Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

Cleanfiend, that would put you in the batch going out tomorrow and Thursday. Wood and leather choices don't make a difference on lead time, we have plenty wood blanks and leather in stock, orders are done in the order they are received.

Purple-Days,

a-mous

After waiting, my PD showed up yesterday. Yea. A couple tries and I can easily use it with plant material.
BUT... Any regulars here have advice for using concentrates (std CA MMJ bubble and/or oil)? Everything I've tried either clogs the vapor tube or is just too much work. Also, I've found I that the fine grind I've used for a long time will clog the PD if I load it using the "straw" method while a finger tap is fine. I guess I'll need to just leave any flowers in larger pieces.

Still, today or maybe tomorrow should be my first no-combustion day in over 4 decades:)

Fabulous piece of equipment, Well worth the cost and wait. Thanks Tom & Pam:):):)

a-mous,

lwien

I would never use concentrates in the PD. A kief sandwich from time to time, but that's it.

And yeah, you want a medium grind. Not too coarse but not too fine.

lwien,

a-mous

Thanks. I figured you (lwien) would reply first;) From what I've read though, my consumption is many times what yours is, same lab tested CA stuff - just 8-15x more for me - high tolerance and medical need. Kief and flowers taste fine, but ...

Any other suggestions? I've been thinking about a piece of rolled up mesh screen to act as a wick for oil - still a PITA to apply it, and no solution for bubble, which either melts and falls out or clogs into a solid plug.

I CAN use bubble, if it isn't too good, I pack it very loosely and hold the PD at 90 degrees so it doesn't run out.. Compared to the simple pleasure of just sucking up a straw, then inhaling, welll:/ Still, needing 6 to 12 hits instead of 2 to 4:|

a-mous,

Purple-Days

Screen is cheap and I have plenty if you want some to play with it cuts with common scissors. Maybe a strip as wide a the tip is deep to the dimple, you would have to play with length to get the tightness right, I don't ever play with the 'stuff' you are talking about and don't know how this idea of your's might perform. Give me private shout and we will see if we can get you some screen to play with.

ps. Don't use Mom's sewing scissors. Plain old wore out kitchen drawer scissors work, sharp scissors work better. I used to cut a lot of stainless steel screen, (only) second shift puller and cutter for an ISO 9001 plant in Tulsa, nice job, low pay. Every mesh conceivable :cool: in 5 alloys of stainless, it had to be right... Oil industry related in our section. A day shift in another section made front grill, bullet proof mesh, for the military Hum-Vee. Two layers was enough for bullets of the era. HEAVY !

Purple-Days,

Syd

Cleanfiend said:
6 weeks, 2 days down...
Cleanfiend said:
Black Walnut with Bison Leather. I'm patient but eager...

I ordered the exact same configuration on the same day as you ... if I'm lucky, perhaps mine will be making a trip soon ... :cool:

Syd,

Purple-Days

^^^ Don't know what happened but there was a rush of orders around that date. Working hard to get them out and stay on track.

+++

Need help, how does the Paypal thing show up on your receipt / bank statement (recent purchasers would help most) ... A fellow is worried about what Mom might think ... serious ... Yes, for crying out loud... :2c:

I will of course reply that the product is for use by legal adults eligible to use tobacco products in his or her state... :rolleyes: But I might be able to give a better answer about the bill with some help. Maybe he is over 18, or 21 even, and has a gaurdian, one can't assume too much either way.

All products are discreetly shipped, there is no Purple-Days label or other useful identification.

Purple-Days,

Syd

Purple-Days said:
Need help, how does the Paypal thing show up on your receipt / bank statement (recent purchasers would help most) ... A fellow is worried about what Mom might think ... serious ... Yes, for crying out loud... :2c:

It shows up like this:

PAYPAL *PURPLE DAYS 01/29

After that is part of the card number followed by the transaction number. There's also a 402 area code phone number at the end of the record. Hope that helps ...

Syd,

Purple-Days

Thanks that may help this fellow, I have no idea where 402 is, probably Paypal.
Purple Days is sorta vague (with no hyphen). :cool: Thanks so much. :tup:

Purple-Days,

Cleanfiend

'Purple' may be vague for the uninformed. It makes me wonder the reason for the name: why Purple-Days? Tom, if you care to, could you explain the name and its etymology?

Within the herbal community, Purple evokes a scent, a taste, a feeling in the body - A lot of sensory stimulation for a description of sight (color). Purple mountains, too, have their place in our nations literary landscape. And Purple was the color of regality in Medieval Europe.

But what makes a Day-Purple? Thanks all!

Cleanfiend,

Cleanfiend

:lol: Twenty four years young and failed to make that simple connection! We young have much to learn.

Cleanfiend,

Purple-Days

There is a Hendrix connection of sorts. (of course)

I asked Pammy what color LED she wanted for her new vape I was gonna make. She wanted something mellow . . . Purple. And the LED was a small 3mm, sorta a purple microdot. And if you look at Pammy's e-mails, well it says, Pammy Days (P.D.) . . . and Pammy is Hendrix fan . . . And the name sorta plays on Daze and Haze, but means a bit more or nothing at all. As you say it implies a certain sort of day, a Purple Day. Really didn't know if it was a good name or not, but it sounded right for us. :cool:

ps. orange is young, full of daring, but very unsteady for the first go 'round . . . :peace:

VVV Hadn't realized he had died, he was living off the grid, in Australia, last I had heard. Indeed, RIP, he changed a lot of peoples lives. :peace:

Purple-Days,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Was some damn good acid as well. Rest in peace, Owsley Stanley.

Tstat,

Nycdeisel

:lol: I never thought to make the Hendrix connection(though I am a fan) but Tom thanks for deciphering the Purple days name.

anyone fond of that solo off the end of Purple Haze from Live at Woodstock?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3981364972665945187# (its at the very end, starts around 45 mins)

sorry to go so off topic with that second half of my post :rolleyes:
:peace:

and P.S: I think the name you chose was perfect :D

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel, the bong arrived today, very psyched to try it out. I watched your video again and notice that you hold the bong from tipping. I guess even with 2 inches of water it's not enough weight. it came with two attachments; one fits the PD stem and one doesn't. The attachment that fits has a black plastic holder around it. I notice that yours doesn't have that or you removed it. I'll experiment with it tonight and let you guys know.

I have the complete Hendrix at Woodstock on DVD, it is an amazing performance. Do you know that Hendrix was the opening act for the Monkees in Forest Hills?

jeffp,

lwien

jeffp said:
I have the complete Hendrix at Woodstock on DVD, it is an amazing performance. Do you know that Hendrix was the opening act for the Monkees in Forest Hills?

And before that, he was the guitarist for Little Richard.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

that 'black plastic holder' is a keck clip(or k clip), its just used to secure the downstem to the joint of the tube. I used to have one for every single one of my tubes and they are really a good investment and can save you money if you are clumsy, but I learned to appreciate the look of plain glass more :D

plus I dont like the way the clips fit on the bushing adapters like that.

its a small tube and I do let SOME of the weight of the unit onto the joint, but I try to always keep my hand on it.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
If you don't mind I'm going to be asking you some very elementary questions - this is a whole new world to me, but so was vaporizing for me 3 years ago and now I'm fairly literate in the subject.

I'll report back on my experience with it tomorrow after i spend a few hours with it tonight.

First elementary question - I know this is off topic to the PD thread - what adapter do I need to connect this to my Vapor Brothers or Silver Surfer?

Thanks for recommending this bong - it's obviously high quality and it looks great and it wasn't expensive.

jeffp,

hereatlast

For your SSV or VaporBrothers you'll need a 14mm or 18mm H20 adaptor (depending on the size your bong has); basically a GonG joint (thats what fits nicely into the bong) that connects to your other vape's tubing. These are easily found on most big vapor retailer-sites.
Also, keck-clips are more necessary with some pieces/designs than with others IME...I use one on my bubbler but thats it.
Enjoy the new toy, its worth playing around (all over agin) with the tightness of your stem-pack. I personally can only happily clear a piece of glass by taking the whole unit (i.e. stem as well) off the bong allowing a quick rush of air, I know that Nycdeisel doesn't do this though, all personal preference obviously.

Nice to read briefly how Pammy's preference for purple for that prototype shaped the lasting 'product-line.' Many Purple Days in everyone's future I hope :D

hereatlast,

Nycdeisel

You dont really NEED an adapter at all, however, I dont really like the airflow provided by sticking the hose directly into the downstem. A 14mm bent adapter is best if you can find a good one, not every adapter is designed the same so they are all different.

I second the advice above regarding the pack for use with the bong.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Thanks - I tend to alternate between PD and whip vaping depending on if anyone's over and what's immediately in front of me in my teenage room.
I'll wait for NYCdeisel to reply - I'm sure she has the answer as to what size adapter for the SSV/ VB... I know they're readily available and inexpensive.
thanks...

**edit***
you replied as I was typing this... thanks.

jeffp,
Top Bottom