Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

chimpybits

Vitolo said:
In my opinion as a seeker of the Vapor Trail, chimpybits has done his homework.
This is not a case of "vape envy", nor has he fallen victim to VAD (vape acquisition disorder).
No... chimpybits has been thinking, and has made some vape decisions.. and succumbed to the vape lifestyle!
PD is a classy direction to look!
Aw shucks thanks Vitolo. Thanks for being generous enough to pass on your knowledge to new seekers on these boards.

chimpybits,

Nycdeisel

For sure HAL, thanks, thats why I said thats what MY experience was, never said 'you' in that part.

Nycdeisel,

oldfart

oldbloomer

oldfart,

Purple-Days

I think your image didn't load, Oldfart.

I use http://tinypic.com/ as my photo host. (there are others)
You can re-size your shot in the process and it will give you an IMG code to copy and paste here.
That code links to your pic (at the host) and it appears on this forum, saving FC server space...

w0qct4.jpg

Purple-Days,

djonkoman

you can see the pic if you rightclick and open it, but it links to the album instead of the pic so that's why it isn't shown on here
open the pic, rightclick on the pic and open it in a seperate tab, now the only thing you'll see is the pic, and now you can just take the url
in your case that link is:
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z473/oldbloomer/P6120053.jpg

place that link between img tags and it should work

djonkoman,

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
djonkoman said:
you can see the pic if you rightclick and open it, but it links to the album instead of the pic so that's why it isn't shown on here
open the pic, rightclick on the pic and open it in a seperate tab, now the only thing you'll see is the pic, and now you can just take the url
in your case that link is:
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z473/oldbloomer/P6120053.jpg

place that link between img tags and it should work

That's Priceless! :lol:

tonuzzi,

alexwallis

Hey all,
I am sure this question must have been asked before.
But, do any of you find that if you take a stem out of the pd with material in, and you put it aside til later so it goes completely cold.
Do you find, that when you put it back in the PD, you can't get vapour from it, and it just tastes stale?

as I have found this several times, I have had to take a tube out for stealth, and when I came back to it it was just dead, and it definitely had vapour when I was interrupted.

alexwallis,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Not really but I kind of know what you mean. Have you tried leaving the tube in the unit for a minute or so before inhaling?

jeffp,

Vitolo

Vaporist
also do a minute tiny draw once.. let the load "soften'.. same as with a whip.. when it sits it gets "crisp".

Vitolo,

lwien

alexwallis said:
Hey all,
I am sure this question must have been asked before.
But, do any of you find that if you take a stem out of the pd with material in, and you put it aside til later so it goes completely cold.
Do you find, that when you put it back in the PD, you can't get vapour from it, and it just tastes stale?

as I have found this several times, I have had to take a tube out for stealth, and when I came back to it it was just dead, and it definitely had vapour when I was interrupted.

Most nights, I never finish a complete stem. I'll take 2 or 3 hits and then save it for the next night. Now yeah, vaping a stem that has been previously hit 3 times will definitely not produce as much vapor nor taste as good as the first two hits, but in my experience, this would happen if you just went thru the same stem in one session or break it up between two different nights, like I have.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

I think you might have to get used to taking better hits(improve upon your own technique or even try new ones), holding them,and maybe you should experiment alittle more with the grind and packing stages.

Or maybe you are expecting too many hits from one stem, you can usually get around 3-5 hits from a single stem load.

I can often leave a stem that I may have hit once or twice, and it will still hit fine later long after it has gotten 'cold'. the herb should be even a bit more dried out by that time you return to it so it should heat a bit easier.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The straw inhalation approach to loading a stem will give you the most desirable set of hits per load, and yes, figure about three respectable hits per load - anything else is a bonus.
I don't pack but rather I pat down a loaded stem lightly when I'm vaping straight. With the bong there's no need to do this at all.
Of course make sure your herb is dry and finely ground but not powdery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eQVqtiX6A4&feature=related

jeffp,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Hello FC, I bought a black walnut PD for one my best buddies birthday and It arrived about two weeks ago, I gave it to him early and we have been using it daily ever since. One thing (well two) that tops the simplicity, great feel, huge clouds, incredible efficiency, pristine beauty, and peace of mind is what lwien has mentioned before, Tom and Pammy. I could go on for days about their incredible customer service and professional yet comfortable feel you get from them. Any one who has bought a PD I am sure knows just what I mean. Thank you two again. After a fair time of use I can honestly say it has blown my expectations away, and that is after reading the reviews here. And after a few tumbles I can tell you it is very solid. Great design and craftsmanship. Well thats my little review, now for my one of probably many picture/art entry :D

Self made custom PD stem :cool:
PDcustom-1.jpg

Ripbongs420,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
This is a fun and smart contest idea. It's high time for me to get a digital camera - looking forward to playing around with the PD in different settings.
Nice homemade PD stem by the way!

jeffp,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
jeffp said:
This is a fun and smart contest idea. It's high time for me to get a digital camera - looking forward to playing around with the PD in different settings.
Nice homemade PD stem by the way!

Agreed it really is a great idea, really hoping to win me my own! :D Already got lucky this year though, won a four chambered bubbler in a LHS raffle :cool:

Thanks man!

Ripbongs420,

alexwallis

Hey, thanks for the replies regarding cold stems, next time it happens I will try some of the suggestions.

OK, now another question, but could someone tell me how the straw method is supposed to work for loading, as I have tried and tried but can't get it to work.

Basically what I normally do, is grind my herb up in my spacecase, usually a quart at a time, as that's what I get my herb as. Then I leave it in the storage compartment for safe keeping, as by the time I get it, my herb is really dry anyway.

So I have tried jabbing my stem into the compartment of herb, and then sucking up, similar to when I am drawing, but the tube doesn't seem to suck anything up, is it that the straw method won't work if the herb is in your grinder, or is it something else I am doing wrong.
I doubt the grind consistency is the problem, as I am able to load a tube by hand, and the ground material goes into the tube easily and I get good draws, but obviously if I can get the straw method to work, it would be easier for loading and less messy.
Many thanks for any advice.

alexwallis,

djonkoman

I grind it, then dump it out on a piece of paper(with a fold in the middle), and suck it up from there, then wipe away/pat the excess weed
I almost always put the stem away, I take a few hits(2-3 usually), then pull the stem out and lay it next to me and place the pd on the floor next to my chair
one stem usually guves me 2-3 rounds

djonkoman,

Nycdeisel

alexwallis said:
Hey, thanks for the replies regarding cold stems, next time it happens I will try some of the suggestions.

OK, now another question, but could someone tell me how the straw method is supposed to work for loading, as I have tried and tried but can't get it to work.

Basically what I normally do, is grind my herb up in my spacecase, usually a quart at a time, as that's what I get my herb as. Then I leave it in the storage compartment for safe keeping, as by the time I get it, my herb is really dry anyway.

So I have tried jabbing my stem into the compartment of herb, and then sucking up, similar to when I am drawing, but the tube doesn't seem to suck anything up, is it that the straw method won't work if the herb is in your grinder, or is it something else I am doing wrong.
I doubt the grind consistency is the problem, as I am able to load a tube by hand, and the ground material goes into the tube easily and I get good draws, but obviously if I can get the straw method to work, it would be easier for loading and less messy.

Are you using a 4 piece grinder? Im assuming so. Put the herb on some other surface(a clean condiment dish works well) before trying the straw method. Pull hard very quickly and dont jam it into teh pile of herb just suck it up gently and when there is only a small amount sticking out of the end(you might wipe a small bit of herb off the end if its sticking out more) use your finger tip to push down and twist to pack it, it should pack it just enough for it to be secure. Tap it on your palm and suck through it to check the airflow before you take a hit. Try leaving the stem on for several seconds before starting your hit.

Nycdeisel,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
alexwallis said:

We used the straw method from day one, right out of my 4 piece grinder, got the hang of it right then. I really am not sure why it isn't working for you. It works great for me. Maybe you are jamming it in before you suck, because what I do is kind of hover the stem tip right over the bits and then suck, and they just fly right up in. I tap it down a little bit and your good to go. I hope that helps.

Ripbongs420,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
oldfart said:
FLAG DAY PD

Okay I'll play along :D

PDirish-2.jpg

Irish Pride!

I have never used the coozy, It runs perfect just how it is, but it sure is a cool one! :p Don't drink, so its just around for laughs (I know, an irish person who doesn't drink :o :lol: ).

Ripbongs420,

Purple-Days

Pictures being entered and randomized as we go along.

Flag pics welcomed, but let's keep it civil. OK? Good? Multiple categories. The first 'flag' gets creds, second needs to be better . . . not saying it ain't, but we like originality.

Go... whichever, side you choose ! Is it Orange and Green ? OOps didn't mean it personal, never mind...

Today's pic:
r0uj6f.jpg

Making Buzz-Butter :buzz: the original way, Organic plant oils, Chemical Free Bee's Wax from Tahuya River Apiaries, http://www.hiveharvest.com/ . We have never messed around with purity.

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom