Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
sci-fi-dude said:
Does anybody know what order numbers vapenow.com is on ?

I ordered mine around 9 weeks ago order #3075 and am getting excited....probably have a few weeks left but was just wondering what order numbers have been recently shipped if anybody knows.
For those new to the forum, no availability posts/questions allowed in this thread.
DevoTheStrange said:
Go into the Vapor Lounge, and look for the thread Purple Days Availability.
That's the place. ;)

max,
G

Purple-Days said:
Sure, Aero, got side-tracked and meant to get back to that question.

Answers get buried in the long thread.

Funny, I was just talking with Ken who provided the first stick of Myrtlewood for me. Even 'back then' I was interested in a 'pure' product and knew we wanted a natural finish on something we breathed through every day. The 3" x 3" x 20" stick had plenty of room to drill a couple of holes and toss in a couple of (4-6) flax oil capsules covered with tape.

But they were just a preliminary step for us, to help protect the wood till it came to my hands. Oils (pure plant oils) are too fragile alone. Matter of fact the Flax Oil is Linseed Oil. There is an exothermic reaction with oxidation and back when it was a major component of paint and used a a thinner it was the cause of many 'oily rag' fires that every fire program has warned you about. Not a shop friendly item, IMO.

Mixed with other oils and waxes and stabilizers like Rosemary oil extract and Citric Acid, these bad habits and limited use mitigate those old problems. :buzz: :cool:

+++

Owl, you just don't seem a likely candidate, I have suggested other options. :2c:
ps. the Extreme, VHW and MF Launch Box sound like great options to me. And soon everybody is going to want a Bud Toaster, woot...
Yep, you're sooo right purple, i don't need to be on your list! because i don't need someone who's selling a product to talk to me like that! i wasn't even arguing with you in the first place! it was between me and iwien, it had absolutely nothing to do with you!! and i hope to god that any potential 'new customers' come here to FC, and see how Purple-days treat customers! maybe you do have a nice product...but it's not worth your bad attitude!! you should post this on your website "don't ask questions or you'll get criticised" that's really bad salesmanship purple. and those other folks on here agreeing with you for attacking me for no reason....are just butt-kissers plain and simple! so what the f**k ever dude!!! if there ever was a true meaning of bad karma, this is it! :peace:

Guest,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
and i hope to god that any potential 'new customers' come here to FC, and see how Purple-days treat customers!
OwlHigh, if you had read even some of this thread you would realize how incredibly ridiculous that statement is.

As for your original post in this thread that started this mess: "Who's making the PDs while your here having discussions purple-days inventor? just curious..." It really does sound like an implication rather than a genuine question.

And now you've managed to insult even more people. I realize you're upset, but this really is a case of "it's not everyone else; it's you".

Moral of the story: read the thread before you post. And, word your posts with unambiguity in mind. Internet is serious business.

Edit: Account deleted as requested by OwlHigh!

vtac,

Username

Hi

Just wondering if the Purple days vape is particularly effective at vaping hash or not at all?

Username,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hi,

It works particularly well at vaporizing kif sprinkled on top of the herb.

To vaporize efficiently, hash needs to be shaved thin or otherwise, to expose maximum surface area to the heat. Otherwise, only the outside layer is cooked. This is true of hash in general and not specific to the PD.

Video: kif in the PD

:)

vtac,

lwien

Yeah, I kinda make a kief sammich which works really well with the PD, but other kinds of hash, be it the sticky kind or the solid kind, I just combust.

lwien,

Ash

vaporist
I think somewhere about 2 months back on this thread someone from Europe got one of these expressly for vaping hash. He was very disappointed and immeidiately sold his on the 'sell your vape' thread. At the time the consensus was that this is not a vape for hash.

Ash,

Purple-Days

Hash is pressed kif, in the traditional sense of hashish. Grinding hash yields kif, pressing kif makes hash. Since surface area is important to vaporization, hash in the pressed form would never work well as a vape product. Heating hash and breaking it up into the kif form and mixing with an herbal substrate seems the best use in most vaporizers. :2c: If somebody knows of a vape that works well with hashish, in the traditional form, let us know.

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Purple-Days said:
Hash is pressed kif, in the traditional sense of hashish. Grinding hash yields kif, pressing kif makes hash. Since surface area is important to vaporization, hash in the pressed form would never work well as a vape product. Heating hash and breaking it up into the kif form and mixing with an herbal substrate seems the best use in most vaporizers. :2c: If somebody knows of a vape that works well with hashish, in the traditional form, let us know.
I think alot of the problem some people might have is they are using hash that has been made from oils, which is much harder too get ready too vape than traditional hash.
I can use Traditional Hash in my PD... I just take a razor blade too it and chop it up back into a powder.

however I find that my vaporstar works best for hash (both traditional, and those made from oils harvest using a solvent) compared too all the vapes I use on a regular basis. I just throw in a some ABV so the hash doesnt melt down past the screen. The ABV does not affect taste as long as there is some hash too vape. Once all hash vapes then the abv combusts, thats how I know it is done.

God, I already miss my PD, sent it out on monday too get looked at, I have burned through so much herb since... I miss the efficiency.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

Yes, hash has become a catch all word for any concentrate. Has been that way since the days of 'hash' oil. But in my mind hashish (hash) is still pressed kif. And hash in that sense would never vape well, no surface area. Breaking it up slicing it up anything to expose more surface area is what it takes. Using ABV or ground herbs as a substrate to keep it from re-clumping under heat is the best way IMO.

Purple-Days,

Raf007

Retailer
Purple-Days said:
Hi there !
The volcano vapes hash. No pb. No need of ground herbs. (what's ABV ?)
Like weed you have to breake it down in tiny pieces of course, but that's it, then depending of the hash you'll have more or less oil, and if it sitcks a bit into the screen, a toothbrush, and voila !

:D

Raf007,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Raf007 said:
Purple-Days said:
Hi there !
The volcano vapes hash. No pb. No need of ground herbs. (what's ABV ?)
Like weed you have to breake it down in tiny pieces of course, but that's it, then depending of the hash you'll have more or less oil, and if it sitcks a bit into the screen, a toothbrush, and voila !

:D
ABV Already been vaped.

Happycamper,

Purple-Days

"you have to breake it down in tiny pieces of course" uh, I believe that's what I was driving at. Hashish in solid form, grams, ounces, whatever quantity is solid. When you break it up it is no longer solid hasish. The point being, big chunks of hashish just don't have the needed surface area, for efficient extraction. So, breaking it up for the Volcano is the same as breaking it up for the PD, a required step for proper use.

Purple-Days,

t00fatt

I have had good luck vaping hash oil with my PD, never tried a nice honey oil though but should be the same. I pack a stem almost to the top and put a dab of oil on top. If you keep the PD upside, and make sure no hash got on the outside of the stem bowl you won't make a mess. After the first good hit the oil melts down and gets absorbed into the bud, never goes near the screen or gets on the walls of the stem. Instead of a couple good hits and a few thinner ones, with my oil I can get 4 or more good rips then another 5 or so thinner hits. I've never actually counted, but the hits are numerous and big. You can never really vape all of the oil though, after a while it just stops producing vapor, but the bud is still dark from the hash and a bit sticky. Which is no waste to me, I take my ABV and make oil from it too. They make great cannacapsules, they aren't too strong but great for medicating. Not too high in THC, but real high in those canabinoids that boil at higher temps. I have a mild case of insomnia and nothing puts me to bed better

t00fatt,

Raf007

Retailer
Purple-Days said:
"you have to breake it down in tiny pieces of course" uh, I believe that's what I was driving at. Hashish in solid form, grams, ounces, whatever quantity is solid. When you break it up it is no longer solid hasish. The point being, big chunks of hashish just don't have the needed surface area, for efficient extraction. So, breaking it up for the Volcano is the same as breaking it up for the PD, a required step for proper use.
oops, yeah sorry, my bad, should have been reading a bit more carefully.
Totally agree with that last statement.

But I think that semantically speaking , Hash once broke up is still solid. :)
(Taking into account that I don't think we can consider Skuff as being Hash )

.... just being picky there

Raf007,

Xero

I think this thread needs to be renamed from "Purple-Days Experience" to Purple-Days Lifestyle. One day I will read everything in the first 175 pages.

Xero,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
Post 200 celebration to some up all those questions!!

It vapes full melt hash AWESOME

it vapes honey oil (BHO, ISO) AWESOME

Kief AWESOME

:ko::D

edit DAMN i thought id be two hundy lol

MrMistyTokes,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I know this has probably been discussed but it is hard to find things in nearly 200 pages of reading.... but, I used my PD over the weekend at my friends house, he's straightedge, and even though the thing leaves no odor past ~15 mins, he made us go outside. It was probably ~50 degrees F, this isn't about if it works at that temp, it clearly does, but bowls that would normally hit 4-5 times were hitting 15-20 and one stem had a serious effect. I am sure, that there was probably a smaller air/vapor ratio, but it was amazing, and the thing wouldn't cash out so fast. I hit it again tonight and found the same strain was out in 4-5 pulls. By the 15th hits too over the weekend, the bowls didn't have a weaker taste and they were definitely still hitting, because vapor could be seen when I would walk inside and find a light. Has anyone else experienced a similar phenomenon?

Also, just wanted to mention, getting close to my first tube cleaning, there getting a little tough to pull out of and look/smell amazing, can't wait to see some yield.

The_Other_Shoe,

aero18

vaporist
The_Other_Shoe said:
I know this has probably been discussed but it is hard to find things in nearly 200 pages of reading.... but, I used my PD over the weekend at my friends house, he's straightedge, and even though the thing leaves no odor past ~15 mins, he made us go outside. It was probably ~50 degrees F, this isn't about if it works at that temp, it clearly does, but bowls that would normally hit 4-5 times were hitting 15-20 and one stem had a serious effect. I am sure, that there was probably a smaller air/vapor ratio, but it was amazing, and the thing wouldn't cash out so fast. I hit it again tonight and found the same strain was out in 4-5 pulls. By the 15th hits too over the weekend, the bowls didn't have a weaker taste and they were definitely still hitting, because vapor could be seen when I would walk inside and find a light. Has anyone else experienced a similar phenomenon?

Also, just wanted to mention, getting close to my first tube cleaning, there getting a little tough to pull out of and look/smell amazing, can't wait to see some yield.
I've found that diluted hits are more efficient than vaping really dense clouds. You could always mimic what you experienced by taking smaller hits and inhaling more fresh air!

aero18,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I also prefer taking nice tiny hits. I like too try and absorb as much of the hits as possible.
However. One thing I have noticed in big hits over tiny hits. The high with the huge hits tend too hit me quicker. When I take a big hit, I can normally feel its effects within a minute or so. If I take smaller hits it can take anywhere from 10 too 20 minutes before I feel its affects.
With a big hit (usually one that can cause me too go into a coughing fit) the high comes on quick and fast, but usually goes away 20-40 minutes later. Smaller hits, takes a while too hit, yet high lasts dramatically longer up too an hour or two.
So I tend too use a two stem method occasionally. I try too cash the first bowl with the least amount of hits. Try too make them as large as possible. Then I take my time with the second stem, tiny hits....
In effect I am combining the two different highs I am getting. Use one too cause almost immediate effects, and the second too give it legs so the experience is stretched out.
If I am just looking for a nice strong experience I go with as huge of a hit as I can comfortably hold. But most of the time I am using it in a medicinal way so I need it too have a bit more legs too it. So more oft than not I choose small tokes.

The_Other_Shoe said:
........ By the 15th hits too over the weekend, the bowls didn't have a weaker taste and they were definitely still hitting, because vapor could be seen when I would walk inside and find a light. Has anyone else experienced a similar phenomenon?
I have noticed this, I think it is due too the cold air being introduced too the PD, causing it too run slightly cooler than normal. This would cause slightly less THC coming out of each hit, thus causing it too take a few hits more too cash the bowl.

DevoTheStrange,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I dig your methods, devo...will give them a try. Maybe do a bowl in the ssv and then chill with the pd for a while afterward.

stickstones,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
and hopefully I can get back too my methods. My PD should be coming in the mail today, getting it back YAY!!! :D been so using my vaporstar way too much past week.

holy Crap.. page 200

Edit: Just got my PD back... all I can say is... Wow Thanks Tom... wasn't expecting too have all the scratches and the likes sanded out, and nicely buttered up... Looks even more amazing then when I sent it off.
can't wait too get reacquainted with it, just plugged it back in.

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom