Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I have a lot of free time on my hands, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest to spend 100 hours on a single unit... I have faith that I would be able to make something that produces good vapor by buying top parts + directly copying all the best designs :D

I'm not looking at supplying any, just purely building another 2 or 3 for backups/multiple houses and 1 for my bro.

Perhaps my original cherry unit will keep chugging on forever :ninja:

Chubba,

Qbit

cannabanana
Purple-Days said:
Chubba, ask for help. We can work together, to supply the best folks, with the best advice.

I have often said, NO Secrets... But it ain't easy, if you want to make an "all RoHS compliant, Lead-Free, Toxin-Free" vape with a complex heat exchanger geometry (72 dark technology fins), ask.,.. you might be surprised what it takes. Maybe not... we will see.

Fuck combustion, and those that don't support the vapor movement... !~!~!

:cool: :lol: :D :2c:
Hey, Tom, if you're willing to offer advice on construction, I'm curious. I want to see these kinds of vapes in the hands of my friends. As it happens I do have an old metal craftsman friend who probably has all the equipment needed.

We're starved of decent vapes around these parts, and the crappy ones are turning people off vapourization altogether. Of course I'd love it if you were capable of churning PD's out by the thousand, but clearly that's not about to happen. Up until now, I've had every intention of referring my friends to you, but now that that time has come to an end (and quite understandably really, given your local demand) the idea of whipping up a few vapes of this general design here in Oz sounds like it could be fun.

I suppose what might make me feel a bit funny is if people started asking to buy them, as they did with you. How would you feel if someone here started making a commercial model of their own? I for one would never wish to rub anyone up the wrong way. This sort of business thing can get can messy karma-wise, and we're all friends here.

I know it doesn't sound like quite your style, Tom, but have you ever considered some kind of international unofficial franchise? I'd happily offer a commission for the plans and advice. Never know, you could have Chubba and me (or someone else entirely) making 'children of the PD' for our little market, and maybe with others doing the same in different parts of the world. Of course only you could make the official PD, to keep your reputation for quality-control untarnished.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
Purple-Days said:
I guess that's cool, Q. We just aren't exposed to that sort of thing. :2c: WTF? I'me an OG...
Heh, well that movie is 28 years old now and very
well-entrenched in popular culture.

If you haven't seen 'Raiders' ... well it's just one of the movies you gotta see before you die.

Qbit,

Purple-Days

NO, I don't have to. But, you are welcome to anytime. It's a choice. We do not subscribe to modern 'fashion'. It's not a 'put-down' it's a personal choice. The age of something has nothing to do with it's value. :2c:

ps. and BTW I do not know who the latest heartthob is... I suppose I could watch Phil Donahue and find out... ;)

For those that don't know, Phil started it all. Syndicated TV talk that is. I grew up in the middle of it... :/

Purple-Days,

Qbit

cannabanana
Purple-Days said:
NO, I don't have to. But, you are welcome to anytime. It's a choice. We do not subscribe to modern 'fashion'. It's not a 'put-down' it's a personal choice. The age of something has nothing to do with it's value. :2c:

ps. and BTW I do not know who the latest heartthob is... I suppose I could watch Phil Donahue and find out... ;)

For those that don't know, Phil started it all. Syndicated TV talk that is. I grew up in the middle of it... :/
Heh yeah I know about Donahue. And as for the latest heartthrobs, I'll keep references to Burt Reynolds to a minimum. ;)

Qbit,

reece

Purple-Days said:
I guess that's cool, Q. We just aren't exposed to that sort of thing. :2c: WTF? I'me an OG...
:lol:

I never expected to see a reference to Ice-T.

Too cool, Tom.

reece,

rossinleeds

Hi all

I just got a Purple Days a few days ago and I'm a huge fan of it but unfortunately it took a nasty fall on my floor and the whole metal assembly (the tube, metal circle, little pin and whatever is underneath it) in the middle has sort of fallen in to the base (probably about 0.8cm). Does anyone know if it's possible to fix this myself? It all seems intact and I can pull it out again but it falls back in pretty easily.

rossinleeds,

Purple-Days

From the purple-days site,
"NEVER attempt to open or modify the
Purple-Days Diffuser Unit or it's AC Adapter.
Refer all service to Purple-Days.com"
Give us an e-mail, it's a quick fix, but I would prefer we do it.

Purple-Days,

rubbersoul

i just discovered this forum today when looking to finalize my vape purchase. i'm very glad i did, because being the noob i am i had no idea what to look for and would have made an uninformed decision. after checking out the forums and spending a few minutes in live chat, i've decided to get this vape. this sounds like a wonderful product, i like that they are hand made. too much of my life has been delivered to me via assembly line robots : ) it looks quite beatiful from the pictures and is priced quite reasonably compared to many others i've seen.

i look forward to getting this in the mail in a couple months (insane wait time haha)

rubbersoul,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Hey rubber, welcome to FC. Glad to see you didn't go wandering off into the vape world without direction :). I had the same experience really. I was about to get a $100 Vapir until I found this site and was directed away. I've been waiting a couple weeks for this vape too. Welcome to the waiting crew.

You know, I was getting scared, 162 pages and I had to wait 6 hours to see a new post :lol:.

The_Other_Shoe,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The_Other_Shoe said:
Hey rubber, welcome to FC. Glad to see you didn't go wandering off into the vape world without direction :). I had the same experience really. I was about to get a $100 Vapir until I found this site and was directed away. I've been waiting a couple weeks for this vape too. Welcome to the waiting crew.
At first glance I read "Welcome to the waiting room."
WebsiteWaitingRoom.jpg

jeffp,

beachvaper

hi there! i've never used a vaporizer before. i guess you could say i'm a vape virgin. logged tons of hours researching which one to get and knew pd was it when i read tom's intro. on this thread. yes, i read the whole thread. i can wait! patience is a virgin. :o

to the down under crowd suffering pd withdrawl: why don't you just have a friend in the ordering region get it and then forward it to you? that would probably nullify the warranty but it will more than likely outlast that. :2c:

:peace:

beachvaper,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Beachweed, Jeffp would like to welcome you to the waiting room, the others waiting for the PD welcome you to the waiting list.

As for the no international, I had the same thoughts, but figured they would figure it out if it came to the point where they really needed one. I'm sure some of them would have their reasons.

The_Other_Shoe,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
jeff...that cell phone idea is hilarious...no way the phone you picked would be a stealth operation!

stickstones,

josh

JeffP welcomes you to the waiting room. Where for only $40 you can get a massage special. I wonder if they are like the PD, always delivers a happy ending. And then Beachweed can wait because after all patience is like virgins. Just waiting for their time to come. You guys crack me up but to all the newbs, welcome to the purple family.

josh,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Only $40 and a happy ending?!? Shit ok so I have no money because of the PD... So I can't drop my spot in line for money or else I will no longer be in the waiting room and won't be able to get the massage even though I could afford it, and right now I can get one but can't afford it... Quite the lose-lose dilemma :ko:

The_Other_Shoe,

rossinleeds

Thanks to Pammy & Tom who got back to me really quickly and helped me solve the problem with my PD! Considering the fall it took (off a wardrobe onto a hard floor with a nasty bounce) it's pretty amazing that it survived with no permanent damage. So now I can get back to enjoying the lovely lovely vapour.

A lot of people here probably already know what a great product and customer service Pammy & Tom provide but I just wanted to say it myself! Thanks guys!

rossinleeds,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope."
-The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

3925-1.jpg

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
josh said:
The PD can help you get through times of very little dope.
In those days these guys rolled "numbers" or "doobies" or "J's" with zig-zag exclusively.

hippie_old1.jpg

jeffp,

catlady

At what point should I stop vaping? I generally get 2 good draws (thick clouds), and then about 5 more dull ones after that. I usually quit at that point because I get tired of doing it.

My question is, is it really worth it to do those extra 5? Is most of the vapour in the first 2?

i'm using high grade herb... if that matters...

catlady,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
not sure if potency can be gauged subjectively by thick clouds. personally i would just keep going until you see god in colors... but that's just me.

jeffp,
Top Bottom