Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

t00fatt

I know they don't fit snug, my buddy's PD stems fit loosely too, but mine are much looser. I didn't get much time to play with it, and had only seen it once and tried one stem. There is about half an inch of play at the top of the stem when in the HE. However does not seem to affect the vapor, it still comes out delicious and thick. However sometimes when removing the stem from my mouth it does a little shake and sometimes just holding it upright the stem shakes around when not moving the PD much at all, just scared it's going to drop bud down the HE like that. Still vapes wonderfully, I must have had nearly 15 stems last night and I was ripped off my ass for hours until I finally passed out. Haven't had a good night like that since I had my hebalaire. Four or five stems get me about as ripped as when I used to fully load my herbalaire, but my tolerance is why down from when I used to use my herbie everyday. I'm absolutely in love with my PD, it is everything I had expected and more. The vapor I can get is much thicker than I thought, and much cooler. I thought it was going to be more similar to when using my herbalire as direct draw, which would burn my mouth. With the PD the vapor only gets warm when you really start to drag on it. Overall I'm beyond satisfied, and will be ordering another PD for the rest of the house and the car. The PD really hits the spot and is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

t00fatt,

masejl12

My stems are loose and shake exactly how you explained. If your not careful, bud will fall down. It just takes some getting use to, I usually remove the stem when finishing the inhale in order to eliminate the shaking. You'll figure everything out with a few days of use, congrats. :peace:

masejl12,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I tend too hold my PD with my thumb and the three outer fingers. I use my pointer finger pressed up against the tube as I use the PD. keeping it from moving and shaking about so no herb ends up inside the HE. Got too be careful where you put that pointer finger though, gets a little hot too close too where the tube and HE mate.

DevoTheStrange,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
DevoTheStrange said:
I tend too hold my PD with my thumb and the three outer fingers. I use my pointer finger pressed up against the tube as I use the PD. keeping it from moving and shaking about so no herb ends up inside the HE. Got too be careful where you put that pointer finger though, gets a little hot too close too where the tube and HE mate.
I do exactly the same. Normally i dont take the stem out in between hits, i let it heat a bit, but while you hold it like this you can stop any movement of the tube.

Happycamper,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i tend to rest the PD on its side with the tube inserted between hits. the plug keeps it from rolling and there's no concern with material falling into the unit.

jeffp,

leozdad

Happycamper said:
DevoTheStrange said:
I do exactly the same. Normally i dont take the stem out in between hits, i let it heat a bit, but while you hold it like this you can stop any movement of the tube.
Ditto :peace:

leozdad,

Jedu

Those of you who have a slightly warmer ;pd;, how many hits are you getting? With my old unit (just got a replacement a few days ago) i would get 1 big hit, one smaller hit, and one little hit. Now im getting one big hit with one small hit and getting really dark brown AVB. Dont get me wrong I still get :ko:, just wondering what other peoples results are :cool:.

EDIT: I realize that strain and quality have a lot to do with how many hits one gets but with this quality herb I feel I should definitely be getting more than one good hit.

Jedu,

lwien

Jedu said:
Those of you who have a slightly warmer ;pd;, how many hits are you getting? With my old unit (just got a replacement a few days ago) i would get 1 big hit, one smaller hit, and one little hit. Now im getting one big hit with one small hit and getting really dark brown AVB. Dont get me wrong I still get :ko:, just wondering what other peoples results are :cool:.

EDIT: I realize that strain and quality have a lot to do with how many hits one gets but with this quality herb I feel I should definitely be getting more than one good hit.
4 to 5 and my PD runs on the warm side. ABV a VERY dark brown.

lwien,

Frickr

lwien said:
4 to 5 and my PD runs on the warm side. ABV a VERY dark brown.
my old pd was like you describe. but with this new one my abv is just a nice golden brown. im not complaining as this one feels alot less harsh on the throat. but could the tolerance on the resistors and the resistance in the connections have anything to do with the heat?

im not thinking its an electrical issue though im thinking it has to be more mechanical. my first pd was larger in diamiter.also there was more wood above the heat exchanger, with my new one the heat exchangers almost all the way to the top and the unit is smaller around at the top, and i think this is allowing more heat to radiate off instead of being insulated by the wood.

sounds like each one of our friends have a personality of their own! :brow:

Frickr,

lwien

I have two PD's and their both the same, but I also got them approximately at the same time.

They both seem to be operating in the upper vape ranges, but I never noticed any harshness to the vapor.

lwien,

leozdad

Both of mine run about the same i think. They both hit the same. never harsh, i just get that hot spot on the tip of the lip (hey that rhymes :lol:) :peace:

leozdad,

Frickr

There is a deffinate differance between my old unit and my current one. my one i have now is more of what the majority claim on this thread. i always felt my old unit was running hotter then everyone elses but played it off as a figment of my immagination.

I know this by just the taste alone. my old unit i always thought tasted "hot". the vapor was a little to hot for my taste and had a popcorny taste from the first hit. i contributed this to the small bowl. compaired to my currant one which has a very tastey vapor. the abv is nice and cooked, but not dark brown. the old unit would be a dark chocolate color, almost black at first glance.

whatever it was that was causing that in the first one would irritate my throat and alot of others' throats as well, the new one has none of that. its nice and smooth and tastey every time, no popcorn taste at all unless if you rip on it long after vapor stops in the normal 2-3 hit range.

i sat one night with my old night and puffed on one tube for 20 mins straight, i blew a small cloud out every time. this is why i feel my old unit was too hot. having this new one confirms that in my mind.

dont get me wrong i was happy with the first one, but im in love with this second one! it makes choosing a second vape an almost impossible task due to the high expectations of a vape this one has set for me.

also my tubes dont seem to be getting as dirty as fast. i can vape close to an 8th through a single tube and it will only have a slight gold hew to it, the screen will still be clean. my old one the tubes would need to be cleaned every other day and would be a gold. i recently moved but would changing location with very little alt. change change the vape experience that much?

Frickr,

Puff Daddy

Hi I'm new to this forum and am very interested in vapeing. i have never tried it before but i have done some research for the past 2 weeks and i really want to get a PD. I went to buy one last week (for a birthday present to myself, Friday!) and i saw that there was a 9 week waiting period on vapenow.com. I am in the USA and Tom, i was wondering how long it would take if i were to order one on Friday?

Thanks to all and i am very happy to be a part of the community!

Puff Daddy,

Puff Daddy

I meant was this an exaggerated estimate or will it take 2 months to get here :(?

How long did it take the rest of you guys that ordered it recently to receive it?

Puff Daddy,

Jedu

Frickr said:
I know this by just the taste alone. my old unit i always thought tasted "hot". the vapor was a little to hot for my taste and had a popcorny taste from the first hit. i contributed this to the small bowl. compaired to my currant one which has a very tastey vapor. the abv is nice and cooked, but not dark brown. the old unit would be a dark chocolate color, almost black at first glance.
This is exactly what I was trying to describe, though i think it might have something to do with the voltage of my wall plug :shrug:.

Jedu,

sour

I just ordered my PD this evening. It should arrive the week before my birthday in January. Oh boy i'm going to be so happy!

sour,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Puff Daddy, there is a topic in the vapor lounge section of the forum labeled Purple Days Availability. I would suggest reading through there for information on how long it may take. From my point of view, the vapenow approximation has been fairly accurate barring interruption from Tom and Pam's personal lives. I'm 6 weeks going on tomorrow and it was at 7 weeks when I ordered. I'm startin' to get antsy with anticipation now. First few weeks are easy. As you near the end, hoping it is 7-9 weeks, it starts getting a lot harder. But people will tell you how amazing it is and how the wait is well worth it. I digress, check out the vapor lounge.

The_Other_Shoe,

Lucic77

The_Other_Shoe said:
Puff Daddy, there is a topic in the vapor lounge section of the forum labeled Purple Days Availability. I would suggest reading through there for information on how long it may take. From my point of view, the vapenow approximation has been fairly accurate barring interruption from Tom and Pam's personal lives. I'm 6 weeks going on tomorrow and it was at 7 weeks when I ordered. I'm startin' to get antsy with anticipation now. First few weeks are easy. As you near the end, hoping it is 7-9 weeks, it starts getting a lot harder. But people will tell you how amazing it is and how the wait is well worth it. I digress, check out the vapor lounge.
Puff Daddy, here is the link to the availability thread that The_Other_Shoe mentioned:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=905&p=35

I am on my 9th week and it was at 7+ when I ordered. No big deal. Just order it and forget it. :)

Lucic77,

t00fatt

I have not been able to stop vaping all day, must have vaped 10 stems by now. Holding the stem while hitting works great, and is nice and comfortable. I guess I just don't really remember how my buddies PD felt. I still can't believe the giant rips I can get out of her.

The best part is it even vapes hash oil great, and doesn't make a mess whatsoever. I keep my oil really cold so I can work with it, I rolled a bit into a ball then rolled that in keif and real finely ground bud. Then sucked a bit of bud into the stem, put the little hash ball on top, then covered it with a bit more bud. Got 8 big solid hits, then 4 or so smaller hits. I held the PD upside for the first few hits then held it up right and zero hash ran down, none even ran and stuck to the stem. The load blew right out and wasn't sticky at all, bowl was just as clean as before I packed any hash. I got ripped off my ass on one stem, actually getting ready to pack another.

The new waiting period is 9 months and I think started before the posted date of 8/27, I ordered on 8/23 and didn't get it until yesterday which is 10 weeks. So I think it's safe to say your going to be waiting at least 9 weeks, prolly closer to 10 to 11. Well worth the wait, what this vape can do with so little bud is just mind blowing!

t00fatt,

Puff Daddy

Thanks for the help everyone!:D My brother wants to get one too and he is an Electrical Engineer. He thinks the design is amazing but dosn't know of any ceramic resistor that can produce that enough constant heat. Does anyone have the part number or specs or any info on it?

Puff Daddy,

bcleez

DevoTheStrange: I tend too hold my PD with my thumb and the three outer fingers. I use my pointer finger pressed up against the tube as I use the PD. keeping it from moving and shaking about so no herb ends up inside the HE. Got too be careful where you put that pointer finger though, gets a little hot too close too where the tube and HE mate.
I plan on keeping my pinky pointing in to the air, like I am drinking a fine english tea. It is very sophisticated.

bcleez,
Top Bottom