Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Frickr

that reminds me of a stainless steel fuel filters that fit in the carb on some older cars.

Frickr,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
:) LMAO at that attached ashtray!!

I have found my solution to unloading the PD tubes and it works like a charm for me :D

I use a 24oz glass jar with lid recycled from some jar of pickles or peppers or something. I point the end of the tube inside the jar but tip towards the glass wall of the jar - up towards the top and I blow out the tube. I have never had it backfire since I blow it towards the glass and up kind of high... I keep unscrewing the lid but am thinking about making a tube sized hole in the lid. I only collect between 1-2 cups of ABV and then find a use for it so the jar never gets way full. I like this method a LOT :D

Lo,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Or a tennis ball can. Couple holes: one to shoot the ABV, the other an air-relief. Or Pringles!

macbill,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I like the way your mind works Macbill!! Good thinking there.

Lo,

indigal

Amongst the corn
My set up:
301hr48.jpg

I pack light so I just tap the steel back and forth in the opening while hot. Comes out clean, puff through to make sure screen is clear *peek down tube with one eye* yep.

indigal,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I agree with the tennis ball, but it is small and hard to open at the end. As for the pringles, it would work, just need to make sure there are no crumbs and stuff, at least I would have to cause I'm strange like that :p. Personally I was thinking of using a completely dried out water bottle or something similar. It would have a narrow top to allow blowing of remnants, and a decent amount of area to hold. That or I would probably just use the duff bag :lol:.

The_Other_Shoe,

pbmagnet4

t00fatt said:
pbmagnet4 said:
So i wouldnt get to take my PD with me on any of my worldwide adventures :(, owell. Id rather have it sitting safely at my house than have to worry about it falling into the wrong hands :o. I suppose i would bring around a gram or so and see how long it lasts me with some papers :/.
On a 7 day cruise I took an ounce, but there were three of us. Hell a few months ago I took a quarter on a three day cruise for me and another person. If your going on carnival you have nothing to worry about, a lot of people are lighting up in their rooms. You can smell bud as you walk down the hall ways. On royal Caribbean I like to keep most of my smoking outside at night, but would smoke a bowl or two at night and spray a bit of ozium. A cruise is just no fun without a lot of buds.

Hippie Dickie said:
is it a problem scoring some bud in Jamacia, mon?
It can be, you have to be careful. A lot of them are trying to rob you, and some are even undercovers. I never had any problems though, both in the Bahamas and Jamaica. You can even come across some sensi if your lucky I've heard. The only bud I've gotten was seeded, in Jamaica it's usually not even bricked yet. In the Bahamas all there is is brick pretty much. I rented a house in the Abacos, Bahamas for two weeks. I befriended a guy I met at a bar and was supplying me with surprisingly good brick weed.
Hmmm... Thanks you for the valuable information, it seems that the only thing i need to make sure of is to not bring anything back. Also, as far as a jar to blow out the vaped remains i think this site http://www.specialtybottle.com/ may be helpful for finding the appropriate glass size jar...

pbmagnet4,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
reece said:
leozdad said:
I just tap mine against my ABV tray (formerly an ash tray) and it neatly falls out, give a puff through the tube and viola! clean tube :peace:
voila
Agreed. Last night I gently tapped mine against the surface of my coffee table and later on simply whisked the ABV into my glass collection jar. I think I may prefer this method. Tapping does work nicely.

fingerbeatz1.jpg

jeffp,

t00fatt

I haven't gotten my PD yet, but I have a small glass jar with a metal lid. I'm going to drill a hole sized to fit the bowl side of the PD stem to blow the ABV into the jar. I'm also going to add another "relief" hole with a screen to allow you to blow with some force. Won't be the prettiest thing, but I think it will get the job done nicely. It will be stored in a drawer anyways, but by simply wrapping it or putting it in something could made it aesthetically pleasing.

Speaking of which, Tom or anyone else. Could you give the OD of metal bowl on the PD stem?

t00fatt,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
that's a cool idea, it's crossed my mind also. might be good to put a screen in the "relief" hole.
meantime just tapping the tube gently against a smooth surface releases the vaped material nicely, and then an easy whisk into the collection bottle.

jeffp,

t00fatt

I used to tap my herablaire bowls out into a glass ash tray, but it was annoying. It would come out but I would spend like 10 seconds tapping it out, and I'm very impatient :lol:. Only problem with my set up, is it's going to be ugly. Doesn't really matter to me, this is a bedroom vape, and I rarely have people over. Not the biggest fan of people, actually hate them...:cool::lol:

t00fatt,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
As long as you're going ugly, why not go whole hog and select a blatantly crude jar, like a Smuckers jelly jar, with the label still on it..
Make sure it's grape so you'll remember it's for the PD...

jeffp,

t00fatt

It's something like that :lol:. It's a small guava paste jar, only about 3 1/2" tall but pretty fat and round. Label is already gone, and I'm going to sand the paint of the lid and lightly polish the aluminum. I used to use it to clean my herbalaire bowl in acetone, as iso wasn't strong enough to dissolve the caked on burnt condensed vapor.

t00fatt,

t00fatt

HAHA Yep that's it exactly! Same brand and jar :D

Didn't know they sold the stuff outside of miami, you must close to a hispanic area.

t00fatt,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
t00fatt, if aesthetics worry you at all, just put the jar inside the duff bag that comes with the pd. In my opinion, it would be the best way to conceal and not be ugly. Just a thought.

The_Other_Shoe,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Ordered my PD a few weeks ago - am in the UK so might have a little longer to wait. Looks really cool. I used to own a volcano and it always made me tooo stoned. The purple days sounds a little more refined.

Apologies if this has already been covered in this massive thread - but what will i need to run the PD in the UK? Do i need a new power adapter or can i use a travel plug? We have 240v here.

If i need a new adapter could you give me the specs to i can find one before my PD arrives?

Cheers

oddjobold,

Frickr

wow i hate immature people. is there really any reason to come on a forum and post VERY obsene pictures? all these posts were dirrected at the pd, so it sounds like someone is a little upset about their high demand and long wait.

Frickr,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Apologies if this has already been covered in this massive thread - but what will i need to run the PD in the UK? Do i need a new power adapter or can i use a travel plug? We have 240v here.
Tom doesn't supply international power supplies normally.

You just walk down to your local electronics store and buy one yourself, get the proper plug type/voltage/amps and you're good to go.

10 pounds tops.

Chubba,

lwien

Frickr said:
wow i hate immature people. is there really any reason to come on a forum and post VERY obsene pictures? all these posts were dirrected at the pd, so it sounds like someone is a little upset about their high demand and long wait.
Naw......it's pollykok, aka bollykok, aka...............

Guys a professional troll. Someone in chat googled his name and he's pulling this same crap at a lot of other sites as well. Just some poor attention starved person.

lwien,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lwien said:
Frickr said:

Guys a professional troll. Someone in chat googled his name and he's pulling this same crap at a lot of other sites as well. Just some poor attention starved person.
I posted something similar and then decided against it. Hopefully there can be some sort of IP addy ban? Not even sure if it's possible.

Oh well, we carry on with the cool stuff. Nothing to see overhere...:rolleyes:

indigal,

reece

lwien said:
Frickr said:

Yep, he first started on the Zap thread (first time I saw him post). He was up to no good from the beginning.

reece,

leozdad

Anyone else have a problem with a "hot spot" on the center of their top lip from where the stem rests on their top lip? :peace:

leozdad,
Top Bottom