Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Whattup Tom & Pam :D one of your minions here reporting back with some pics :brow: Just got a new 1500mA 12V for my ;pd; at radio shack. works like new :lol:

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q204/hennessy1414/IMG_0289.jpg (more)

one small tiny PD bowl will MILK the hell outta that lil tube...:ko:

;pd;I love it ;pd;

:peace:

sorry these ain't buttery milky cream shots.....one man can only do so much ;)

Hennessy1414,

josh

I think today is going to be a good day. I ordered the Purple Days from VapeNow on Sunday evening. It shipped from IN the next day and hit KY yesterday. I just checked my UPS tracking number a few minutes ago and it is here in Jacksonville, FL out for delivery. Hmmm...will it come before work and tease me all day or will I have a present waiting on me when I get home? Yes, today will be a good day.

josh,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Damn Henny...that is sweet! You gotta find a way to post a milk shot with that one...you're teasing me!

stickstones,

Bolian1119

Thank You Pam and Tom, I just received my PD on saturday and i've been enjoying it ever since.. i definitely got the hang of using it after a couple of tries, haha and it's also thanks to all the tips posted by everyone :) haha i must of read through every page before making this purchase! I am also amazed at how efficient this thing is... although one bowl is enough to get me lit... can't really have just one bowl cuz i just wanna keep packin and smokin lol. The smell is almost non-existent and the copper cup for the aromatherapy oils does wonders :)... but yea i just wanna thank you guys for a wonderful product... i do have one question tho... Is the PD somethin i could bring on the plane?

Bolian1119,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome to the PD family Bolian. Another satisfied PD owner. What a surprise. :lol:

i must of read through every page before making this purchase!
:tup:

Is the PD somethin i could bring on the plane?
Without the vapor tubes, it's a bona fide diffuser, but until we hear from multiple people who have successfully carried it on a plane trip, :shrug: .

max,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the family, Bolian1119. Glad you are enjoying. :)

Your question about taking it on a plane. I don't know. :uhoh: Things have changed so much these days. I haven't flown in over 20 years. So i don't have a clue about security measures. Maybe some of the others would know.

Purple-Days,

Beezleb

Be ready for it to be noticed and for questions to be asked if you want to take on a plane or even put in luggage.

Beezleb,

zukiru

When I first saw the PD I knew it was exactly what I was looking for. All I needed to do was to confirm that it worked well, it was safe, and I was ready to buy. After reading just a few pages from this forum I could feel the love for the product and its creators. I ordered on Sunday night and UPS tracking indicates I will be receiving my PD tomorrow, I am sure I will not be disappointed. :D

Hopefully it will solve a major problem for me. Soon I will be going in the hospital for 3 to 5 weeks, I have been freaking out over how I was going to medicate while being there. I thought my only choice would be edibles, but now I am hoping the PD is stealthy enough to just leave out in the open in the bathroom as an aromatherapy device. I can visit it when needed, take a few quick hits and nobody will be the wiser. This is going to make my hospital stay much more tolerable.

zukiru,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
im glad that you now have a nice vape to use while being treated. i would hate to be in the hospital without any way to relieve myself (pun intended). ;)

in other news........im really pondering on whether or not to get my girl a pink ivory PD.

illadelph,

lwien

So I just ordered my PD today, but I got a minor question for you guys. I was debating about ordering the Billy Bowl, but didn't, thinking that I would just store my ground herb in the Space Case 4pc that I just ordered. Wise decision, or do ya think I should have gone with the Billy Bowl.

Just didn't seem to make sense to get the Bowl, being that the longer the ground herb stays in the grinder, the more kief I'm gonna get. Thoughts?

lwien,

zombonaut

Hey guys! I picked up a PD from Vapenow and am very pleased with it!

The only issue I'm having is that I seem to have gotten a bum car charger. I tested my cig socket in my car with my other car chargers and it seems fine with them. The charger does say 12v only, any reason to assume that my 06 Scion XB would be 24v?

zombonaut,

Frickr

zombonaut said:

The only issue I'm having is that I seem to have gotten a bum car charger. I tested my cig socket in my car with my other car chargers and it seems fine with them. The charger does say 12v only, any reason to assume that my 06 Scion XB would be 24v?
no, your cars electrical charging system is only 12 volts. 14.3 is the actual volts iirc. have you unscrewed the tip of the cord and looked at the fuse on the inside?

ive had my pd for a few days now, worth every penny. my only complaint is that i should of ordered it sooner. ive been using the aromatheripy cap with a few sprays of cologne in it. i havent got down to the store to get some incents, but this seems to be doing the job well. not overpowering but still noticable.

Frickr,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
LWIEN

Hey man the deal wit the billy-bowl is this...its tru that the grinder is more of an optimal storage for GROUND up material...I see the billy bowl as getting my nuggets ready for the grinder...ill buy a sac...leave the semi moist nug in the billy bow...then grind it up and im getting less moist herb to keif in the screen

just my :2c: on the issue...the billy bowl does an AWESOME job at holding ground nug too...its also quite the looker sitting next to your ;pd;

glass, diamonds, wood, gold, greens is all I need :cool:

oh and taking the PD on a plane has been discussed, I think, in this thread. I know it has been discussed before tho. might have been pammy that has taken it on a plane before...lemie check the "search" thing on here for ya

:peace:

edit//// oh yeah word up SM55...right back at you with your knerd inline bubbler :D

Hennessy1414,

josh

Today is definitely a good day. It was waiting for me at the front door. I unpacked the box and took a few pics. The charger is plugged in and I have about 30 minutes more til it should be ready for use. One question though...the new models don't have the light anymore? I notice in the pics other people posted they have the purple light to indicate when it's on. Mine has the little sun rays logo, but no light. I seem to remember Tom saying something about that, but can't remember which page that was on. Either way I can feel a little heat from the top so it is definitely warming up. I can't wait for my first tube. Thanks Tom and Pammy. I love American craftsmanship. This is truly a work of art.

josh,

Beezleb

They discontinued the light due to issues with it. It is explained somewhere in this mountain of a thread.

We should have a FAQ post in the front or close to of each thread for a model but easier said than done.

Beezleb,

josh

I thought I had remembered reading that somewhere. Thanks for confirming.

First impressions: I absolutely LOVE it. What a beautifully simple and simply beautiful piece of work! Very, very nice and instantly my favorite. I am so glad I quit smoking and started vaping and even more glad I found this forum and the PD. Thank you all very much.

I just can't believe how simple it is. Open up package. Unpack materials. Plug in and come back in 45 minutes. Pack a tube and toke away. It really doesn't get much easier. Thank you Tom and Pammy.

josh,

max

Out to lunch
zombonaut said:

Glad you like the PD zombonaut. Check the fuse in your car adapter (not a charger). You may just need a new one.

max,

Frickr

any one have one of these laying around

roor_parts_spliff_adaptor_upright.jpg

i had a dream last night (which is very rare for me as i usually never have dreams and remember them) but in the dream i took one of these splif addapters and pulled the metel tube out of the pd stem and placed it in the adapter so the pd could be used easily with any bong.

Frickr,

max

Out to lunch
Well, the first PD ripoff (sort of) has hit the market. The Aromazap guy has started making his units round like Tom's. I've heard that he claims he thought of it himself, before he ever saw Tom's PD, but I find that hard to believe. Anyway, it looks like a PD, but only the Myrtlewood version is hardwood and they all have the inferior zap guts and design, along with a 90 day warranty vs. Tom's 3 yrs. I wonder how long it'll be before we get a 'round aromazap' owner here, claiming it's as good as the PD? :rolleyes:

max,

eLiguL

max said:
Well, the first PD ripoff (sort of) has hit the market. The Aromazap guy has started making his units round like Tom's. I've heard that he claims he thought of it himself, before he ever saw Tom's PD, but I find that hard to believe. Anyway, it looks like a PD, but only the Myrtlewood version is hardwood and they all have the inferior zap guts and design, along with a 90 day warranty vs. Tom's 3 yrs. I wonder how long it'll be before we get a 'round aromazap' owner here, claiming it's as good as the PD? :rolleyes:

[url]http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6901/myrtle.th.jpg[/url]
LoL those look like rotten PD's.....

eLiguL,

Beezleb

it does look ugly but I will withhold judgment on it until more is known about it but I kinda agree with Max. The only aspect I see of it its price is a bit cheaper but only by about 20bucks so not really that big of an issue and the warranty disparity as Max pointed out. shocking that they are willing to stand by the product for only 90days.\

The only difference I can see is that they now offer a hardwood body and a stem that you can with an air hole or without.

From toms first post in thread:
Our first vaporizer purchase was an Aromazap. (Aromazap topld me he reverse engineered from two Eterra Vaporizers and started making them in 2001.) It worked well till an electrical connection let loose. I tore off the leather and cardboard bottom and made an easy repair, glued it back shut and continued enjoying it's use.

Until a big problem with the Aromazap product came out.
http://aromazap.com/myrtlezap.php
I have to quote his site: "softwood, does not like heat. The heatport assembly will become loose in the softwood enclosure and begin rattling after some time. This process can take a couple years..." Our's lasted almost that long.

I took out the important components and I replaced the disintegrating Douglas Fir body with a hard, turned Myrtlewood body. (No more pine odor)
Aromazap I think mentions Tom but not by name:
In the fall of 2007 an old customer living in Oregon asked us if we would build a custom Aromazap made from Myrtlewood, a very dense and colorful hardwood that is only commercially available in the coastal areas of Oregon. He supplied the wood and we made one for him and another to try ourselves. We were so impressed with the beauty of the wood and the incredible hardness of Myrtlewood that we tried a few more on an experimental basis with much success. Now we are offering them to the public as an upscale version of the standard Aromazap. All MyrtleZaps have ONLY a hand rubbed natural flaxseed oil finish. We do not use any wood stains or petrochemical products when finishing MyrtleZaps. All MyrtleZaps also have a blue led 'on' light. They will last much longer than the standard softwood Aromazap.
The only real improvement I think Aromazap did was increase the shelf life of the vape by using hardwoods and offering a selection of an air hole or not in the stems.

Since the vape has been around since 2001 and Tom speaks pretty well for it in its early use I estimate, but am without benefit of any reviews really that compare the two, I feel they are probably similar or close vape in efficiency.

At this point in time I plan to keep advocating for the PD due to the PD warranty, the outstanding customer service, the regular input from Tom and Pam and that it appears that Aromazap only updated or improved their device because of the success of the PD.

Who or what came first is not so important when compared to who is doing it better and my opinion is that for now in small bowl efficiency and ease of use it is the PD.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom