Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Ben

Purple-Days said:
(...) No More. We are done selling to places outside North America. All PDs will be sold through Vapenow and they will only be selling to USA and Canada.
Ohlala :o :(

Ben,

Qbit

cannabanana
Damn. That's rough. I'm glad I already have one, but it fucking sucks that my friends won't be able to. It also makes me a little nervous about losing the one I have.

So does this mean that Myrtlezap can now sell internationally? The world needs vapes of this type.

Qbit,

willywagtail

haha i thought you might have forgotten to do it on the second stem like me :ko: but i havent forgotton since the last few times, I've trained myself to watch for every crumb :D

lwien said:
willywagtail said:
what about the second stem, bowl up that time?
Yes. Bowl up on the first hit on every stem.

willywagtail,

reece

Qbit said:
Damn. That's rough. I'm glad I already have one, but it fucking sucks that my friends won't be able to. It also makes me a little nervous about losing the one I have.

So does this mean that Myrtlezap can now sell internationally? The world needs vapes of this type.
I believe Rick stopped selling Zaps outside of the U.S. some time ago.

reece,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
As a joke I emailed the Ebay seller of this item to explain to me how the material stays in the wand - (I know this isn't PD Experience but it relates to the issue of material in the tube vertically in the most exaggerated sense) - anyway here's the sloppy SSV/ Da Buddha ripoff:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320420318536&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
I emailed:
hi, how does the material NOT fall into the heating element, it seems like it goes straight upside down...
thanks,
jeff

then she wrote back:
yes. this style vapo. made it goes straight upside down...it;s normal..

if you don't wanna it fall into the heating element.I recommand to add some filter screen........

any question plx let me know
mari

and it turns out that the seller...

98.5% Positive Feedback
Member since May-11-05 in Hong Kong
Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.

ChineseFishCatcher.jpg

jeffp,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Ahhhh well, no more PD's for Australian's... hope to god my PD doesn't break.

Guess somebody else is going to have create a similar product for our market.

I have a bunch of free time, I might put my highschool wood working skills into practice and try and whip up a replica.

Chubba,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Will the people who already have one outside the US be able to get extra stems for the PD's they already have if they need them in the future?

Happycamper,

Qbit

cannabanana
Well, for those from Oz and NZ who were hoping for a PD, hassle Rick on the Aromazap/Myrtlezap thread and he might start sending his units our way again. He has indicated to me that he's considering it.

For those who don't know, the PD and the Aromazap/Myrtlezap are very similar vapourizers. The main difference is the materials used, as the PD is made from RoHS compliant parts with stainless steel and lead-free solder and beeswax-based polish and rainbows and ground-up unicorns and shit. ;)

The Myrtlezap on the other hand uses brass, which contains small amounts of lead. Some feel that this is an issue, others don't. I don't believe any evidence has been offered to show how lead could become gaseous at the relatively low temperatures that the unit reaches, but there are those who just don't want to take any chances at all.

I own a PD already and I love it, but I've smoked out of brass pipes many times in my life, which surely would have been far worse for me than a AZ/MZ could possibly be. So if I lost my PD, I would buy a Myrtlezap and risk a future of yelling at the trees, but everyone else can decide for themselves what they think of this alternative.

Qbit,

Purple-Days

All current PD family members can continue to contact us. Tubes and other accessories will be available to everyone.

Down under, (and the UK) has never been a problem for us. The people and the postal systems are wonderful. Certain parts of the world (and the people there) have been a pain in our ass.

I'll give an example.

This person ordered, the package was sent, when it didn't arrive right away (in just a few days) they filled a claim against us with paypal. Nice. We bowed and scrapped and got them to remove the claim while we sent a second PD by Express mail, with tracking, tracking showed an attempted delivery, this person, then claims the package is lost along with an e-mail questioning our honesty. Oh, by this time the first package arrives back in PD land.
2i9nqxl.jpg

Look at what it says, "Not Claimed"...
On follow through with our Post Master with their second package we find that a national strike has been going on (uhhh, who's honesty?), then they say that the package has officially been declared lost and they become even more...
We try to calm them and suggest that the package will probably turn up back here just like the first one. That isn't satisfactory to them.

What finally happened? Yep, it shows up at their door a day or two later.

A paypal claim, questioning our honesty, costing us many extra hours of e-mails and frustration and worry. Just not worth it. It just like anything else, a few bad apples can spoil it for everyone.

As to the similarity of the PD and MZ. Qbit is partly right, "The main difference is the materials used, as the PD is made from RoHS compliant parts with stainless steel and lead-free solder and beeswax-based polish..." And the complicated heat exchanger geometry for more efficient heat transfer, and the more stable internal construction, and the kiln dried hardwood, and the heavy duty real leather bottom... over a real hardwood bottom, and three tubes instead of two, and a car adapter included, and the PD tote bag, and the cleaning accessories,and the :buzz: Buzz-Butter sample and tin, and the heavy storage box. :cool:

Purple-Days,

lwien

........and a 3 year warranty with the PD versus a 90 day warranty on the Zaps.

I do believe though, that Zaps are now coming with a car adapter.

lwien,

Purple-Days

edit: VVV From the myrtlezap buy page...,"Myrtlezaps come with a free car adapter. If you would rather have an extra vapor stem(3 total), let us know in the "notes to seller" section which will appear at the end of the Paypal ordering process." You must have been special, Reece. ;)

Purple-Days,

lwien

Gotta be careful here guys. We are treading on that Zap versus PD thing again. As long as we can keep it objective versus subjective, we should be fine...........just a heads up.

lwien,

Qbit

cannabanana
Purple-Days said:
All current PD family members can continue to contact us. Tubes and other accessories will be available to everyone.

Down under, (and the UK) has never been a problem for us. The people and the postal systems are wonderful. Certain parts of the world (and the people there) have been a pain in our ass.

I'll give an example.

This person ordered, the package was sent, when it didn't arrive right away (in just a few days) they filled a claim against us with paypal. Nice. We bowed and scrapped and got them to remove the claim while we sent a second PD by Express mail, with tracking, tracking showed an attempted delivery, this person, then claims the package is lost along with an e-mail questioning our honesty. Oh, by this time the first package arrives back in PD land.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2i9nqxl.jpg
Look at what it says, "Not Claimed"...
On follow through with our Post Master with their second package we find that a national strike has been going on (uhhh, who's honesty?), then they say that the package has officially been declared lost and they become even more...
We try to calm them and suggest that the package will probably turn up back here just like the first one. That isn't satisfactory to them.

What finally happened? Yep, it shows up at their door a day or two later.

A paypal claim, questioning our honesty, costing us many extra hours of e-mails and frustration and worry. Just not worth it. It just like anything else, a few bad apples can spoil it for everyone.
Umm, so are you still shipping to Australia and NZ or not? It's that from your last post it seemed pretty clear that you were now going to limit yourself to North America. I'm pleased to hear that you will keep supplying us internationals with accessories, but I was wondering about new units for my friends. I have one at least so far who was considering it.

Don't worry, I'm a Purple Days man, and I would recommend them to anyone, but if the option was no longer there, I'd definitely give the MZ a shot.

As to the similarity of the PD and MZ. Qbit is partly right, "The main difference is the materials used, as the PD is made from RoHS compliant parts with stainless steel and lead-free solder and beeswax-based polish..." And the complicated heat exchanger geometry for more efficient heat transfer, and the more stable internal construction, and the kiln dried hardwood, and the heavy duty real leather bottom... over a real hardwood bottom, and three tubes instead of two, and a car adapter included, and the PD tote bag, and the cleaning accessories,and the :buzz: Buzz-Butter sample and tin, and the heavy storage box. :cool:
Yeah, like I was saying - sugar and spice and dolphins' kisses n shit. :p;)

Qbit,

Rick

Zapman
Glad I popped in for a peek. I see the MZ was mentioned here along with comments about 3 stems, warranties and lots of good stuff.

For the record.
We often send an extra stem to folks. Not because they are special but because we have been running late compared to our normal production schedule. We now are running closer to a week turn around rather than the normal 2-3 days from the old days. I also send an extra if I miss a promised ship date by more than a day or two. And sometimes we just goof up.
Our stated warranty is 90 days, yes. So find an unhappy AZ/MZ owner related to warranty problems. We have always kept our customers as happy as possible for many years past the sale date. Ask them.
As for all the stated differences between MZ and PD by the inventor of the PD. The stuff that comes out of the stem and into your lungs is the same. The efficiency(making resources go as far as possible) is the same. We have always had a real leather bottom. Ours are recycled leather coats from St Vinnies. The MZ comes with an authentic hand crafted very arty aroma flower with a hand made dragonfly for the aromatheerapy function, NOT a plain old copper cap as the PD. Our grain patterns with the MZ are unreal as long as we can continue to get the wood. Our MZ kit is $145 delivered in close to a week.
We have been in business for over 8 years with no advertising of any kind for the last three years at least and we are still going strong.
They make the same stuff, period. Nobody that I have seen yet has proved any different.

Sorry Tom, you opened the door. It could have been shut.

Rick,

lwien

Here we go again........... :uhoh:

Rick, the difference is, is that what Tom has stated, he stated in the PD thread, not the MZ thread, as you have done here. Maybe it's best not to post in each others threads, eh?

lwien,

Purple-Days

No Qbit, we no longer sell outside North America. Overwhelming demand here (9 weeks of wait time) combined with the international delivery hassles, means we don't have time or the energy to do it (or custom units) any more.

For the record, on the number of tubes, I was using the 'normal MZ kit' vs. the 'normal PD kit'. As stated in each of our websites. Not some special deal, folks may or may not get.

Lwien was using the stated warranty (90 days) vs. the stated PD warranty (three years). If you want to offer a better warranty, make it so.

Qbit, brought up the Lead in your product, I never mentioned it.

As far as efficiency, the MZ is efficient, we enjoyed one for almost two years, but I would say the PD has better heat transfer ability, it just makes sense. And I have used both extensively. We have a very complex geometry in our heat exchanger, the MZ does not. Dark Fin Technology too.

Rick says, "We have always had a real leather bottom." I stand corrected. Your big advocate Madcap called it felt, and you have never corrected that or mentioned the leather that I have seen. So,you use the same leather as before, that's good to hear, wasn't sure how felt over cardboard was going to hold up. ;)

Purple-Days,

Rick

Zapman
our big advocate is thousands of happy customers for many years, not Madcap.
Yup, hokey recycled cardboard pressed into a recess in the wood underneath the leather. Works fine and always has with no complaints ever on that issue.
Sorry I don't do all the cool smiley faces. They are really neat.

I'm gone now.

Rick,

jklasd

wow, that was a bit.....:ninja: nvm. nothing good to say bout that move.
tom, as sad as it is to know only NA populated people will get a PD, its nice to know your sticking with your priorities that you set. i hope everything remains well for you and pam. PD is still that beautiful little workhorse of mine.

jklasd,

Purple-Days

Thanks, Jklasd. We just need to adjust sometimes. It was a hard decision, but sometimes there is a straw that breaks the camel's back. It's happened before.

Glad to hear it, Leozdad.

Ahh, the LSO sessions. Some of them (the orchestra musicians) went out at lunch break and got a bit drunk, Franks was highly pissed. Some good stuff though. Just came in from listening to Man With A Woman Head. I love that poem and the tune in back of it. :D

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Yeah I read about that in TRFZB....
Wish I still had the original hardcover - I bet it would be as collectible as an original purple light PD..

jeffp,
Top Bottom