QB-GON Grinder

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
It‘s alive and ready for sale :)
never dared to preorder due to lack of communication and everything, but now price has doubled as it seems. 80 bucks was hard for me to justify, but this ones way too steep, I’m out :(
Still best of luck !!!

0662470e-3454-4961-897f-41cd56439e6c.png
QB-GON
Handcrafted Premium Grinder
8629570a-c1f7-458d-9615-60c4a69a030f.jpg
Dear Subscriber,
As history's, most miserable year is about to end and after 4 long years of trial and error, design refinement, effort, mentally and physically pain, we are both happy and proud to say the very first commercial version of QB-GON is finally here!
We currently have in stock the very first batch with a limited supply, ready to ship. Don't forget to visit our NEW store to see what's new and learn more!
b4e1c916-df59-49d5-82b7-7616611d94fe.jpg
Website

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Wow.
That was a long time coming, and I am impressed that he carried this project to completion!
I took note that the images in the initial posts are showing restored photo bucket images.
Congratulations QB-GON.
Hopefully this will begin a new wave of interest in this tool!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yeah, that's a grinder! Finally one which seems pretty exciting.

It's not cheap but I can't say it's expensive in regard of others (much simplers) grinders in this pricetag. Too much interesting new things around recently!

PPN,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this grinder, but I cant get on board for so many reasons... no wonder it has taken 4 years and still not in the market, the [poor/ over-engineered] design must be fighting them every single step of the way.

It has got to be a nightmare to keep all these blades clean, and not bent or broken.

I don't often maintain this amount of skepticism for a grinder, but my initial reaction is below from years ago...
I hope they did not spend their last 4 years polishing a turd.

All that said, it is aesthetic and I love wood. I would enjoy being proven way wrong about my initial impressions. Anyone have one coming?

Am I the only one that thinks KISS is best? It is certainly innovative but I am not sold that this is an improvement over teeth grinders with regards to grind quality, durability, or efficiency.

This seems so complicated, so many pairs of spinning blades, I'm doubtful it can stay effortless to spin unless you have somehow isolated the bearings from debris... Pardon the heavy skepticism but a nice hard nug seems to always bring death to every blade-style grinder I have ever seen.

I do like the aesthetics and modular design, perhaps I can be proven wrong but I'll wait for reviews.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Guys, I said, months ago, in this thread how I ordered a QB-GON grinder, a solid grinder made in Greece with wood encasing and blades mechanism. To be honnest before to get it I wasn't impressed, but I talked with the maker and decided to support his idea and bought a unit, I got a tiny discount but it's not a low budget grinder since it retails at 139€.

Here the grinder:

qb-gon-grinder-changes-everything-prep-bud-1-1000x600.jpg

In short there is 4 layers:
- top layer, you have to remove it to load the grinder or to remove the mechanism of blades
- medium up layer, it contains the mechanism
- medium bottom layer, it's the collection chamber, there is a screen (removeable) to allow kief to go throug in the last layer chamber
- bottom layer is the kief collection chamber or the main chamber if, like me you remove the screen. the metal cup is magnetically attached

Every layer is magnetically attached to each others and you can flip them to work your own "custom" design, yes ALL layers are flip-able!

The mechanism is made of moving blades AND every moving blade have its unmoving counterpart blade. made from stainless steel. There was a lot of different mechanisms tested.

qb-gon-grinder-changes-everything-prep-bud-2.jpg

The mechanism shown here is old, the two differents versions I had wasn't similar to this one.

The one I ordered came in during Falls 2020, I'm a grower and the weed wasn't dry enough at the moment, and usually I haven't flowers with less than 45% RH since I'm living in a old stone made house in a forest. This is to say I initially disliked the QB-GON cause it was impossible to turn only after 2-3 loads of pretty moist flowers and since I use that sort of moistur content all the time... although I noticed a lot of grinders can't handle that moisture level well enough. So, after a good cleaning (I'll come back on that topic above), I tried to dry a lot more some buds and noticed the QB-GON handled it perfectly, very fine grind size using that first mechanism but requires very well dried flowers (less than 30%RH I believe).
Maybe I'm a dick but I said the QB-GON guys their grinder would be unusuable for me since most of my flowers have a high humidity content, I like that for the fresher taste rather than too dry flowers, by the past I was placing some buds on an electrical device slightly hot to dry it but with kids I can't do that anymore.
After some months I got a mail saying a new mechanism was available for beta testing in order to get the grinder to work with moist flowers and for faster grind (it was another issue I noticed with the first mechanism but related to moisture also). And it works like specified with practically no build up on the blades, fill it, a few turns and the load is gone in the bottom chamber! Even with pretty moist flowers. I'm not allowed to specify the exact differences about mechanism but the grind is definitively on the coarse side... for me it's nice too although I know a lot of peoples appreciate the most finer grinds. It's very easy to turn for both mechanisms with appropriatly cured flowers!

IMG-20210127-211155.jpg

Here you can see the new mechanism grind size And here the stock "old" mechanism grind size

The cleaning is easier than for others grinders, mechanism is the only part where there is build up, you just have to dismantle it (it's fast and easy) and throw eveyrithing in an iso jar, a quick brush, rinse and dry. since all parts are flat it's easier than teeth based grinders.

The nice things is they are planning to sell it, in the future, with different mechanism options in regard to the customer preference. As well they mentionned an incoming 3 parts versions. I really appreciate how deep they are going in testing mechanisms, patterns, configurations in order to try to satisfy anybody with the same unit, I believe it is their main goal but since peoples are so different they will probably sell custom mechanism (not for one people but for a grind's style). Please notice the actuals units for sale come with the fine grind mechanism.

Really, my doubts are gone, if you want a high end grinder with great support and you are ready to spend the right cost you can give a try to the QB-GON grinder. On top of that it's a great looking device!

PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
You were very patient for 5 years waiting for this to happen.
You deserve a great Grinder!
I didn't thought about that grinder... until I re-read that thread, last september, right after I contacted the QB-GON guy (it looks like a small company it's not the main job of this guys). So no waiting time for me, I received it a few days after I placed my order, no patience involved here :tup:

I'm pleased with that tool (I still have difficulties to call it "a grinder"... maybe a Slicer) despite it cost me + twice the price of my other best grinder (a second hand full SS Roeil Crown), I have 2 mechanisms (coarse and fine), extra mechanism is 9€ if I remenber well, it's very easy and fast to change mechanism, just open the grinder, pull out the mechanism, replace with the one you want and it's okay!

I'm not payed to support this company, I appreciate what they did and want to spread the word. It's expensive but not so much than the most High end others devices. There is no aluminium and there is stainless sleeves to avoid the weed to be in contact with the wood. It's a well engineered tool and an artisan product. You know time is the most relative thing in our existence!

Top Bottom