Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

Alex: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_wood
There are 2600 species of Palm. Which Palm species are you asking about?

Secondly about coconut wood : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmwood
"Coconut trees have no annual growth rings, rays, heartwood or branches"
ie. it's not like normal wood, that I am used to working with. Since I have no experience with this type of 'wood' I cannot give an answer to your question. I will not be looking for any to experiment with.

No, there is not a list of exotic species we will work from. What I was saying is that we have a source for exotics, that is a FSC member. ie. the exotics from them are not 'poached'. ie. the Black Mesquite I have and the Cebil and Rosewoods I have used from them are harvested in accordance with FSC standards.

Again, exotic hardwoods tend to be dense hardwoods and are not suitable for making Purple-Days Diffusers.

Buzz Butter is a finish, it is there to make the wood look good and repel dirt and water (to some extent). It is not required that you re-apply the finish, but it will help keep the wood nice. If you do not have Buzz-Butter just apply a coat of any food grade plant oil and wipe off.

Purple-Days,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Can someone please tell me where I can pick up a stem bubbler like this:
pdfilter.jpg

or this:
il_fullxfull.195718849.jpg

I'm not really privy to glass lingo so I'm having a hard time finding these. Plus they look like a specialty item that's made specifically for the PD.

I tried contacting CD about buying one, but he never responded :(. Plus it doesn't look like he's making them in this style anymore. Here's the newer design. I really like the older design as it seems less cumbersome than his latest design. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:
I also remember seeing the aquavape for whip-style vapes:
aquavape.jpg

Does anyone know if this type of inline water filter can be adapted for use with a PD (preferably without a silicone whip attached to the PD stem)? Thanks!

MajorDoobage,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Hi MajorDoobage,

How long ago did you try to contact Clear Dome? Sometimes it takes him a while. The second picture looks like it is indeed a specific design to go with the PD.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Aquavape. Never tried it. So, no help there. Sorry.

You could try the Chat portion of this forum to ask around or you could take a look at this Thread:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453
Maybe someone has something like this for sale. Not sure, didn't scan the whole thread.

On another note... Darned Yahoo Mail is doing it to me again. I can't get emails. So, if anyone's trying to contact me sorry, I'll get to you as soon as I can get into my email. :(

Have a fun Friday night :peace:

Pammy-Days,

rotax

Zaporist
wow, yes, need more info on those 1st two stems. i'd really like something like that for my zap.

please let us know if you learn more!

rotax,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Pammy-Days said:
Hi MajorDoobage,

How long ago did you try to contact Clear Dome? Sometimes it takes him a while. The second picture looks like it is indeed a specific design to go with the PD.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Aquavape. Never tried it. So, no help there. Sorry.

You could try the Chat portion of this forum to ask around or you could take a look at this Thread:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453
Maybe someone has something like this for sale. Not sure, didn't scan the whole thread.

On another note... Darned Yahoo Mail is doing it to me again. I can't get emails. So, if anyone's trying to contact me sorry, I'll get to you as soon as I can get into my email. :(

Have a fun Friday night :peace:

Thanks for the response Pammy! I contacted Alex on June 2nd through Facebook, and have yet to receive a response. He might prefer to contact clients through his personal email... I haven't tried contacting him that way. I heeded Tom's advice and wrote a short and sweet message detailing my question as I know English is not his first language. The second picture is indeed a Clear Dome-made piece for the PD. The first picture is from FC user JDee on page 316 of this thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=132398#p132398 I think it was a custom piece that he had made for the PD as well.

MajorDoobage,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Hey MajorDoobage,

You might try contacting him through his Etsy site: http://www.etsy.com/shop/revolverre

His Email is on the bottom left side of the page. Let us know your finds.

Last time I emailed him he said he's still making glass and selling it. Unfortunately I don't know where at, and he didn't say.

Hope everyone's having a good night :brow:

Pammy-Days,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Thanks Pammy. In order to contact Alex through Etsy, I have to be a member (which I'm not :/). I just shot him an email through FC. I'll keep everyone updated on what I find!

I read this from a post Alex wrote several months ago: "I dont always have the times to reply to every email (mostly for custom request) cause like I said in the past I dont have the time to make custom stem yet." http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2363&p=14 (post #346). Maybe he's not making that particular stem anymore and doesn't want too. Also, it seems like this stem he made was a prototype, and isn't for sale (at least it wasn't back in February). Other posters from the Revolverre thread on FC were finding it difficult to contact him as well...

If I don't hear from him soon, I'll contact a local glass blower and see if they can replicate this kind of stem. I think it would be a great addition to my future PD :D

MajorDoobage,

alexwallis

Hi Tom,
many thanks for the informative reply.
Unfortunately I didn't know there were that many species of palm, so I don't know which one I was referring to.
I don't recall mentioning coconuts, but a pd made out of coconut wood would be cool, but from the sound of things, it would be quite experimental, probably best to stick at tried and tested I guess.

alexwallis,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
doobage...I got one of those from Alex a while ago and it broke in shipping. Personally, I'd rather have that inline in the vid you linked. I got one of his first inlines long before the PD bubbler and it was phenomenal. For what it's worth, I have one of his dry hitting carb tubes for the PD and it is amazing!

stickstones,

cjwally

Long time lurker, but just couldn't help but share my new setup consisting of an Oregon Myrtle PD w/ my Sheldon Black bubbler. I am so happy and in awe of this awesome vaporizer. Coming from an easy vape digital I am speechless. Thanks Tom and Pammy !!!

Oregon Myrtle PD - Sheldon Black Bubbler

cjwally,

hereatlast

Very nice cjwally. I have nearly the exact same bubbler (different blasting and slightly different proportions) with a different downstem and it pairs very nicely with the PD. Keep enjoying :cool:

hereatlast,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
stickstones said:
doobage...I got one of those from Alex a while ago and it broke in shipping. Personally, I'd rather have that inline in the vid you linked. I got one of his first inlines long before the PD bubbler and it was phenomenal. For what it's worth, I have one of his dry hitting carb tubes for the PD and it is amazing!

Thanks stickstones for sharing your personal experiences! Out of curiosity, did you ever ask for another inline stem bubbler or did you just opt for a dry carb tube instead?

I've seen the dry carb tubes, and they look amazing, but I was really looking for something with water filtration. I'll wait a little while longer to hear back from Alex before I continue my journey through alternative PD stem land :).

MajorDoobage,

Purple-Days

1h2cs8.jpg

Rules

1) Open to all Purple-Days customers (purchased from PD Land or Vapenow.com only)
2) Picture, or drawing, must contain your PD, a likeness of your PD, or the words Purple-Days.com .
3) All pictures and drawings submitted here, become the property of Purple-Days Diffusers and will likely be displayed on our Customer Photo Page http://purple-days.com/CustomerPhotos.html
4) Enter your picture here, maximum one entry (pic or drawing), per day, no duplicates.
5) Picture size must not exceed 640 x 480 pixels, larger pics will not be considered. Larger pics slow page loading for everybody else.
6) All eligible entries (you may enter more than once, see #4) will go into a Grand Prize (random) drawing. A nice custom PD is the Grand Prize of course. Winning pic will be posted.
7) Other prizes will be awarded for: 'Judges Favorite', 'Best Outdoor Shot', 'Best in Glass', ' Best Humor' and 'Most Creative' . These 'categories' will be 'judged' by Pammy and me. One prize per person. Other un-announced prizes may be given.
8) Contest starts now and ends at Midnight Rockazona time on Labor Day, September 5, 2011
9) Purple-Days never discloses customer information to third parties or uses contest entry info (personal information) for any reason other than shipping, we do not have mailing lists (no e-mailing lists either).

Good luck to all. Looking forward to seeing your talents.

Purple-Days,

djonkoman

I wanted to try pd with waterfiltration, so I went macgyvering a little:
materials used are 3 testtubes, 4 straws, duct tape, elastic band(around the straw wich goes into the stem, to give an airtight seal) and clay(the colored kind wich never dries out, probably also nontoxic since this kind of clay is usually for kids)
and it works great, just took a few hits and already really high
pd1o.jpg

afb0405.jpg

n.b. this is no entry for the contest, I didn't buy it trough pd-land or vapenow, but I just wanted to show this construction
works great, really smooth
(when I hit it I keep this thing in one hand and the pd in the other, but for the pic I had to hold it between my knees since my other hand was occupied with making the pic)

djonkoman,

Purple-Days

djonkoman, I'll enter it (both pics, in this case)... :tup: , neat DIY / Mc Guiyver . Good luck. Very creative... :)

One pic per post, from now on... Show the PD... first post gets some slack... read the rules.

:D

Ewwww, this has 'Most Creative' all over it... Possible 'Best in Glass' too ... :cool:

VVV

ps. assigned 8 digit numbers to each photo by Ant-Re-name-r , a program that is useful for shuffling files.
All photos entered will be well shuffled. Lowest number wins.

Used to watch bats ;) in Ohio, around street lights, and in Carlsbad, New Mexico... a great little town.

Purple-Days,

djonkoman

watching bats high is great btw, after hitting this construction of mine I went outside to water the garden(I grow outdoor, also vegetables and herbs etc this year, only seedlings now tough since before every seedling that surfaced got eaten by slugs, but they're finally gone)
and I was just at the time the bats are active, I counted 5 hunting above me(around here the traditional landscape is farmland, mostly grass for cows, with ditches with trees along it as border between the land, some of those treelines are still there and the bats probably sleep in those trees during the day)

djonkoman,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Djonkoman, you're my hero! I love making DIY smoking equipment, unfortunately I lack the technical prowess to successfully accomplish most of my projects :lol:. Oh well, until I become more gifted at creating things, I'll leave it up to the pros. I did make a "water pipe" out of a vodka bottle from the Bong Spirit company. That was kind of cheating though. They did all the hard work, I just had to drill a hole in the glass and insert my downstem & grommet.

Here's a pic of the vodka bottle:
105818d1165896333-new-bong-vodka-holland-r_bong_vodka.jpg

MajorDoobage,

chimpybits

I'm owing a report on my purchase. I was pretty set on a PD until the last minute when I decided to go with a SSV for my first vape. I just felt that for my first vape it made sense to experiment and gain knowledge of temps suitable for my needs. I do suspect that one can get different temps going with a PD through cozies, drawing differently, etc. Counter to some opinions I also suspect a log vape would be better for hosting with a few vape noob friends (smokers) than a whip like the SSV as the former I suspect takes less skill. I'm hoping I can turn on my 2 friends to using my SSV or else I'll be whipping it while they toke. 7th Floor also got my $ as the local head shop had it in stock and I had company coming and couldn't bear to think of smoking after all the research I put in here.

I do think the PD is cooler and in every other way a better fit for me. I'd like to hone in on a temperature (or vaping pattern related to ABV colour), then buy a PD that hits that (through wood choice) saving my SSV for playing with temps (and perhaps hosting if friends get the hang).

Unfortunately, I also now want a MFLB as I think it is the coolest and coolest looking vape (and of course the portability is an easy sell). Oh shit, here I am thinking of buying more than 1 vape. (Though really the PD would be a down the road type of purchase).

I can see that I'm already becoming converted to the light side.

Thanks all for your help. In the unlikely event anyone wants to read bout my first vape experience I get into it on page 75 and 76 of the SSV thread.

chimpybits,

Nycdeisel

Actually its quite the opposite, the PD has taken me more skill to LEARN to use then the DBV. WHen I went from the DBV to the PD, I had a real rough transition, but I got through it and now I dont even use the DBV anymore!

SSV/DBV is not as efficient, but you can take much bigger hits much easier, since it doesnt take as much skill. However its got glass parts that can break, so just be careful with ANY vape, glass or not.

I have a MFLB that I also love so much, and its actually quite efficient. I use about 2 PD stems worth of herb in one trench load(maybe a tiny bit more), but it lasts 2-3 times longer then one PD stem.

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
In my opinion as a seeker of the Vapor Trail, chimpybits has done his homework.
This is not a case of "vape envy", nor has he fallen victim to VAD (vape acquisition disorder).
No... chimpybits has been thinking, and has made some vape decisions.. and succumbed to the vape lifestyle!
PD is a classy direction to look!

Vitolo,

hereatlast

Nycdeisel said:
Actually its quite the opposite, the PD has taken me more skill to LEARN to use then the DBV.

Probably should be noted that this is an opinion and not a rule of thumb. I know you presented it as such NYC but just wanted to make sure people didn't get confused.

Agree with Vitolo, sounds like you've oriented yourself well chimpybits.

Thanks to Tom and Pammy for the newest contest. Great community builders :cool:

hereatlast,
Top Bottom