Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

stickstones

Vapor concierge
frickr, I would go with the incense. I have both the oil and the incense and if what you want is a nice smelling room, the incense will be just right. It is not overpowering and lasts a long time. Plus, you can control how strong the smell is by how much you put in the cap.

The oil is more expensive and doesn't last as long and is much stronger. It's really more designed for those who want the therapeutic qualities of the herbs, as you won't get that from the incense.

stickstones,

Frickr

alright thanks, thats what i was after.

when i first started looking at the pd, i always thought that the cap was something i would never use.but lately ive been thinking that is a pretty ingenious idea to put a end cap from the plumbing section onto the top of the heatexchanger. and i find myself knowing its going to be something i use as much as the pd itself. im hoping today or tomorrow for shipping todays the 9th business day. im getting axious

Frickr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I found that if I let the unit warm up with the incense on it, I'll have a good idea of when it is heated up sufficiently. Also, the room already smells good. Then I swap the bowl for the tube and no one can smell the vapor because of the incense. When the tube is done I put the bowl back on so the PD is always working for me!

stickstones,

jeg05

Well I got my stems last night for my pd and I finally got to use it. I really like it so far, the only problem was when I used it for the 1st time last night, I would have sworn that I could smell weed burning but it was just my imagination because I used the pd this morning and there was no smell that didn?t go away in a minute or two; also I think these little stems pack quite a punch. All in all Tom top notch work thanks again for such a great product and customer care.

jeg05,

sethhobrin

jeg05 said:
Well I got my stems last night for my pd and I finally got to use it. I really like it so far, the only problem was when I used it for the 1st time last night, I would have sworn that I could smell weed burning but it was just my imagination because I used the pd this morning and there was no smell that didn?t go away in a minute or two; also I think these little stems pack quite a punch. All in all Tom top notch work thanks again for such a great product and customer care.
Sometimes a tiny little bit falls in to the heat exchanger and it burns.

in fact the little metal rod that keeps the stem in place is black.

sethhobrin,

sterbo

EitherOr said:
Any of y'all with Tea Tree model's have some pic's you can show off? :cool:
Here are two videos that Spiral has posted showing off his Tea Tree PD on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtOO5_cOZxA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaBq5zQAoG8

and, you might want to take this opportunity to check out a great site, Marijuana.com. If so head to the Vaporizer Forum and do a search for purple days.
Spiral has posted some great pics there of his Tea Tree version...

sterbo,

WavyGravy

its here, its here!!!!! Finally. after days of waiting its here! I broke it in with a couple of friends and let me tell you we got riiiiped off of so little. We were amazed. So far im lovin it. I ahvent had a chance to introduce her to her new home (my room) but when i do i will give full review and impressions. But im so glad im finally in the family! :D

WavyGravy,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
That's awesome WavyGravy :)! I'm glad you finally got it. Wicked you're enjoying the PD experience (predictable but none the less awesome) and I hope you continue to do so!!! It only gets better! :ko:

Welcome to the family :wave:

partially veiled,

Purple-Days

Glad you guys enjoyed Wavy, welcome to the family.
Gotta get back to work, have a good weekend everyone. :cool:

Purple-Days,

bihsbihs

I was talking to Spiral earlier and I said something that at first didn't mean much to me... but now that I think about it, it is one of the best reviews for Purple-Days ever (feel free to use it on your site).

In a nut shell, I asked Spiral if he knew where I could buy a dust cover for my volcano.

I'm serious.

I don't want to sell it because I still love it, but it seems bad to just keep it out and open when I rarely use it (haven't used it since mid-january, used to use it daily).

So yeah... this is sort of a review and a request...

the PD is my new love. <3

Seriously though, anyone know where I can find a dust cover for a 'cano?

bihsbihs,

Vape4therestofmylife

so i ordered one of these on Thursday and am kinda sad i have to wait 12-15 business days. to get it but the t-break is always useful.

i have 400 in tips saved +a 400 tax rebate coming so the pd has alot of work ahead of it.

Vape4therestofmylife,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Thanks for providing the link. :tup: That PD-review/Volcano-compare-and-contrast was both insightful and interesting to read :) (IMO)--especially the Cadaillac(volcano)/Honda(purple-days) analogy :lol: .

I also feel that there are also many who share some of your preferences/patterns/needs (efficiency, accessibility, portability, durability, etc.) :D --probably why the PD is gaining popularity so fast (and Tom is having more and more trouble keeping up with orders...jk). :p

Thanks again for sharing, bihsbihs (and, as always, toke it easy! :cool: )

Progress,

max

Out to lunch
bihsbihs said:
:tup: bihsbihs! I see sterbo put in a plug over there too. Seems like the #1 complaint people pop up with for the PD is the 30 min. warmup. I even heard it from Vaporstore last year when I suggested they should consider adding it to their lineup. On one hand I understand that the protesters are just ignorant about the low power consumption (uses even less than the 8W/two night lights advertised), but I don't understand why people never seem to consider a cheap timer for a remedy. I mean even with full size home vapes, does anyone really turn them off between vaping sessions? I guess so. I usually turn my Surfer on every day when I get home and turn it off when I go to bed (if I remember to), and some nights I don't even use it.

I admit that the long warmup put me off a little when I first looked at Tom's site, but since I was a long time Vapolution user I knew that a 12V design was very frugal with power consumption, and using a timer popped into my head almost immediately. Certainly it's a drawback for portable use, but hey, no vape is perfect. I'm sure there are some paranoid people who will think 'fire hazzard' or 'leaving it on means using it up', but I do wonder how many of these people are the same ones who turn the TV on in the morning and leave it on all day whether they're watching it or not.

max,

lwien

max said:
I'm sure there are some paranoid people who will think 'fire hazzard' or 'leaving it on means using it up', but I do wonder how many of these people are the same ones who turn the TV on in the morning and leave it on all day whether they're watching it or not.
Well, there's always SOME concern about leaving anything electrical turned on when not at home regarding fire hazards but "leaving it on means using it up" is very much up for debate. There are many in the electronics field that believe that the fluctuating temperatures of turning something on and off is MORE detrimental than a constant temperature level of just leaving it on 24/7.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
In most homes a wall outlet is more likely to catch fire than a PD.

There are many in the electronics field that believe that the fluctuating temperatures of turning something on and off is MORE detrimental than a constant temperature level of just leaving it on 24/7.
Yeah, I'd say the vast majority of experts agree that solid state devices are much happier being left on, vs. turned on and off. There's a tradeoff for appliances like a TV with a CRT, since tubes do wear out the longer they're on, and other devices where moving parts are in action when on.

max,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Well ive had my PD for a few days and absolutetly love it! Thanks everyone for convincing me to buy this, im taking it everywhere and showing it off to everyone :D

I have been using a bong downstem as a small extension to my pd tubes, adds a few inches of glass and you can see the vapor flowing through the downstem.

Survivalism,

Frickr

im hoping mine will be here with tomorrows mail. i cant wait. i cant help but think if this thing is too good to be true, but i guess i will find out tomorrow. 140 bowls out of an 8th is outragious. im gonna love this thing even if its just for conserving! got a good bud pucked out saved to be vaped and everything.

Frickr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Survivalism said:
Well ive had my PD for a few days and absolutetly love it! Thanks everyone for convincing me to buy this, im taking it everywhere and showing it off to everyone :D

I have been using a bong downstem as a small extension to my pd tubes, adds a few inches of glass and you can see the vapor flowing through the downstem.
I would love a pic, as I am thinking of ways to extend the vapor path.
Thanks!

stickstones,
Top Bottom