Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

lwien

leozdad said:
Anyone else have a problem with a "hot spot" on the center of their top lip from where the stem rests on their top lip? :peace:
I kinda rotate the stem while I'm drawing. Kinda evens things out.

lwien,

Frickr

leozdad said:
Anyone else have a problem with a "hot spot" on the center of their top lip from where the stem rests on their top lip? :peace:
get your lips around that thing like your sucking on a.... well you get the point haha. but i found that i get alot more suction on the tubes if i wrap my lips around it and i dont get the 'burn' your describing, i do know what your talking about though, i had the same problem before i started lippin the hell out of the tubes.

Frickr,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Chubba said:
Apologies if this has already been covered in this massive thread - but what will i need to run the PD in the UK? Do i need a new power adapter or can i use a travel plug? We have 240v here.
Tom doesn't supply international power supplies normally.

You just walk down to your local electronics store and buy one yourself, get the proper plug type/voltage/amps and you're good to go.

10 pounds tops.
Tom or anyone else can you give me the Specs on the plug type \ volatage and amps so i can go buy one this weekend?

oddjobold,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
From Tom's site.

12 Volt DC @ 1000ma (1Amp) power supply. The plug end is 2.1mm x 5.5mm
Type M DC power plug wired center Positive or Negative.
If you don't want to mess around, just copy that down onto a piece of paper, word for word.

Give it to one of the employees at the electronic store and he will hook you up.

Chubba,

sethhobrin

anyone have a pic or know if the 2 air holes on the top of the heat exchanger are supposed to be lined up with the holes through the exchanger? i am thinking mine is not lined up properly but don't have anything to compare too.

it seems to not be hitting as well and the 2 holes in the top cover of the heat exchanger no longer line up with the holes underneath it through the exchanger.

suggestions for fixing this?

sethhobrin,

Purple-Days

We quit selling International kits, and made the announcement a while back.

We have a couple of stragglers we have talked to in the summer, who know what is required of them, and will fill those last couple of orders, but that is the end of International sales.

When we stopped selling International we intended that Vapenow continue with North America ONLY. Seems one or two may have made International purchase through the Vapenow waiting list. We are sorry for any mis-understanding or inconvenience, but we have quit doing International sales. Period. And that includes Vapenow. They have made that clear on their site and will issue refund to any who made a purchase. We will also be making it clear (have tried to but will make it more bold) on our site that there are no more International sales.

Questions such as, "Ordered my PD... Do i need a new power adapter or can i use a travel plug? We have 240v here." Show what we are up against with the International Market. And that's just one of the reasons. Sorry, to any potential customers, but this is the way it is. Our unit is designed for the North American Market and is sold only to the North American Market.

Purple-Days,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
sethhobrin said:
anyone have a pic or know if the 2 air holes on the top of the heat exchanger are supposed to be lined up with the holes through the exchanger? i am thinking mine is not lined up properly but don't have anything to compare too.

it seems to not be hitting as well and the 2 holes in the top cover of the heat exchanger no longer line up with the holes underneath it through the exchanger.

suggestions for fixing this?
Mine is the same, it's intentional. They would have always been like it afaik.

Happycamper,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
macbill said:
Or a tennis ball can. Couple holes: one to shoot the ABV, the other an air-relief. Or Pringles!
Back to the Past: sorry - re: spent tube disposal: a Crystal Light Drink can works perfect, with an series of cuts to look like a large asterick: about quarter coin size (*). In Vonneguts' "Breakfast of Champions", it would look like his drawing of an asshole. Before cutting, it may be benificial to reinforce under plastic top (tape) so that cuts don't get away from you.

Now: back to your regular posts.

macbill,

t00fatt

I wouldn't want to use anything with plastic, the bowl will be pretty hot and plastic does outgas, some of it may even stick to the bowl. I think your much better off with a glass jar with a metal lid.

t00fatt,

Purple-Days

This was an idea from a while back for a stylish blow jar. As you can see I didn't even polish it up, just a proto-type. It works but my stem hole was over size, so this one would never be just right. Nice tube holder and somewhat neato, duff container. :cool:

117ahjk.jpg

lines drawn on to show duff cavity

11uetrs.jpg

top view

Purple-Days,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
t00fatt said:
I wouldn't want to use anything with plastic, the bowl will be pretty hot and plastic does outgas, some of it may even stick to the bowl. I think your much better off with a glass jar with a metal lid.
I get a vicarious thrill living dangerously.

macbill,

Frickr

tom if you would be intrested in making a few of those, i would surely buy one, i like that idea alot!

Frickr,

digglover

So I lent my Purple Days to a friend over the summer and I finally got back the last stem he hadn't gotten back to me. Well when I got it I saw why he had put off returning it - He was so desperate to toke up one night (he couldn't wait for the PD to heat up) he filled the stem and lit it (COMBUSTED). So I'm thinking what the fuck? I mean it's goddamn weed not crack for god's sake. I'm guessing alcohol had some play in all this.

So my stems completely black and clogged. I tossed it in a fresh vat of 91% iso and I'm gonna let it sit and shake for a few days and see what happens. Is this tube just fucked or is their hope for it?

Fuck man. Sometimes people's carelessness just amazes me. Well if the tube is fucked he'll be ordering a replacement soon.

digglover,

Purple-Days

Pammy's Ex has had all three of his original tubes stolen by folks who must have thought they would make good little one hitters. Of course they don't.

The little blow box was just a concept. Thought I would show it though, might give you guys an idea for your own shop efforts.

Purple-Days,

vap999

Purple-Days said:
How are you coming with the copper and ceramics project? As I went further blind I lost track of a lot of threads, it seemed like a decent approach. That was you, wasn't it? Any luck?
xxx

vap999,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
The blow cup was cool looking, but i think you would need some sort of removable bottom to get the stuff out easy when you need to.

IAmKrazy2,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
it is cool and the included blow bag is perfect and easy to deal with, but i'm getting the best results from simply tapping the tube on the coffee table and after a session moving the AVB to my storage jar.

jeffp,

Purple-Days

The idea was turn it over, tap the stuff out, but you know how
folks won't understand ... ;) Even had a /\ under-shape (implemented but not drawn),
below the tube insert to funnel stuff back out. \/ :cool:

Oh, the fancy wooden stems are on hold for now. Maybe... someday???

Purple-Days,

beachvaper

I've been reading quite a bit about auto-immune disorders since I have several. Starts with one and others snowball. The chemicals in plastics are being held responsible for the plethora of auto-immune disorders today. The only thing I don't like about the Purple Days is the plastic part.

Did you know that PBDE's are chemicals that manufacturers use in almost all products. Everything they think could be flammable. Your computer, tv, footwear, insulation in your wall, upholstery, cushions, carpets, toys, way more. Problem is that PBDE's are not molecularly bound to anything. As a result, they leach out of whatever they're put in. They end up all over the place, fall to the floor and attach to dust. You have them all over your house. We all inhale it everyday. If you drop food on the floor and eat it, you're eating pbde's. Children especially as they're on the floor and chew on stuff landing on the floor. They saturate mattresses with them, especially the petroleum based memory foam. If you get a latex mattress you're ok. Latex doesn't burn. I use to put out my prairie fires with a rubber mat.

A wide array of environmental chemicals such as pbde's, dioxin's, pcb's, and way more act as endocrine disruptors, They mimic natural estrogen. Once in the cell, these imposters bind with estrogen receptors and begin to send things askew by sending out false signals to the rest of the body. It turns on cellular interactions that shouldn't be happening. When they coat the receptors natural hormones cannot get through and this causes signals that should be sent out, not to. This all results in autoimmune diseases.

Sure not trying to talk Tom into anything. I know he's got enough work to do. lol. If I have a problem with plastic it's up to me to find the solution. I'm sure it's still the least toxic vape out there. It's why I picked it. Thanks Tom. I plan on searching online for something that could substitute. Or maybe find a local woodworker who could craft something. :peace:

beachvaper,

Purple-Days

Beachweed, our Polypropylene Rod is Polypropylene. PP #5 for short. It is not a blend and does not contain anything but Polypropylene. :cool:

Not sure why you bring up Polybrominated diphenyl ethers, or why you would think they have anything to do with the Polypropylene used in the vapor tubes of the Purple-Days Diffuser. :/

Plastic is a very broad term and there are a lot of materials that fall under that name. They are not all the same. :2c:

Purple-Days,

t00fatt

Finally got my PD today, and Tom she is gorgeous!. Much darker then I was expecting, and a very nice grain too. It must have gotten banged around during delivery as the heat exchanger clip was all the way to the top and about to fall out, I used a bit of aluminum tubing and pushed it back into place. She's still warming up now, has only been about 30 minutes. But one thing that concerns me is how loose my stems fit in the heat exchanger, the ID of the HE exit seems to be a few thousands of an inch too large. It also seems to be slightly oblong, only on two sides is it really loose. I'm not complaining, just wondering if this is normal or not. Overall I'm very satisfied, and haven't even used it yet! Tom thank you for making such a wonderful product, it's obvious how time and care you put into each unit. :peace:

t00fatt,
Top Bottom