Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Nycdeisel

I would cut that friend off for a bit till they learn but that is just me. I get super serious when someone is hitting it especially with the bong and a vape. when it happens with a whip I have to completely replace the tubing in fear of mold and such.

When I pack a stem specifically for the bong, I dont make sure that none comes out when its upside down like I would with a normal stem. I pack it only slightly looser.

Im not sure about the force the PD vapor bong requires as compared to a 'box style' vape. I can only say that it is completely different suction wise, as well as airflow wise. took me a while to learn how to get those good pd bong hits

That site is already up, ssfgglass.com

Nycdeisel,

marvin42

I just got my Cherry PD in today, and my first impressions are very good. I will be using it shortly and will report back. To start off though I tried to fill the stem using the straw method and ended up getting a mouth full of kief. Has anyone else had this issue?

marvin42,

Nycdeisel

yes! I started doing the straw method through a t shirt or similar! so that I can see what would otherwise go into my throat and probably irritate it.

Nycdeisel,

lwien

marvin42 said:
I just got my Cherry PD in today, and my first impressions are very good. I will be using it shortly and will report back. To start off though I tried to fill the stem using the straw method and ended up getting a mouth full of kief. Has anyone else had this issue?

Nope. Kief tends to stick to my bud.

lwien,

marvin42

Nycdeisel said:
yes! I started doing the straw method through a t shirt or similar! so that I can see what would otherwise go into my throat and probably irritate it.

Good tip. Thanks!

lwien said:
Nope. Kief tends to stick to my bud.

I have an electric grinder which tends to give me a bit of powder and kief. I guess I will have to invest in a Mixnball for a better grind.

marvin42,

ThCombustion

marvin42 said:

Hey man, congrats. When did you order yours if you don't mind?

ThCombustion,

Purple-Days

Orders through March 6 should leave here Monday. Hovering at about 6 weeks, as predicted on the site and in Pammy's confirmation e-mails.

dbiatl.jpg

I liked this one. :tup:

I had an electric grinder long ago and was never satisfied with the results. A two piece Mix-N-Ball or a two piece Space Case either one work well. (I don't like sifter grinders, trying to do two things at once, rarely does either objective well. IMO)

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Didn't think you meant anything, just letting folks know where we are at. One mfg. was saying (on his website) that we were 3 months out, as of this week, (and using a PD video, by Spiral Architect, on his website to promote his product. :rolleyes: ) Some folks, would like to use our wait list against us, in any way they can. Oh well... We try to make as accurate a prediction as possible. Health and life in general sometimes get in the way, but I was working till 7 PM tonight and plan to be at it again in the morning and till about the same time tomorrow night. Same Monday etc.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
I would cut that friend off for a bit till they learn but that is just me. I get super serious when someone is hitting it especially with the bong and a vape. when it happens with a whip I have to completely replace the tubing in fear of mold and such.

I've already cut her off in the past and she knows she's on probation. I know exactly what you mean about being super serious about my vapes and accessories. I put so much care and attention into all of this and a friend comes over and innocently fucks it up. Then she felt guilty - "did I break your vaporizer? did I? tell me." "no you didn't, it's ok - but let's just.. i'll just roll a joint." Sometimes I dab some rubbing alcohol around the mouthpiece when it's my turn but I often forget. I hate to say "in my day" but in my day passing around a pipe or a joint was just the way it was and was supposed to be. Regardless I have a good immune system and I doubt passing around a vape has caused me any problems. This woman, by the way, is crazy. She lives upstairs from me and she's actually a great person but she's also what I would call a fabulous disaster. Many stories...

When I pack a stem specifically for the bong, I dont make sure that none comes out when its upside down like I would with a normal stem. I pack it only slightly looser.

** right exactly - i find the straw inhalation method just about perfect and even better if you don't stab the tube into the stash but hover and almost glide over it while loading.

Im not sure about the force the PD vapor bong requires as compared to a 'box style' vape. I can only say that it is completely different suction wise, as well as airflow wise. took me a while to learn how to get those good pd bong hits

** I think I'm there. Suction may be a more accurate word than force but it has nothing at all to do with speed. I think we may be describing the same thing - the PD/bong thing is tighter than a box vape inhalation wise.

That site is already up, ssfgglass.com

I'm still pissed off about my VB. I've been dreading turning it on to see if it's as was. On balance though, she did, before (hopefully not) fucking up my VB, gave me well over 1/2 cup's worth of ABV for brownies, just lightly brown that I dumped into my ABV bottle. It's insane what I have now, that on top of what I've been collecting on my own.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

Im personally a worry wart, I would leave it a bit longer. I also wasnt there, dont know how much water went in there.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
Im personally a worry wart, I would leave it a bit longer. I also wasnt there, dont know how much water went in there.

Very little - the weed was just damp. I'll leave it unplugged until tomorrow night. I don't think water got into the internals, the sizzling that I heard was before an inhalation so no liquid was sucked into the circuitry - I think. I imagine that if water was going to get in there it would travel through the hole in the center top of the heater. I'll be more than fine with the PD....
I think that an accident like this is less likely to happen with the PD than a box vape. Do you agree?

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

Not so much. I think all that tubing leading up to the heating element gave you a safety net of sorts, but I guess its all opinion. I have had my travel tube tip over and spill water through the hose once or twice, but thanks to the length of tubing I have it didnt even get to the wand. so maybe I also have that opinion from my experiences.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
Not so much. I think all that tubing leading up to the heating element gave you a safety net of sorts, but I guess its all opinion. I have had my travel tube tip over and spill water through the hose once or twice, but thanks to the length of tubing I have it didnt even get to the wand. so maybe I also have that opinion from my experiences.

The way I see it, the tubing is in a downward slope from the bong stem down to the vaporizer so I'm not sure. Regardless I'll try to dedicate the lucid part of my mind to vigilance in the future...

jeffp,

Milk

Mike
I would bet the VB will be fine jeffp, if you are worried and don't need to use it right now just leave it unplugged in a dry area or with a hair dryer pointed at it for a while. Outdoors if the humidity is low and the sun is out and just plug it in and test it in a couple days. If it just sizzled and didn't pop a fuse, mess up your display, or anything besides make the noise you should be golden.

Milk,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hope so Milk. It's a beautiful crisp spring day in NYC today but backyards aren't really viable here for drying out a vaporizer. But I do have a windowsill, in fact I have several,
and I took your advice and rested the VB on its side so both the heater side and the underside are exposed to breezy sunlit air.
All of this has its upside and brings this dilemma back on thread because it got me into using the PD with the bong exclusively and I'm really enjoying it.
Four of us were passing it around with the bong last night and all of us had an easy time of it in terms of producing significant vapor consistently.
It's also easier to pass around with the bong than moving the VB into position with the hose connected to the bong - it's easier and less prone to any number of mishaps.
That's sort of interesting when you think about it in the sense that the accepted group think is that the PD is more of a personal vaporizer and the box vapes are more social.
I'm not sure that this is true at all.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
Well it did happen on my DBV, not my VB, so yea, maybe thats it.

Suction, right. I get what you're saying now. This might sound weird but I found that putting your lips more into the bong rather than around the bong gives you that added suction for bong vaping with the PD.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

AROUND the bong? what are YOU sucking on :cool:

I notice that too, it makes it so there not the difference in size from the neck to the mouthpiece.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
AROUND the bong? what are YOU sucking on :cool:

I notice that too, it makes it so there not the difference in size from the neck to the mouthpiece.

I didn't describe it clearly - not AROUND the rim, that would impossible unless I had an exxxtremely huge mouth and had a clown costume on.
I mean to say there's a tighter suction if you bury your lips deeper into the bong than superficially.

129034220688073662.jpg

jeffp,

elhoel

what's the typical set up for a bubbler? hooking one up to a pd I mean

is there a store online that sells an adaptor of some kind?

elhoel,
Top Bottom