Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Not yet! But everything in my house has somehow grown a price tag. As I walk around I keep thinkin 'what would that get on ebay?'

stickstones,

Purple-Days

No, the LED jusy says you have power at the unit. It isn't even needed, and runs in an isolated circuit. IE if the LED (rated at 10 years) ever fails that doesn't stop the vape section from working.

We better set up a payment plan for sticks, don't want him selling his kids bike. :lol: No hurry man, we'll be here when you are ready.

Yeah, stonemonkey, Rick's A-zap had a very simple geometry and the gap between their brass heat exchanger and the outer sleeve was huge. Plus other issues...

We liked the system, but I felt it had a lot of room for improvement. That heat exchanger was one of the big changes. Going to the hardwood body for durability was another. And maybe the most important was getting a 100% toxin free vape. Replacing the brass with stainless steel and special ordering all the electronic components. RoHS comploance is a big issue with us. And we are 100%.

Even the tinned copper hook-up wire is special order (not cheap). BTW there is no electric wiring insulation in a PD. The wire is bare and insulated by the wood.

Purple-Days,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Just anote to say how uselful the extended startup time is on the PD.

Thursdays are my biggest day of the week at work and I try and refrain from a wake n bake on these mornings. Try being the word here :rolleyes: Anyway, turning the PD off last night meant I didn't have time for it to warm up before I head off to catch my train. :tup: I spose I could have turned it on first thing and snuck in a quick bowl as I head out the door ... but I didn't ... and tonight I've got a local gig so I'm gonna get nicely toasted before playing :cool:

vaporcloud,

vibes1952

Has anyone come up with a way to temporarily cover the
outside of the PD with something like a coke/soda label?

looks like you are sipping a soda can :o

vibes1952,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Hey PD...I forgot my dc adaptor at home. We have a pile at work that are 12 v, but I was wondering the Amprage. Can you help?

DigitalDavinci,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey guys, just placed my order for the PD, can I be a honorary member of the ssv/pd club now? :ninja:

stonemonkey55,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
DigitalDavinci said:
Hey PD...I forgot my dc adaptor at home. We have a pile at work that are 12 v, but I was wondering the Amprage. Can you help?
Tom said:
Then you go to the local electronics store and pick up a wall adapter suited to your electric grid. a 12 Volt, 1000mA DC output into a type M (2.1mm x 5.5mm) center positive DC plug. Pretty common stuff... (of course we send the car adapter and everything else with international kits).

For more details see, http://purple-days.com/International_Inquiries.html
:)

vtac,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
One more thing I've been meaning to add to this thread, but working 65 hours a week under deadline doesn't leave a lot of time for FC.

I have had a revelation on the method of consuming MJ through the PD thanks to vaporcloud and SpiralArchitect. Thanks guys! :D

I have nice full hydro buds, so this may work a little differently with dry bud. Mine happens to be rather moist right now...

1. break a pellet of bud that roughly fits the small bowl of the PD. Not too big. Make sure to allow for air flow. The break it in two.

2. Pack the halved pellets, one ontop of each other, in the PD bowl.

3. Take a normal hit.

4. Take out the first half of the pellet, and set it aside. Leave the bottom half of the pellet in there.

5. Take another hit.

6. Blow out the last of the pellet, and crush the 2 halves in the palm of your hand together.

7. Suck up the herb into the bowl like a straw in a thick milkshake.

IMPORTANT!!!

8. Don't piont the tube down into the heat exchanger, but keep the unit in a horizontal position while hitting it. Do this because the particles will fall into the PD if you don't use enough suction or keep it horizontal. If it happens just turn over and spank on the bottom leather. She likes it. :p

9. Hack a lung up because the third hit is stronger than the first two. :cool:

10. Repeat

I was complainin a couple of days ago (wrongly I might add) about the difficulty I was having with getting high on vaporizers. Now I realize my tolorance is way too high, but I can get pretty damn vaked on 3 PD bowls useing this method. I need 5 bowls of ground bud, but all be it I packed it looser, so it is probally close to the same amount. The hits on the other hand are much larger and satisfying now with this method. Therefor my high is stronger (IMO), and the vapor is as thick as I got with my box vape.

I have always been in love with my PD, but now it is a part of me. I've created a place at work to keep her pluged in where no one will find her, I use it on the road eventhough Tom doesn't suggest it (everyone thinks your drinking something!), and I have a new love for the Sunrise's as I got to see my first non-rain Sunday Sunrise with my PD and vaporclouds awesome tunes.

I love blowing purple clouds in the dark with my PD too. Just had to add that. ;)

I'll hate to be apart from her for a few weeks, but I have to work on my tolorance. Absence make the heart grow fonder I guess.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Welcome Stonemonkey55...you'll be blowin puple clouds before you know it. What wood did you get?

Thanks PD. You are always so quick with the responces. YOU ROCK MAN. I'm here at work until 12:00 midnight tonight. You have helped this 16 hour day go by faster/better. :D

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
DigitalDavinci said:
Thanks PD. You are always so quick with the responces. YOU ROCK MAN. I'm here at work until 12:00 midnight tonight. You have helped this 16 hour day go by faster/better. :D

DD
No love! Haha, so you found a suitable adapter? :cool:

stonemonkey55 said:
Hey guys, just placed my order for the PD, can I be a honorary member of the ssv/pd club now? :ninja:
After you hit your first PD bowl you can submit an application for review. :D

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Out there idea: Scale everything about the PD up until the bowl's say... 20mm in diameter. Think it would work?

I have no desire for a bigger PD bowl, just a crazy thought I keep having. Bet it would hit like a champ with the huge heat exchanger :)

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
stonemonkey55 said:
Nothing honorary about it. You fully qualify. :tup: Vaporcloud is an honorary member, since his SSV is really a Vaporite. ;)

DigitalDavinci said:
Don't piont the tube down into the heat exchanger, but keep the unit in a horizontal position while hitting it. Do this because the particles will fall into the PD if you don't use enough suction or keep it horizontal.
I thought that way at first too, but it's really pretty easy to pack the bowl well enough so that little to nothing goes down the hole. I just turn it upside down and smack it a time or two in my palm in case I need to clear a crumb or two. Most times there's nothing there. Extra dry/powdery herb is obviously more problematic. It also helps if you tap the bowl a time or two after loading to make sure you've got a secure load before you insert the tube.

max,

Purple-Days

Welcome to the family StoneMonkey. :D

That wasn't me DD. :/ Been working this morning. Thanks for the assist VTAC. :) BTW AC (60 Hz US/CAN) or DC they both work fine. (center + DC) 1000mA.

Vibes, a can koozie should work nice, just cut a hole for the power to plug in. The koozie will boost the temp a bit . . .

VTAC, in talking to Rick the A-zap man he told me that had been tried in the Inavape. Not 20mm but a much larger bowl diameter. Rick reported to me that it was not a success story. I have never tried an Inavape and don't know.

One thing to remember is volume is length times diameter.

We are at about 5mm dia. by about the same depth. That's about 10-12 cubic mm. running off 8 watts and 100 gram mass.

Keeping the same depth and doubling the diameter to 10mm. would be about 40 cubic mm.

At 20 mm it is close to 160 cubic mm.

Making it simple 4 x 4 = 16 but 8 x 8 = 64 and so on. Double diameter = quadruple volume. And that vape would require a 400 gram and 1600 gram mass respectively.And the insulation wood around those larger masses would make it a table vape for sure. A 5 pound PD, indeed ! :uhoh:

The other problems I see, more wattage by the same amounts??? A shallow/wide bowl wouldn't hold onto the material very well. You would also sacrifice getting fresh tasty hits so often. :cool:

Max has the load holding tech down pat. (crumb clearing method too) Only thing I would add is on the extra sry powdery stuff starting the 'virgin' hit in a horizontal position and then relaxing to a normal soda position (after the heat hits the load and you are drawing in). Seems the heat 'freezes' a load in place till the 'glue' is gone and it blows out easily.

Purple-Days,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
DD, I got the standard cherry wood, which just happens to be the grain I would have picked anyways. I can't believe that I couldn't wait for Max to get the i-inhale before deciding on the purchase but I like the PD team and after reading this thread, I knew it had to be a "must own" I recently found out my mother in law's new boyfriend has been a lifetime smoker (she doesn't smoke, and doesn't know I smoke) so i am bringing this little toy to his house on Saturday before we watch the UFC. Should be an interesting weekend.

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
it doesnt look as iff ill be able to get a pd right off the bat as i had hoped, so ill be getting a vaporstar then ill get a pd with my christmas money

they will be a good combo anyway, ill have the vaporstar, a big-hitting, instant warmup vape, then ill have the pd, which is much more efficient and tastier
will be a good balance imo

i quite like the tasmanian blackwood myself, for me its between cherry and blackwood, so youll be hearing 200 more posts on the pros and cons of the two woods :lol: ;)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I like the Tom and Pam, and have made a freindship through the transaction. Very rare you can say that these days on any level in the retail world. I actually owe pammy a email, but I will be at 200 hours in the past three weeks. Not enough time in the day unfortunately, but if you are reading...I'll write you this weekend Pammy.

The people that buy the PD seem to be smart consumers that enjoy the mobility, conservation, and durability that the PD offers. Not to mention it comes with loads of goodies, looks beautiful (with the cherry it gets better looking over time), and is comfortable to the hand. All and all a sound purchace for a semi-portable vape. I only say semi-portable due to the need of electricity. I'd love to hit the PD on the top of a mountian at sunset. hmmmmm...need potable power. I know battery packs been discussed, but a man can dream. ;)

You made a good choice SM55, and lets face it if the inhale is as good as advertised...all us vaporjunkies will end up buying one any way. :lol:

AtoZ...The black wood is what I wanted, but I have mainly cherry for furniture. The cherry is Too bad you'll have to hold off on getting a PD, but it will make it all the sweeter when you do get her. Besides the vaporstar serves a purpose as well, and it can be functional in conjunction with the PD I'm sure. A little over a month before you can start useing MJ right? Can't wait to hear your reviews. Should be interesting.

Let us know how you like it SM55!

DD

DigitalDavinci,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
DD, you are absolutely right. When you buy a PD from Pam and Tom, you get two extra friends thrown in for free. Joking aside, they really are great people and it comes across on this forum and in the product that they make. I?m keeping my fingers crossed that an item shipped from Oregon can reach California in one day and that I will be surprised like a kid who gets his birthday gift one day early. ?

stonemonkey55,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Congrats SM55. I am about 97.887% positive you'll be LOVING this new vaporizer as an addition to your current collection. It is unique, and I think some one with as much vaporizing experience as yourself is going to pick up on that right away, so I'm REALLY keen to hear where this beauty is going to fit into your routine. You were saying right now you're hitting the SSV most frequently, I believe? I'll tell you where I'm at between these two vaporizers:

The SSV is basically never used earlier in the day. The PD is ready when I wake up, and although I don't normally "wake and bake", I've usually sucked back a tube or two by the time I'm ready to head off to work. This is great, because two PD bowls early in the day is a great way to get mellow and relaxed without getting really intoxicated. The PD is my go to vaporizer for those early in the day" or simply smaller volume, sessions; it is basically used for everything but my BIG daily session, which I normally have every night (not always, but certainly more often than not). This is where the SSV shines...and when using the PD would simply be impractical for me: I vaporize too much in those sessions, it would be bowl after bowl after bowl. This is particularly because I am vaporizing mostly mid-grade bud these days...when the highs come around (and they have a few times since picking up my PD), they hit the PD exclusively. It does a SUPERB job with high grade.

So yeah, that's me: PD first/for high quality -> SSV before "bed" (said as if I actually sleep...:lol:) or for the "large" sessions. I hope you'll let us know how the PD fits into your vaporizing schedule; you must rotate or something with your other vapes, since you have so many, but I think you'll find that the PD does a job that none of the others do, and it is a PERFECT companion to any of the "big hitters" you've got there...although it's a stellar vaporizer in its own right (as you'll soon find out, I'm sure :brow:), I think you're REALLY going to appreciate it as an addition to the collection you've already built.

Like I said, this thing is special and I think it will likewise quickly find a special place in your routine. I really hope you love it and can't wait to hear what you think! Congrats man, welcome to the PD fam!

Oh yes, and re: the whole I-Inhale thing: I have not looked into that vaporizer at all (but a portable vaporizer which is butane powered but not dependant on a lighter DOES sound quite awesome...if it works well and is safe, of course) but I really think you made a smart choice with the PD. I just don't think you see products like this too often, and it's still a really small scale operation...very "underground", as is said...so couple that with the fact that you're support two wicked nice people, then I just think it's hard to pass this one up. As max has pointed out if this product ever leaves Tom's control then it would surely go down in quality and up in price, so for a vaporizer enthusiast such as yourself, I think this is a piece WELL worth having. Can't really argue with the natural beauty of those diverse wood-grains, either ;)

partially veiled,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
PV, thanks for that post. I can already envision what it?s going to be like 30 minutes after I plug the PD in. I?m in NorCal so if you know anything about NorCal, it?s that we have high grade year long. Being a mmj patient, I found access to a provider that supplies the kindest outdoor, organic herb you can imagine. I don?t know about anyone else, but I can straight up taste the chemicals in hydro herb when I vape.

Before I get my PD, this is my current rotation. I almost exclusively use the SSV, mostly right after work and until I go to bed. I?ve put away my beloved VRIPtech set up just out of sheer laziness. There is a lot more packing and unpacking with VRIP even though til this day, a VRIP with crushed ice is still my favorite method of intaking our beloved medicine. My VRIP used to split time with the Evolutions about 70/30, but now that I have the SSV, it has overtaken the Evolutions as the whip model of choice. Now I use the SSV 70% of the time and 30% VRIP.

The good ole Herborizer doesn?t get as much use from me. It just gets a little hotter than I would like. I wish I had the dimmer switch because it is ok with me to take some thinner hits to avoid slightly smokey vapor. It?s probably the tastiest smokey vapor out there, but smokey nonetheless. I?ve been meaning to ping Sebastian for a new heating element, but honestly, the SSV has been keeping me satisfied.

One thing that I did notice is that the Evolutions unit holds it?s heat a little better than the SSV. If I hit the SSV too hard, I can cool off the heating element sufficiently where I wait for it to warm up before follow up hits. The Evolutions would maintain it?s heat much better, maybe it is due to the ?fuzzy logic?

You guys captured it perfectly though, I think with the current vaporizers I have, it is hard to efficiently vape a small amount. I hate vaping half a bowl now, and vaping the other half later. It could be a mental thing, but I just like to finish what I start. Sometimes I get higher than I want, but then the come down is just as strong. I?m very eager to practice this grazing methodology, a few stems here and there, versus just smoking a huge quantity to get blasted

Keep your fingers crossed, I hope it?s at my doorstep as we speak, but if not, should get it by tomorrow.

stonemonkey55,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
This week has been a grazeing week for myself, and I can say after a month of ownership...I'm starting to truely understand the economical effects of the Purple Days. The new method I've recently posted has allowed me to get 4 very thick hits off of one bowl. I use to get three, but they we're always lighter than the one before it. Now all is as thick as the first, and only the last hit has truely lost the good flavor. Two bowls does me nicely in the morning as well, and even when I get home (and I've been sipping on her all day) I find that 4 bowls is the most I need to get absolutely VAKED. As opposed to last weekend, when I was questioning vaporizing all together because I was hitting like 10 bowls. Turned out I need to improve my method (and cut my tolorance). I'm sure an experianced person like yourself will not have these noobie problems. Enjoy!

DD

Also, I got my PD in 3 days from Oregon to S. Florida, so here's to hoping for a package in the mail today!

VTAC!...Sorry man. Just read over the thread and didn't realise I mistook who gave me the info. I got a new adaptor at Radio Shack. Now I can't forget. One at work and one at home. Perfect. Thanks for the fast responce. I weas at work until 1:30 am, so the PD was needed badly. ;)

DigitalDavinci,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I just got my PD in the mail. I was expecting to be let down by the mailman but he delivered today! Love the packaging that it came in and the fact that it has been signed off by Tom. You can tell a lot of thought was put into the packaging from the little bags for the spent medicine to the plain, white box for when you need to carry everything in stealth mode. I'll be using that later on tonite when I bring it over to my mother in law's boyfriend's place. I guess it's going to be a long 30 minutes, I'll update a little later when I finally get to test this baby out.

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
stonemonkey55 said:
I just got my PD in the mail. I was expecting to be let down by the mailman but he delivered today! Love the packaging that it came in and the fact that it has been signed off by Tom. You can tell a lot of thought was put into the packaging from the little bags for the spent medicine to the plain, white box for when you need to carry everything in stealth mode. I'll be using that later on tonite when I bring it over to my mother in law's boyfriend's place. I guess it's going to be a long 30 minutes, I'll update a little later when I finally get to test this baby out.
Awesome. I love that personal touch. It's what makes me look forward to possibly purchasing a PD.

Let us know what you think after you give her a good spin! :D

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
So here are my first impressions...I was thrown off a little bit after loading the first stem (I used the straw method, it made the most sense for me since I keep all my medicine ground up). After using the SSV for the last couple of weeks, I wasn't expecting the airflow to be so restricted. With that said, I just took real slow paced hits and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of vapor that came out. I don't know if it's because of everything I read on this thread, but I have instantly fallen in love with this vaporizer. It can get a little warm because there is so little distance between the medicine and your throat, but I think this is why it packs such a punch for a tiny little bowl. More R&D with this unit to come.

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just another quick update after having a couple hours with the PD. First, the efficiency of this machine is incredible. I only need 2-3 stems to get me where I want to be. My wife thought it was a bit odd looking the way I was using it (holding it horizontally) but I think she will come around to the looks of it. The PD came just in time as I have to send the SSV back to 7th floor to get the heating element adjusted, it's not holding it's temperature as well as before. The PD has been surprisingly consistent, I get one super nice hit followed by an average hit and it's ready to dispense. I really like that it is only slightly browned. I like to err on the side of vaping at lower temperature so I am very happy with where the temperature is set. I can see why this machine has a cult like following, it's something that could be viewed as a piece of art, yet it is extremely functional. That makes a masterpiece!

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom