Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

weedemon

enthusiast
cool contest!

I will mail mine off tomorrow. I am an amateur nature photo guy, and would like to send one of my own 4x6 photos. it's pretty much a "postcard"... Can I send that in an evelope?

weedemon,
Purple-Days said:
All units are about 6 weeks +/- 2-3 days. We operate on a single file system. The line forms at the rear. Next in line is next. I make units in groups and they go out in bunches. NOBODY, has ever paid extra to get to the head of the line. :cool: We have been asked many times. :/

I believe 2-10 goes this week, Pammy is away helping a friend and returns this evening. I better not touch the paperwork, but I'm sure it will.

+++

If you are set to 25 posts per page (default) look at post # 7275. Don't miss out !

No worries here, Tom; I am patient, and expected a 6+ week's wait.

random_numbers,

Purple-Days

^^^ We have received post cards and drawings and pictures in envelopes before, no problem, post cards are slow, just follow the basic rules. I'll be the final judge, but I'm pretty lax. Last contest everyone won something, you never know . . . :cool:

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
You dont really NEED an adapter at all, however, I dont really like the airflow provided by sticking the hose directly into the downstem. A 14mm bent adapter is best if you can find a good one, not every adapter is designed the same so they are all different.

I second the advice above regarding the pack for use with the bong.

It's part my inexperience and the novelty of the newness of it, and it 's part true awesomeness for what it really is, but I am loving the Soul Shine bong with the PD, the VB and I'll throw in combustion in the spirit of blasphemy. It is my favorite vape accessory by far. I did the combusting thing Fri nite using the slider with some friends - they're not crazy about vaping - and it was fantastic. it's working great with the PD - takes very little experimentation to get this happening and the feedback aspect of watching the water does help, and soon I'm in a different galaxy. Last night tried it with the VB - just hooked the hose directly into the downstem - and I think it worked flawlessly. No issue regarding airflow. Nice tight seal.
I did remove the mouthpiece - I'm sure that's a good idea.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
weedemon said:
ok sweet i posted mine off this morning!:peace:

You'll like. It took two weeks for it to arrive from within the US so be patient. It seems like the water activates or enlivens the vapor, quite impressive. all i can say is that it brings this whole thing to another level.

jeffp,

weedemon

enthusiast
jeffp said:
weedemon said:
ok sweet i posted mine off this morning!:peace:

You'll like. It took two weeks for it to arrive from within the US so be patient. It seems like the water activates or enlivens the vapor, quite impressive. all i can say is that it brings this whole thing to another level.

hehe oops my post was misleading, I meant i mailed off my postcard to Tom and Pam. im only 2 weeks in on waiting for the order i placed.

what do you mean by water though ie: water inside the plant material

I gotta say I am pumped and eager to give it a try!

weedemon,

hereatlast

jeffp seems to have been posting regarding his recent initiation into vapor-bonging or vaping with water-filtration.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new process jeffp, it certainly is exciting.

hereatlast,

Cleanfiend

Spring Cleaning was in order, today. In my closet (out of rotation), I put my glassware, my silver surfer vaporizer, and my collection of candles. It's just me, my PD, and some Lemon Eucalyptus Essential Oil.

From a functionality perspective, I am marveled that the same device that facilitates potentially unwanted odors (vaporized herbs) also doubles as an aromatherapy diffusor to potentially combat or mask the unwanted odors. Brilliant example of divergent thinking, IMO.

I'm really happy with my PD :)

Cleanfiend,

mlo4sho

Cleanfiend said:
Spring Cleaning was in order, today. In my closet (out of rotation), I put my glassware, my silver surfer vaporizer, and my collection of candles. It's just me, my PD, and some Lemon Eucalyptus Essential Oil.

From a functionality perspective, I am marveled that the same device that facilitates potentially unwanted odors (vaporized herbs) also doubles as an aromatherapy diffusor to potentially combat or mask the unwanted odors. Brilliant example of divergent thinking, IMO.

I'm really happy with my PD :)

I feel the same way. Right now I'm enjoying some French Vanilla oil. My bedroom smells so pleasant and no burning, wow!

mlo4sho,

Nycdeisel

jeffp said:
Nycdeisel said:
You dont really NEED an adapter at all, however, I dont really like the airflow provided by sticking the hose directly into the downstem. A 14mm bent adapter is best if you can find a good one, not every adapter is designed the same so they are all different.

I second the advice above regarding the pack for use with the bong.

It's part my inexperience and the novelty of the newness of it, and it 's part true awesomeness for what it really is, but I am loving the Soul Shine bong with the PD, the VB and I'll throw in combustion in the spirit of blasphemy. It is my favorite vape accessory by far. I did the combusting thing Fri nite using the slider with some friends - they're not crazy about vaping - and it was fantastic. it's working great with the PD - takes very little experimentation to get this happening and the feedback aspect of watching the water does help, and soon I'm in a different galaxy. Last night tried it with the VB - just hooked the hose directly into the downstem - and I think it worked flawlessly. No issue regarding airflow. Nice tight seal.
I did remove the mouthpiece - I'm sure that's a good idea.

On a new level? now that is saying something!
and sorry, what I meant was that it had a different kind of airflow and suction without the adapter, not that the seal wasnt adequite. Sometimes I even found the plastic tubing getting stuck to the downstem and getting sticky near the end. It doesnt make a bad seal though, just not my favorite.
great to see that you love it as much as I do!

Nycdeisel,

liontea

greetings from Canada
I ordered a purple days to go with my vaporgenie a week and a day ago... not that i am counting :rolleyes:
looking forward to it to say the least. didn't have anything to say just thought i would say hi instead of just lurking.

liontea,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Hopefully mine ships this week, ordered it 2/10.
Waiting has been interesting... I ended up buying a walnut dinning room table, cant wait to see them together.
Im a pretty heavy user, so I hope the PD is up the the task. Honestly Im becoming quite jaded with the ssv.

Edit: Received the shipping confirmation email today!

Nebera,

Frickr

my sapale pd came while i was away on spring break. gotta say this thing is even more beautiful in person then in the pictures. the vapors alot lighter and the abv comes out a nice golden color. i'll have to get a few pictures today of it. but thank you tom and pammy for the wonderful craftsmanship, and the exceptional customer service. truely makes the pd experiance one of a kind. :D

Frickr,

Kif-Kif

Hi FC forum!

I joined to thank Tom and Pam.
My Myrtlewood PD shipped this morning, so I'm on the last leg of the wait! (I ordered 2/11)

Thanks Tom for posting the photos of the shop, and the interesting information, it really made the wait easier.

I can't wait to try out my PD, and i'll be looking for a good postcard to send into the contest.

Thanks again!

Kif-Kif,

Purple-Days

I'll have to think of some things to show, there are some jigs and tools that I have designed, well, even visitors don't see some stuff. The 4-20 contest jar is sitting in a jig that I use on every PD
(^^ your's too). Most are simple mechanical advantage or alignment , a few are for precision and repeatability (ie. what I just said), some are just to make things easy (ie. is he gonna say it again?). :cool:

Please send those cards, we will enjoy them on the shop walls and sharing them here.

More stuff going tomorrow, don't loose hope if you didn't get a notice today. Still hovering just under or at 6 weeks, working on bringing it lower. Didn't want to rush anybody's unit today, first ones on the list went today the rest go tomorrow mostly through 2-13. ie. we are on track with predictions.

Purple-Days,

Zode

Awesome to hear, Tom! Been lurking on the forums since I ordered mine, but decided to finally register.

Sent my order on 2/14, so hoping it'll go out sometime this week. I have a huge event I'll be at Apr. 9, so if it gets here by then, I'll be ecstatic.

Thanks to you and Pammy for such awesome craftsmanship and service. I eagerly await :D

Zode,

Purple-Days

I am enjoying taking the time to go to a finer sandpaper, or an extra pass or two with a tool, it is the way I want to work. Mr. Moore is looking over my shoulder. :whip: :science: :cool:

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
hereatlast said:
jeffp seems to have been posting regarding his recent initiation into vapor-bonging or vaping with water-filtration.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new process jeffp, it certainly is exciting.

Thanks. Extensive PD bonging tonight. I think I like using this better than the Vapor Brothers, believe it or not with groups, because I found it a little tedious to reposition the VB along with the bong in the direction of everyone who was taking a hit, as opposed to the PD which you just pass around comfortably. On balance, the VB did produce slightly heavier hits, but that's to be expected. I've learned to start slow, and increase inhalation speed and pressure and fluctuate as you see vapor begin to form. Also important to find the water level sweet spot. It is a beautiful thing watching a full cloud of vapor form in the high quality glass tube. It's also a beautiful thing watching the huge exhalation.

I keep mine in the refrigerator before using. (not the PD) - best $60 (plus shipping) I ever spent.

jeffp,

Brood

My PD Review:

My PD arrived on a Saturday. Inside the box:
  • Walnut PD[/*]
  • Power Adapter[/*]
  • Car Adapter[/*]
  • 2 Cloth Bags[/*]
  • Rinse Bottle[/*]
  • The Re-Seating Tool[/*]
  • 3 Stems[/*]
  • Brass Diffuser Cap[/*]
  • Tin of Buzz Butter[/*]
  • Documentation.[/*]
  • ...and a cute postcard from Pam :)[/*]

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Ordering Process:
Wow, this is an example of wonderful customer service. Pam was so patient with me and my questions, changes and requests. Tom and Pammy understand the value of a satisfied customer. On the day of shipment I recieved an email with a tracking number (at the top of the email, thank you) I don't think I waited a day longer than 6 weeks, as planned. If I ever start my own business one day I'm going to do as good of a job as Purple-Days with customer relations and satisfaction.

Workmanship:
The quality in the customer service caries through in the quality of the product. The workmanship on this vape is fabulous. If you pay close attention to spots like the seam where the bison hide meets the wood it shows skilled craftsmanship. The edge is even. There are no gaps, knicks, and the hide is properly flush with the edge with an slight but elegant bevel. No corners were cut. There is no rattling. It's a clean, gorgeous piece and has become one of my favorite devices I own. Thank you for the care and attention to detail Tom. It does not go unnoticed.

Stealth:
The biggest factor in choosing this vape was stealth. The PD has no decernable markings, and it has that diffuser cap, so its easy to turn it on, place some oils on it and now it has a legit reason for being on my desk. The PD looks classy against the surface on my desk.

Draw Technique:
After reading this thread I had a pretty good idea how-to change my draw technique from my MFLB and SSV. I have settled on taking light puffs drawing the vapor into my mouth, and then a quick inhale of air to bring it into my lungs, kinda like smoking a tobbacco pipe I guess. Sometimes I wonder if I'm wasting a bit of vapor because I can see it escaping, but after I see the effects of usage and the amount of material vaped...I'm not all that concerned anymore.

Loading:
My loading technique is sometimes the straw technique, and sometimes the 'stab the pill bottle' technique. I havent tried Toms method of grabbing a pinch with my fingers and loading it by hand. NYCDiesel's suggestions have helped a lot, thx :)

Clouds:
Airflow is definitely less than the SSV, but greater than the MFLB. The clouds are huge, and milky. I couldn't be happier in that regard.

Experience:
The most important part of the vaping experience for me is ease. i want to relax when i vape. The MFLB is work. Shaking and monitoring battery times. It's easy to pick up but it's not enjoyable like a rolled dutch cigarette or the SSV. The PD on the other hand is a very relaxing experience. i just plug it in, load the tube, and puff away :) The surface is always pleasantly warm. The surface is that beautifully dark walnut color. I just love it :)

Efficiency:
The PD cooks the material a golden brown. I could probably take a few more puffs from each load and I have I'm pretty confident it'll never combust based on the info and experiences in this thread, but, I think golden brown is simply good enough for me. I feel satisfied from half a stem, but I sometimes finish it off anyways. Cleaner that way I guess. I used to vape alot more for alot longer in my SSV and I used to get the same effects. The MFLB 'could' beat the PD with efficiency but loses out in every other regard aside from 1, portability and size.

Challenges:
In the interest of being impartial, I should talk about the challenges too. The stem mates with the heat exchanger a lil loose, which in-of-itself is not an issue except when and my lips were dry and the tube came out spilling a most of my fresh ground up load all over my lap. That was a bummer. I don't know if this would have been any different if the stem fit more snuggly, but I figured I'd mention it. That's probably my only complaint. I thought the plastic stem would bother me, but it doesn't at all.

My favorite benefits are probably unique and a bit embarrassing :) I'm not terribly organized, so the 30 min warm up time is good for me, it forces me to be patient and plan. Also, don't have alot've self-control, and once I turn the PD off for a while i know I have to wait another 30 mins before I can start again. The PD forces me to wait and second-guess that impulsive urge to 'top off' the evening with another session. Some might find this annoying, i chalk it up as a nice way to keep my tolerance down and my cash in my pocket.

Overall, i love this vape and I am so glad I wandered into this thread and decided to purchase one.

Thanks again to Tom, Pammy and all of you who contributed to this wonderful resource. the reguklars like stickstones, Iwien, NYCDiesel, Spiral and JeffP have really helped me learn my PD and get thru the waiting period. Thanks again :)

_B_

Brood,

lwien

Great review, Brood. I've had my PD's for over two years now and I like them just as much now as the day I got them. I've had a few others but have always returned to the PD. Soul mates, if you will. ;)

Edit: Hey, that would be a great name for new vape, eh?. "Soul Mate Vaporizer" aka SMV.
----copyright lwien :cool:

(Fuck, I ran out of coffee. Blasting down cups of tea. )

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
Great review, Brood. I've had my PD's for over two years now and I like them just as much now as the day I got them. I've had a few others but have always returned to the PD. Soul mates, if you will. ;)

Edit: Hey, that would be a great name for new vape, eh?. "Soul Mate Vaporizer" aka SMV.
----copyright lwien :cool:

(Fuck, I ran out of coffee. Blasting down cups of tea. )

That was a great review and that's exactly how i feel - there are many very good well made highly functioning vaporizers and they all have their place but the PD's definitely my favorite above all. That said, dude, running out of coffee is a total harsh-mellow. I've got backup to avoid that - a large 39 ounce can at the ready when my Amazon "subscribe and save" monthly delivery of Keurig pods is delayed. So if that happens instead of drinking tea I'm like, OK, it's not a problem, I have this in the meantime.

jeffp,

lwien

^^ My delivery from Paradise Roasters is gonna be here today. I usually time this stuff pretty well, but my one of twins is visiting and staying over for about a week and being that he is a coffee drinker as well, kind of threw off my coffee supplies.

Paradise roasts their beans at time of order, ships out the same day and guarantee a 3 day delivery date so whatever beans I get are super fresh. I'm as much of a coffee fanatic as I am a cannabis fanatic as I am a PD fanatic. Just fun and really pleasurable stuff to get into.

Can't really afford some of this stuff, but there are just certain things that I cannot give up. :/

lwien,
Top Bottom