Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
You do not want too combust using the Stems. They are not pipes.. you will get resin and tar inside it. I would not recommend using a stem too combust if you value that stem tasting good again.

DevoTheStrange,

Purple-Days

NO, the vapor tubes are not meant to be used as a smoking device.You will probably overheat the plastic, and that can't be good... I think a few have been stolen with smoking in mind. :/

Thanks lo, back in the day, I did a little photography. I was taking some pics for Pammy to work from. Her buddy, who owns the frame shop in town, says folks are always looking for lighthouse paintings...

Yes Kali is getting bigger, but I think she will be small for a Scotty. My male was about 22 pounds, I bet Kali doesn't get to 15 pounds. It was funny watching her run yesterday. Like a train coming of the tracks. :lol: They are diggers not runners.

Purple-Days,

NoSmoke

Tuff times call for drastic measures, my PD is up for sale in the "sell your vape thread" if anyone is interested.

I will be buying another, that is a SURE thing, its sad, almost like letting a pet go....

NoSmoke,

Purple-Days

That's depressing NoSmoke. Best wishes for better times soon.

+++
The PD Holiday contest is over. :party:

The actual count of vapor tips in the pint jar was 147.

And the winning guess? 147 on the button. :lol:

By: GhostVapor Congratulations ! :D

And to the former King of the Heap, Io. :)

Purple-Days,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Congrats to the winners!

I'm sorry you have to give yours up NoSmoke, but I'll give it a good home and play with it everyday ;) .

Durden,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Wow Tom. I really couldn't have been further off on my guess. Tom, does the worst guess ever deserve a pitty prize? Mr. Irrelevant prize? I can't believe that is your REAL guess prize?

Oh well, maybe next contest will be most PD stems consumed in one day, I'm always up for a challenge when I think I can win. . . . :brow: :ko: Play to my strengths.

kudos hitting 147 on the dot, wow!

IAmKrazy2,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
:D I was king of the heap for a minute and that was great! Nice contest! Thanks Tom :peace:

147 and dead on! Congratulations Ghost!!

BTW I'm a manatee advocate fighting for their rights...hence the manatee postcard LOL!

Lo

Lo,

Purple-Days

That's funny Krazy, and I was thinking about giving a prize for the worst guess, but only if you post your guess. :lol:

Purple-Days,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I can't remember what the exact guess was to be honest. You can post it, i don't mind. Did i say like 1500?

I filled out the post card on a night where i stopped working around midnight and had to be back at 6am. Tired as hell, i kind of imagined the jar a lot bigger. I just looked at the picture again a minute ago. Its probably a peanut butter size jar. I was thinking more like a milk jug or growler. Oh well. I'm thinking if i had the opportunity to pick it up and shake it like at the carnival, i would have definitely kept my guess under 1000 or so :lol:

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

LOL.

Reminds of something I saw on TV. New car dealership wanted to run a promotion, so they filled the inside of a new Chevy Malibu, which was sitting outside on the lot, with jellybeans and asked people to guess how many jellybeans were in the car. One problem. They did this in the middle of summer. :lol:

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
lwien said:
LOL.

Reminds of something I saw on TV. New car dealership wanted to run a promotion, so they filled the inside of a new Chevy Malibu, which was sitting outside on the lot, with jellybeans and asked people to guess how many jellybeans were in the car. One problem. They did this in the middle of summer. :lol:
Haha! Was the prize the car itself? Would be a bitch to replace the upholstery... haha.

aero18,

lwien

Wasn't just the upholstery. Couldn't open up the goddamn car. They poured the jellybeans into the sunroof of the car with all the windows closed, then closed the sunroof with the remote and put it out on the hot lot. The beans melted to the windows, the doors the dashboard, the steering wheel, the floor, the instrument panel................everything inside that car. When it cooled off, it was like a solid block of jellybeans that covered every inch of the inside of that car.

LOL. Yeah. The prize was the car itself. "Congratulations. You WON. Here's your car". :o

lwien,

Purple-Days

The Jelly bean car sounds like the WKRP Turkey Give-Away episode. It sounded great on paper. :cool:
Here is Ghost Vapor's card. Not only guessed it on the nose, he changed his guess last minute. 197 would not have been a winner. ;)
16kaqki.jpg

:clap:

Here is a Krazy guess. And it gets a prize for 'most vaped' guess.
s16y6c.jpg

:lmao:

Purple-Days,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Tom - Cool laser video. i'm trying to convince myself to get one. i'm looking at the 40w CO2 sign engravers on ebay ... is that a bad idea? Can you drill a 1/8" diameter hole 1/4" to 1/2" deep with your laser?

Hippie Dickie,

Purple-Days

I talked to Todd (owner of the laser) about depth, two ways to control.
A) set the speed slower (at the computer running the show), more burn depth per second/pass.
B) Run over the material twice or three times etc. (best method for wood)

The platform on this unit was about 16" x 20" (from memory) but I am not sure of the Wattage of the laser. It was a Pinnacle machine.

About performance, I know there are lasers that will cut through steel etc. So in one sense it must depend on the power. On the other hand wood burns and you can see tiny flashes as the laser works. Repeated runs would probably be the way to go.

Why not drill the wood in a conventional manner?

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
That laser is pretty cool to watch in action!! Thanks for the video :)

Lo,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Why not drill the wood in a conventional manner?
i actually have to cut a 1 3/8" diameter, 1/4" deep, circular groove in the cherry discs which are 1 3/4" dia by 1/2" thick. i have been using (and abusing) a hole saw set that was made from a bandsaw blade -- i.e. very thin kerf, about 1/16". Then i have some "notching" to do to hold the pcb. Basically, i want to use the laser as a CNC router.

The laser drilled holes would be very precise placement/alignment.

And i need to cut the finished pcbs apart from a larger piece of copper clad.

i think a piece of masking tape prevents burn splatter on the wood surface.

Hippie Dickie,

Purple-Days

A quick rub with alcohol removes the minimal smooge, per Todd, cause standing there I asked what he just rubbed the logo with. I suppose tape would have to be applied each pass?

Hippie are you able to use either a Forstner bit, scoop the entire hole 1/4" deep, or maybe better... What about a straight bit (proper width for veining, you pick, if it's just a groove) in a router table with a template to hold the work and a following, bit bearing to get your shape. Low tech and cheap. Bits can be replaced but carbide goes a long way.

A small band saw or better a small scroll saw with a proper blade (abrasive? Diamond coated wire?) would make quick work or the circuit boards. The make a blade that will cut coins... ;)

I try to think low tech first, come up with a way to do something on my budget and scale. :2c: But, if you have unlimited capital. :cool:

Purple-Days,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Not unlimited capital, but limited time ... this puppy could work while i sleep ... j/k i never leave equipment alone while it's running ... but i could multitask with my day job. i really like the idea of hands-off milling that is accurate to .01 mm /

The groove must be sized for the stainless steel i use, which is 25 ga (0.025"). The hole saw i've been using i got from my dad's basement shop many years ago. i've only really used it in the last year or so, and it is burned up. i can't find a replacement anywhere. But the laser would be so much better.

i like low tech if possible, but making Bud Toasters by hand is getting old, and it's too slow. And $1500 is pretty cheap for all it could do for me. And no sharpening!

Hippie Dickie,

aero18

vaporist
Tom, since you've used flaxseed oil in the past and now use buzz butter, are there any advantages to using the buzz butter over the flaxseed oil? Or do they yield the same results?

aero18,
G

Who's making the PDs while your here having discussions purple-days inventor? just curious...

Guest,

lwien

OwlHigh said:
Who's making the PDs while your here having discussions purple-days inventor? just curious...
Why are you asking? Just curious....

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
OwlHigh said:
Customer service and interaction is important. I think lwien's reply is a good one too... :cool:

aero18,
Top Bottom