Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Paradise Roasters sounds amazing - what method do you use to brew your coffee? My friend Al moved to Seattle and he's sort of become an annoying coffee snob. Having been to Seattle a few times, I found its coffee overrated to be honest. Well I didn't drink all of it obviously but what i had was OK - nothing wrong with it, period.
Jimmy Breslin used to rave about the coffee at the T-Bone diner on Queens Blvd but to me their coffee is consistently crap, so I guess everyone has their own opinion.

jeffp,

lwien

Yeah, the Seattle area in general, including Starbucks and Peets, are best known for their dark roasts but to me, that smokey flavor that you get from dark roast coffees really masks some of the great flavors that you can get from really good lighter roast coffees.

A good place to start looking for quality coffees is here: http://www.coffeereview.com/

As far as brewing, I use a French Press as well as an AerobiePress.

Gettin' a bit off topic here. Sorry...........

lwien,

Nycdeisel

just read all of Broods review, very nice, well writtena nd hey at least someone knows how to give an actual review! haha and thanks for the mention, there are a lot of us here who love our PDs, and just want to help others do the same. now that you have tried it, dont you wish everyone could experience it? :p

Nycdeisel,

panasonic

Purple-Days said:
I enjoy making them folks, thank you. :tup:

There is (always) a lot of pressure to hurry, but some days you have to ignore it, concentrate on doing what you enjoy and doing it right. :cool:

+++

It's 3-20 . . . :party:

Huh??? :hmm:

One month till the 4-20 Annual Purple-Days giveaway.

Open to Purple-Days Diffusers' customers (you bought our product through www.Purple-Days.com or www.Vapenow.com only or, have a unit on order, only). Enter our annual Holiday Contest (around Thanksgiving) if you are not eligible for this one.

Hey Tom,

Dumb question--is this open to Pandora customers, or just PD ones?

panasonic,

Rastamook

lwien said:
Hey, that would be a great name for new vape, eh?. "Soul Mate Vaporizer" aka SMV.
----copyright lwien :cool:

I half jokingly named my PD Mariano Rivera recently, after the closing pitcher for the NY Yankees. I look at the PD as my go to source any time I'm down to the end of my bag. When you're in that 8th to 9th inning of your bag-o-herb, the PD should be the only option you consider.

Though I use my PD more often than other methods, it's also the only vape I trust to close out those last innings!

Anyone else have some fun names for their PD's?

Rastamook,

Purple-Days

"Open to Purple-Days Diffusers' customers."

Purple-Days Diffusers is our company name and the contest is open to all customers who have purchased any of our products. PD Originals, PD Pandoras, Billy-Bowls etc. any purchase, any product, through us or Vapenow.

Purple-Days,

panasonic

Purple-Days said:

Purple-Days Diffusers is our company name and the contest is open to all customers who have purchased any of our products. PD Originals, PD Pandoras, Billy-Bowls etc. any purchase, any product, through us or Vapenow.

I thought so, but I didn't want to assume. Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to find something a little more unique this year...

panasonic,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
panasonic said:
Purple-Days said:

I thought so, but I didn't want to assume. Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to find something a little more unique this year...

Always a fun event, your postcard contests - part of what makes FC so special. Thanks Tom.

jeffp,

Purple-Days

6eqf4l.jpg

i1budd.jpg

We enjoy getting the post cards. :cool: And seeing the guesses. ;)

Purple-Days,

Kif-Kif

45 minutes ago I unboxed my PD, and I just took my first "tube".

A+

I took 4 draws. First two draws had wonderful flavor and nice vapor.
Started to feel the effects of my herb during the second draw, quite a significant effect considering how little I put in the tube.

"Vapor poo" is a beautifully consistent golden brown.

I am impressed and content.

Thanks Tom and Pam.

I'm switching over from a Vaprobros box-style that i've had for the past 3 years, and the PD has much greater ease of use. Loading it took 5 seconds, and unloading took 3, and there isn't an unruly plastic tube to deal with.
The inefficiency of the vaporbros bowl had me taking 10-15 draws from twice as much herb as the PD .

I did have one question I could not answer with the handy manual- should I apply buzz butter while the PD is warm or cold? And the method of applying it is just rub it in with a paper towel and wipe off the excess?

Kif-Kif,

lwien

Rub it in with your thumb on a warm PD. Let it sit for awhile and then buff off with a clean cloth towel. At least, that's the way I do it.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Congrats on your PD acquisition; I'm sure it will become one of your prized possessions.
It really doesn't matter regarding the buzz butter, cold or warm. I prefer using a small cloth towel rather than paper towel. You just dab it on, rub it in like you did in woodworking shop class in school. They still have that, right? In time you'll find your PD will darken from use and buttering, it will look and actually feel much nicer. The buttering should protect it from cracking as well as you're providing moisture that absorbs into its pores, so to speak.
I happen to like my Vapor Bros vape even though it's not as efficient as the PD it's still a very good, simple high quality vape. I keep it around for little get togethers.
Is yours a clone or the real thing?

Save your "vapor poo" for edibles! Yes, it will take you a while to build up the collection due to the efficiency of the PD but it is a waste to throw the poo out - if you haven't gone this route yet you have no idea how potent a half cup of saved vapor poo really is....makes a heady batch of brownies guaranteed to take you to the chewy caramel center of being.

jeffp,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
2 weeks down 2-4 weeks to go! I'm betting on 4 more. That way I'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes early. Can't wait.

Madcap79,

weedemon

enthusiast
hehe same here madcap79, im just nearing the end of week 3. glad i got other vapes to keep me busy for now :)

weedemon,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
weedemon said:
hehe same here madcap79, im just nearing the end of week 3. glad i got other vapes to keep me busy for now :)

I've got a Vaporgenie to hold me over for now. I'm really looking forward to using the PD. It's like a working piece of art, imho. I purchased a myrtlewood. Woot!

Madcap79,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
jeffp said:
makes a heady batch of brownies guaranteed to take you to the chewy caramel center of being.

Jeff you never fail to crack me up! LOVE that quote

Oh and I concur...don't throw away the poo and a buttered PD is a happy PD :D

Lo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Lo said:
jeffp said:
makes a heady batch of brownies guaranteed to take you to the chewy caramel center of being.

Jeff you never fail to crack me up! LOVE that quote

Oh and I concur...don't throw away the poo and a buttered PD is a happy PD :D

Thanks Lo - the last time I did poo brownies I was so messed up that I was physically incapable of getting off of the floor so don't throw it out and butter your PD at least four or five times through the course of a month or two. I think "poo" is somewhat disrespectful, oddly "shit" is not disrespectful - "that's some great shit!" - "poo" doesn't have that kind of resonance or flexibility - it's not what you would call an all purpose word like shit.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

I agree, shit is much more versatile.

I apply buzz butter about once a week(at least thats what I aim for, I dont keep track too much but I can feel when its a bit too dry). I just use my thumb to rub it into a warm PD, I dont have a good clean cloth to use, I tried paper towels a few times but after rubbing so much it left many small bits of paper towel fibers all over the wood(which came off no problem, just rub it away) so I dont know what kind of cloth would be good to use. Im fine with using my hands though its a bit rough on my thumb pad over time.

I have also noticed that the wood feels much more smooth then it did when I got it. I notice as well that around the top gets the most dry, so I often apply a small amount to that area between full applications, and I have never had a problem with it getting into the heatport or anything.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I guess their either called "dish towels," "hand towels," you know those small ones a little less than a square foot. I picked up a few nice ones for $1 piece at a car wash.
I know this seems trivial but they are great for buttering - it's like the difference between screwing something in with a dime or with a screwdriver. The slight abrasive texture
helps get the butter right into the pores; much much better than paper towels but you can do a very good job just using your thumb, I agree.
Off topic but NYCDeisel I just got this in the mail today and it seems to be perfect for the whip vape bong task at hand -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120694006749&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

yup thats exactly the right piece! thats the one I originally had that I loved dearly until it broke.
and thanks man, I will look for the right cloth for buttering ;)

Nycdeisel,

chumni

Chris
Madcap79 said:
2 weeks down 2-4 weeks to go! I'm betting on 4 more. That way I'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes early. Can't wait.
Haha! Same boat, except 4 weeks down and 2 to go... give or take 2-3 days, lol. I am literally foaming at the mouth.

chumni,

Brood

NYCDiesel wrote:
now that you have tried it, dont you wish everyone could experience it?

Yes, I do. I have been a luck vaper. I've only had one crappy experience and it was sandwiched between great vaping experiences.

I'm glad you folks read and appreciated my review. The PD gives me most everything I need. If I had my SSV back I would love it, then I could compare. I need to make vaping friends IRL :)

Planning Sessions:
I recently incorporated an outlet timer, I'm gunna experiment with planning my sessions for a week. See what happens to my tolerance, enjoyment and ritual.

My Draw Technique:
Can anyone speak to my draw technique? My tendency is to fill my mouth with vapor before I inhale, I do this in quick succession until I fill my lungs, and then hold the draw for a few seconds, then watch the cloud as I exhale. Does anyone draw the same as me?

I'm curious to experiment with a a silicon tube with a long skinny glass piece. Maybe I could fill my mouth with waterand hydrate while I vape? I thought I read that on this thread somewhere.

What other techniques do people recommend for someone who comes from an SSV background?

_B_

Brood,

Nycdeisel

I came from a DBV and remember speaking on the draw technique sometime around here. I usually leave the stem in the heat port for at least 5 seconds prior to my hit and then I pull slow, inhaling into my lungs, then I use my cheeks more for that puffing type of motion, sometimes I see a bit of vapor escape, but thats at my control, and I dont always do that, then I continue switching back between puffing and inhaling right into my lungs, it works well when I cant sit there with a steady draw for 20 seconds. I use different techniques myself, depending on the kind of hit I want.

Nycdeisel,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
I finally got time and got home in better lighting to take a couple of pics that show the wood off well. I really love the grain on it. :D

imag0056c.jpg

imag0058py.jpg

The temps have settled down now too so it is even more of a delight to use... it is now the only vape I use. :peace:

nuvap,

weedemon

enthusiast
it's a real beauty man! :) what type of base does your have?

I have one like that on order too. was your first pic(many post ago) without buzz butter applied?

can you feel any parts on the wood that are rougher than anywhere else?

how come you have retired your DBV ? the PD is far superior? or is it because of the amount it uses to work?

also how do you guys get the spent weed out of the little stem? do you use a stir rod? does it come out easily? I know you can blow it out, but that seems to me like it's gonna get messy with lots of abv dust getting about? never used one yet so was just curious.

weedemon,
Top Bottom