just getting over an unusually wet and long winter. The ground was saturated, the dams full and overflowing, it was lovely. In the big black book, Bill Mollison was saying that there is a 90% variance in rainfall in dry arid areas like mine. So I guess the extra 200mm+ of rain this season isn't really outside of the possibilities. It's November and we haven't had a 30°C day yet, and I can tell you that I'm not complaining one bit! Neither are the plants and animals and bugs. Everything is going nuts! Well, maybe the snakes aren't as happy as usual, but fuck 'em. :p

Oh yeah, and fuck hey fever.
And dairy, fuck you for being so tasty and blocking my sinuses even more, and giving me the pimples of a teenager.

Right, I've given all the fucks I'm going to for one morning. ;)

Edit: haha oops, this isn't the fuck you thread!! Oh I'm so sorry! :doh:

Last edited:

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
I just edited a comment not worth making down to the period. Then I reported it, asking that it be deleted. Now that you've commented, they may need to leave it. In any case, it's better than what I edited out. Off-topic Dutch Treat bump. :lol:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Having spent the last couple of days identifying & fixing rattles in my car that were driving me crazy (Renault drivers knows my pain) & I think I may have gotten them all finally. A new set of tyres, some twisty roads & I have fallen in love all over again. The kind of love that can result in expensive purchases........

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I was just gazing out of the window watching the world go by, when I suddenly saw something go flying past, real fast, out of the corner of my eye . . . . . . . .

So, I quickly reached for the remote, ready to hit <rewind> . . . . . . :mental:

Be kind.
:peace:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have a problem with food products that are stale when you buy them like Saltine Crackers. A wonderful product when they are fresh. The Nabisco Saltine Crackers just aren't sealed well. I end up buying the oyster crackers that are completely sealed. I then put them in a ziplock bag to keep them fresh.

I bought some Nabisco Saltine Crackers that sat in our motor home for a couple months completely unopened. I just opened the box and they taste stale and plus they absorbed the smell of our motor home. A glue smell.

I actually emailed the company to let them know. It was like the last straw.....The election is making me cranky.

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I have a problem with food products that are stale when you buy them like Saltine Crackers. A wonderful product when they are fresh. The Nabisco Saltine Crackers just aren't sealed well.
I too am going through a couple sleeves of saltines right now and you are right, they tasted stale right out of the package. But on an empty stomach that is heaving from pills prescribed for me by doctors, they are certainly better than nothing. A little ginger ale helps as well . . . :)

If I may suggest a small distraction for you tonight. I have been gentling my spirit with the beautiful music and images provided by NASA on this 4K Ultra HD fly through of the ISS. Its very relaxing. Try it. Its helped me refocus.

Tranquility

I too am going through a couple sleeves of saltines right now and you are right, they tasted stale right out of the package. But on an empty stomach that is heaving from pills prescribed for me by doctors, they are certainly better than nothing. A little ginger ale helps as well . . . :)

If you're a ginger ale man (As opposed to a 7Up man.), you might like crystallized ginger as well. During my wife's struggles years ago (Which started my learning about marijuana as medicine.), sucking on that gave her enough sugar to not get headaches and would settle her stomach on all but the worst days.

91gAi6ENwBL._SX522_.jpg

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist

If I may suggest a small distraction for you tonight. I have been gentling my spirit with the beautiful music and images provided by NASA on this 4K Ultra HD fly through of the ISS. Its very relaxing. Try it. Its helped me refocus.

Ginger ale and saltines are staples in my house! Those and cannabis are most times the only things that help my nausea/vomiting.

If you're a ginger ale man (As opposed to a 7Up man.), you might like crystallized ginger as well. During my wife's struggles years ago (Which started my learning about marijuana as medicine.), sucking on that gave her enough sugar to not get headaches and would settle her stomach on all but the worst days.

91gAi6ENwBL._SX522_.jpg

I've had those, but they will sometimes make my nausea worse because they are so strong.

BD9

10 years ago I told my realtor, "I want a large yard with mature trees." Come fall, I forgot about the leaves.
My wife takes two strokes and says oh how pretty and through the pile diggity, diggity. I take two strokes, curse and mumble, curse and mumble, til my attitude is no longer humble.
I called my realtor in a cry, a condo on the beach the next time I buy!

Anaconda Gs

Vapor Adventures
I recently went to Denver, CO to check out the recreational cannabis scene. I am a medical user in California so I have a good idea of what to expect in a dispensary. The price difference for CO cannabis for med users and recreation is huge. Ouch that 20% tax for recreational is painful. I spoke with some CO natives (who hold med cards) and they don't like the recreation scene because they said the tax collected isn't really going to use for schools/public roads, etc. I haven't done research on what the taxes collected have done so I can't verify if their info is correct.

I vape at home and outdoors in CA but in CO, when I vaped outdoors, people really scowled at me. Which is fine since the law doesn't allow for public consumption. Where the hell would I vape if I'm traveling and staying at a hotel? Obviously I am not going to vape in the hotel room. I know that there are bans for vapor lounges and such, so that means there is no public place to consume unless I rent an apartment or own a home. I'd be interested to hear what people who had similar experiences.

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I am not going to vape in the hotel room.
Actually you can vape in non smoking hotel rooms as long as you are smart about it. Just go into the bathroom turn on the fan and use an efficient vape like the DynaVap or something and you are fine. The smell is so much less than smoking weed and combined with good ventilation, make sure air is not going out underneath your door, and you are set. Just blow everything into the fan, or indulge on the balcony and you are fine.

Trypsy Summers

"Many of those who honestly want to make the world a better place — those who truly want fairness, morality and justice — believe they can do so by having politicians pass regulations to bring about what they want. But they miss the point that by creating and supporting a government with the power to enforce their views on others, they have made the world they want impossible."

Not saying, just saying, without saying,

Peace

Anaconda Gs

Vapor Adventures
Actually you can vape in non smoking hotel rooms as long as you are smart about it. Just go into the bathroom turn on the fan and use an efficient vape like the DynaVap or something and you are fine. The smell is so much less than smoking weed and combined with good ventilation, make sure air is not going out underneath your door, and you are set. Just blow everything into the fan, or indulge on the balcony and you are fine.

Thanks for the suggestions t-dub. I've done the restroom with fan and turning on the shower at hotels. However, I was curious about smoking/vaping in public in the legal states. Having lived in California, no one cares if you're smoking a joint in public yet I find Colorado to care so much more? I have to include that there is so much more police presence in Denver than I have ever seen in any California, that it makes CA look like we don't have cops on the street. LOLOL

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I was curious about smoking/vaping in public in the legal states.
You will have to do research there because every state is different. Here in Oregon you absolutely can NOT use cannabis in public. PERIOD. The cops here do not have a sense of humor about that shit.

t-dub,
Reactions: BD9
Top Bottom