Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Nycdeisel

I never understood how one could simultaneously remove the PD and the stem. I always liked a neat clear though, its easier for me. Water levels make a big difference with these types of vaporizers as well.

Nycdeisel,

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
Nycdeisel said:
I never understood how one could simultaneously remove the PD and the stem. I always liked a neat clear though, its easier for me. Water levels make a big difference with these types of vaporizers as well.

What have you found is an ideal water level? I ordered a soul family, thanks for the information and video, you made it easy to decide! ;)

sublimationpurist,

Nycdeisel

of course that makes it easy to decide if its all you see! :p
it depends on a lot of things; the water level. such as the downstems length, how much herb you use, how tight you load it in the bowl, etc etc

On my tube however(the one in the video), I use 2 inches of water(I think inches are a good measurement in this case since these tubes are all the same width)

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ordered my Soul Shine Family Glass bong last night as well. They have a myspace page; there's pics of the whole family little kids included making these things for future NYCDeisel videos.

Seriously thanks for the info - looking forward...

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

:lol:

I must have sparked a demand for these cause he just put at least 9 more of em up for sale :D I hope those become a regular in their shop, I just love these little straight shooters

jeffp post yours up once you receive it :)

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I will. I have one of the original PDs - in the old days the units had a nice little purple LED power indicator. So it will be a visually interesting video, assuming my daughter allows me to borrow her Flip and she's not around to view the spectacle.

Friend dropped by a few nights ago on the way back from a round trip to Miami, brought over outdoor home grown diesel from sunny tropical Florida, tried it last night - the BEST I've ever had hands down. This stuff is gold. Having a little sampling get together later and only with the PD - this is not to be wasted even with a whip vape.
I'll save some for the bong video......

Thanks again and your contributions to this forum are invaluable.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

Yes I have only heard about the ancient LED on the purple days haha
Thanks man, appreciate the kind words, and I will definitely be watching out for that video!

Nycdeisel,

Purple-Days

vqmd8l.jpg

Pammy's Sapele w/ LED :cool:

This is a custom unit, Purple-Days Diffusers do not have an LED.

Purple-Days,

lwien

Yeah, I never really saw the need for an LED. If one want to know if it's up and running, simply put your hand over the top of the wood.

lwien,

weedemon

enthusiast
just pulled the trigger and ordered a black walnut one with bison on the bottom. after reading all this stuff i am excited! just wish i didn't have to wait as long haha!

weedemon,

mlo4sho

weedemon said:
just pulled the trigger and ordered a black walnut one with bison on the bottom. after reading all this stuff i am excited! just wish i didn't have to wait as long haha!

You're going to love the choice you made. I'm nearing the end of the wait and it's not so bad anymore. But the first few days after ordering I was really anxious. Great things come to those who wait. The wait is really non-issue when you think about what you are getting. Nice choice on the bison hide bottom btw.

mlo4sho,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Before I saw the text under the picture I thought the LED was a hole (to decrease the heat or something).

That is cool, but not half as cool as the giant Tinkerbell likeness lasered onto the front. Just kidding... :lol:

Awesome retro LED and one-of-a-kind positioning. :tup:

Live big and live long. :peace:

Progress,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
My stunning black walnut PD has just arrived!

I thought I would share some info and a quick picture until I can get some taken in better lighting.

It has taken 5 weeks and 3 days since ordering it to get it shipped to the UK; it was 4 weeks from ordering until it was shipped and then the rest to get over here and through customs. For anyone interested, the customs charges were 34.63.

36923488.jpg

It is currently warming up for it's maiden voyage. :brow: :ko:

More pics to follow once I do a bit of waxing and get some nice sun to show off the wood. :)

Huge thanks to Tom and Pammy for this quality piece of kit... I am sooooo pleased with it.

nuvap,

weedemon

enthusiast
yeah! glad to see yours came in! (not that i'm doubting it won't) I am excited for ya also! what did you line the bottom of it with?

lets hear about the experience using it now.

what is your preferred method so far? how does it compare to other vaps?

Have fun! i also ordered the black walnut wood type. (i love the darker wood)

weedemon,

Nycdeisel

That walnut doesnt look very walnut like...its probably just the photo. Anyway as far as I knew, these didnt ship outside of the US, I guess you worked something or other out. Lookin good man! and congratulations!

Nycdeisel,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
Nycdeisel said:
That walnut doesnt look very walnut like...its probably just the photo. Anyway as far as I knew, these didnt ship outside of the US, I guess you worked something or other out. Lookin good man! and congratulations!
Yeah that first pic is too light because of the flash. I've done another below that looks a bit better, I'd just waxed/buffed it. It's lovely. :)

As for not shipping outside of US, that is true... but they sell Pandora kits outside the US. So I asked Pammy very nicely if I bought a kit would Tom assemble the unit for me, and they kindly agreed. Ok, because it is a 'kit' as such I don't get a warranty and I had to supply a power unit but I can live with that. Tom has built these for years and these things don't really fail so I am happy to risk it for such a great unit.

Overall, I am a seriously happy bunny. :)

imag0039bt.jpg

Edit: Even though I think that looks lovely above, it still doesn't do it justice as the wood is a lot dark then it looks in either of those pics. I'll try to take some better pics when I get chance.

nuvap,

Nycdeisel

looks A LOT better :D Im diggin the grain on that one. and that was super nice and cool of Tom and Pammy to do that for you, couldnt ask for better customer service!

Nycdeisel,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Nice, I have a walnut as well- with the same logo, hehe. They really helped me out getting one quickly and I love them for that.

Tstat,

hereatlast

x2. Another Black Walnut user and proponent of the aforementioned customer service here :)

Its a little ridiculous but I've been using my Alder and Black Walnut units side by side, swapping hits. :ko:

hereatlast,

Brood

Hello FC, my first post :D

I have been a vaporist (is that the word to use?) since last spring. I was forced to sell my SSV (not very stealthy) and recently decided to get a PD after reading about 1-3 pages of this thread. Now I've read about 60 pages scattered here and there. Looks like I've stumbled upon one of the great vaporizers!

This is truly a unique and wonderful community. Reading Tom's responses, and watching the FC regulars so patiently and maturely address our newb questions is actually heartwarming. I know that sounds mellow dramatic but it's very true.

Since the wait is longer than I care to stay sober, I decided to visit one of the headshops in Venice and pick up an $80.00 flame powered vape. It's terrible, it's combustive (most of my loads), and simply not a pleasure to control like my SSV was. I say, you gotta enjoy the ritual.

So; unhappy with my $80 hold-over I visited another shop and paid 'way' too much for a MFLB. I don't get clouds I can feel on exhale, or enjoy the tactile feeling, and don't get the satifaction of thick vapor...but, the taste is there ;)

I've read endlessly about the SSV vs the PD in this thread, and I know many of you own MFLB's and PD's (I can tell because of your sigs) but I guess I haven't reached those partts of the thread yet. The MFLB is getting me excited about my upcoming PD. For those of you who own both (walnut especially, cuz that's the one I asked for) could you tell me a bit about flavor?

Oh and...Pammy is very nice and friendly. She is also very patient. I gave her the wrong address twice (new address for us), and she was still very pleasant during our email correspondence.

...getting excited!! :)

Brood,

weedemon

enthusiast
I'm on the waiting list too. i dunno, for me i sometimes find the wait is better then actually having the product.

as i understand, the key benefits of this unit are (please correct me if i am wrong folks!)

1. efficiency (you will use less herb overall for the same effect)
2. taste (this unit gives some of the best tasting vapor tokes) (what others vapes can compare to the pd taste wise?)
3. ease (plug it in to set it and forget it.)

weedemon,
Top Bottom