Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

hereatlast

Very cool pic there, I too am appreciating a look at the factory :D

This last pic is particularly intriguing to me, interesting to see the lengths you go to prep just the stems...at the same time, there's an underlying simplicity to this machine thats just obvious and beautiful. Don't forget to take a break :cheers:

hereatlast,

Brood

I fill my days with repetitive work (these days), and I appreciate the craftmanship and progress photos, Tom. Getting a 'behind the scenes' look helps me understand not only the effort involved, but adds to the excitement and overall experience.

One day I hope to take one of my pet projects and share it with the world the way Tom and Pammy have.

Brood,
Is the warranty still viable if you bought your purple days used? and where can i buy a pandora PD? The link is broken....

VaporBoxed,

Purple-Days

VaporBoxed, read the Purple-Days website warranty page for warranty info (bottom of page, in BOLD white on black). The first post in the Pandora Thread has new info.

+++

Stainless is a bit tough to work with, steel is hard stuff :bang: , so your tools have to be harder. :goon:
Sharpening Carbide is another story...

Glad folks like the shop pics. Here are a few from earlier in the week.

2psf121.jpg

Tubes are washed too. Even the screens get washed to remove any manufacturing residues.

Purple-Days,

weedemon

enthusiast
haha that looks awesome :) the tubes look like a very professional finished product in the bin. It's great to hear that you guys wash them out so any of us users who don't know any better just used it straight out of the box.

love that health is the top concern for this product.

weedemon,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Read that the tsunami hit Port Orford - hope your friends from there are OK.....

jeffp,

weedemon

enthusiast
Madcap79 said:
Just ordered my Myrtle wood PD today. I can't wait. Looks AWESOME! :D

congrats man :) i was on the fence about that type of wood too. it looks like every one made from myrtle will look very different! it was very hard to decide actually.

does the myrtle wood smell like an evergreen? i have a Douglas fir scented candle and that thing is one of my favourite smells ever (next to plain bees wax that is).

maybe i can use bees wax in the copper cup? i wonder if it's hot enough to sufficiently spread the smell of bees wax around... anyone tried it??

weedemon,

Purple-Days

Port Orford is fine, we heard from a friend in town today, but Pammy's friends up at the mouth of the Elk River might not have done as well, low farmland. I heard on the radio that a photographer (idiot) in N. Cali was swept to sea and lost. It's a powerful ocean, even on a normal day.

Myrtle has a light Bay Leaf odor. The leaves of the tree can be used as a substitute for Bay. Wood odors diminish in short time.

Purple-Days,

Puget

mollusk
[I've tried the search function but it doesn't narrow down to a single thread?]

So I just ordered a black walnut/bison model with accessories (my first vape, woohoo!).

My question is: Can I leave a plugged-in PD in the center console of my car, while driving to a friend's place?

Puget,

Purple-Days

The PD comes with a car cord that fits the lighter socket or power point on 12 Volt automobiles. The unit will drop out of the vapor zone pretty quick when unplugged so have a plan, unplug last moment before moving the unit and have a plan on where to plug in (car or house). Depending on ambient temps you have 4 or 5 minutes, but are loosing heat each of those minutes. And the longer it is unplugged the longer it will take to re-achieve equilibrium. ie. ... don't sweat it too much, just plan ahead and don't forget to plug it back in.

Walnut is popular and Genuine Bison is our favorite leather. Thanks for choosing us. :)

+++

I recall they, Myrtle and Bay Laurel, are related. All woods seem to smell different, some species aren't pleasant to work with in the shop, I avoid those of course.

+++

Heard more on the Tsunami, that 4 were swept away in Oregon.

We were very aware of the tsunami hazard, there is a fault line just off the coast from Northern Cali to north of Seattle, 700 miles long. Historic evidence says the west coast has been hit hard by tsunamis.

Every year we lived on the coast we heard of someone (or more) being swept away by 'sneaker' waves. You don't turn you back on that ocean on a good day, deliberately getting close to it on a tsunami day was senseless.

Purple-Days,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
Just a quick update; I finally got the technique down and the DBV has been has been filed away for group use. The thing that finally helped work things out was testing the draw straight after loading - if it didn't draw well I'd empty it and reload it until it did. Doing this has helped me work out the loading and quantity that works for me and as a result I am really enjoying using it now.

Many thanks to those who offered advice, I appreciate it, and of course many thanks again to Tom and Pammy for this quality vape. :)

nuvap,

Puget

mollusk
Purple-Days said:
The PD comes with a car cord that fits the lighter socket or power point on 12 Volt automobiles. The unit will drop out of the vapor zone pretty quick when unplugged so have a plan, unplug last moment before moving the unit and have a plan on where to plug in (car or house). Depending on ambient temps you have 4 or 5 minutes, but are loosing heat each of those minutes. And the longer it is unplugged the longer it will take to re-achieve equilibrium. ie. ... don't sweat it too much, just plan ahead and don't forget to plug it back in.
[. . .]
Thanks for the reply, Tom. I was planning to bring along the AC power unit. My real question is, the PD will not start melting the plastic of my car? I have enough space in my console for the unit to be upright. (Just a noob question :uhoh:)

Puget,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hey Tom, I watched all the videos on your site. Very impressive. I've always found wood working fascinating. I play guitar as well although not quite as good as you. It's gonna be a long 4-6 weeks but I know it'll be worth it.

Madcap79,

hereatlast

Puget, you should be fine with the PD in your cup-holder and/or dash. The unit is warm to the touch but pleasantly so, you can hold the unit in your hand for long periods of time comfortably...not temperatures close to burning anything in most surroundings.

hereatlast,

MG23

Relaxin'
Hey there folks.
I just found a Terayon AC Adaptor at my house with a connector that fits the PD and seemingly similair specs to the original adaptor and I wanted to ask anyone with more electrical know-how than myself if this is an acceptable substitute for the Jameco.

Jameco:
Input: 120VAC 60Hz 16.5W
Output: 12VAC 1000mA

Terayon:
Input: 120V AC 60Hz 0.3A
Output 10V DC 1200mA

MG23,

Purple-Days

Resistance is fixed, Voltage controls temperature (all other factors aside).

"10V DC 1200mA" will never provide the needed 12V (Volts). Use the OEM transformer for best results. Jameco.com part #10081 . . . 2 for about $27 w/ shipping.

Purple-Days,

MG23

Relaxin'
Purple-Days said:
Resistance is fixed, Voltage controls temperature (all other factors aside).

"10V DC 1200mA" will never provide the needed 12V (Volts). Use the OEM transformer for best results. Jameco.com part #10081 . . . 2 for about $27 w/ shipping.

Thanks a lot, didn't have enough electrical knowledge to know myself. Just saw the adapter and thought it would be neat if I had a second one sitting around. :)

Thanks again for the quick info.

MG23,

Puget

mollusk
Thanks, hereatlast.

Matty, that supply will not make the PD hot enough. The output voltage needs to be 12 volts, AC or DC and rated for at least an amp (1000mA) on the output. If you find a supply with 12 volts and (say) 1200mA, that just means the adapter is a little heavier duty than necessary.

Puget,

weedemon

enthusiast
damn man! hope it comes for ya soon! when i ordered it said 4-6 week wait.

not trying to rush ya though Tom, :)

weedemon,

ThCombustion

Cleanfiend, what kind did you order? I really hope I get mine sooner than that. I am too impatient though.

ThCombustion,
Top Bottom