Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
anyway while I was experiencing a sour diesel purple days experience an idea came to me which I think is pretty cool for someone to maybe create:
a cell phone vaporizer. i mean it's not really a cell phone - it has a battery like a cell phone battery and what could be more stealth than sucking into the handset?

brickcellphonead.jpg

jeffp,

sethhobrin

Anyone ever have a problem with the PD staying turned on with the cord in certain angles?

I have the Radio Shack wall wart and it seems to turn off sometimes depending on which angle it is plugged in to the unit. it has a different type of connector L shaped instead of _ shaped. Its like if I have it on one side of the unit it works fine but if I set it down and the cord is angled the other way it turns off. It seems finicky.... just tired of walking up to my pd and it being cold.

anyone know where to be original replacements for the wart that came with it? I might pick up a few. i liked it better than the radio shack one.

sethhobrin,

leozdad

i would think tom has some original equipment for sale check the purpledays.com website :peace:

leozdad,

josh

sethhobrin said:
anyone know where to be original replacements for the wart that came with it? I might pick up a few. i liked it better than the radio shack one.
And that is why the thread is up to 161 pages. Search and you will find.

From, most recently, pg 156 of this thread. http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...amecoall&ddkey=http:StoreCatalogDrillDownView

From VapeNow. http://vapenow.com/index.php/Purple-Days-Power-Adapter-p-306/

From Tom's site. http://www.purple-days.com/All_Products.html

Oh and since we are talking purple, GO VIKINGS!!!

josh,

Purple-Days

Yeah Jeff but you would have to call it 'the brick'. ;)

Just had to share this with the PD people. :D
http://www.break.com/index/goofy-yet-talented-one-man-band.html

And this one made me laugh a lot. ;) ;)
http://www.cracked.com/article/147_7-secrets-only-two-living-people-know-for-some-reason/

Busted original plugs are best replaced by straight plugs, mentioned recently... The dangling right angle plug (gravity) is even more vulnerable to damage as you set the unit down. Sounds like another busted cord plug, sethhobrin. The straight plug doesn't seem as vulnerable, but can also be damaged with rough use. :uhoh: Very tough use can cause power jack failure. :ko:

Purple-Days,

Qbit

cannabanana
There are going to be people who want a PD but are now going to be unable to get one. So I think it's more than fair of me to mention the AZ/MZ here, as it is the only possible alternative in this class of vape (although I don't know what Eterra are doing at the moment).

I do believe, however, that with demand for this kind of vape being so high, it's only a matter of time before we see even more producers coming up with their own models. And as long as they're a decent build, bring em on I say. We need a supply that can keep up with that demand.

After all the PD and the AZ/MZ are themselves knock-offs. I don't mean they're cheap or don't bring new elements to the design, but neither are essentially original.

Qbit,

Purple-Days

I think both take a certain dedication to going your own way. Not following the crowd. I respect this fellow a lot. :peace:

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Yes, Qbit, just like all cars are knock offs of each other. Or the Mercedes... Bow down to the inventor of the wheel, Bob at Eterra ...

But the Purple-Days DID NOT copy the A-Zap. It was a further development of the Eterra, patented in 1978, using modern materials. I have said that from the beginning. I hide nothing. :cool:

Purple-Days,

Qbit

cannabanana
Purple-Days said:
Yes, Qbit, just like all cars are knock offs of each other. Or the Mercedes... Bow down to the inventor of the wheel, Bob at Eterra ...

But the Purple-Days DID NOT copy the A-Zap. It was a further development of the Eterra, patented in 1978, using modern materials. I have said that from the beginning. I hide nothing. :cool:
Of course. I'm not criticizing either unit. But both are based on an earlier unit, and there's no reason why your market won't (or shouldn't) be joined by even more Eterra-class vapes from diffrent producers.

I'm guessing this should be no threat to your business, Tom, as I'm sure people will continue to snap up your devices every bit as fast as you can make them, and for as long as you keep making them. But most people don't live in North America, and even those who do are likely to drive demand far higher than you can manage.

Qbit,

Purple-Days

Totally understandable, Qbit. Yes, this is a design that has been waiting in the shade. It needed further development in my opinion. Others are certainly going to take this idea further, just as I have, and will someday improve on my design, if I (or Eterra/ Lightwell) don't get there first. That's biz... :cool:

And I have always said, "if it ain't fun, I won't do it." :D

Purple-Days,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Nice Story ^ :o

I must chuck a few pennies here... :2c:

For one to seek to stifle what they have worked so hard to advance would be quite hypocritical, and that is the antithesis of what I envision Tom to be. ;)

Progress,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
bloody crazy austrailians lmao uhohko
We're stuck in the middle of nowhere on a PD-less island now!

Someone should go make an Aussie version, I reckon it would sell quite well.

I've just started sourcing parts, between my woodworking uncle and my boiler making brother who have agreed to help, I'm hoping to knock up some backup PD replica's for safe keeping :D

Chubba,

Qbit

cannabanana
Purple-Days said:
Qbit, the pictures were totally uncalled for. Maybe you see that sort of stuff every day but we think it is disgusting. Please remove it from this thread. WTF??? I wiil edit this post and you will not be mentioned. What disgusting filth... ??? :2c:
Huh? That's Raiders Of The Lost Ark. And that scene (opening the Ark of the Covenant) is among the most famous in cinema history. Perfectly valid reference I thought.

Dont worry Tom, I was just making a little joke. I love your product, I really do, and my humour was simply making fun of the cult following it has attracted, and not at you at all. Maybe you don't get it, but others will.

Qbit,

Purple-Days

Chubba, ask for help. We can work together, to supply the best folks, with the best advice.

I have often said, NO Secrets... But it ain't easy, if you want to make an "all RoHS compliant, Lead-Free, Toxin-Free" vape with a complex heat exchanger geometry (72 dark technology fins), ask.,.. you might be surprised what it takes. Maybe not... we will see.

Fuck combustion, and those that don't support the vapor movement... !~!~!

:cool: :lol: :D :2c:

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom