1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

QB-GON Grinder

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by QB-GON, May 11, 2016.

1. Edward Hyde

Edward Hyde Well-Known Member

i think the main problem with this company is that currently in Greece it is really hard to make business... too much beurocracy and many obstacles in general from capital controls to banking funding programs. also i am pretty sure this guys have some kind of everyday job to make a living and they work on this project on afternoons and weekends which makes it even more difficult. I hope we see some progress with this cause it looks really promising and even the fact that the project has started in the hardest moment for Greek enterpreneurship will make it even more special when finally we get the qbgons in our hands.

GreenHopper, vapen00b and °k like this.
  2. vapen00b

vapen00b various on-demand full convection units

I assume it's still spring time?

GreenHopper likes this.
  3. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Just got this in my inbox:

Edward Hyde likes this.
  4. bleak

bleak Well-Known Member

Looks awesome, can't wait to try one!

Edward Hyde likes this.
  5. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

All of the images on the Original Post in this thread are from photobucket, and therefore not viewable.
    In spite of my doubts back a year ago, I would very much like to see @QB-GON get those onto another server. The patients that come by like to look at FC and they look at my watched threads.
    They want to see the images in that post, as they are numerous, and the item unique.

vapen00b likes this.
  6. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

They now charge $6/month to allow 3rd party hosting...

7. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Sorry to contradict.
    They charge $6 a year for ad free hosting. (no third party hosting)
    They charge $10 a year for no ads and extra storage. (no 3rd party hosting)
    to allow 3rd party hosting they charge $399 a year, or $40 a month.
    [​IMG]
    Info at:
    http://photobucket.com/pricing

GreenHopper and lazylathe like this.
  8. GreenHopper

Got this in my inbox the other week:

Production Update 09/09/17

Can't See This Message? View in a browser

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hey! We just posted a new update on our site!

Click here to read more...

[​IMG]

Here is the content for the update:

QB-GON Production Update, September 9, 2017
    Hello out there! We understand that delays are so annoying, but sometimes things out of control get in the way. We had to hurriedly relocate our production workplace in the midst of summer due to sudden unavailability of our previous place. In search of a new one, our goal was to find a big and comfortable workplace to finish the remaining assemblage and then expand our business capabilities, always considering time and budget grinding limitations. We ended up choosing a spacey but messy warehouse that needed a lot of work and effort in order to become fully operational.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Being a startup company without external funding, most of us work full-time jobs in order to fund our passion, that is setting up and producing QB-GON. That being said, we've managed to clean up and organize the space in a short time and have already finished relocation so that by Monday our assembly line will be back in full operation. We'll post pictures of our new workplace in the next updates and via facebook, as we finalize its structure and design.

Answering to those who express worries and doubts about QB-GON's project, we want to make it clear that we are fully committed to finish production and deliver to our backers as fast as possible. Having failed in giving delivery estimations before, we aren't currently setting a specific date until we are certain it will be definite. We also want to state that backer's funds are always available for anyone who asks for a refund at any point before the delivery stage.

Giveaway Update
    Lastly, we want to make things clear about our first Giveaway (click here for more info about it). Participants of the specific contest will be our initial backers, which are automatically included if they have purchased one of our products by the day the delivery stage begins. Simple subscription won't include someone in the giveaway, but we are planning to organize another giveaway for all our subscribers after the initial launch of QB-GON.

AJS likes this.
  9. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Smells like disappointment in here.

10. GreenHopper

At least they aren't stringing folk along with estimated (bullshit) delivery dates (any more).

11. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Sure, they haven't provided dates, lol after all this time, they probably don't even have a solid timeline for production yet.

It is just painfully over-engineered.

12. GreenHopper

I agree, I ended up requesting a refund ages ago when they missed their first deadline. However I appreciate they are battling to get their business up and running in a very difficult climate and I'm impressed they haven't thrown in the towel.

In regards to the design, I like the wood styling but I'm not convinced the mechanism is all that functional. It looks to me like you'd have to keep feeding it small nugs which would be a bit of a pain.

13. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

The videos that were shown earlier showing the hands actually stuffing nugs in... turning the various levels to finally get the herb worked into the mechanism are no longer available.
    There is one video "depicting" the mechanism, but it is doctored... a couple of twists and the chamber at the bottom is filled with herb.
    In may 2016, QB-Gon sent me p.M.s with videos, that are no longer "available" of the unit actually grinding some herb. It looked painfully slow.
    I told him in the message exchange that (note #5 and #6):

GreenHopper likes this.
  14. GreenHopper

Oh man 5 + 6 are total deal breakers.

5 would be a pain but 6 is just intolerable.

Thanks for the clarification @Vitolo

Vitolo likes this.
  15. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Can someone please repost #5 and 6??
    That light yellow is unreadable on my screen.
    thanks

Vitolo likes this.
  16. GreenHopper

Here ya go bud,

#5 You must hand feed small amounts of meds at a time.

#6 The meds that are hand fed into device must be poked down, and then tapped around to get into the machinery.

Vitolo and MinnBobber like this.
  17. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

It would be great if @QB-GON would weigh in here and let us know what is up directly.
    Last post he made to this forum was in July 2016... over a year ago.
    While I may not feel this is a functional grinder that can be easily used, or cleaned, I would still like to see the OP for this thread come in and speak up.

GreenHopper likes this.
  18. TboneToker

TboneToker Medical Enthusiast

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors