Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Right and there's mini PD stems at the PD site that are better ergonomically for use with bongs.
Soul Shine Family Glass is the company that makes the bong that I have; the one that NYCDeisel recommended a few pages back.
Very high quality and inexpensive. Once you get into this I think you'll find that this is the way to go as a constant.

jeffp,

marvin42

ThCombustion said:
marvin42 said:
I just got my Cherry PD in today, and my first impressions are very good. I will be using it shortly and will report back. To start off though I tried to fill the stem using the straw method and ended up getting a mouth full of kief. Has anyone else had this issue?

Hey man, congrats. When did you order yours if you don't mind?

I ordered on 2-21 but there was an issue that delayed it a bit. Totally worth the wait though. It's a beautiful piece that I will hopefully have time to fully showcase in the next few days.

marvin42,

weedemon

enthusiast
I just read tom's post about orders from 6 weeks about finishing up and shipping on monday... (today) this is me i think!!!

can't wait!

weedemon,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
My order was March 11th.....One more week hopefully. Getting very excited! :D

Can't wait to try it out Tom. :peace:

Madcap79,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I remember waiting for my first PD eons ago. Was like waiting for Santa Claus, and I was not disappointed! Now I own a few lol. Good luck to those waiting, I think you'll find it was well worth the wait!!

Lo,

alexwallis

Hey all,
I felt like posting this message last night, but was so high I couldn't summon the energy.
I guess a bit of a question, but do people listen to music when they are high, and if so what was the first track you listened to while using a pd?
Mine was some mongolian throat singing from the Altai republic, which relies more on the vocals than the background music its not like western music at all.

I also felt I should post as I have been using my pd for several months now. It took me a few minutes to master the draw technique, and filling tubes. The first tube I ever filled spilled down inside the PD, but I was able to empty it out easily.
After that I never looked back, and on average do about three tubes in a session once or twice a week, the PD is an outstanding piece of engineering.
I have just suggested to a friend of mine that she should get one as she suffers with M E, and can't smoke.
Of course the other cool thing is how far the PD makes your herb stretch.

alexwallis,

weedemon

enthusiast
I can't think of any firsst songs while on weed, but i do know that aphex twin's song "come to daddy" was the first song i listened to on shrooms. I went out and bought the cd the next day haha. woah trippy :p

weedemon,

ThCombustion

marvin42 said:
ThCombustion said:
marvin42 said:
I just got my Cherry PD in today, and my first impressions are very good. I will be using it shortly and will report back. To start off though I tried to fill the stem using the straw method and ended up getting a mouth full of kief. Has anyone else had this issue?

Hey man, congrats. When did you order yours if you don't mind?

I ordered on 2-21 but there was an issue that delayed it a bit. Totally worth the wait though. It's a beautiful piece that I will hopefully have time to fully showcase in the next few days.

This would be great. PD pics are always nice to look at. Post 'em up when you can!

ThCombustion,

Purple-Days

Oops, a couple from before the 6th (and two from the 6th) weren't completed and will ship late this week, mis-communication between shop and office caused a skip in the order, my fault. This has caused a re-think of the shop process. Most folks know we use a Birch plywood disk (under the leather) this makes a handy tool. Pammy writes new orders on the disks for me with all the info (name, species, leather) including the date, so I can keep them in order. We went over all orders a retro fitted the disk system to help me out in the shop and show where my planning had failed. Paper lists weren't working well for me, this should help.

Post cards arrived today, but I'll show them tomorrow, the light has faded...

Maybe even a picture of a second prize.

Purple-Days,

alexwallis

Hey all,
I was just wondering, when it comes to putting herb in your pd, do you think sativa or indica type works best in the pd?
as I understand it, sativa has more thc, so you get baked but stay more alert.
But Indica has more cbd than thc, and although cbd doesn't get you baked I understand if yu get a kind of sleepy lazy high its the cbd content that does it.
I am not an expert, and am just going by what I have read in other places.

Actually, does anyone know if cbd gets vaporized in the pd? As I am trying to decide if I should stick to sativa types of herb,, or try getting some indica, but I don't want to do that if cbd doesn't get vaped and all I get for my money is less thc.

alexwallis,

Cleanfiend

alexwallis - this is a PD thread. You should direct questions about music and indica vs sativa in the ask FC threads -- and also search before asking, as your questions have been covered many times before.

Cleanfiend,

Purple-Days

Yesterdays post cards.

14wygco.jpg

This person had trouble finding a post card, so I said draw a stick man and make your own card. I like it.

2zjjcyq.jpg

This one goes above the shop bench with another classic movie poster card.

2mfly12.jpg

A card from Texas? Heat relief.

2cy16ae.jpg

Been there. Neat building.

2wf7kme.jpg

Been there too. Big sky. Stark beauty.

And here is the Second Prize in our PD Family 4-20 Contest...

r271x2.jpg

A PD Mark'r tube (with Cool Cap) and a PD Figured Maple Tube Holder.

Purple-Days,

ThCombustion

Purple-Days said: And here is the Second Prize in our PD Family 4-20 Contest...

A PD Mark'r tube (with Cool Cap) and a PD Figured Maple Tube Holder.

Nice work, Tom. What a great piece that would be to own.

ThCombustion,

hereatlast

What about the cacti?! :p

Beautiful piece of wood there, I use shot glasses (not the kitschey type, IMO anyways) to hold my stems but it doesn't get much classier than that! Thanks for the contest, its cool to know that you've got some of those postcards up in the shop.

hereatlast,

weedemon

enthusiast
wow, that is a really nice piece of wood! are those rings natural or did you do something during the process to make it looks like that? great job!

weedemon,

Milk

Mike
Looks like quilted/spalted maple. It's natural, but the turning and the luster from using the buzz butter really make the wood shine. The grain pattern on that piece is really nice.

Milk,

panasonic

This anticipation is killing me. It's fun to see the post cards...we tried pretty hard to find some not so lame ones, but no dice :/ if I still had a camera...

panasonic,

Purple-Days

Thanks for the comments on the wood turning., folks. I enjoy it, when I get the chance. I've mentioned before, that I like wood and have for a long while. So... I hope Milk doesn't mind, if I point out the difference between a few (Maple) woods.

Quilted is sorta different than Fiddleback, and rather than be contradicted (as I seem to be doing to you, friend Milk ;) ) I just say Figured Maple :cool: ...

Quilted ...
ma9u7c.jpg

Fiddleback ...
2e0i7v9.jpg

Quilted: is that trippy blistered look. Fiddleback is that trippy tiger stripe look. Both trippy but different. Both special and not everyday woods.

+++

Was in Walgreens today for meds and saw a nice T-Shirt, Adult Large, with our new Home Town name on it, so that T-Shirt and a Purple-Days - Vapor Zone T-Shirt of the winners size choice M-L-XL will be third prize. Good luck to all, best guess wins, consolation prizes to all, second and third prize drawn at random from a bag, video to be linked... PD Land is level. :cool:

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom