Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

hereatlast

Purple-Days said:
I dig wood, have for a long time, since about 7 years old, by 12, I was hooked and saw it as a lifetime hobby. Didn't realize I would be a real carpenter some day...

That's a beautiful thing right there.

lagniappe: great word-choice :lol:

Thanks for the contest. Enjoy that sporadic 'prize time' when possible :cool:

hereatlast,

Purple-Days

We lived in Biloxi (for a while, till shortly before Katrina, dumb luck to move when we did), beads and real crawfish pie and lagniappe (lan-yap), are nothing new to me and Pammy. For those that don't know about lagniappe, it's a little something extra that you don't pay for. A thank you.

+++

I have another lifelong hobby, since about 9. Music... Always enjoyed it (except those years I took lessons on piano and practicing in a damp, cold basement... perfect for keeping a piano in tune ;) ).

So yesterday was special when a (pair of) custom made, hand wired, set of effects pedals arrived from a buddy in Hawaii... :o :cool: Mahalo Nu'i Loa . . . I hope.

They are so neat, and clean and Wow! :party: Mystery effects... (well I know what they are, but) very mysterious with no brand name, just colored, powder coated metal cases... (9V power, hand wired, great stuff, etc...)

So far the Purple-Days Effect is the fave... :luv: (yes it has a decal that says Purple-Days Effect, it's official) , in a purple single stomp box. Two effects really, with a toggle (between effects) and three knobs, and a purple freaking LED . . . Sweet !

4t83s7.jpg

The other, ?The Green Effect? (to the right) is also two effects, but this is in series, with two stomp switches, two LEDs (blue and green) a toggle (bright/normal) and four knobs... don;t ask, I haven't figured it all out yet, but I'm really enjoying the tone and range. Haven't played much at all lately, sometimes music can help your mind, it's worth taking a few minutes.

Purple-Days,

elhoel

havent been here in a while

whats going on lately in the world of PD?

just out of curiosity, can you hook the PD up to a bubbler somehow? even a small/medium sized one?

elhoel,

Nycdeisel

absolutely. the standard stock stems fir DIRECTLY into a 14mm female joint.

here it is on my SSFG straight tube

CLICK to watch^^

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

I have actually posted that quite a few times in this thread and a couple of others, but its just such a great example of what one can do with a PD and the right bong, I cant help it :p

note: all[and only] real sunlight used in that video. not everyone can get hits like that, it requires a certain setup and technique.

Nycdeisel,

ThCombustion

Nycdeisel said:

I have actually posted that quite a few times in this thread and a couple of others, but its just such a great example of what one can do with a PD and the right bong, I cant help it :p

note: all[and only] real sunlight used in that video. not everyone can get hits like that, it requires a certain setup and technique.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on the setup and technique? I would like to use the PD in this way, so any help in getting good results would be appreciated.

ThCombustion,

Cleanfiend

When I use my PD through a water pipe, I pay extra attention in packing my stem, with the goal of sufficient airflow. To do this, I recommend a medium grind and use the straw technique to load the stem.

I have seen other users suggest only packing the stem half-way when using a water pipe, but I am not sure this is necessary. I have noticed no difference in performance from a packed full stem vs. a half stem.

I slowly begin drawing on the tube, and once I start to see vapor, I slowly angle and rotate the PD on the stem, as if I were trying to direct the airflow to all corners of the stem.

I have not yet concluded whether one giant rip, or many smaller rips, is most efficient/favorable with a water pipe. Hopefully others may chime in with their experiences.

Cleanfiend,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
So where can I pick up some of the muslin bags again? It would be nice to have one on duty and another getting cleaned. :2c:

Nebera,

Nycdeisel

Cleanfiend said:
I slowly begin drawing on the tube, and once I start to see vapor, I slowly angle and rotate the PD on the stem, as if I were trying to direct the airflow to all corners of the stem.

I do this too! not sure if its visible in my video though. in addition to that, I vary the speed of my draw multiple times during the hit. I start off very slow and steady, once I see a bit of vapor I pull faster for a second, then slow again, etc... I find I get the best vapor bong hits that way. that was the first hit of the stem btw. I prefer to normally pack a stem, and just make sure its not too tight, maybe a slight bit looser then normal.

thats an ssfg 11" straight tube, was less then 100 bucks and is a great quality piece of glass :)

Nycdeisel,

Purple-Days

1gn9k7.jpg

I'll admit, I've had some fun in Indiana. Hinkle's Hamburgers . . . Mmmmm. One location, and the same griddle since ... what 1930? Oh, yeah!
Broke down on a Saturday evening in a small Indiana town was not so much fun. But the folks are great.

Better get your cards off tomorrow. :2c: Good luck all.

A pic from my little cactus garden.
1zoixwg.jpg

Purple-Days,

Milk

Mike
Tom is that cactus garden outdoors? I would assume so since that bloom is so vivid... I should send you a cutting of my Trichocereus pachanoi it's so damn big I had trouble getting it outside after bringing it in for the winter. Grew 4 offshoots and 18 or so inches last season - no blooms yet though and she's nearly 4 feet high ;)

Milk,

Purple-Days

Yes, they are outside on an East wall (morning sun), with some tall rocks giving them some South shade too. I like how cactii get such large blooms in comparison to their plant size... Trichos... Funny I was a 6 footer at Home Depot yesterday ($99). I had one in the '80s, beautiful blooms the size of dinner plates.

Purple-Days,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
Been away at a trade show all week so just got back and caught up on this thread and the rest of the PD family. Cheers for the updated info on the 420 contest, Tom, and Brother Brigham. I'm all excited now, looking forward to seeing the grand prize.

nuvap,

ThCombustion

audaudre said:
ThCombustion said:
5 weeks and 4 days down...

I'm jealous. Just got week 1 under my belt.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get it in the 6th week. I have wore myself out reading this thread and other Purple-days related threads. Now I have nothing but my VG to tide me over until it arrives. Though, I am becoming adept at using after having it awhile. I had never tried vaporizing herb but I really enjoy the difference in the buzz. It has made me want the PD even more. :peace:

ThCombustion,

audaudre

ThCombustion said:
audaudre said:
ThCombustion said:
5 weeks and 4 days down...

I'm jealous. Just got week 1 under my belt.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get it in the 6th week. I have wore myself out reading this thread and other Purple-days related threads. Now I have nothing but my VG to tide me over until it arrives. Though, I am becoming adept at using after having it awhile. I had never tried vaporizing herb but I really enjoy the difference in the buzz. It has made me want the PD even more. :peace:

Ha, great minds-
I too have only my VG to tide me over. Still relatively new to vaping, but like you said, I'm loving the difference. And the PD just seems ideal for what I'm looking for right now in a vape.

I was actually lurking around here a bit in February and decided to impulsively buy the PD. But, when I was on the check out page, I decided not to buy it after all--wanted to really do my homework/research yada yada.

So on one hand, I'm cursing myself for not purchasing it then, 'cause I'd have it by now.
But on the other hand I'm glad I waited and did the research thing.

I'm on page 55 of the thread--slowly but surely making my way through. Learning tons (thanks everyone!)

audaudre,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
vapor bonging is healing :peace: just take it easy trying to get those bigger hits, I know how tough it can be, especially if you are congested.

Just as a point of interest SSFG is no longer on Etsy - possibly they were asked to leave because of the extracurricular nature of their wares?
They do or will soon have their own site running so nothing is lost at least from the consumer's end.
Once you get the hang of bong vaping with the PD it's actually quite impressive. Would I be correct in stating that it requires a little bit more inhalation force than using a box vape?
The key to it I think is the looseness of the load - the straw technique, sucking it in with the stem just slightly above the finely ground stash.
Wipe away the tip overload without pressing into the load.

Ironically I find the PD works better in a group setting for bong vaping than a box vape - easier to pass around in a circle, no need to turn the unit around and move the hose carefully so it doesn't tilt over the bong.

Also someone last night stupidly laughed while she was inhaling on the bong connected to a VaporBros - a little water traveled up the hose causing the heater to sizzle. It's very slight
but I shut off the unit and unplugged it. HOPEFULLY the unit is not trashed. I think that the PD is a safer bet against this eventuality.

jeffp,

MG23

Relaxin'
jeffp said:
Just as a point of interest SSFG is no longer on Etsy - possibly they were asked to leave because of the extracurricular nature of their wares?
They do or will soon have their own site running so nothing is lost at least from the consumer's end.
Soul Shine Family Glass

I just got a travel beaker from them recently.

MG23,
Top Bottom