Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

TerrorTurkey

Puget said:
Besides that, the SSV logo looks exactly like ASS when viewed from the other direction.

haha true that! i have an ssv grinder and the first time someone saw it he said "why does it say ass", i was lmao. i had never noticed it before that, and i had an ssv for almost 2 years.

TerrorTurkey,

BuddahMonk

Can someone post me a picture or a link to a picture of a fully loaded stem dumped out into a MFLB trench? Im trying to get a good idea of what the size of the load is compared to how much I would normally load in the MFLB.

BuddahMonk,

weedemon

enthusiast
damn dude great quality pics! thank you for sharing. that the exact same model i will be betting too!

the bison leather looks really nice also! I really like to see how the edges have been roughed down to looks more smooth and fluid. thanks for posting an "up skirt" shot haha :D

now just get that baby buzz buttered up and you are gonna be all set! if you do buzz butter it can we see some more pics please?

weedemon,

Purple-Days

Lwien is joking we will be sticking with our standard business cards. Is that Saffron?

Thanks for the logo comment, Puget, I'll let the brand manager know. :cool: Uhh, I guess that's me. Thanks.

Pammy and I were dreaming that day, she came up with the Purple-Days name, I was thinking of what a 'purple day' would be like and thought you needed a purple Sun to have a purple day.

So I opened Photo Filter and mouse sketched a rough idea, purple on white, the PD logo, for graphic design reasons (laser work) it is now a black on white.

e7ymg0.jpg

It has remained unchanged since day one. It felt right.

Here is a little behind the scenes of some of the other PD beginnings.
Biz card selection.
Here were some ideas we rejected.
xkw3t4.jpg

2i1ectk.jpg

2eqdjsl.jpg

30mxqb5.jpg

rcqwq8.jpg

bdp5xz.jpg

2r5asmw.jpg

We started with this one.
2gspcpl.jpg

But I prefer to use my own art rather than stock photos or public domain materials by others.
So this
2a9wvpj.jpg

is the modern Purple-Days biz card, photo by me. Cape Blanco Light, about 5 miles from the birthplace of the PD.

+++

All Sapele units ( and a bunch of others) will be going out today and tomorrow. Did them (Sapele) as a batch along with the other species.
Here is how I think. :mental: When I box units for shipment I have a big batch of units and a big batch of matching boxes with all the other stuff pre loaded, by Pammy. Each box has a code on the side to tell me the wood species and leather style. I grab the next box and grab a unit that matches the code. Buyer names are unimportant to me (and I probably wouldn't recognize them if I looked). ie. random unit (grain pattern) selection. I try to treat everyone equally. I don't care if you are an FC member, or the King of France they (orders) are all the same to me and receive (and deserve) equal treatment. :2c:

BTW this batch of Sapele all came from the same stick of wood. I had 17 bodies. One went to Pammy and another to a buddy, both of those got the rear mounted purple LED, leaving 15 bodies. One went out early as an order (species) change leaving 11 orders and 14 bodies. I had Pammy come in and pick out the best looking 11 units, those are the ones that have been assembled and will be boxed randomly to fill orders.

This is also how I fill other species orders... Next is next. :cool:

Purple-Days,

mlo4sho

Awesome stuff, Tom. I personally love the PD logo. I think it looks so clean and of course, artistic. I feel it really "completes" the unit. You see other products with over-sized, tacky logos and it can just turn off a prospective customer. As with the logo, your business card also strikes me as "original" and is very much appreciated by me rather than an artsy, complicated piece of work one might make in Photoshop. None of the other cards seem like you, in my opinion. The art as a whole really compliments your design and, to me, it just gives the unit a "homely" sort of unique look rather than a mass-produced, highly-marketed piece of equipment. I wouldn't change a thing about this unit. I feel special to own one, I really do. You really do great work. And the Sapele, oh boy, don't get me started on those. Different topic for a different day. Cheers to all in PD land :peace:

mlo4sho,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
Lwien is joking we will be sticking with our standard business cards. Is that Saffron?

Busted. :brow:

And yeah, I think so. It's either that or an alien reproductive receptacle. :cool:

lwien,

Purple-Days

Thanks for the kind words, Mlo4sho. I think "homely" isn't always a bad thing. Our AZ accountant sorta grinned at us the other day, when he asked about business plans and about future expansion. I don't think he runs into many folks who are happy with where they are and what they are doing. He and his wife have the same outlook. The city planner looked at us the same sort of way... You gotta be who you are. :cool:

+++

Just had to (actually) laugh at Roy Underhill, he said,"Of course, I'm old enough to remember when 'Spalted' meant rotten...." Oh, that cracked me up. :lol: :2c:

Purple-Days,

A Day In The Life

BuddahMonk said:
Can someone post me a picture or a link to a picture of a fully loaded stem dumped out into a MFLB trench? Im trying to get a good idea of what the size of the load is compared to how much I would normally load in the MFLB.

a third fullish I think.

20110406003.jpg

20110406006.jpg

Oh and new oil for the diffuser cup :D
20110406011.jpg

I think I read somewhere that you can use incense shavings in the cup as well? 'cause there are some scents that I can't find in oil or that I like more in the incense stick or cone version.

A Day In The Life,

Brood

I have been living with my PD for about 2-3 weeks now. It sees nightly use maybe 5-6 times a week.

My question is about the rattle. I get a rattle daily. Each time i hear the rattle I grab the topper, then grab my long, plastic rod-like device I have an give it a few sturdy whacks to reseat the heat exchanger. The rattle goes away, and I continue my PD use. Next day I almost always have to repeat the process.

From what I know about wood, it responds badly to constant wear. I'm afraid that this might become a problem that will worsen over time. I thought the reseating/whack method would be a 'once-in-a-while' sorta deal. I don't drop the PD daily, but I do reseat it daily.

Does this sound normal? Am I doing something wrong? I'm a bit concerned. I want my device to be cared for in the best possible way.

_B_

Brood,

BuddahMonk

A Day In The Life said:
BuddahMonk said:

a third fullish I think.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5551/20110406003.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9218/20110406006.jpg

Oh and new oil for the diffuser cup :D
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5230/20110406011.jpg

I think I read somewhere that you can use incense shavings in the cup as well? 'cause there are some scents that I can't find in oil or that I like more in the incense stick or cone version.

@ A Day In The Life
Thanks man. The visuals help alot compared to all the fractional numbers going around. Looks about half of what I would normally load in the Magic Box. Good deal.

BuddahMonk,

Purple-Days

2eph8ie.jpg

2rfpvh0.jpg

33enat5.jpg

It really does !

2s76k3p.jpg

Been to several of those locations, a beautiful state when you get off the highway.

apaa86.jpg

I'm pretty sure I know exactly where this is, but the card doesn't give a clue.

pc9x4.jpg

Thanks for the cards and the nice notes, folks. Still plenty of time to enter. Several prizes, so don't think you don't have a chance, unless you don't enter.

Purple-Days,
Well I received confirmation that my Sapelee was shipped today:brow:
I liked looking at the Sapele photos that were recently submitted,then looking at which of the un-buttered units it was (right next to Pammys). I'm really excited to see which one chose me!
There appeared to be a real difference in the sapelee color between Pammy's and the other (which was much darker than the photo's that Tom posted)..it will be interesting to see it firsthand.

GreenMoroni,

marvin42

Hey, I was thinking about breaking my PD in with 3-4 people when it comes in, and I was wondering how long I would have to wait in between each series of hits in order to maintain the temp. Any ideas?

marvin42,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
marvin42 said:
Hey, I was thinking about breaking my PD in with 3-4 people when it comes in, and I was wondering how long I would have to wait in between each series of hits in order to maintain the temp. Any ideas?

Welcome Marvin - it's going to be slow going with four or five people passing around the PD and reloading it assuming each guest gets one hit from a stem. Probably a good idea to load all three stems at the same time and it's good practice to wait a few seconds or so between hits. As good as the PD is, it's not really a party vape but I've done it and everyone seemed to enjoy just the same. My best group vaping experiences are usually when there's a few vaporizers plugged in throughout the apartment. A Silver Surfer on the floor next to the bean bag chair, a PD on the coffee table, a Vapor Bros on the other end of the table. That's what living's all about and I'll miss that pine wobbly coffee table when it finally collapses although it continues to hold up.

jeffp,

mlo4sho

I don't know about 3-4 people constantly hitting it but I've hit my PD back-to-back for minutes at a time trying to really get the most out of a bowl with no noticable heat loss. I actually find the unit gets hotter to the touch the more I hit it, though I'm not sure if it would be the same when you have a few sets of lungs drawing from it. It would make sense that more inhales = more time for the unit to get back to its regulated temperature, I just haven't seen it from personal use. Would like to hear how it functions in a 3-4 person session with consecutive hits going on, much like the scenario you mentioned.

mlo4sho,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
I freakin love this thread! I'm loving the interactions here! Hows your vape coming along man? Is it still in kit form?
looks like PD is just gunna have to become art of the office, hopefully there will be a purple stained one? hmmm??? :p

I love the small company effort, its awesome :peace:

I made one for ya :p
43371419.jpg

HiPi,
Great story about how the PD logo was created.
Just goes to show, if you want to do something right, you have to do it yourself!
The business card photo is also cool.

Vapemania-original,
Well she arrived today just in time for the weekend!
Excellent craftsmanship, attention to fine details, nothing rushed, to my eye absolutely flawless:p
It took 7 weeks and 3 days from when I placed my order to when it arrived.
It looks beautiful...sooo glad I ordered when I did which coincided with the arrival of this amazing stick of wood.
I will post photos later.

GreenMoroni,

Nycdeisel

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that the grain on their wood seems to 'pop' more over time?
I just noticed an eye on the top back of my unit, and the grain extending from it becoming even more visible.

Cool!

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom