Quartz Banger Thread

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
NEGLASSART.com has some limited run Toro Grail XL with a extra long neck for $210 shipped. I bought one.

image_fa4093f3-cb75-4b32-a85e-76ba6f08e7ea_1024x1024.jpg

He just got them in and i think he posted it on his site last night. The longer neck helps protects your rigs from heat.

He also has some of his own NEGLASSART quartz flat tops like the new Quartz Hammer with extra long bucket for $125 which is made by Dave Weirdeer.

Next week, he will have some NEGLASSART quartz made by Evan Shores as well as some made by Dale Sommers.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Very cool! As just wish they were opaque bottoms as that’s what I am after

Grail Opaques are not hard to find and are even cheaper than the Grails.

Just not sure on the Grail Opaque with long necks. I didnt learn of this until last night.

MAbud

Grail Opaques are not hard to find and are even cheaper than the Grails.

Just not sure on the Grail Opaque with long necks. I didnt learn of this until last night.

Back and forth on whether I want the next banger I try to be the opaque grail or an HE gavel

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Back and forth on whether I want the next banger I try to be the opaque grail or an HE gavel
I have never held a Grail opaque. I have played with the HE and to me, I feel like the HE is china made in terms of quality build. Also with all the issues people has had with it, bucket separating from neck, opaque falling off the bottom and the different interior dimensions they didnt even know about almost points towards China or cheaply US made. Which is why i stayed away from HE quartz. Does anyone know who actually makes the quartz for HE? I dont if they are made in USA or not.

I know the newest versions fixed the interior dimensions and no longer need to do a penny test to see which gavel you got. Speaking with many retailers, many agree the gavel is poorly made and if it wasnt for the opaque bottom, it would be on par with china quartz.

$195 Grail opaque vs $180 HE Gavel. Lately, the gavel is heavily discounted to $140 ish even post 710 and there is stock everywhere. Local smoke shops and online too. The Toros are a bit harder to find.

MAbud

Interesting perspective thanks. Really good info. Grail it is I guess. I’m in need of a 14mm for some of my pieces so I don’t keep using an adapter on my 10mm Crystal Star

I’ve heard the latest Evan Shores are really improved. I guess since about a year ago. I have a few friends who now even say they are their favorite bangers on the market.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I would recommend Toro over HE but that is me. I also do a lot of homework when i spend thousands of dollars on this shit. Im a sales person so i am basically putting together a spreadsheet of what im doing with these quartz buckets and will make a review on them one day.

Back to the Gavel, it was the first quartz bucket i wanted TBH. but when i held it at my buddys shop, i was like this feels cheap. Everytime im at his store, im always asking if he has one out of the sealed packaged just so i can look and feel it.

I hear really good things about ESB and see them at my buddies shop. I have not considered one until recently ONLY due to the bell bottom bucket as it does not allow for enail coil but since i have been torching much more, the ESB 24mm XL long jawn is really tempting me as that would work great as my 24/25mm torch quartz.

By just looking and holding the ESB, its on the same level of the Pukinbeagle black and gold by Ron. The regular PB flat tops arent that bad looking from pictures. The have a fairly long bucket and high neck.

MileHighHuman

Which would provide faster extraction / vaporization?

More spheres inside the bucket, without being able to spin around.

Or,

Less spheres and able to spin around inside of the quartz bucket

Wildeyedzan

Went crazy over the last few months on bangers...got a toro terp slurper ,largest sized suave,brand new highly educated gavel ,inserts...and now I don't use any of them LOL. Hopefully soon I can post on the classifieds and find homes for some of these great quality nails.tbh I originally thought highly educated wasn't good quality but the man behind most of that is a good guy. He replaced my first gavel completely free aside from shipping.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I just purchased these to use with a torch, may look for an hybrid enail coil to use at some point but getting in on this quartz game again for funsies. All cheap stuff

25mm xl flat top - https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-3mm-thick-walls-4mm-bottom-quartz-banger/404761182.html
new-3mm-thick-walls-4mm-bottom-quartz-banger-nail-water-pipes-with-25mm-xl-flat-top-honey-bucket-10mm-14mm-quartz-domeless-nails.jpg

2x 20mm frosted inserts - https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-20mm-flat-top-bottom-thermal-skillet/404842773.html
18mm-20mm-25mm-xl-xxl-quartz-opaque-insert-banger-gavel-nail-with-thick-opaque-white-bottom-flat-top-for-quartz-banger-nails-smoking.jpg

15x 6mm quartz spheres - https://www.dhgate.com/product/domeless-quartz-nail-banger-domeless-quartz/266022613.html
volcanee-6mm-8mm-quartz-terp-pearl-for-domeless-quartz-banger-pearls-ball-10mm-14mm-female-male-joint-for-glass-bongs-water-pipes-bowl.jpg

$30 shipped for all that, hope it's worth it.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I just purchased these to use with a torch, may look for an hybrid enail coil to use at some point but getting in on this quartz game again for funsies. All cheap stuff

25mm xl flat top - https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-3mm-thick-walls-4mm-bottom-quartz-banger/404761182.html
new-3mm-thick-walls-4mm-bottom-quartz-banger-nail-water-pipes-with-25mm-xl-flat-top-honey-bucket-10mm-14mm-quartz-domeless-nails.jpg

2x 20mm frosted inserts - https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-20mm-flat-top-bottom-thermal-skillet/404842773.html
18mm-20mm-25mm-xl-xxl-quartz-opaque-insert-banger-gavel-nail-with-thick-opaque-white-bottom-flat-top-for-quartz-banger-nails-smoking.jpg

15x 6mm quartz spheres - https://www.dhgate.com/product/domeless-quartz-nail-banger-domeless-quartz/266022613.html
volcanee-6mm-8mm-quartz-terp-pearl-for-domeless-quartz-banger-pearls-ball-10mm-14mm-female-male-joint-for-glass-bongs-water-pipes-bowl.jpg

$30 shipped for all that, hope it's worth it.

hey brother, bitchin way to get back into quartz guaranteed! Just a heads up, that banger has 3mm sidewalls so those 20mm inserts won't fit, you'll need to either opt for a banger with 2mm sidewalls or the 18mm inserts!

Alexis

@invertedisdead and @psychonaut I tracked you down here now as well, and boy you guys are really gonna get sick of me soon this is another topic I know dead zero about but may need to do some schooling on very soon possibly.

And with my reading and learning ability still so compromised currently it helps so much with focus and initial anxiety to get a clearer picture of things...to keep asking dumb novice Q's until I can start making sense of things myself.

You guys are fantastic for the generously flowing advice and tips you give, and it is always heavily appreciated. I would of course just read this entire thread and get everything clear myself, and then ask better questions if needs.

But my optic nerve damage makes this task far too difficult, slow and mentally painstaking. I just cant turn my eyes and witts to new topics like I used to. So I kind of have to ask for pointers to clarify and narrow things down to get my teeth into it with so much less anxiety and confusion.

@invertedisdead if I can actually go down the rosin road (harvest and tolerance bidding), expect some pm's bro I cant think of anyone else I would go to first for general tips and advice of the nature and scope I expect. You are equal help to me as @psychonaut who I know is very helpful to you as well.

Scorchio today here in England, just what we need!:cool::)

Last edited:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...just picked up 5x 0.4mm & 5x 0.5mm in both ruby and sapphire balls from swissjewel.com... $4.25usd/ball

...super stoked to give these a try! Thanks to mainly @Shooby :lol:... so wanna try a banger full of beads and a giant chunk of shatter on top! havnt got that thought out of my head since shooby posted it in a thread (i thought it was this thread, but i cant find the post to quote for the life of me)...

...gotta love FC :rockon:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Which would provide faster extraction / vaporization?

More spheres inside the bucket, without being able to spin around.

Or,

Less spheres and able to spin around inside of the quartz bucket

Never got around to answering this because I haven't tried different scenarios. All I've done is 7 in a 24mm sapphire which work great. 14 didn't work that great cuz the flat top bucket was too short. Ive done dabs in the huge ass PB gold 36mm with all 25 inside a bunch of times. That s typically my KO dab for the night.

Once I start getting these quartz in this week, I should start messing around with different set ups and will report back.

The one thing I will say is that I like being able to take a huge ass hit withouy trying to pull hard enough to spin the shit out the balls. My fucking lungs get tired and I just want more air passing.

Spinning the balls has it's pros and cons.

The pros are more obvious so here are the cons.

Messy as fuck first off all. Oil splatters everywhere. Second sorta ruins the taste as your dabbing off combined quartz and sapphire. Third, it's fucking tiresome doing that over and over 20 times throughout the day on your lungs. Especially when you drop a glob and the beads can't spin when it's nearly buried in oil but your trying hard as helll to get it to spin. Honestly better for smaller dabs imo.

Adding more has it's downside too. Too much heat. Hard as hell to clean, One hitter quitter. Glob party. But only the heat is my issue. The beads holds temps very well.

But which gives more vape? TBD.

ChurroForSure-O

You pretty much nailed it. For me, it’s either one or mayybe two balls for smaller doses/spinning novelty, or a buncha beads for massive heat retention on larger doses.

ChurroForSure-O,
Reactions: Shooby

ChurroForSure-O

I think my biggest problem with the spinning balls is that I try to pull harder than usual Just to get that “whizzing” super fast effect while dabbing, but that’s probably cooling down the bucket more than I want. To be more effective in retaining heat, it’s possible they just want to be rolled around slowly.. just a thought.

I’m very eager to try @710Coils Axial coil (once available) for this very reason. If there is any potential heat loss from pulling cold air in harder, the bottom center of the bucket being gauged should be the best way to keep a stable temp.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I very much prefer the Hybrid, Axial, Bucket style coils myself. I have the Augusthaus 30mm which i stretched the coils a bit and a MiniNail 25mm hybrid in the mail. They sent me two 25mm barrels when i ordered one of each. SMH but they sent me a replacement with a return label, talk about good faith in me returning the other 25mm barrel after receiving the correct one. lol... I wouldnt fuck them like that. Ok, back to it, when using my AH 30mm coil on hoyes XXL with the sapphire in it, to get to about 450ish, im at 600F on my classic.

Now i switch to the DC 25mm with sapphire and to get to around 400F, im at 700F on the classic. I was messing around with the 25mm Halen and 18mm sapphire last night using the IR gun to get the sapphire to 450F. (i point the IR gun on the flat top of the Sapphire wall when i torch and get fucking awesome results. I am just trying to duplicate that with the enail and its fucking hard. When i have the classic set on 600F, the temp of the sapp was only at 325F ish.

But when im on the 30mm hoyes, which i just broke yesterday or sat as it tipped over in a cheap 14mm glass stand and broke the neck in half. What pisses me off is cuz i just ordered some nice ass live wood 14mm slide holders to put these american quartz in which is suppose to arrive today which is just a couple days late. At least it was the cheapest of the quartz, Hoyes @ $135. but on that now broken quartz with the 24mm, im consistently at 450F sapp temp @ 615F PID. I bounce around from 600F to 630F.

I def, prefer the 30mm hybrid coil. On top of that, that coil, this coil never broke quartz. The first time using the DC 30mm on toro XXL, the bottom fell off. It could just be bad luck or not. But my goal now is to get a 25mm, 26mm 30mm hybrid, bucket or axial style coils. hint hint @710Coils . 25mm is on its way, i want another 30mm and need a 26mm. I also have been trying to get the 24mm bucket style DC coil that they make for the e.ross. Chris from DC was being all weird when i asked him if i could buy that coil. he said i had to buy the quartz too but i dont want e.ross bucket. The ezbake 24mm bucket style coil is $99. A bit pricey for a coil.

Im not too sure what all this tells me. I think it says i need to reduce the tolerance between the insert and wall on the 18mm sapphire. The 25mm halen has a 2.5mm wall giving it a 20mm ID which is too much. I need it to be 0.75mm to 1mm for heat expansion of the sapphire. I heated a liger to 950F on the PID and had a sapphire inside. I took it out at tried measuring it to see if it would expand up to 1mm. I dont think it did. It was hard as hell to hold it and measure it while its fucking HOT and not wanting to break the dam thing. But i could only see about a .3mm growth. could be a bit more but i dont see it being over .5mm.

Time for a dab. gonna go for 6 sapp beads in a 18mm sapphire.

710Coils

Manufacturer
I am working on placing a small order for some 26mm Axial coils and should have them in a few weeks =)

Also adding some 30mm barrel coils and working on the 30mm axial coil also. All above coils will be under 60.00 with free domestic shipping and wicked fast turn around on orders :rockon:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I am working on placing a small order for some 26mm Axial coils and should have them in a few weeks =)

Also adding some 30mm barrel coils and working on the 30mm axial coil also. All above coils will be under 60.00 with free domestic shipping and wicked fast turn around on orders :rockon:

Put a 26mm axial aside for me when you get that small batch. Consider one sold. And the 30mm axial as well when you eventually get that.

Top Bottom