• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Quartz Banger Thread

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I havent been giving my enails any love these days. Gone through a few different days i didnt even turn it on. And i got a Big Shot Recently and this is now my travel kit.
lb7mIn4ljIzbAFU_qiXSnyKjZ43r5ob3v7mcjnPs_Uh6J4Sx8WOyITJFioXIMXEP53GHAIAoNcR8kaDkSKv38fnU3SugmmwiXCAxxWCWS7NEzFaLUtNFmnLSLxvyrCdcUMyMMvy3TeVOHKSCh-BLp0923O9-xpfebssg9Tvkf2GXFA528MrMMqSV6yfIUzVn-_VV4FBho5GbS3ZLJppaFzFl_Z1oVvET8goa-UMIh5U9xQ5Sxrw4lnWV94D_XSVuD1emgHHRJ-CknwiBLzF1x1PQEQtgLcvOP8Hpkc9Dn_09Gzqu4x6RmXCRNHAquA2hHSR5GJ5_bULDTuJ-wRyqN1JLZJMs5MkRk_fVhEenckH30afs9-ff9pAPEtOgk9mrfwVNDO-a79rVFXop11mzHk1CefsL7vlC_8z_SyCbm8O5_w8LOQTQ-Uvtbx0jYJDh8TD0JY8iIrQdB45Q4nhomvCbvDK5eOOD_05bMggwMA_k6Ekj0DKgMap_GQPbL1DlnxSF7k-xwKblhIs9FXyJKBlOx9E1DuMXfC8KjZGQ4VYPbUFiSBBYZeV77EIQUkfndVmA-8swLAjpFyljivRQ8K8FEr564SPSy2I1kGzzd1fCkbTqGTrwRH7Ep7wCnk7crCDahS-fdZSaAoBF_W-8Uum2WvhiFWMj=w468-h624-no

Here is a shot of my dab just now. 6 sapp beads inside.

Even afterwards, using two qtips, cleans up really well at these low temps. Almost like new....
g4GDUJZEveZs5VhMQgVFFKZChFci8MgqiQvyAJUAz7Zm2uUaqhpdO8w9OrpArVPurUu6xlHaS4IbxjH8C60c0ioyxzVCVVtQJ-hQaUGxhg7EpFeP846gHPGSbDKwooJCpbOgou8dwxrQgdJC_nuAqxR_Y3LgXjkv3IZVlDW5E5bKuTuowiSvCK6SuKSIAPb73UZiUr1rdyoq2sZhVbrBe-B-3DzgKq9zsvJjGL7D9SNe0L7QA3XpPVKd52E3WB07Y9nb7rGb-lHQZqYmJZuJlzH8wCoT9SmxUXrA2uRfeoi11U3QN-uU1l9EuAFfvSeUhvAUd4I6OIelZ3CSa_hKyeOkNGJQoINxiv4F4990VLgsI9uGSTnZlG9-YKw6GkGK81Y5AouE3q-6Hq6teIGuf6jnuvwRYREUO7jfL1nGCZhXFMvTBOm42KWDSsiFzdocD3S8DBgXU3XqWOV8DBnH4gWZlcdPxCxpAOfdExe93mWcpQE1XQebH_6TLSRcS8KLK4phcjGxrwnPe7RorzvFy7_U2hpLtEfOonKWtj3CvTAIOi03Ocii7lkTPxBqXbQfueJ9HEL7lO6WKv0iK-N9TyvKC0EtGO6NqE1VP4hmaie6thSo0qzxxvGW8Qi-a8wtU1K7Y8VARs9JDAgDOkGp8JGGJ0jlVkHC=w832-h624-no

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Thank you my kind friend. I use this set up minus the rig at home lately. i switch to one of the other leisures at home which lately is either the baby jesus or the new lil dub. But the Big Shot is loud AF. I cant hear my TV when thats on. im in my buddys back yard sunday and the conversation is paused for a min while i torch. we tried to talk but gave up until i stopped.

This Big Shot is a hell of a improvement over my 6 inch newport. Quicker heat up times and holds much more butane which makes it last longer. plus, its so easy to use. Just kinda tricky to turn off with one hand is the only aspect. I have to put something down to turn off.

The IR gun is a must too for torching and using a sapphire insert. The semi polished aspect of it is perfect for it too so the gun can read it. They arent expensive either on amazon. $20 on avg.

Danksta

Thank you my kind friend. I use this set up minus the rig at home lately. i switch to one of the other leisures at home which lately is either the baby jesus or the new lil dub. But the Big Shot is loud AF. I cant hear my TV when thats on. im in my buddys back yard sunday and the conversation is paused for a min while i torch. we tried to talk but gave up until i stopped.

This Big Shot is a hell of a improvement over my 6 inch newport. Quicker heat up times and holds much more butane which makes it last longer. plus, its so easy to use. Just kinda tricky to turn off with one hand is the only aspect. I have to put something down to turn off.

The IR gun is a must too for torching and using a sapphire insert. The semi polished aspect of it is perfect for it too so the gun can read it. They arent expensive either on amazon. $20 on avg.

The Bed Bath and Beyond torch this forum likes is one to consider. It's not as loud as the Big Shot but very very powerful when set to max. BBB offers lifetime warranty too on their products so I get a new one once a year. You might dig it.

Glad the leisures are treating you well. He does such nice work.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
@bizwaxzion Im not and im not sure if i can even adjust it. I will have to check but i dont think i can.

Opaque would be higher as the surface isnt really smooth. The sapphire i have isnt fully polished and has a rough texture as well.

I have checked IR against the ktype on the 30mm and was fairly close.

@Danksta i didnt know that. Do you know which one? possible a link if you got the time. Lifetime warranty on a product you use often is def. a selling point. I may just get one as back up. Thanks!!

Danksta

@bizwaxzion Im not and im not sure if i can even adjust it. I will have to check but i dont think i can.

Opaque would be higher as the surface isnt really smooth. The sapphire i have isnt fully polished and has a rough texture as well.

I have checked IR against the ktype on the 30mm and was fairly close.

@Danksta i didnt know that. Do you know which one? possible a link if you got the time. Lifetime warranty on a product you use often is def. a selling point. I may just get one as back up. Thanks!!

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...1qotyA-pH-NtjghMz8gaAnwQEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've already exchanged it twice (be sure to keep box and receipt for ease). VERY worthwhile purchase for dabbers.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I disagree. I steer people away from those bedbathandbeyond torches... unless you want to deal with numerous exchanges.

In any scenario, it doesnt hold a candle to the BigShot. BigShot is only slightly more money, but SOOO much more torch. It is far more powerful, and quality is incomparable. 10 sec torch, 30 sec cool down= perfection.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I just got my new Toro Grail XL long neck and threw on the 25mm MiniNail coil that i stretched out a bit. Not trying to lose two toros.

Powered on the MiniNail OG and took a hit at 450F set on the PID and dam it was a strong, fuller hit. Not a burnt, hot hit but almost close to that point. I lowered the temp to like 433f.

So i pull out my Ktype and and stabbed my Toro with the 18mm sapp inside full with 6 sapp beads in the middle and waited and the rest you can see.

Why i say 440 avg with the IR gun is because when im in the middle, you can see about the 1 minute mark a group that is around 440F.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Man @Shooby has me VASing hard for a sapphire insert after he mentioned to me that he notes even smoother vapor.

Here's a lil dab of some KushWreck flower sauce I juiced on the Dabpress. 555F on the PID, (wish mine was compensated like Shooby's dude, that MiniNail is dope!) the vapor production off the opaque Quartz at this low temp is insane! Sorry for the ugly Velcro leash, it keeps this small ass rig from falling over - really hoping my clip kit from @710Coils takes care of that!

Danksta

Man @Shooby has me VASing hard for a sapphire insert after he mentioned to me that he notes even smoother vapor.

Here's a lil dab of some KushWreck flower sauce I juiced on the Dabpress. 555F on the PID, (wish mine was compensated like Shooby's dude, that MiniNail is dope!) the vapor production off the opaque Quartz at this low temp is insane! Sorry for the ugly Velcro leash, it keeps this small ass rig from falling over - really hoping my clip kit from @710Coils takes care of that!

He's right. It is indeed smoother. Feed the VAS! :D

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Interesting perspective thanks. Really good info. Grail it is I guess. I’m in need of a 14mm for some of my pieces so I don’t keep using an adapter on my 10mm Crystal Star

I’ve heard the latest Evan Shores are really improved. I guess since about a year ago. I have a few friends who now even say they are their favorite bangers on the market.
I haven't used any really new Evan Shores, but I've used some older ones and they work fine. I don't notice any major differences between an ESB or a QCB. It has a unique shape but it's made out of the same material and both bangers have the same base and wall thickness so they're functionally quite similar. IMO.

I wanted to ask you, owning the 10mm Crystal Star, is there any reason you wouldn't want to go for a 14mm from the same company? I've had the opportunity to try many of the Crystal Star bangers in 25mm and 30mm and they function fantastically for torch use. The extra thick bottom requires a substantial heat up, but has incredible heat retention. Great banger for FTK twokah dabs due to the retention. However, due to the extra thick bottom and star cutout, it's not the banger I'd choose to use with an e-nail, nor is the 30mm a great option for inserts- its curved bottom works really well for direct dabs, but prevents optimal fitment of a 6ml sauce jar, or an insert.

Speaking of inserts I wanted to ask our resident quartz/sapphire insert expert @Shooby about any preferences towards sapphire inserts. Any particular brands stand out? Any more thoughts on your clearance issue?I have an Augusthaus banger and coil coming, as well as a locally made 30mm banger on order to swap out (because while I have no qualms dabbing off Chinese quartz... I really need a beveled top banger for a bubble cap.) And eventually I'll want to try out a quality sapphire insert for it, for sure. The only one I've heard awesome things from non FCer's about so far are the Adapt Tech inserts, which don't come cheap!

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I haven't used any really new Evan Shores, but I've used some older ones and they work fine. I don't notice any major differences between an ESB or a QCB. It has a unique shape but it's made out of the same material and both bangers have the same base and wall thickness so they're functionally quite similar. IMO.

I wanted to ask you, owning the 10mm Crystal Star, is there any reason you wouldn't want to go for a 14mm from the same company? I've had the opportunity to try many of the Crystal Star bangers in 25mm and 30mm and they function fantastically for torch use. The extra thick bottom requires a substantial heat up, but has incredible heat retention. Great banger for FTK twokah dabs due to the retention. However, due to the extra thick bottom and star cutout, it's not the banger I'd choose to use with an e-nail, nor is the 30mm a great option for inserts- its curved bottom works really well for direct dabs, but prevents optimal fitment of a 6ml sauce jar, or an insert.

Speaking of inserts I wanted to ask our resident quartz/sapphire insert expert @Shooby about any preferences towards sapphire inserts. Any particular brands stand out? Any more thoughts on your clearance issue?I have an Augusthaus banger and coil coming, as well as a locally made 30mm banger on order to swap out (because while I have no qualms dabbing off Chinese quartz... I really need a beveled top banger for a bubble cap.) And eventually I'll want to try out a quality sapphire insert for it, for sure. The only one I've heard awesome things from non FCer's about so far are the Adapt Tech inserts, which don't come cheap!

You dont have any options at this point. Nautilus is the first to have a company to grow and machine for quartz flat top use. The only other option at this time is a 30mm CCA sapphire insert. Or buying a used 20mm CCA sapphire or 28mm dnail sapphire Halo. Those are the only sapphire insert available at this time.

An no matter what, sapphire inserts are not going to be cheap. Never has and most likely never will be.

I'm using both size nautilus sapphires now. And have no issues. The walls are nice and high and thick as well. They are heavy are really solid.

It's an investment but as long as you don't thermal shock it, it will last forever. No wear and tear.

If you torch dab, you can get away with taking two dabs off of one torch. I do that all the time. Or take a dab and pass the time for someone else to dab without retorching. Some are doing 3 but they gotta be going in really fucking hot. I try not to touch down before 500f.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

A cheaper way to pull off similar performance and a bit less taste would be to get a full opaque insert and 5 sapphire spheres or more to fill it. That would only cost you less than half a nautilus sapphire.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
https://www.swissjewel.com

Swiss Jewel sells round sapphire windows, which look just like flat sapphire inserts. And ring jewel bearings made out of sapphire that look like the Dnail inserts.

rasta1004__1770-min.jpg

ring_jewels_large-1-min.jpg

They have tons of sizes and will do custom work. Could be worth reaching out to them. Curious what their windows and bearings run, seeing as their sapphire spheres were so cheap.

My spheres should arrive tomorrow or early next week.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

Swiss Jewel sells round sapphire windows, which look just like flat sapphire inserts. And ring jewel bearings made out of sapphire that look like the Dnail inserts.

rasta1004__1770-min.jpg

They have tons of sizes and will do custom work. Could be worth reaching out to them. Curious what their windows and bearings run, seeing as their sapphire spheres were so cheap.

I already done this with MFR Asia and they require 200-300 per month mins and they cost over $150 each for 18mm and 23mm. 16mm was the cheapest at $125. Not including any import or shipping fee and money transfer fee. No warranty and 6-9 months of testing to make sure it works and doesnt break or crack. I would need a partner for this so i gave up. Which is why the selling price of $300 isnt bad for retail.

Spheres are only $5-$6 everywhere that isnt selling it for Vape purpose. At most, $9. ESB selling them for $30 and pocketing $25 each... Nice ass ROI. But they actually packaged it up. Eternal making $15 each and just puts it in bags like Cryptic.

**Edit**

Even yesterday, Josh from CCA in his live feed said yesterday it would cost him over $100K to just get 20mm sapphires again. This sapphire game just isnt cheap as they have to be grown.

Last edited:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Canceled my Eternal order for Peak insert. Been 10 days and still hadn’t shipped. Ridiculous!
HAHA... I had to threaten to file a dispute with my credit card on an email Monday for both others from 7/10 that they had in stock but didnt ship. An hour after that email, i get a tracking number that doesnt ship for another 3 days.

So i completely understand you canceling. They state 7-10 days to ship so i gave them 10 days and gave them til 5pm on the 10th day and now, i sorta wish i just canceled and got something else. Ive heard that this is very normal for Eternal Quartz who is now on my DO NOT BUY LIST.

They claim they ship every Weds and Friday but that was lies too. They just seem to be a mess but you can always count on them to post on IG and not ship your orders. lol. I should be receiving both orders from them today actually, i just check tracking.

MAbud

HAHA... I had to threaten to file a dispute with my credit card on an email Monday for both others from 7/10 that they had in stock but didnt ship. An hour after that email, i get a tracking number that doesnt ship for another 3 days.

So i completely understand you canceling. They state 7-10 days to ship so i gave them 10 days and gave them til 5pm on the 10th day and now, i sorta wish i just canceled and got something else. Ive heard that this is very normal for Eternal Quartz who is now on my DO NOT BUY LIST.

They claim they ship every Weds and Friday but that was lies too. They just seem to be a mess but you can always count on them to post on IG and not ship your orders. lol. I should be receiving both orders from them today actually, i just check tracking.

Totally!! They tried to make me feel like an ass about it...they told me that they aren’t Amazon and 10+ days is not a long time to wait for something. Come on...

MAbud,
Reactions: 710Coils

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I want to like their shit but their attitude is just piss poor. I dont expect them to get parts to me in 2 days but ship the parts in the time you specify which is 7-10 days which is a bit excessive to ship parts in stock.

ChurroForSure-O

rasta1004__1770-min.jpg

Now I’m wondering about a sapphire donut or wafer to fit a sai. That would be so tite. There’s also some “cup jewel” shapes that look like small dishes.

https://www.swissjewel.com/products/jewel-bearings/cup-jewels/

ChurroForSure-O,
Reactions: 710Coils

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I got my Mayoral 24mm flat top yesterday. Its def. not worth the $$$. $180 plus $12 to ship. QC is just terrible. Both the first one i received with the crack and now this one both look like factory seconds. Bubbles in the walls and the neck not being 90 degrees. More like 105 degrees. It has a thick bottom which is the only thing going for it. But where they weld the thick bottom on the tube walls left a lot of uneven glass on the outside walls causing distortion when looking through.

Using it was fine, no real issues other than not being 90 degrees. With so many choices for American quartz flat top buckets at the $200 ish price. I dont see any reason to choice Mayoral over any other brand. Hoyes would be way better if they used scientific joints. Time to torch this bitch and see how it does.

With all this said, i could not recommend Mayoral. The customer service wasnt bad when they messed up my original order by having a local smoke shop send me their defective quartz. Took them 3 weeks to get me a working bucket in my hands from order date.

My new quave flat top should arrive today. I ordered that on Thursday so no issues with Quave so far. Up next is either another Toro XXL or a Evan Shore Long Jawn just to try out a ESB.

Top Bottom