Quartz Banger Thread

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Thanks 4 reporting, out of curiosity whats now ur best tasting combo...i think it was the sapphire in the Halen Bucket with ruby beads once but u bought a ton of new stuff since then :D

What i am also curious about are your torching times...since i too own a Big Shot i am happy u bought one aswell to get better time estimates but does it take a lot longer to torch a banger with insert(s) and spheres?

For reference, with my gavel i torch 45secs and let it sit for 1:15...so basically dab after 2 minutes :)

gunmetalshark,
Reactions: Shooby

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Hard to say as i havent had a good quartz bucket to use since i got my sapphire inserts from Nautilus. I broke the 25mm halen right before trying out the 18mm. So as of today, i still have not used the 18mm sapphire from nautilus. It doesnt fit the hoyes quartz bucket or it does but with a zero tolerance.

I ordered a bunch of 30mm buckets, Hoyes XXL, Eternal 30mm reverse etched, Eternal 30mm fat bottom and is waiting to order another toro grail xxl.

But for 24mm i only have the hoyes that doesnt work for me and a mayoral which i will get later today. I have high hopes for the mayoral and if i do end up liking this mayoral, i will get the 31mm and stretch out a 30mm augusthaus coil for it. I also want to try the new Quave deep flat tops that are 24mm but not in a rush.

For 25mm, a Halen bucket and Toro Grail XL once available. And i may get a factory 2nd eternal 25mm fat bottom if i like the 30mm.

I have a feeling the 25mm Toro Grail may be my fav.

Havent got the big shot. I torch to about 900F. I use a IR gun and dont use time. I just ordered the Big Shit on Amazon for $45 shipped. Get it Weds.

Last edited:

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
@Shooby have you tried the Halen flat top round bottom?

it looks so easy to swab, curious of the round design, looks like the oil doesn't run to the sides as much from a few videos I've seen. I'm just not sure how well they will work on a barrel coil.

The Crpytic Culture JTR also looks pretty sweet, I think that one has rounded corners too for easy cleaning?
I picked up some round bottom buckets from GoodStore on DHgate and I don't like them at all. I had the same thought about easy cleaning. Torched - not coil, but I find that the oil blasts too far up the walls and ends up being very difficult to qtip out. I don't get this behavior with flat bottom bangers at all - and I'm not fond of it...

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Wow. Mayoral is horrible.

My buddy's store smokeez here in Orange county last month got a small batch of mayoral in but 2 of 3 were cracked and their local distributor was giving him shit about it. I found this crack with him the day they received it.

And mayoral I guess reached out to him to ship me a bucket. And this was all they had and I just received this cracked bucket.

Takes them a week to get me a quartz flat top that was just 8 miles from me.

Let's see how this customer service reacts..

Danksta

Wow. Mayoral is horrible.

My buddy's store smokeez here in Orange county last month got a small batch of mayoral in but 2 of 3 were cracked and their local distributor was giving him shit about it. I found this crack with him the day they received it.

And mayoral I guess reached out to him to ship me a bucket. And this was all they had and I just received this cracked bucket.

Takes them a week to get me a quartz flat top that was just 8 miles from me.

Let's see how this customer service reacts..

Damn dude sorry to hear that. I hope they get you fixed up.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I picked up some round bottom buckets from GoodStore on DHgate and I don't like them at all. I had the same thought about easy cleaning. Torched - not coil, but I find that the oil blasts too far up the walls and ends up being very difficult to qtip out. I don't get this behavior with flat bottom bangers at all - and I'm not fond of it...

Thanks man, yeah I noticed in a few video clips that it did seem to shoot oil up the sides and was wondering about that. I always get stuff gunked in the corners on my gavel though so it seemed appealing,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Thanks man, yeah I noticed in a few video clips that it did seem to shoot oil up the sides and was wondering about that. I always get stuff gunked in the corners on my gavel though so it seemed appealing,
I've tried about 5 of the 'copies' on dhgate and continually go back and forth between the opaque bottom (gavel) and the core reactor. I use one for a week or so and then it goes into dc/iso while the other is in use. I'm only 2-3 dabs a day or so, but one thing that has helped clean both of these square bottoms is to pull on the tip of the qtip a bit to create more of a brush/mop on the end that 1. fits nicely between the wall and the core and 2. seems to wick spent oil out of the square corner much better.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Zg83u4DO6rN5SN6kB9v24PddEA5WnKxEl4AhS8K7oXD_5UEj6FxdpHlKMtxhGvSnXYNGwfGUqJqfVXPZ8uFFM1MkIBZnCqtncwUBCtQ9H97r-P4eo_j6YgqzB98OokmhXyE_Q8bifvASJBVv1vq-J_dZAhbhCse06ElGW9Rq4Ydk4OxQ6abSXCsJUd-ZLRRMXIUUz_l46WEqZgBSAvOtjag2mgQHkOzsDyDp-hSAQOgVTc1dVHSubtVmaHHItcIrBKtj7beeI9bYZPKkzXi2heZtXvS9lJp1YO8TLl7gAmrHVfYkxVKakSiF0iOOr2olWSol4DBgW2UA5ZF04hictKh_0YuAkRny51viMzHJOvdyuwREfrwVp-8rvy2vZNiTGgPuhySQnf5qa9JE_4eFE7qfyEtzO9gh4HwxUtq3RHKempCtv7NLURknkttGJe9Rp_jBWl7IQsjlm0I41Mn5Z1XlOgfPx27rWjmTvJDVAJGMn-zCd5MuhBIVUKm1tjTBB0z_eqrJ-Yw0OWlS7eDH1PgB1XSQ7wz7jam6l5z1FkbUuMb0M4zRIzL4chUXOtpSPqB--fhZ619S-q3PFCqAxbaveqoX-gZuA8tbi13G1W7zfjPi2v3U4MBY_oxq8bzpXXnFp6hMYj5LHNLJajHlw1k43vxRG-jk=w468-h624-no

I like this so far. I think i need to try a smaller bucket tho. That is 25 balls in that insert and it only fills it half way. I would need like 60 to get to the top.

Cleaning is a bitch tho. I tried running qtips through the balls. Works to a point but i see some burn on the insert. I am using both coil and torch with similar results, which is huge ass rips.

I was able to get two dabs before the balls starts getting dark. Once i get my flat tops, i try different ways. I am just left with the 30mm Hoyes and 36mm PB for now. I am sending back the Hoyes XL and they are swapping it out for one without the taper. Hoyes has a good and responsive customer service.

As for Mayoral Quartz, not so much, the guy reached out to me after seeing my post on IG. Said he will swap once i send it back. I am asking for a return label since yesterday and still waiting. Dealing with Mayoral i feel will be a month long process. Something i would not want to deal with when buying a $180 quartz flat top. I am think i may even cancel my order after all with them. The 24mm flat top wasnt impressive and sorta looked cheap. The glass is sorta warped and wavy when looking through it. And the side of the glass isnt smooth. Very Similar to the Hoyes but the Hoyes is $110 compared to $180 for the Mayoral.
Pf1W0TgALsOtctIdJxHqzgsFdV6OTDH39hkn2KYVSAtjTmGir2V3Eartt4og8i2eT_AzSo7AobovQagxbGKJKTd-9n0GAjV8GR0rMI_3L28wP_SVOtcUNnMl-D2FnIqscJVmMrsMHMAwE9Sujquu77T1RXPxG9vIjVuMCoyGJG6ams6FKQeAinn4bwuB5vdxjbY1doWIB3jnYU1DekZkQbMXjnqqH-0XzG_Gwts7AfEOgJ6MaEG3eZEawTyU4OcDpMar5T3J9IXHwaSlAtcATsi98DYw1QhnrROKqU-Zh7-vIYiqLwmwv9DNvRImU1sWoFstpJ37lRgeX8S3MG2SEzF9v6KPJH7Z8v9v5UzCgSOxpyQLb-_8vGGvMcV9LIlpdiPCmcUvnKB3bAQmF5zMIsk3VpEnwdmi5fIH0i0KIwQRKeaRU6oD3ByNiaGteieh9Ou1dShyROpkSb1bB6UwBI5bsu0aDC55bs6Y6MbQfBDoB9-DTsLO7eW5W09TszhxG6EAbawU6ufR2CSCFSoZuxqPCAfnebOLWyoM6qfNMDZqoqRbNh40X8FI3lRTqERHMrmFpt2_nBucQemiHfHeYa8EeccHLN8BRcDYx2YcLB67QCL4t3VTIn9NYVg_jzvPaW1Oi5S4nwIn31HDZ6VZgPHcOdDIyDC8=w468-h624-no
J_ErV1BTBm2V4OUaN0a3CGxq9FeylKVlAUiMwF7iJYs_LLMB-y-wptlQQ6yVVi7yS095rGjh-U5Qgw_BftIkf8Jfe9RDb6EDxAWydg1xKeMJbvemeejhl87f1qZ9Uih9hRjr0WgPvdxyJezmhMKbz5UT44I7qMVFxYXub-HsaMqFnSXGjWSWRGiIc4aTwZycxhdiHVPjuGQFNo2jAizXoubwrPTtt2Jfdrlv_t0I8QzJaV52YrIR_-vNqt9YIPI9wLHY11dqPN4AKGtpeAV8xHYesmRtdDhQIkqd9xeVB2S4zVQujd0YYXow-ivpl5gWs_qeyY1cPTppj1v6YdZyIPWv8RhzvMqCNotZRXekTOnFtA7h0occPn7isfNsvS1Q4paKaFUuw84CDHYuWxx53wJOk2tw3kPfHbtlbpFa3g5R1u9XnOr1M8yUbWxssrkoVM_b904vO6E34pyIhqTWP5dYTciGZNssaKtbIFnqwnU9QZCgbdSfSxR-IZK5AN8i6vx8m4Te1h6r42e_pETdjgi2R87eXSBwklpsTnKJaK2LaMsosLpTBb8wngcY9ZroPetnX3BBTbQ-mtrjD99J_TJhAhtLdAWktaQJAi6N7pkdUUMWTBrJyHAsmpK9YzKV5QIU8ceQT7U729NxHzRkAQ1rbAUntmIX=w468-h624-no

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I just bought my first qb from quartzbangers.com. I got the basic 2mm bucket which was 20% off and free shipping. I figured I'd try it out with my kitchen torch and see how she goes.

I ordered it high and realized today that it has the slant vs a flat top. I'm hoping my ceramic cap will work on it since it's the only cap I have. I think I really wanted a 3mm flat top.

I've only done a handful of dabs so far with a ceramic nail, as I mostly vape flower. Should I expect a 2mm banger to cool down fairly quickly?

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I've tried about 5 of the 'copies' on dhgate and continually go back and forth between the opaque bottom (gavel) and the core reactor. I use one for a week or so and then it goes into dc/iso while the other is in use. I'm only 2-3 dabs a day or so, but one thing that has helped clean both of these square bottoms is to pull on the tip of the qtip a bit to create more of a brush/mop on the end that 1. fits nicely between the wall and the core and 2. seems to wick spent oil out of the square corner much better.

Great minds think alike. I always rough up my Q tip by rubbing it along an Oil Slick silicone mat to create a much larger, more absorptive "mop head".

I do the same thing with my quartz bangers and Mothership honeypot swings, but I use 99% isopropyl alcohol instead of distilled water on the quartz.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
@SamuraiSam - Do you find that the ISO cleans better than distilled water? Every 10 dabs or so I like to put 1/4 inch of distilled water in the banger as it's cooling (after a dab) and use that to get a good cleaning. I use to do this with ISO, but always worried about sloshing some down the banger neck and I'm finding that distilled water cleans as well as ISO and I don't have to worry about slosh.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Here is a video of a today's lunch dab. 7 Sapphire beads in a sapphire insert. I would put more beads but then i cant fit the bubble cap. The Hoyes Quartz XXL's bucket is too short. I need longer buckets!!!!
Still waiting for 2 different eternal 30mms, regular and fat bottom to ship. Eternal is slow ass hell to ship. They take a week or two to ship parts.

Dab temp on this was at 430F as the beads help hold temps longer. anything over 440F almost cuz chazz on the beads.
Without the beads, this would be about 3 full rips.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Here is what it looked like after 3 qtips. I dont remove the beads. I just spin the beads around so it rubs the qtips.

Once you start stacking the beads, its much harder to clean with a qtip unless you have the glob mobs or any wooden qtips. The key to keeping them clean in your insert or bucket is low temp. Dont let it chazz!!

These beads in a sapphire insert are the key to low temp globs.
-19mx7SwVtVArJSkVMEyaqgxeYIxUirLOH06YmjQM6yTxdKmkG1Z8069HY9c5CwGfUYSz8XkaugUDHUv8yLdEkQUAZBWuPSBPENuy-1TvJQFcDhNmUMnUo_pDVYI0qG_OzX7yoSzruQ7MG9sR-L5eKaBt2V-iEctJASWfkez31OJqqBPJbC8ieVOgn_Llbus3hJemXjdZsbYE9vX7Lj64FGsLke82hkOSSU0IaTKcE5PFBwXOPujA1RcnAsoMzYltNHGs8riLwL4JMFbbDpS0D5OjzTOl16BLsid_fFHCletcnXeFoiQvKzy0q3IRnmYm7N8LadDB9fC65LooeKPgcqMQWA8uqkFb2vZuigx52XpcKcUoSE0QOkNP-yAaoc_XJpiMvclCr3iZ6IBtdlc7DAw-oBGdrydtdt5TT46_GboqnYyXM5FK4xydYgzCOtBgqNFrP_kiRxA4k_kmNfuKIqW3_z-ERzMrjBnurmaAIXOjZarNIUtt6vvDGKv8yqMG3sIKzS-2UMY6l-wwC6Xnkbb_AuIRqg1Sr0CLQ5E-pl2HQTubEy1gjViv4KS85o3xA10fyc2iHo9HzckaZyCSRf_l1ncAWOQr_urtxV6-gUL4prW7-s-5pmDZYl3R-75iEeBsrh9UfuQFxYdMcdD64D_5cVteCxk=w1223-h917-no

ChurroForSure-O

The stacked sapphire beads really are great for globs at low temps. I found that smaller dabs disappear in a not-so-ideal way, however. Uptemp tech with 1 or 2 spheres and an insert are most effective in my experience for stretching out smaller doses.

These spheres really bring dabs to the next level! So many awesome ways to utilize them depending on the type of dab you wanna go for.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
in that video it was really low as i forgot i had to mess with the phone's camera at first so it was at 445f on the IR gun when i went to dab before realizing i wanted to record it. So i would say 430f maybe 425f when it touched down.

I noticed with more beads, the heat holds longer on the sapphire insert walls compared to no beads. Also note that the video isnt stacked beads. Just one layer of beads on the bottom. If i tried stacking inside this sapphire insert, i would need to use the gordo riptide cap and not a bubble cap as the tip would touch the beads. That should change when i get the Eternal 30mm.

I did a huge ass rip, probably like .35g dab of some old mid grade shatter with the 25 ruby & sapphire stacked in my huge ass PB insert and XXL 36mm PB flat top at like 475F. But the temp dropped to fast with quartz insert instead of sapphire. But I pasted out and didnt want to get up yesterday for work.

ChurroForSure-O

in that video it was really low as i forgot i had to mess with the phone's camera at first so it was at 445f on the IR gun when i went to dab before realizing i wanted to record it. So i would say 430f maybe 425f when it touched down.

I noticed with more beads, the heat holds longer on the sapphire insert walls compared to no beads. Also note that the video isnt stacked beads. Just one layer of beads on the bottom. If i tried stacking inside this sapphire insert, i would need to use the gordo riptide cap and not a bubble cap as the tip would touch the beads. That should change when i get the Eternal 30mm.

I did a huge ass rip, probably like .35g dab of some old mid grade shatter with the 25 ruby & sapphire stacked in my huge ass PB insert and XXL 36mm PB flat top at like 475F. But the temp dropped to fast with quartz insert instead of sapphire. But I pasted out and didnt want to get up yesterday for work.

I guess when I tested with multiple beads, I stacked them in to fill a 20mm obsidian insert, so the walls held their heat relatively well. But the dab was eaten. I should try a single layer of beads, though. Thanks for pointing that out @Shooby

ChurroForSure-O,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I guess when I tested with multiple beads, I stacked them in to fill a 20mm obsidian insert, so the walls held their heat relatively well. But the dab was eaten. I should try a single layer of beads, though. Thanks for pointing that out @Shooby

Lower your temp to closer to 400F if your using sic or obsidian i would guess to not have your dab get eaten up. You want it to puddle when you the dab touches down with lil vape, not sizzle and vapes and to get that is lower the temp. And removing a few beads could help.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Nautilus Glass. $350 for 18mm and $400 for 24mm plus shipping.

If your interested in one, let me know.

Shooby,
Top Bottom