Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

Yeah, I rolled a few 'numbers' in my day. (white zags for me please, but that was then, this is now) :cool:

Glad to help, Rossinleeds. :)

Catlady, there will be lots of answers to that one... and the only answer that counts is yours. I say 2-3 and then use it for ABV or cooking or cat litter or sweeping compound. It's just a point of diminishing returns for effort. Though there is still meds in there if you are patient.

As Jeff says,"i would just keep going until you see god in colors..." :D

Announcing...The newest thing in PD land.

Always looking to improve and this is it. Pammy has such a hard time with her wrists and the wood-burning just seems to bother her more than other things, controlling the design was tough, but she is a trooper and hung in there just the same. ;) It's time to give her a break.

8vwyzm.jpg

Laser etched at the same shop that makes the Billy Bowls,
right here in Port Orford, Oregon.

[a ps. about 'art', American photographer Penn (92) dies. "Photographing a cake can be art," he said at the 1953 opening of his studio, Associated Press reported. ] RIP. :peace:

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Laser etching huh? Some 'New-World' craftsmanship there. :cool: Can't blame you a bit. Wood burning is tedious and painstaking. I did some of that when I was a kid.

Yeah, I rolled a few 'numbers' in my day.
Haven't heard that term in years. Brings back memories. :cheers:

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i guess because it looks like a number one.
it's funny how "weed" has replaced "grass."
But I hear "smoke trees" and "smoke vegetables" in front of the all night grocery store... the local hoodlums call it the "bodega."

9-9-bullseye-bodega-2.jpg

jeffp,

jklasd

grass, tree, herb, green, burning, blazing.
those are the most common around here, as of right now. dont much matter what you call it to me, haha. personally i perfer cannabis. but as long as it goes well with my PD, thats all that matters.

jklasd,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
and "chronic" - which is pretty funny actually.

is that a name brand or just slang?

jeffp,

thepope

Boy that tune brings back memories ! (through the foggy times in my life) Some good and some bad.Vietnam era bullshit.:peace:

thepope,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
My favorite Neil Young album is "Ragged Glory."
One of the few sixties artists that progressed creatively through the decades...

jeffp,

VapoFish

I too like "Ragged Glory." One of my many favorites is "Tonight's The Night," it delivers emotional, gritty grunge and it was released WAY before grunge became a household word.

Joni Mitchell is another 60's artist that progresses creatively.

VapoFish,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Yeah, I saw Joni Mitchell perform the "Mingus" album years ago, obviously.
I consider her an artist who transcends criticism. She's sort of a world onto herself.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
But if there's one album that IS a world onto itself, I would say the Beach Boys, "Pet Sounds."

jeffp,

VapoFish

Never saw her perform, but I did see her in the airport, standing there all by herself, wearing a chic hat, digging through her purse and no one noticed but me. She is INDEED a world unto herself - one of a kind and an absolute original.

:peace:

VapoFish,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I really liked her bass player, Max Bennett, he's also the bass player on Zappa's Hot Rats, another masterpiece.

jeffp,

VapoFish

I agree. She also played with legendary bass man Jaco Pastorius (that line-up also included Pat Metheney, Herbie Hancock & Wayne Shorter). Wow! What a combo.

VapoFish,

max

Out to lunch
OK guys, that's 13 off topic posts in a row. And the thread is currently 163 pages. At least they were short. :lol:

max,

rubbersoul

since i've got all this time to wait, i've started working through reading this thread. right from the beginning, people were talking about battery packs for this thing, and tom made it quite clear that he wouldn't sell one unless it was "just right." i take it from the website that nobody has been able to come up with a decent battery pack for this unit. is that true? has anyone had success? from the small amount of power used and small footprint, it seems like portability would be a nice added bonus.

rubbersoul,

pbiend

Once I've unplugged my PD, after it's heated up, how long will it hold heat for efficient vaporizing-- 5min, 10 min? Need to have it in portable mode...

pbiend,

Frickr

pbiend said:
Once I've unplugged my PD, after it's heated up, how long will it hold heat for efficient vaporizing-- 5min, 10 min? Need to have it in portable mode...
tried this one time, and it was already cooled down enough to stop producing vapor before the first draw was over. it needs the constant supply of heat.

Frickr,

Lucic77

pbiend said:
I seem to remember people saying a time frame of like 5 minutes or less, but I could be a bit off. Basically, enough time to go from the house to the car adapter.

Lucic77,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I seem to remember people saying a time frame of like 5 minutes or less, but I could be a bit off. Basically, enough time to go from the house to the car adapter.
That's moving it... basically any time unplugged = time needed plugged in to get back to ideal temp.

So if it takes you 5 mins to move from your bedroom to the car, 5 mins in the car and it's back to temp.

Hitting it without power though is a whole different animal, 1 hit and you can basically kiss your stored heat goodbye... not possible to vape without it connected basically.

Chubba,

josh

I agree with the others. This thing is meant to have constant power. Try hitting it without and your heat will disappear. I have had minor success with using a good ups battery backup. Now in my case it still didn't serve the purpose I needed it for but it came close. Anyways I went to an all day concert several months back and took my PD along with my UPS from my computer. I imagine it did last several hours because after about 6 hours we got back in the car and the PD was still warm to the touch but not warm enough to vape. I suspect the juice ran out in the battery backup just a little shy of what I needed it for, but if you have a better UPS(my battery was old to begin with) or a shorter time needed you could try that.

josh,
Top Bottom